PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Stand Pro

Lethal 556
01-04-2016, 11:22
Would those of you who have a wheel stand pro recommend it? Really wAnt to get a playseat but can't quite afford it right at the moment and I need something better than my janky desk to mount my T300 and thought maybe a wheel stand pro could fill in temporarily. Is it a solid build or does it have a lot of wobble and shakiness to it?

AirFlight101
01-04-2016, 12:16
I own mine since last week and hadn't much time to use it very often. BUT, IMO it is worth every penny. I don't want to buy i seat because i don't have enough room. The wheelstand is very solid and you can easily fold and store it in 3 minutes. It is basically clever designed and has a good quality. I'm using it with a T150.

Lethal 556
01-04-2016, 12:30
I own mine since last week and hadn't much time to use it very often. BUT, IMO it is worth every penny. I don't want to buy i seat because i don't have enough room. The wheelstand is very solid and you can easily fold and store it in 3 minutes. It is basically clever designed and has a good quality. I'm using it with a T150.

Thank you sir!

Pcars
01-04-2016, 12:59
Would those of you who have a wheel stand pro recommend it? Really wAnt to get a playseat but can't quite afford it right at the moment and I need something better than my janky desk to mount my T300 and thought maybe a wheel stand pro could fill in temporarily. Is it a solid build or does it have a lot of wobble and shakiness to it?

Had mine for 4 months and it is brilliant, would like a playseat Alcantara or such like but no room to store it.

Jweaver
01-04-2016, 13:12
In a word yes.. Some years ago I bought a G25 and tried several options of mounting it.. But in the end, I bit the bullet and bought a WSP and its by far the best solution that I tried.. Very stable and folds to a fairly small footprint.

I stopped using my G25 and eventually sold it and the stand as I needed the space and I vowed not to buy another.

But this weekend, they were selling G29s in the UK for 99, so I decided to get one, mainly for the PS VR (Assuming taht PC actually supports it).. I decided not to bother with a stand, and opted for a coffee table..

However, after a few hours of frustration (Table moving, and pedals slipping) I decided to buy another WSP.

I am told that the new "Deluxe V2" version is better than the original I had in 2009, so I am hopeful that it will be even better.. It arrived today so I will get it setup at the weekend.

Its not cheap, but its the only way that you will ever get the best out of your wheel.. So if you can afford it.. Do it.. You won't regret it..

PS.. One thing I would say is don't leave it in the same spot too long.. I had mine folded up in the same spot for months and the rubber feet/tubes have permenantly marked the carpet.. So if you are like me and only use it occasionally, put something under the feet!

Emilio
01-04-2016, 13:23
I have had mine for over a year and it is well worth the money. I use it with a Thrustmaster T300RS. You can adjust it in many was, up, down, tilt it towords or away from you, the base plate it attaches to can be tilted also. here are some pics of my setup. The stand is not attached to the seat so you an tuck both away easily. I got my seat at a scrap yard and built the wooden base myself and I am no Bob Villa....lol230805230806

sbtm
01-04-2016, 13:25
Have mine for 10 months now. Everything fine! Today they shipped the rsg upgrade to mount the th8a shifter properly. Should be here next week.
Unless you really have no place for a playseat go with the wheelstand.
My next purchase will be a playseat with an extra monitor. Atm I'm sitting in front of the TV.

AbeWoz
01-04-2016, 13:33
glad to see some feedback. About to make the jump from console to PC (wishing the GOTY edition would be out sooner since my PC build is done) and my current mounting system is not ideal for my computer setup. So i might have to bite the bullet for the WSP.

Lethal 556
01-04-2016, 13:34
Thanks for all the input guys, just placed my amazon order for a WSP V2 and gonna check around my local auto scrap yards for a nice seat and try something like Emilio has posted above.

Lethal 556
01-04-2016, 13:39
Also gonna look into getting a buttkicker for my seat!

Emilio
01-04-2016, 13:45
Thanks for all the input guys, just placed my amazon order for a WSP V2 and gonna check around my local auto scrap yards for a nice seat and try something like Emilio has posted above.

I have the WSP V2 it is very solid and has a nice weight to it. It already comes assembled all you have to do it attach you're wheel and your good to go. You wll not be disappointed.

Haiden
01-04-2016, 13:49

You won't regret it. :)

PureMalt77
01-04-2016, 16:08
I had a wheel stand pro, is not bad, but for a foldable rig, consider the Playseat Challenge. I don't regret changing it!

GUTTER-BOY
02-04-2016, 06:14
https://www.afwonline.com/furniture/living-room/chairs-ottomans/fabric-chairs/black-and-white-swivel-chair-w--otto-1c-7001-2pc I use a Wheelstand
pro with this chair. Easy to move, comfortable, affordable and looks good too. It can lock into any reclined position you want, it swivels 360 degrees so it's easy to get in or out from behind your steering wheel, and since it's a on a base (not wheeled like an office chair), you don't slide away from the pedals while using them. A nice feature is the height adjustment, that way I'm not looking up or down at my tv, so I can make it the perfect height. With the center pole, you can add a Buttkicker gamer to it.

