PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled: Project CARS 2

Azure Flare
01-04-2016, 07:24
On behalf of Slightly Mad Studios, I regret to inform the community that Project CARS 2 has unfortunately been cancelled. The next project, Project CARS 3 will begin shortly, WMD membership will be opening shortly afterwards.

Thank you for understanding.

cluck
01-04-2016, 07:28
I knew it, it was all a big con. Well thanks for nothing SMS :mad:

(obvious April Fool's joke is obvious)

Pisshead30
01-04-2016, 07:30
april fools day obviously

balderz002
01-04-2016, 07:31
How could they think of telling us such bad news on the 1st of April................

RoccoTTS
01-04-2016, 07:35
On behalf of Slightly Mad Studios, I regret to inform the community that Project CARS 2 has unfortunately been cancelled. The next project, Project CARS 3 will begin shortly, WMD membership will be opening shortly afterwards.

Nice try, but keep in mind most people here in this forum are smart people ;)

cluck
01-04-2016, 07:35
How could they think of telling us such bad news on the 1st of April................Well, perhaps it's a shrewd move. Most people will assume it's a joke but that's the perfect way to 'bury bad news', hide it right under our noses.

I'll report the thread and see if we can get official word on this :yes:.

EDIT : Thread reported. Sit tight folks, we should get some official news on this soon :).

balderz002
01-04-2016, 07:41
I heard SMS are gonna do a GT5 on PCars2 and delay release untill ....................... SMSoon

Azure Flare
01-04-2016, 07:45
Nice try, but keep in mind most people here in this forum are smart people ;)

I just hate being the bearer of bad news. :(

Konan
01-04-2016, 07:52
I just hate being the bearer of bad news. :(

As i read somewhere on the forum: if you don't have anything positive to say,don't say it. :p

cluck
01-04-2016, 07:55
What annoys me the most is not that pCARS2 has been cancelled, it is the manner in which it has been cancelled.

Why haven't SMS contacted me by e-mail?
Why leave it to a standard forum member to break the news? Surely news of this magnitude should have been handled by somebody with more, dare I say it, gravitas and standing on the forum. Somebody like me.
Why is the pCARS2 forum still open, when the project has been cancelled?
Where is the official comment from SMS? It's been at least 10 minutes since the news broke and there's still no word from the devs.

If this is the way they're going to treat pCARS2 backers then I will never buy another one of the games again. It is utterly disgusting that I get treated this way after all the time (and money, don't forget) I have spent. I bought a new house just to play pCARS and now this is how you reward my loyalty, by spitting in my face on today of all days.

You should be ashamed of yourself Ian Bell :mad:

Invincible
01-04-2016, 07:58
What annoys me the most is not that pCARS2 has been cancelled, it is the manner in which it has been cancelled.

Why haven't SMS contacted me by e-mail?
Why leave it to a standard forum member to break the news?
Why is the pCARS2 forum still open, when the project has been cancelled?
Where is the official comment from SMS? It's been at least 10 minutes since the news broke and there's still no word from the devs.

If this is the way they're going to treat pCARS2 backers then I will never buy another one of the games again. It is utterly disgusting that I get treated this way after all the time (and money, don't forget) I have spent. I bought a new house just to play pCARS and now this is how you reward my loyalty, by spitting in my face on today of all days.

You should be ashamed of yourself Ian Bell :mad:

This!:mad:

Also, when can I finally pick up your first born? You owe me that!!

danowat
01-04-2016, 08:00
Checks date :rolleyes:

Konan
01-04-2016, 08:01
I think it's about time SMS changed direction totally....just off the top of my head: maybe start a community based game,where the community has a say in the development?
Or is that too crazy?

cluck
01-04-2016, 08:02
Oh boy, this has erupted on the forgeddit.com forum. These are just some of the things I've been reading since the news broke :

F**k you SMS

I f**king knew it. SMS are a shower

That's it, I'm burning my copy of pCARS and will stick it on YouTube. SMS will never see a penny from me again

Are you f***ing kidding me? I bought 4 x Platinum memberships. Am I going to get my money back or what? Give me an answer in 5 seconds or you'll hear from my lawyers

Sad times :(

Sergi01978
01-04-2016, 08:04
And I heard that the new game will only feature Oval tracks.

I hope they include a demolition derby event, as it is missing from the 1st version......

