PDA

View Full Version : PSA for DK2 owners running oculus home and trying to get project cars working in vr

cbdrift
01-04-2016, 22:58
check your steam properties for project cars (right click properties) and untick the "use desktop game theatre when steam vr is active"

that fixed it for me and man is it smooth running with lots of stuff cranked up on my 4ghz cpu and 780ti nvidia card - buttery smooth and pretty - so pretty my laptimes have gone to shit looking at all the lurverly eye candy :)

hope this helps remove some frustrations

katzolik
01-04-2016, 23:14
thanks!
but damn... for me the dk2 issn working at all!

cbdrift
02-04-2016, 00:16
thanks!
but damn... for me the dk2 issn working at all!

can you get oculus home to run on it with the new runtime - and dont use runtime switchers with 1.3 runtime - i seriously broke my vr trying to make it swap betweek 0.8 and 1.3 and needed to purge all oculus stuff and redownload and install 1.3 from scratch again to get things working

katzolik
02-04-2016, 00:43
i hadnt updated my graphics driver ^^ all fine now!

but.. i dont think the game is properly displayed now with the dk2.. all seems very big! bigger than before with sdk 0.8

*Edit*
i found the world scaling!
at which value do you run it?

yeha
02-04-2016, 10:32
check your steam properties for project cars (right click properties) and untick the "use desktop game theatre when steam vr is active"

that fixed it for me and man is it smooth running with lots of stuff cranked up on my 4ghz cpu and 780ti nvidia card - buttery smooth and pretty - so pretty my laptimes have gone to shit looking at all the lurverly eye candy :)

hope this helps remove some frustrations

Is this with the steam version or the oculus home version of the game ???

edit, got it working.
Anyone still having troubles getting steam version to run try this.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3180-UPHK-0900
With cbdrifts tip above.
Make sure your looking straight forward when you start the game or it will load the screen in the direction your looking. :)

I never got it to run on .8 so I'm not sure how it compares. It's amazing, I can run with most settings on ultra and high.