PDA

View Full Version : [UDP] PCarsTT - Live timing Android app

Roosta71
01-04-2016, 09:32
PCarsTT is a little Android app that I developed for myself to enhance the single player experience. I thought someone else might find it useful too. It works in offline and online game modes, shows your lap times and sectors, and stores your best times in a database. I have only been able to test it on my PS4, so it would be interesting to get feedback from PC and XBox users. :)

You can download it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.palebluedot.pcarstimetrial

RomKnight
01-04-2016, 10:27
I read someone asking for it a couple of days ago and now, here it is. :)
GREAT

/edit
Does it work in race mode like a live timing in a real race? I'm asking because I didn't install it yet. And if not, will it do that?

Roosta71
01-04-2016, 14:07
I read someone asking for it a couple of days ago and now, here it is. :)
GREAT

/edit
Does it work in race mode like a live timing in a real race? I'm asking because I didn't install it yet. And if not, will it do that?

Hi Tiago, thanks for your reply. For the moment it works in all modes (race included), but it shows only your lap times, and the lap time for the fastest driver in the session. I wanted to develop a simple app that would save my lap times to get rid of the pen and paper. But I had a lot of fun doing it, so I am planning to keep updating it with more functionality, including full live timing for all players. :)

RomKnight
03-04-2016, 21:26
Awesome news.

azidahaka
04-04-2016, 11:00
Cool stuff! Would be Perfect For my needs if it recorded other drivers and positions too, but might be of use when training!

RomKnight
04-04-2016, 12:43
recording I don't know... It runs on an tablet phone and I'm unsure about space usage :)

azidahaka
04-04-2016, 14:56
I think that recording textual data is taking so little space i can't even speak... Probably a couple MBs for a 16 drivers for a 1h race? Text can be compressed on the fly heavily.

The point is if it is possible to do that with the udp stream datas or not i guess

RomKnight
04-04-2016, 16:36
a simple "photo button" (to take the screenie at the end of the race with best laps and positions of every driver) would be enough for me :) Ok, lets add the lap where that best lap was done too - no pressure :P

but yeah, if a log file of text can be in there and parsed (don't forget the option to remove older files like one day old or so... ) after removing them from the fone, that would be even better.

licorne06
06-04-2016, 13:56
Hello, help to make it work on pc tune with android tablet

rotcock
25-04-2016, 10:01
Very nice addition. Thanks a lot.

spacey
14-05-2016, 16:28
Has anyone got this working on a PC ?

rosko
14-05-2016, 19:31
No. Unfortunate as its just what i need.

rotcock
30-05-2016, 10:23
Hi guys,

I love this little app.
I've literally cracked my android tablet and I'm affraid I've lost all my records. It still works when I connect it to my laptop but the screen is lost.
I did backup the database recently so I hope to recovers this. Can somebody tell me where the backup file of the records is saved so I can put it in the right place in my new tablet.
I cannot find it.

Thanks

Edit: Problem solved!!

BreadedVirus
02-06-2016, 02:40
Fantastic little app.

Zalex
04-06-2016, 20:09
Hey Roosta71,

asked you by mail previously but in case it got lst in the pile... ;)

1. Can you make the app "auto rotate" in case that like me we mount the tablet upside down because of hardware convenience ?

2. Please dont lock the UDP port for your app as it's input only anyway, so we still can have Crew Chief runing in background or other project cars apps.
For example i usually run pCars Dash and Crew Chief at once on my Android tablet, would be great if your app was also runing in background to grab best laps and show it to me when i need it later.

PS, see the pic about what happend to your app on my rig. lol
(note that center holder is for Hud app on iPad, that i got to use for taking this pic. hehehe)

kane2_be
10-06-2016, 15:42
great app.
is there a way to export the data?

Stoerdienst81
05-06-2017, 15:11
Hello,

thank you for this app. With my devices and Xbox One i can't get any Information. With other UDP Apps (Sim Dashboard and HUD Dash) i get the Data to the phones.
I checked with the following devices.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Android 4.0.1
Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 5.0.1
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Android 7.0
Samsung Galaxy S8 Android 7.0

Maybe you have some hints to get your app working.

Thank you in advance