Konan
01-04-2016, 08:05
Oh boy, this has erupted on the forgeddit.com forum. These are just some of the things I've been reading since the news broke :

Sad times :(

Well...reading that i think a community based game would be a bad idea...DON'T DO IT SMS! Lol

gregc
01-04-2016, 08:10
I bought a new house just to play pCARS

:highly_amused: :highly_amused:

Invincible
01-04-2016, 08:11

Oh my god! How can they!! I hate you SMS!! You ruined my life! I invested soo many moneyz in your game - now I am officially bankrupt thanks to you! :mad::mad:

Konan
01-04-2016, 08:12
http://www.kippenhokken.be/kippenhokken/kippenhok-cottage-deluxe-2.jpg

Konan
01-04-2016, 08:47
And I heard that the new game will only feature Oval tracks.

I hope they include a demolition derby event, as it is missing from the 1st version......

Just play online...all the demolition you want...lol

Coanda
01-04-2016, 08:58
There shouldn't even be pCars 2. Finish what you started.. pCars!

Diamond_Eyes
01-04-2016, 08:59
Minion drops his mic....

Konan
01-04-2016, 09:10
There shouldn't even be pCars 2. Finish what you started.. pCars!

You joker you...

Enkidu
01-04-2016, 09:11
You forgot to mention that pCARS 3 will be Wii U-exclusive and all cars will be able to drop banana peels.

Konan
01-04-2016, 09:13
You forgot to mention that pCARS 3 will be Wii U-exclusive and all cars will be able to drop banana peels.

Except the one from Cluck...that one will keep on dropping eggs :cool:

Sankyo
01-04-2016, 09:29
Well pC2 hasn't exactly been cancelled but it's been known for a while that pC2 won't hit retail, i.e. the next pCARS version hitting the shops will be pC3 and pC2 is an internal development version. I believe that does have consequences for the release date, and also for the pC1 DLC plan.

Bruno Alexandre
01-04-2016, 09:30
We're in the Bahamas at the moment enjoying the sun :| (i wish)

Th3Pr0ph3cy
01-04-2016, 09:33
on April 1st i don't believe anything...

Konan
01-04-2016, 09:35
Well pC2 hasn't exactly been cancelled but it's been known for a while that pC2 won't hit retail, i.e. the next pCARS version hitting the shops will be pC3 and pC2 is an internal development version. I believe that does have consequences for the release date, and also for the pC1 DLC plan.

Now you're just being mean....:mad:

Mascot
01-04-2016, 09:38
April Fool threads are dangerous things in these times of scan reading and fingertip social media with instant world-wide distribution....

cluck
01-04-2016, 09:41
April Fool threads are dangerous things in these times of stupidityYep :yes:.

That's always been the point of them though, to fool those that don't research and just regurgitate everything they see the moment they see it.

balderz002
01-04-2016, 09:58
We're in the Bahamas at the moment enjoying the sun :| (i wish)

I hope your Club Tropicana drinks are free, whilst I hope your never gonna dance again, cos guilty feet aint got no rhythm!

(I had to get a couple of Wham quotes in there!)

OH! And what about the league I run with my AI friends?!?! The classes arent BoP'd, the replays dont work, I bought this game, just for ovals, omg, lulz you guys are total amateurs, get it right like OUTRUN, call yourselves a sim?! I'm never gonna buy your products ever ever ever again! Whens the next DLC, I like NEED more DLC. If you dont give me more DLC I'm gonna go and never come back to the forum again! Ever!

See, Ive gone.

Not coming back.

Whens the next PCars out? I might buy it.

RacingAtHome
01-04-2016, 13:13
I would like to personally announce that as the new Studio Legend. (That's what the new job title is now.) I have decided to sack all employees and you will all work on my game for free which is PCARS4 as both 2 and 3 have been scrapped. To take part, you must pay Ģ4000 to my offshore Nigerian Prince and he will repay you with Ģ40000. If you don't wish to and you have decided to take part in development of a previous game, we will hunt you down and burn your house down.

Please private message me with your postcode, whether you're a virgin or not and if you have donated to a Nigerian Prince before.

Umer Ahmad
01-04-2016, 13:31
Title edited to catch more fish!

hkraft300
01-04-2016, 13:36
So does this mean we get more dlc for pcars 1?

Haiden
01-04-2016, 13:43
I knew it, it was all a big con. Well thanks for nothing SMS :mad:

(obvious April Fool's joke is obvious)

There should only be one Wookie in this forum. Just saying. :)

Konan
01-04-2016, 13:46
Title edited to catch more fish!

You sneaky bugger!....lol

Bealdor
01-04-2016, 14:14
Moved to News & Announcements

j/k

havocc
01-04-2016, 15:02
Will there be Lambos and ferrari in Pcars3? What about animated pit crews?

cluck
01-04-2016, 15:06
Will there be Lambos and ferrari in Pcars3? What about animated pit crews?Mods, infraction please - impersonating other users.

