PDA

View Full Version : The competition just confirmed DIRT.

ONT
01-04-2016, 23:16
https://youtu.be/Nl5DZyAKkCw

bporion
01-04-2016, 23:51
Meh .

t0daY
01-04-2016, 23:55
Its an april fool lol

kevin kirk
02-04-2016, 00:05
Are you telling me people need to simulate driving on dirt?

Slowsley
02-04-2016, 01:10
And if it turns out to be a joke, they're going to feel a serious wrath from the community. I for one don't care, but people are pretty worked up about it at the moment since we don't know for sure yet.

ONT
02-04-2016, 01:32
It's a joke 4 sure, although a pretty cruel one lol.

beetes_juice
02-04-2016, 01:34
Read it was emailed to every member? If true they are savage.

Panopticism
02-04-2016, 01:34
That promo would be a pretty expensive joke.

Krus Control
02-04-2016, 01:36
Until they show in game footage I'm considering this an April Fools.

Silraed
02-04-2016, 01:54
This seems like a terrible April fools joke from a business stand point.

t0daY
02-04-2016, 02:09
Come on guys. Click on the video and go to 1:55 :D

https://youtu.be/Nl5DZyAKkCw?t=111

or this here :D https://youtu.be/Nl5DZyAKkCw?t=190

ONT
02-04-2016, 02:26
Come on guys. Click on the video and go to 1:55 :D

https://youtu.be/Nl5DZyAKkCw?t=111

or this here :D https://youtu.be/Nl5DZyAKkCw?t=190

Lol, they had me until he started tasting the DIRT.

But I have to give them props for production quality of the promo hahaha.

SphereOfChaos
02-04-2016, 02:42
Dirt will be incorporated into Project Cars 2. :)

Slowsley
02-04-2016, 03:14
Read it was emailed to every member? If true they are savage.

Yep, they did and it sounded legit as can be. I haven't had an active membership since pCARS came out, I don't get excited about dirt, and I don't like oval racing and it still pisses me off. I'm not familiar with companies that want my business totally screwing around with me.

Maybe I'll renew my membership #soon. April fools...fools.

BigDad
02-04-2016, 05:06
Are the Ovals a joke also?

konnos
02-04-2016, 06:34
Hahaha he put a sample of water on the dirt with a syringe and then tasted it with his finger, hahaha

John Hargreaves
02-04-2016, 07:10
If true = good idea
If joke = very impressive
either way good on 'em

Slowsley
02-04-2016, 18:43
If true then yeah, great for dirt fans, but I can't call it a joke if it's fake. That email advertisement for dirt wanted me to renew my membership.

What if pCARS was a subscription service and sent a mass email yesterday claiming that ovals and oval ready AI was coming #SMSoon if I would just sign up again and pay, when it was really just trolling? I don't know how well that would go down.

But, like I said, hopefully it's true and all of this is moot.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
02-04-2016, 20:24
They're really missing a market by not having dirt, they already have multiple cars that are variants of dirt racing cars, and there's definitely a solid fanbase for dirt ovals in the US, Australia and NZ afaik. Plus dirt ovals are fun, it's like a constant drift competition. =)

John Hargreaves
02-04-2016, 21:51
Note to self; don't release good ideas on April 1st

ONT
02-04-2016, 22:08
They're really missing a market by not having dirt, they already have multiple cars that are variants of dirt racing cars, and there's definitely a solid fanbase for dirt ovals in the US, Australia and NZ afaik. Plus dirt ovals are fun, it's like a constant drift competition. =)

On my way to a small local Dirt track in Victorville tonight after my show ends :)

ONT
03-04-2016, 01:23
Real grassroots race track here in Victorville lol.

Family owned, the 6 year old daughter passing out home baked cup cakes :)

Racers run from 5 years old to 67.

Gotta love local sprint car dirt racing :)

ONT
03-04-2016, 01:27
http://www.wheel2wheelraceway.com

Pisshead30
03-04-2016, 12:17
That's all we need more ovals lol

ONT
04-04-2016, 17:53
Looks like the joke is iRacing fooling EVERYONE that it was a Aprils fool joke :cool:

This was released today, and I seriously doubt they would do this if it's not true.....:)

"We all know that the DIRTCONFIRMED announcement happened on April Fools day,
and we all thought that it was complete BS and a cruel, sick joke, but I have to give iRacing the award for Best April Fools Prank of 2016.

Making people think this announcement was fake but then coming out saying its not.

I mean, you sent your entire customer/fanbase into an angry frenzy, only to surprise them by showing this is actually legit with this tweet!

Well done!"

More competition is good, DIRT in pCARS 2 AND in iRacing.....life is Good.

