PDA

View Full Version : Is possible add more cars on track?

Spitfire_88
01-04-2016, 04:33
Is possible add more cars on grids with limits in some tracks, example Silverstone, (max 31 cars on track), and put 40 or more cars?

i like to play with cutom grid tool, and enjoy a good endurance race with some classes, 50 cars on track.

Sorry for my bad english.

Invincible
01-04-2016, 04:54
Not really, as the limits are due to available pits. So if there is a limit of 31 cars, there aren't more than 31 pit stalls. Were would you put the extra cars?

Salty Dog
01-04-2016, 05:07
Apparently there a certain amount of cars you can safely use on track before it starts to effect track times for some reason, AI overload, i heard on here anything over 24 cars on track, 23 other cars than your own is the limit before problems start, over 24 cars is too much for the game to cope is what ive gathered from experience and others experience written on here so thats what i cap all mine to, 24.

Can anybody tell me if this is correct and maybe explain the 24 car limit in PC to me?

cheers

Spitfire_88
01-04-2016, 06:23
Not really, as the limits are due to available pits. So if there is a limit of 31 cars, there aren't more than 31 pit stalls. Were would you put the extra cars?

Oh, thank you, good to know.

it's just that I like to play custom races with a lot of cars on track, lmp1, lmp2, gt3, gt1... in Monza, Road America, or Le Mans, grids of 50 cars on track for fun. ;)

Spitfire_88
01-04-2016, 06:25
Apparently there a certain amount of cars you can safely use on track before it starts to effect track times for some reason, AI overload, i heard on here anything over 24 cars on track, 23 other cars than your own is the limit before problems start, over 24 cars is too much for the game to cope is what ive gathered from experience and others experience written on here so thats what i cap all mine to, 24.

Can anybody tell me if this is correct and maybe explain the 24 car limit in PC to me?

cheers

must be correct, likely to create problems or conflicts for IA.

cluck
01-04-2016, 07:27

cheersI believe that problem is unique to the consoles and lower-spec PCs. The AI drivers need some CPU cycles to calculate their behaviour and, with 30 of them on track (for example), that can prove too much for some systems. The physics process then struggles to update fast enough (due to the CPU being pre-occupied elsewhere), gets overloaded and 'weird s**t' happens. At least, that's my crude understanding of things and I might be wrong (I usually am :o)

As for car limits, as Invincible has pointed out, in the vast majority of cases it is down to the pit garages.

Invincible
01-04-2016, 07:33
As Cluck says, if your CPU is beefy enough (i7 5960X :p), you COULD run even 50 ai cars without any problems, if it weren't for space limitations on the track, i.e. the pits. Consoles on the other hand aren't really up to the task for anything more than 24 cars. Sometimes it goes well with more, sometimes it doesn't.

Bolt10
01-04-2016, 08:00
You can by modifying tracks files with notepad+

You can write 1000 participant or more but in the game the max AI stay on 55 IA.

But it create some big problems :

I don't recommend. :D

Salty Dog
01-04-2016, 11:47
I believe that problem is unique to the consoles and lower-spec PCs. The AI drivers need some CPU cycles to calculate their behaviour and, with 30 of them on track (for example), that can prove too much for some systems. The physics process then struggles to update fast enough (due to the CPU being pre-occupied elsewhere), gets overloaded and 'weird s**t' happens. At least, that's my crude understanding of things and I might be wrong (I usually am :o)

As for car limits, as Invincible has pointed out, in the vast majority of cases it is down to the pit garages.

Thanks ZZCluck and Invincible, that explains it a lot better for me, thankyou.

Salty Dog
01-04-2016, 11:54

You can write 1000 participant or more but in the game the max AI stay on 55 IA.

Obviously leaked pictures of the new SMS red bull air race :)

Spitfire_88
02-04-2016, 01:15
As Cluck says, if your CPU is beefy enough (i7 5960X :p), you COULD run even 50 ai cars without any problems, if it weren't for space limitations on the track, i.e. the pits. Consoles on the other hand aren't really up to the task for anything more than 24 cars. Sometimes it goes well with more, sometimes it doesn't.

I have a i5 2400, i play without problems with 50 cars on track, but the problem, must be the pits.

Spitfire_88
02-04-2016, 01:18

Hahahahah thank you, i want to see this.:p

And nice Porsche skins.

Edit: Works fine, thank you so much.

E_Luckow
02-04-2016, 05:29
This is what I call a flying lap! :D

jadflat
19-06-2016, 21:30

my pCars folder doesn't have a "tracks" folder like yours, did you do something to have it appear?

Howie
20-06-2016, 16:22
my pCars folder doesn't have a "tracks" folder like yours, did you do something to have it appear?

Steam/Steam Apps/common/pCars/tracks/ open track you want/then open TRD file in note pad.

Siberian Tiger
20-06-2016, 17:00
Steam/Steam Apps/common/pCars/tracks/ open track you want/then open TRD file in note pad.

Which you only have, if you have used a Programm that Depacks the Game Files...
(And i highly recommend you to only do this if you know what you are doing!)

jadflat
20-06-2016, 20:48
Thanks, got it working