Schnizz58
01-04-2016, 15:09
There should only be one Wookie in this forum. Just saying. :)
Wookies are sort of like wives. Zero is not enough and one is too many.

Anyway, I'm very excited by this news. It means that SMS can focus their efforts on fixing PCars1. :p

casscroute
01-04-2016, 15:10
april fools day obviously

I hope it's an april fool

Grijo
01-04-2016, 15:43
I read that Project Cars 2 was cancelled because Cluck refused a bowl of Coleslaw offered by Ian Bell. Itīs true?

cluck
01-04-2016, 15:48
I read that Project Cars 2 was cancelled because Cluck refused a bowl of Coleslaw offered by Ian Bell. Itīs true?Well, I offered it to him. It's up to him to let you know what happened.

gotdirt410sprintcar
01-04-2016, 15:58
This is all TRUE they will be taking there talents too the next great racing game WORLD OF OUTLAWS SPRINTCARS LATEMODELS, E MODS streetstocks dirt trucks. They have teamed up with big ant studios in a joint effort too make something special click HERE for more info.

LogRoad
01-04-2016, 16:15
I dunno; the OP was posted here at 36 minutes before midnight on 31 March. No joke, eh?

Invincible
01-04-2016, 16:20
I read that Project Cars 2 was cancelled because Cluck refused a bowl of Coleslaw offered by Ian Bell. Itīs true?

Sooo, you're saying that Cluck (who is Ian) refused a bowl of coleslaw offered by Ian (who is cluck)?

Grijo
01-04-2016, 16:25
Sooo, you're saying that Cluck (who is Ian) refused a bowl of coleslaw offered by Ian (who is cluck)?

Itīs hard to accept but I have to tell you the truth: everyone here are Cluck, Cluck is Ian Bell and Ian Bell is, in fact, John Malkovich!

Invincible
01-04-2016, 16:28
Itīs hard to accept but I have to tell you the truth: everyone here are Cluck, Cluck is Ian Bell and Ian Bell is, in fact, John Malkovich!

I'm neither cluck nor Ian...

...I'm Batman.

Grijo
01-04-2016, 16:35

...I'm Batman.

Schnizz58
01-04-2016, 16:41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPRscxQZs8E

Bealdor
01-04-2016, 16:49

...I'm Batman.

FS7
01-04-2016, 16:51
This talk about PCars2 being canceled is false, here's the actual post from the "official" website:

"Project CARS 2 to be released in Q4 2016!!!!!

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/project-cars-2-coming-this-fall

SMS has confirmed today on the official website that Project CARS 2 will be released later this year. Project CARS 2 is shaping up to be the most realistic racing game ever made.

-SMS took inspiration in highly successful racing developers PD & Turn10 and will count each livery of the same car as different cars, meaning Project CARS 2 will have thousands of cars. Also, wet versions of the same track will count as different tracks therefore doubling the track count. All tracks will be laser-scanned, even the puddles and grid girls will be laser-scanned for better accuracy. There will also be a special new track in tube format that's exclusive to F1 cars where if players go fast enough they'll generate enough downforce to drive the car upside-down.
-SMS will also increase the number of game modes by counting solo lap races and solo timed races as different game modes, and solo multiclass races will be counted as a separate game mode. There were rumors about a car wash game mode where players pay real money to watch naked girls wash their cars but those rumors have been denied by SMS boss Ian Bell.
-Project CARS 2 will feature all racing disciplines from the first game plus new disciplines such as rally, hillclimb, drag racing, illegal street racing, fleeing from the police, catch-the rabbit, and the all new "Takedown Ian Bell" mode where players unsatisfied with the game attempt to catch and takedown Ian Bell's car while avoiding WMD member's cars and other track hazards.
-Project CARS 2 will feature co-op play, which includes co-driver mode in rallies and expert co-driver mode where the player attempts to complete a race while having his wife/girlfriend on the passenger seat complaining about his driving.
-in order to increase realism Project CARS 2 will let players talk back to their engineer, players will be able to use real phrases used by real drivers, such as Fernando Alonso's whining when he isn't winning, and F1 fan favorite Kimi Raikkonen's most famous catch-phrases.
-Project CARS 2 will feature realistic pitstops. Pitstops will be so realistic that if the mechanic accidentally spills fuel the player's console will catch on fire.
-all bugs were removed from the game, instead SMS added realistic features such as kangaroos at Bathurst, dogs at Istanbul, rabbits at Bristol, deers at Nurburgring, as well as cows, lions and other track hazards in the rally stages. There are rumors about bugs on the windshield on hot summer days being an unlockable feature but SMS has denied all rumors.
-as a response to players who complained that "driving road cars in Project CARS feels like driving on ice" SMS will include ice racing in Project CARS 2.
-all cars and tracks from the first game will be included in Project Cars 2, including all DLC content.
-players who still have their Project CARS copy and bought all Project CARS's DLC prior to Project CARS 2's release and didn't rant in the official forums will be rewarded for their loyalty by receiving all Project CARS 2 DLC for free.
-hundreds of road cars will be available on disc (each color will be counted as a different car), including all the clones found in GT6 & FM6.
-all cars and tracks will be available from the start in solo mode. Also, there will be an option for players to delete all cars and start from scratch and grind in-game money and earn the cars like they do in GT/FM so that they'll get a sense of reward and accomplishment. Players who use this option will be recognized online by having a gold star next to their gamertag.
-players who crash into other cars online will have a hazardous symbol next to their gamertag and will be charged fines each time they hit somebody."

