PDA

View Full Version : Autostew - making online racing fun! (WORK IN PROGRESS) (PC only)

blak
01-04-2016, 23:32
Hi fellow racers,

I love Project CARS (I even had to buy a wheel after trying it out) but all of us who played online know it has some issues:

There are sadly a lot of griefers around who just want to ruin the game.
Once the race is over, it's over: the results can never be seen again.
There are no statistics, no rankings, etc.

That's why a friend of mine and I started a project called Autostew. We happily found out that the dedicated server offers an API and started to build a tool around it and are trying to implement features that we missed in Project CARS on-line races:

Kick griefers automatically. Also kick players who are AFK, who lag too much, etc.
Store race results.
Automate league/championship results.
Announce important race events during race.
Schedule races.
Rate drivers according to how safe and how fast they drive.
Show leaderboards.
Allow starting dedicated server exclusively for drivers with good reputation.
And more!

This is all of course work in progress, but we have been running our "augmented dedicated server" for about one week now and most races are correctly processed. Of course we have some bugs, of course our work needs still a lot of polishing and of course some features are not finished or not even started. Still, we wanted to show the community what we have done until now.

We have currently one public dedicated server running permanently with the name AUTOSTEW (all caps). Join us anytime you want! Note that if you don't get a welcome message when entering the server, that means there is an issue.
Also, here you can the website: http://autostew.selfhost.eu/
This is a race I participated in today: http://autostew.selfhost.eu/session/80
This race is running while I am writing this: http://autostew.selfhost.eu/session/88
This is the leaderboard for Spa in the GT3 class: http://autostew.selfhost.eu/session/tracks/14?vehicle_class=-112887377
This is the list of all drivers that used our server with their ratings: http://autostew.selfhost.eu/user/list

For now we are only hosting one dedicated server where mostly short GT3 races happen, as they seem to be the most popular for casual drivers. But we plan to host multiple servers with different configurations. We could for example have:

One server open to anyone.
One server restricted to drivers with a good safety reputation.
One server for longer races only.
One server for championships.

We also want to make it possible for people running their own dedicated server to connect it easily to Autostew. This would make it possible to manage the server from the website and also use the new features.

We would love to hear your feedback :)

macmac__
02-04-2016, 00:54
First impressions are great! Really can't give proper feedback till have done testing with it, but possibility for clean racing with "randoms" alone is a thing that will pull me like a pizza cake :victorious:

Few things that come to mind, none of which I've thought through, but writing them up just to see how bad they are :D
1) Post session disputing system, user reporting system?
2) Expand voting to kicking so it can be used in place of in-game system that requires a very great majority to produce a kick (at least used to)
3) "Autostew" moderators/admins that can help session appointed admins
4) In game hud/overlay/menu system for management and output (something like enb has, would this even be possible I don't know)

E: In before moderators, commence moving to 3rd party apps :p (maybe this really is a better spot anyway)

Sh4kE
02-04-2016, 06:15
1) Post session disputing system, user reporting system?
2) Expand voting to kicking so it can be used in place of in-game system that requires a very great majority to produce a kick (at least used to)
3) "Autostew" moderators/admins that can help session appointed admins
4) In game hud/overlay/menu system for management and output (something like enb has, would this even be possible I don't know)

1) Do you mean something like this: http://autostew.selfhost.eu/contact/ ?
2) We already have a ticket for that :) It's gonna come
3) We have a backend for all our database models and are both admins in there. If someone want's to help us, we encourage em to do so.
4) That's the hard part. The problem is that we don't know how to do that. But we will have a look at enb's overlay if it is open source.

Thx for you're impressions so far :)

macmac__
02-04-2016, 18:42
Woops, missed the "player chat commands" in waffle :D

1) Something like it, but something more simple like report user Hubbajubba for reason 1/2/3/4/5, to me currently that form wants feedback on the product.
3) I was thinking of in game co-admins and moderators that owner of the server could appoint that would have access to certain functions that a normal players don't (kick, mute and such)
4) I can imagine. Enb just crossed my mind because it has a proper menu system with mouse navigation, it's not open source so no dice. It has been done so some people know how to, won't post links because they lead to shady sites, but googling with "dx11 hooking overlay", "dx11 hooking overlay tutorial" or similar gives some examples, my c++ is at something above "automatically expanding frame around hello.you" so can't help much with that, will be looking into it though.

Wolkenwolf
02-04-2016, 19:56
Great! i'm rated A, better as in minorating.com. But what does that mean ? :D

Riccardo De Rosa
03-04-2016, 06:48
We also want to make it possible for people running their own dedicated server to connect it easily to Autostew. This would make it possible to manage the server from the website and also use the new features.

We would love to hear your feedback :)
Great news!
It is already operating this function?

