PDA

View Full Version : The Lost Track (not April Fools Joke)

Jason Ganz
01-04-2016, 15:21
Dear SMS,

During development we had old spa (which for those of you who didn't test want to know, was pretty much flat out 99% of the time). Is there any plan to finish old spa and let it see the light of day? And what about Solitude?

Jason.

Schnizz58
01-04-2016, 15:24
I think this came up in the Ian Bell Q&A session and the answer was not for Pcars1 but yes for Pcars2.

crowtrobot
01-04-2016, 15:24
Not coming, per this post: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43313-Questions-and-answers-in-here&p=1198708&viewfull=1#post1198708

Jason Ganz
01-04-2016, 15:31
Too bad :(

Old Spa was such an insanely fun track :(.

Schnizz58
01-04-2016, 15:35
Yeah, I was really looking forward to it. Dying to find out why the Masta Kink is so fearsome.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
03-04-2016, 00:03
Dying to find out why the Masta Kink is so fearsome.Mainly due to the tyres of the day. It's not really scary with modern cars but back when you had very little grip but had to keep a really high pace through there you would end up throwing your car through there in a left-right combination slide, which is scary. These days you just turn left and turn right and that's that.

Spitfire_88
03-04-2016, 14:58
My question is, what happen to Mugello and Daytona RC?:rolleyes:

cluck
03-04-2016, 15:33
My question is, what happen to Mugello and Daytona RC?:rolleyes:Mugello was pulled before release as licensing the track wasn't possible at the time (no idea where things stand on it now either). Daytona went the same way as all the other ovals that were in development. And you can add Suzuka to the list aswell. Licensing, AI problems, time constraints, whatever the reasons, those tracks didn't ever make it to pCARS1.

Shogun613
03-04-2016, 16:00
Classic Le Mans would be another fun circuit to race on, with the Mulsanne straight sans chicanes, the hay bales and sand mounds on the sides, thick crowds right up along the side of the track, that would be beautiful...

FS7
03-04-2016, 17:25
Daytona went the same way as all the other ovals that were in development.
I've heard explanations about ovals but nobody ever explained why Daytona/Indy road courses had to be canceled.

Schnizz58
03-04-2016, 19:10
Mainly due to the tyres of the day. It's not really scary with modern cars but back when you had very little grip but had to keep a really high pace through there you would end up throwing your car through there in a left-right combination slide, which is scary. These days you just turn left and turn right and that's that.
I know this intellectually but I want to know it with my gut.

cornishbrooksy
03-04-2016, 19:31
Its a shame we lost those courses, but anything we say can only be speculation...as always SMS cannot comment on licensing speculation as much as they probably want to tell us.

Even within the confines of WMD they still would not discuss this, so even WMD members are in the dark as much as most people.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
03-04-2016, 19:31
Yeah. And admittedly the fact that you're doing that maneuver through a fairly narrow country road with fences lining it and going between houses when you do it does add to the experience. There are NO safety zones whatsoever there. =)

Plato99
03-04-2016, 20:07
Main reason I bought the game, after seeing the pre-release hype and videos of old Spa.
Lesson learned!

APR193
04-04-2016, 15:34
I've heard explanations about ovals but nobody ever explained why Daytona/Indy road courses had to be canceled.

Daytona uses almost all of the oval for its road course so I would imagine the same problems were coming up, and maybe the same for Indy although its probably Indy didn't want the road course and not the oval. That last point may go for both of them to be honest.