04-04-2016, 19:32
I have to say in the back of my mind I was thinking "Surely iRacing isn't that stupid, they know there's been a demand for this stuff for a long time now, and they have lots of cars that can be quickly adapted into their dirt versions... Surely they're up to something." =)

Puffpirat
05-04-2016, 21:43
That was really one of the better ones. Actually just got an email:

Tony Rickard
05-04-2016, 22:32
More competition is good, DIRT in pCARS 2 AND in iRacing.....life is Good..Agreed, after all it IS possible to like iRacing and Project CARS! I would highly recommend both products. It isn't like we have a shelf full of current sim racing titles.

Panopticism
05-04-2016, 23:54
I hope they get World of Outlaws sprint cars into the game at some point.

Ryzza5
06-04-2016, 05:47
So uh, I guess more than a few safety ratings and what not may end up plummeting :)

ONT
06-04-2016, 22:17
So uh, I guess more than a few safety ratings and what not may end up plummeting :)

Your SR is separated now in OVAL and Road.

I'm sure dirt will be also, so Dirt OVAL and Rally is likely.

4 separate :)

ELAhrairah
08-04-2016, 00:59
Iracing? Isn't that that racing game with no day and night cycle and weather transitions?

gotdirt410sprintcar
08-04-2016, 02:59
Its never a bad idea to have dirt racing i know where im headed pc now. Everyone says April fools jock but look at nascar give it a few more years nascar will be nothing but dirt drivers mark my words its already happening

PAVEMENT IS FOR GETTING TO THE TRACK DIRT IS FOR RACING, FOUR A BREAST ALWAYS THE BEST

08-04-2016, 09:13
Iracing? Isn't that that racing game with no day and night cycle and weather transitions?And no single player functionality beyond driving alone on a track in practice mode, very little base content and insane prices for added content, which you can't use even for the aforementioned practice mode unless you pay for an active subscription...

If iRacing at least allowed the user to play with tracks and cars that they paid a very large amount of money for in the solo practice mode without an active subscription then I'd have a much more favorable opinion of them, but no.

ONT
08-04-2016, 12:31
With some discount dollars and a promo 1/2 of Your monthly fee is less than a cup of coffee at Starbucks....I know where my money is going :)

But seriously if You're looking for a single player experience iRacing would not be on my list, You're paying for a multiplayer racing SIM :)

konnos
08-04-2016, 12:48
The thing that keeps me away from trying iRacing is the ridiculous price to start playing. I know that is their target, to keep people like me off their racing tracks :D hahaha

But beyond the initial costs, i read that you can't even play practice mode, TimeTrial (which is what i spend most of my time at on these games) if the servers are not online, or you do not have internet.

08-04-2016, 12:56
You're paying for a MULTIPLAYER racing sim :)Fixed the emphasis. =)

GrimeyDog
08-04-2016, 14:23
The thing that keeps me away from trying iRacing is the ridiculous price to start playing. I know that is their target, to keep people like me off their racing tracks :D hahaha

But beyond the initial costs, i read that you can't even play practice mode, TimeTrial (which is what i spend most of my time at on these games) if the servers are not online, or you do not have internet.

Also any content you Buy which is Most of the Good tracks and Cars once you dont pay to Renew your subscription its ALL stuck in Limbo and Non usable until you Pay to Renew!!! Thats what Keeps Me away from Iracin... Its Not hard to Rack up a Few Hundred in DLC either!!! If i dont Renew My PSN or XB Live i can Still Play and use DL all content i have Paid for... Iracing can FOH with that!!!

gotdirt410sprintcar
08-04-2016, 15:34
I never raced on I racing how does it compare to the racing games out there now.

GrimeyDog
08-04-2016, 15:47
I never raced on I racing how does it compare to the racing games out there now.

Its ok... Nothing Really to jump for Joy over... They update the physics just like their doing with Pcars so it has gotten better with time... Right Now Pcars feels Great with the Right Tweek and is on Par IMO with Iracing... The big Difference is the online Races you dont get the Crash Dummies... Which is a Huge + when racing with Random people... I just Make Private rooms for Now so all in all they could be considered equal... I dont see where Iracing Tire/Physics Model is that much better unless I racing Made some Stunning Changes since last i played... I only sign up Now when they send me a special 3 mos for $12.00 or somthing like that.

08-04-2016, 15:58
The big Difference is the online Races you dont get the Crash Dummies...They're not completely free of the crash dummies either, and there are plenty of bad drivers in there with no clue about good racecraft, but obviously it's not as bad as anything that's purely public can be at its worst.

Shinzah
08-04-2016, 20:46
If they can pull off dirt and clay circletrack racing, I might be convinced to renew my iracing subscription for the first time in a very, very long time.

But if they can't, then I will cry in a corner and hold on to a candle of hope for Pcars2 not to abandon oval racing or dirt oval racing.

There hasn't been a good dirt oval game since dirt to daytona, and that game was far, far removed from having decent dirt physics, despite being a capable racing game.

ONT
09-04-2016, 05:09
The thing that really sets iRacing apart is the Safety Rating....always perfect, NO, but better than anything else for multiplayer.