Thanks, for your work :)

blak
03-04-2016, 12:33
Woops, missed the "player chat commands" in waffle :D

1) Something like it, but something more simple like report user Hubbajubba for reason 1/2/3/4/5, to me currently that form wants feedback on the product.
3) I was thinking of in game co-admins and moderators that owner of the server could appoint that would have access to certain functions that a normal players don't (kick, mute and such)
4) I can imagine. Enb just crossed my mind because it has a proper menu system with mouse navigation, it's not open source so no dice. It has been done so some people know how to, won't post links because they lead to shady sites, but googling with "dx11 hooking overlay", "dx11 hooking overlay tutorial" or similar gives some examples, my c++ is at something above "automatically expanding frame around hello.you" so can't help much with that, will be looking into it though.

Hi macmac__,

1) That is something we definitely want to implement! I created a card in waffle https://waffle.io/Autostew/autostew/cards/57010b0b3dcc91230076fd3e
3) We want do do this too. It would be really cool if we had "official stewards" who could promote cleaner racing. This would definitely be needed when we implement championships/leagues.
4) As sh4ke already mentioned, this would be an awesome feature, but we have little to no experience in doing something like that. We also probably don't have enough time to invest (at least now). But it would be great if someone wants to implement that, we would of course offer our help if someone wants to do it!

blak
03-04-2016, 12:40
Great! i'm rated A, better as in minorating.com. But what does that mean ? :D

Hey Wolkenwolf,

saw you racing in the server :)

We changed the class names to more descriptive ones. We should probably also add a page where the class system is explained. In waffle: https://waffle.io/Autostew/autostew/cards/57010e8017e1920e00bb1704

We also just made it harder to reach the higher classes, such that only the cleanest drivers reach high classes. To make that work properly, I just resetted all the ratings.

blak
03-04-2016, 12:46
Great news!
It is already operating this function?

Thanks, for your work :)

Hi Riccardo,

we did not try it out yet, but yes, it should work already. I saw your contact message, I'll send you an email so we can discuss how to do it :)

satco1066
03-04-2016, 13:19
Hi Riccardo,

we did not try it out yet, but yes, it should work already.

// Sarcasm start

sounds like the first line of an SMS patch note they delete before posting

// sarcasm end

blak
03-04-2016, 13:46
// Sarcasm start

// sarcasm end

:D

We didn't try out yet because we didn't want to manage two servers yet while developing. It would not only be more work, but also more costs. We are actually paying (not much, but still) to see this happen. Still, I would love to see a second server running, maybe even this week!

But I get your sarcasm :) I love this game but yeah, we all also know it's issues, they can be really frustrating sometimes.

Jason PLAdoh
03-04-2016, 18:25
I'm off to Have a Look at this :)

binarywarrior
04-04-2016, 18:08
Great work hope it spreads to other servers soon!

Jason PLAdoh
04-04-2016, 18:59
How about adding team speak?

Sometimes I just wanna ask what they were thinking!

J

Wolkenwolf
05-04-2016, 08:07
Had some nice races there, even with crashed rating software. This will work :)

2 cents:
points for hitting wall in Qualifying. Thats ... you know, someone joins, game lags badly, boing , reputation down ;)
Track cycle was not working, we're stuck at Barcelona yesterday.

Communication: may i suggest murmur/mumble ? Not so polished and widespread like TS, but free, opensource and no licensing hassle, stable and fast. And lots of free to use servers out there.

https://wiki.mumble.info

Just to spread the word ;)

Sankyo
05-04-2016, 08:15
// Sarcasm start

// sarcasm end
You're aware that you're saying this on an SMS-owned and -run forum?

satco1066
05-04-2016, 21:34
Yes i am. If Cluck had posted this, you'd had no problem with that.

Your're aware, that i'm no troll and this forum is PUBLIC?
Most of my posts are helpful and constructive.
So please don't shut everybody's mouth, that has another opinion in some sort.
We all know, that current state is not as positive as it should be in case of PC1, developers spend most time with PCars2.
Shure it's a problem of resources and time, but a really good QA would not release one bug after another, especially bugs that come up just after the patch.

If only one tester would have done right, he must have seen the new windowed / resolution bug.

Then there are 3 ways to handle that in a professional way.

1. release it, but also give clear instructions in release notes how to fix it and write one, only one, line of apologize
or
2. kick it back to build it team and release 2 days later, after carefully testing again
or
3. get another QA tester

satco1066
05-04-2016, 21:47
:D

We didn't try out yet because we didn't want to manage two servers yet while developing. It would not only be more work, but also more costs. We are actually paying (not much, but still) to see this happen. Still, I would love to see a second server running, maybe even this week!

But I get your sarcasm :) I love this game but yeah, we all also know it's issues, they can be really frustrating sometimes.

+1 for that. This idea is great and i hope you'll reach your goals.
This could be a new standard in server / league handling for pCars in the future.