Grijo
01-04-2016, 17:02
This talk about PCars2 being canceled is false, here's the actual post from the "official" website:

"Project CARS 2 to be released in Q4 2016!!!!!

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/project-cars-2-coming-this-fall

SMS has confirmed today on the official website that Project CARS 2 will be released later this year. Project CARS 2 is shaping up to be the most realistic racing game ever made.

-SMS took inspiration in highly successful racing developers PD & Turn10 and will count each livery of the same car as different cars, meaning Project CARS 2 will have thousands of cars. Also, wet versions of the same track will count as different tracks therefore doubling the track count. All tracks will be laser-scanned, even the puddles and grid girls will be laser-scanned for better accuracy. There will also be a special new track in tube format that's exclusive to F1 cars where if players go fast enough they'll generate enough downforce to drive the car upside-down.
-SMS will also increase the number of game modes by counting solo lap races and solo timed races as different game modes, and solo multiclass races will be counted as a separate game mode. There were rumors about a car wash game mode where players pay real money to watch naked girls wash their cars but those rumors have been denied by SMS boss Ian Bell.
-Project CARS 2 will feature all racing disciplines from the first game plus new disciplines such as rally, hillclimb, drag racing, illegal street racing, fleeing from the police, catch-the rabbit, and the all new "Takedown Ian Bell" mode where players unsatisfied with the game attempt to catch and takedown Ian Bell's car while avoiding WMD member's cars and other track hazards.
-Project CARS 2 will feature co-op play, which includes co-driver mode in rallies and expert co-driver mode where the player attempts to complete a race while having his wife/girlfriend on the passenger seat complaining about his driving.
-in order to increase realism Project CARS 2 will let players talk back to their engineer, players will be able to use real phrases used by real drivers, such as Fernando Alonso's whining when he isn't winning, and F1 fan favorite Kimi Raikkonen's most famous catch-phrases.
-Project CARS 2 will feature realistic pitstops. Pitstops will be so realistic that if the mechanic accidentally spills fuel the player's console will catch on fire.
-all bugs were removed from the game, instead SMS added realistic features such as kangaroos at Bathurst, dogs at Istanbul, rabbits at Bristol, deers at Nurburgring, as well as cows, lions and other track hazards in the rally stages. There are rumors about bugs on the windshield on hot summer days being an unlockable feature but SMS has denied all rumors.
-as a response to players who complained that "driving road cars in Project CARS feels like driving on ice" SMS will include ice racing in Project CARS 2.
-all cars and tracks from the first game will be included in Project Cars 2, including all DLC content.
-players who still have their Project CARS copy and bought all Project CARS's DLC prior to Project CARS 2's release and didn't rant in the official forums will be rewarded for their loyalty by receiving all Project CARS 2 DLC for free.
-hundreds of road cars will be available on disc (each color will be counted as a different car), including all the clones found in GT6 & FM6.
-all cars and tracks will be available from the start in solo mode. Also, there will be an option for players to delete all cars and start from scratch and grind in-game money and earn the cars like they do in GT/FM so that they'll get a sense of reward and accomplishment. Players who use this option will be recognized online by having a gold star next to their gamertag.
-players who crash into other cars online will have a hazardous symbol next to their gamertag and will be charged fines each time they hit somebody."

Cīmon man, Iīm at work!! I started to laugh out loud and everyone in my sector looking at me with that face like "I think this guy became crazy or something"

beetes_juice
01-04-2016, 17:07

TBH, not a bad idea.

Schnizz58
01-04-2016, 17:23
*golf clap*

macmac__
01-04-2016, 18:05

--Snip--

"There is a truth behind every lie" :cool:

bporion
01-04-2016, 23:59
C'mon guys its April idiots day !!! Right ? :-)

Spitfire_88
02-04-2016, 05:05