Like PureMalt said, the Playseat Challenge is a good option as well.

Emilio
02-04-2016, 14:32
Ok, so I guess I'm a little slow...lol...but what is a buttkicker?

GUTTER-BOY
02-04-2016, 16:15
It's a brand of tactile transducers. http://www.buttkickergear.com/ButtKicker_Gamer2_p/bk-gr.htm

Basically it adds the 4th Dimension (feeling) to games or movies. Rev the motor or hit a wall, and it causes you to feel it through your butt. Sounds stupid, but it really works.

I use these Aura Pros in my home theater - 2 per seat- and they really make movies come alive. http://www.parts-express.com/aurasound-ast-2b-4-pro-bass-shaker-tactile-transducer--299-028

sigurd
03-04-2016, 00:33
Love mine, if you decide to add a seat it still works well and keeps it a two piece setup.

http://i.imgur.com/Us3PsaT.jpg

hkraft300
03-04-2016, 01:24
I'm seriously considering the WSP too instead of building my own.
Question: I'm considering mounting the seat lower to the floor. Will the pedals work just as well, or does the pedal base tilt up to match?

sigurd
03-04-2016, 02:31
I'm seriously considering the WSP too instead of building my own.
Question: I'm considering mounting the seat lower to the floor. Will the pedals work just as well, or does the pedal base tilt up to match?

I think lower would be fine. Mine is 9inches off the ground. I have since put something under the back of the WSP to tilt the pedals some and I like that better. I would think a little lower would still give good geometry maybe even better depending on what you like.

hkraft300
03-04-2016, 05:00
Judging by your pic sigurd, my TV will sit about the same height. I want to maybe have my arse lower than yours. Build a frame like you have there for the chair but only a 2-3 inches tall.

gotdirt410sprintcar
03-04-2016, 06:53
I just use a fold up chair then I cut about four inches off so im right with the wheel not over top off it. and it helps me be more stretched out with my legs better pedal control. I will check that out gutter boy you can put a butt kicker on that for sure thanks

hkraft300
03-04-2016, 07:08
Not a bad idea. I have a fold up beach chair I can use that's pretty low! Doubt Mrs will let me leave a car seat laying about - doesn't match the decor :p

steve1977
03-04-2016, 17:29
With the Wheel stand pro, is it height adjustable where the steering wheel sits? I don't have enough room for a dedicated chair sadly and the perfect height for me would be 18"-19" - would it be adjustable for this height?

Also is it fairly foldable so it can be put behind a settee etc?

gotdirt410sprintcar
03-04-2016, 19:28
With the Wheel stand pro, is it height adjustable where the steering wheel sits? I don't have enough room for a dedicated chair sadly and the perfect height for me would be 18"-19" - would it be adjustable for this height?

Also is it fairly foldable so it can be put behind a settee etc?
Yes to all your questions and you can get a chair cut it down to your liking. I try to sit like you would in a rig when i have a half turn on my wheel my hands are at my chin i like to go lower but the chair is about at the limit now. and make sure your legs are streched out enough so when u push the pedals its all done with your ankles for the most part gives you better throttle /brake control .

Lethal 556
06-04-2016, 12:37
So I received my wheel stand pro v2 couple days ago and have had a couple of days go with it and if I had to use only one word to describe my opinion on it "Outstanding!" very simplistic, sleek and sturdy design. Although I did take the shifter mounting bracket and put it in a vice and put a nice offset bend into it to give my th8a shifter a little better more realistic placement instead of being right next to the wheel. Very pleased with my purchase!

AbeWoz
06-04-2016, 12:39
So I received my wheel stand pro v2 couple days ago and have had a couple of days go with it and if I had to use only one word to describe my opinion on it "Outstanding!" very simplistic, sleek and sturdy design. Although I did take the shifter mounting bracket and put it in a vice and put a nice offset bend into it to give my th8a shifter a little better more realistic placement instead of being right next to the wheel. Very pleased with my purchase!

mine arrives on Friday. Excitement is building from reading all this stellar feedback

Lethal 556
06-04-2016, 12:53
mine arrives on Friday. Excitement is building from reading all this stellar feedback

Obviously it's not a racing rig but for what it is and for the low cost I think you will be thoroghly pleased!

Lethal 556
08-04-2016, 14:05
So after some more time on my new wheel stand pro the best thing I have found with it is the fact that now I get the same FFB vibration in my pedals as I do on the wheel since the pedals are now mounted on the same platform as the wheel whereas before I got wheel stand pro my pedals just sat on the floor so you don't get the FFB vibration from the wheel since the wheel was connected to a desk. Loving the WSP!

AbeWoz
08-04-2016, 14:07
mine comes today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: just delivered, but im stuck at work for another 5 hours.

ralphy0502
09-04-2016, 17:51
The wheel stand pro is brilliant. I have had it for about 2 years now. Ive used it woth the DFGT, G27 and now the T300 with T3PA Pro.
Its solid, fully adjustable and if you need any additional brackets just send them an email!

The stand is about 90 which is quite a bit but its worth every penny.

dangerousdriver
11-04-2016, 21:14

I have a T300 with a Wheel Stand Pro, here is my opinion.

