PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS - PC Patch 10.1 - Oculus Rift VR support on the Steam platform

Pages : 1 [2]

TrevorAustin
24-05-2016, 18:57
Just to be clear, if you are running the 10.1 or 11 patched version of Project CARS then you will need the 1.3 (or later) runtime for Oculus Rift. Earlier versions will not work. If you are running an older patch version, which you really shouldn't be, then the 0.8 runtime should work perfectly.

Again, is there any valid reason as to why you have not updated to the latest version of Project CARS? And to be absolutely clear, are you running a legitimately purchased copy?

There aren't any later versions available in BitTorrent

Schadows
24-05-2016, 19:27
Unfortunately, v11 is easily found, but piracy is something that is impossible to stop either way.

ThisUsernameIsValid
24-05-2016, 19:29
There aren't any later versions available in BitTorrent

FYI, that is false :frog: Maybe he is just lazy :eek:

Scott Coffey
24-05-2016, 19:38
I'm having a new crash condition since this patch. If this isn't the right place to report it, pls move.

In an MP race and after qualifying when the countdown timer expires, instead of placing the car on the grid, the game places me back in the pits and the graphics become very choppy. I exit the lobby but I can't exit the game. I attempt to kill the game with task manager, but even then the game is still running in the background (you can hear the audio) so I use Process Explorer to kill it off.

I've had this happen twice since the patch but never saw it before the patch. And I have quite a bit of MP time in. :)

Roger Prynne
24-05-2016, 19:49
There wasn't a 9.1 was there? Only a 9, 10, 10.1, 10.2 and 11 as far as I know.

cluck
24-05-2016, 20:37
...then he disappeared. :smilet-digitalpointFunny that, can't think why :distant:

elec86
01-06-2016, 12:45
I installed the runtime 1.3 for my DK2 with project cars 10.3

oculus is detected when I open project coaches (the led passes in the blue) but nothing ignites in helmet

Or is the problem?

cluck
01-06-2016, 12:56
Again, why aren't you running the latest patch for Project CARS? Steam should have updated you automatically.

crowtrobot
01-06-2016, 13:11
Funny that, can't think why :distant:
It's baffling to me that people will drop $100's on hardware, but won't pay to support the people who give that hardware purpose. Honestly, you've spent anywhere from $500-900, what is another $30 (or even less come sale time)?

Sankyo
01-06-2016, 13:26
It's baffling to me that people will drop $100's on hardware, but won't pay to support the people who give that hardware purpose. Honestly, you've spent anywhere from $500-900, what is another $30 (or even less come sale time)?
Well back in my Commodore 64 days, my hardware had been paid by my parents and games I had to pay for myself (while having no money). So the piracy made sort of sense, also since many games weren't as long-lived as games are now. This attitude seems to have prevailed through the years even though the gaming landscape has changed quite dramatically. But who knows, maybe he didn't pay for the hardware himself ;)

BTW I did buy quite a few games for my C64 even back then :)

cluck
01-06-2016, 13:33
Well back in my Commodore 64 days, my hardware had been paid by my parents and games I had to pay for myself (while having no money). So the piracy made sort of sense, also since many games weren't as long-lived as games are now. This attitude seems to have prevailed through the years even though the gaming landscape has changed quite dramatically. But who knows, maybe he didn't pay for the hardware himself ;)

BTW I did buy quite a few games for my C64 even back then :)I know this is off-topic but that's what happened with myself and 2 friends with Sinclair Spectrums. One would buy a game, one would copy it (on their oh-so-posh tape-to-tape recorder - don't laugh, it was a big thing in the early 80s) so we all ended up with 3 games for the price of 1. I think we did it twice (so we had 6 games) and that was it, I moved onto PC gaming (in glorious 4-colour CGA!) and one of the other guys got a BBC B. Where I guess it differs, these days, is that because most of the games are delivered as a download, some people rationalise it in their heads that "it hasn't cost anything". But piracy is a subject that can rarely be discussed in a civil manner so let's go no further.

(for the record, I have had no illegal software, music or videos in nearly 25 years)

Bealdor
01-06-2016, 13:38
I know this is off-topic but that's what happened with myself and 2 friends with Sinclair Spectrums. One would buy a game, one would copy it (on their oh-so-posh tape-to-tape recorder - don't laugh, it was a big thing in the early 80s) so we all ended up with 3 games for the price of 1. I think we did it twice (so we had 6 games) and that was it, I moved onto PC gaming (in glorious 4-colour CGA!) and one of the other guys got a BBC B...

Jesus! I knew you were old cluck, but I never thought you were THAT old!

:p

Sankyo
01-06-2016, 14:29
Jesus! I knew you were old cluck, but I never thought you were THAT old!

:p

He could have been 10 years old when he did the ZX Spectrum copying, making him only 35 now ;)

RomKnight
01-06-2016, 14:51
I got my 48k in 82 and i'm NOT 35 years old... but feeling like being even younger though :p

Scott Coffey
01-06-2016, 16:30
Old? When I was growing up we had to get up off the couch to change the channel on our black and white TV, then you had to rotate the antenna. There were only two channels, so we didn't have to get up much.

/offtopic :)

cluck
01-06-2016, 18:15
He could have been 10 years old when he did the ZX Spectrum copying, making him only 35 now ;)I wish :sorrow:

Silraed
01-06-2016, 23:55
I feel like a toddler next to some of you guys :rolleyes:.

DevonK
25-06-2016, 04:25
Anyone figured out a launch option so you can bypass the modal window for selection of a VR launch?

Schadows
25-06-2016, 07:56
No, but if you launch the game directly from your Vive, there won't be such a pop up.

Scott Coffey
25-06-2016, 14:56
Anyone figured out a launch option so you can bypass the modal window for selection of a VR launch?

This one works for the HTC option (I use TrackIR):

steam://launch/234630/VR/1

Change the '1' to a '2' for the Oculus option.