The Good: Very well built, easy to build, great customer services.

The Bad: Sometimes I find it rocks from side to side slightly when you are reacting to a snap oversteer. I'm personally finding it difficult as my chair moves away from the stand sometimes, so I'm now selling the Wheel Stand but if budget is an issue then it's a great solution. I don't find the middle bar an issue as I only use a two pedal setup.

Haiden
11-04-2016, 21:21
I have a T300 with a Wheel Stand Pro, here is my opinion.

The Good: Very well built, easy to build, great customer services.

The Bad: Sometimes I find it rocks from side to side slightly when you are reacting to a snap oversteer. I'm personally finding it difficult as my chair moves away from the stand sometimes, so I'm now selling the Wheel Stand but if budget is an issue then it's a great solution. I don't find the middle bar an issue as I only use a two pedal setup.

I also experienced this. I solved the problem by putting non-slip pads under the chair and putting the wheel stand on a non-slip mat. After that it was fine.

Bluemoonie
20-04-2016, 18:54

I've had no issues at all with my wheel stand pro I first bought it for my logitech dfgt wheel and since the ps4 wasn't supporting it i bought t300 to the same wheel stand pro and fit perfect
Since then you can see I've added a few more items t3pa peddles,th8a H shifter, button box and phone holder (home made brackets) my stand is solid, zero wobble and adapts to any seating position ideal for someone who likes to tidy their equipment away
Hope this helps
Bluemoonie

Schnizz58
20-04-2016, 20:36
I'm personally finding it difficult as my chair moves away from the stand sometimes

I also experienced this. I solved the problem by putting non-slip pads under the chair and putting the wheel stand on a non-slip mat. After that it was fine.
I'll have to try that. I had the same problem (hardwood floors) but I blocked my couch from sliding backwards. Now I have the opposite problem with the wheel stand sliding forward under heavy braking.

AbeWoz
20-04-2016, 23:18
I'll have to try that. I had the same problem (hardwood floors) but I blocked my couch from sliding backwards. Now I have the opposite problem with the wheel stand sliding forward under heavy braking.

i have a problem with my chair moving back considering i play with a rolling office chair. It only happens under heavy braking since my wheel stand cannot move forwards due to furniture.

phos4us
21-04-2016, 03:43
I quickly replaced my Wheel Stand Pro with a Playseat Challenge. The WSP was just too unstable. The Playseat Challenge is about 50% more in cost, but it has proven worth it.

amazed
21-04-2016, 05:01
I have a T100 on a WSP and I'm thinking of upgrading to the T150. Anyone know if they will fit on the same stand?

gotdirt410sprintcar
21-04-2016, 05:05
It should I have a v2 stand that I bought for g27 and my t500 fits fine

Crisis Nine
21-04-2016, 12:27
I have a T100 on a WSP and I'm thinking of upgrading to the T150. Anyone know if they will fit on the same stand?

I have my T150 on the T100 stand. It fits fine. I even asked WSP before buying it if it would be ok and they said yes.

Reason being I prefer the T100 stand in red and the T150 stand only comes in black. Also, I dont plan on getting the upgraded pedals or shifter so I didn't want to pay the extra for the T150 stand and get no benefit.

Can't hard mount the T150 wheel though as there are no holes on the wheel. Clamp only.

amazed
21-04-2016, 14:21
I was concerned about the holes not being right, I'd forgotten about the clamp fitting....

Crisis Nine
22-04-2016, 08:44
I was concerned about the holes not being right, I'd forgotten about the clamp fitting....

There are no threaded holes on the T150 wheel so you can't hard mount it anyway, even on the T150 stand. It's clamp only I'm afraid.

hkraft300
22-04-2016, 16:55
2 questions.
1: are the clamps a worthy alternative to bolts?
2: is it such a bother having a wheel mounting pole between the legs as opposed to going around the legs? Planning a custom rig in steel here hence the questions.

Schnizz58
22-04-2016, 17:04
1. Bolts would be better but the clamp isn't bad.
2. It doesn't bother me at all.

AbeWoz
22-04-2016, 17:05
2 questions.
1: are the clamps a worthy alternative to bolts?
2: is it such a bother having a wheel mounting pole between the legs as opposed to going around the legs? Planning a custom rig in steel here hence the questions.

Can't answer 1, but 2, I don't even notice while using. my seat is not attached to the WSP, but if it was, getting in and out might be a pain in the arse. If you plan on building a rig, you might want to look at an alternative that has the support bar on the back and not the front. But the WSP as a space-saving, no-rig solution.

Or if you build a rig with a movable seat, like a car seat on the adjustment rails, then Im sure it will work just fine.

hkraft300
22-04-2016, 17:19
Thank you gentlemen.
Ye the car seat + rails is the plan. Height-adjustable bar in the middle. Support trailing towards pedals. Couple of castors.
Angled plates welded on the frame to mount the wheel base and pedals. Will depend on the seat I grab for it.
Just spotted some new drill presses at work so drilling holes won't be much a bother anyway, if necessary.