Some months ago i helped cogent with a DS, because he needed one free accessable DS somewhere on another location to test his PCDSG system.
Unfortunately he gave up for known reasons.
If you need some help or resources for testing please get in contact

blak
05-04-2016, 22:18
Okay, while I mostly agree with you satco and I only see one non-constructive post in this thread (not yours), I would like to ask everyone to keep this thread on-topic.

Therefore some on-topic news!

We are working on connecting two further dedicated servers to Autostew. Hopefully tomorrow there will be three servers with Autostew's features! Also to remind you that you can see what we are working on our task board (https://waffle.io/Autostew/autostew).

If you found a bug, want to discuss some issue with the developers, want to propose a well-defined feature or want to help us in any other way you can open a new issue in Github (https://github.com/Autostew/autostew/issues/new) (you will need a Github account for that).

blak
06-04-2016, 09:44
The DS owned by RWB Racing UK is now connected to Autostew :)

See our server list here: http://autostew.selfhost.eu/session/servers

Rodders
06-04-2016, 11:35
The DS owned by RWB Racing UK is now connected to Autostew :)

See our server list here: http://autostew.selfhost.eu/session/servers

We were in the middle of a race when suddenly this new race info started appearing on the screen - all very exciting :)

After a few races some of us popped onto the Autoskew site to look at what it had gathered for the sessions and this sparked a lot of chatter about the potential for what this could do for the PCars MP experience. Really pleased coming out the starting gates on this.

Regarding a comment or 2 on having your safety rating affected by things outwith your control, from what I can tell it's not going to matter as the pattern for a generally clean driver is very much down. Starts at 10,000 and after 1 clean 6 lap race I was down to 9222 already. A couple of nights racing will mean you will hit zero pretty darn fast (don't know if it goes -ve) and the odd collision that arguably was not your fault but negatively affects your safety rating won't matter in the big picture. Can't wait to use this to eliminate bad and unfair drivers once we baseline it a bit to what is an acceptable threshold. My guess is the safety threshold to show you are a clean racer is going to be pretty darn low for the reasons I gave above.

KingE71
06-04-2016, 13:01
Looks great!
I have a curious mind am interested in some details :-)
does the server run on win or Linux?
How do you collect the data? from the (default) Lua script, or custom scripting?

thx

Charger
06-04-2016, 14:20
Having fun with this last night, we have a league race tonight so will report back how it went, hopefully no one gets kicked, is there a way to whitelist our members to be immune from kicking but still accrue safety ratings based on impacts?

Roel de Meulder
06-04-2016, 14:31
EDIT: -oops wrong button-

Mezzanine
06-04-2016, 14:59
Hey

just discovered this and simply want to say FANTASTIC! I'd even pay for this if you get it running smooth - add a donate button to your site!
What SMS still advertises on the pcars homepage but nerver implemented is now coming from you guys.

Good work!

RomKnight
06-04-2016, 18:33
So, I think I'll pass the word to the admins of where I race and see if both parties agree on something like hooking their server to this. They're starting a new championship soon a this could save a bit of work AND still keeps drivers "aware" :)

Charger
06-04-2016, 18:40
It's well worth it, lots of things to come as well.

RomKnight
06-04-2016, 20:06
Done... Out of my hands now :)

DragonSyr
06-04-2016, 20:21
Good news !! at last
enough with the rammers.......

Mezzanine
07-04-2016, 12:14
Aloah,

Last night I tried some races on the autostew server and some on the RWB #2 which also had autostew in its name.
I could directly see the races of the autostew server on your site as my rating grew a few points. This did not happen for the race on the RWB server.

I'm not sure if the RWB server has been showing as up&running on the autostew site that time, so my question is, will racing on RWB also affect the rating shown on the autostew site?

Again great work, I appreciate this!

Rodders
07-04-2016, 12:32
The RWB 2 server wasn't linked up yet - it got done at midnight last night and is showing live on the AutoStew site now. RWB 1 had a problem with the link up - don't know what it was but looks like it is fixed now as it's showing UP on the AutoStew site.

Maybe catch you on tonight Mezz ;)

Mezzanine
07-04-2016, 12:52
Nice, sounds good. I'm in a RSR event tonight and I'll push the autostew topic there, I think today (admin) already smelled blood ;)
It's always nice to race with RWB, fair&fast!

cheers

Charger
07-04-2016, 14:09
RWB 1 is down at the moment because if it is restarted it loses the link, it will be back up later but if either RWB1 or 2 is active then points will be accrued through the Autostew, we are just going to have to be careful who takes host as we know if the host leaves the game just sits at syncing for the rest, it will either be all leave and rejoin or jump from server 1 to 2 or vice versa.

RWB 1 is down because I changed the name to match 2, we now have RWB Racing UK 1/2 - Autostewed on the in game server list.

As we don't run a set rotation like the Dev's Autostew anyone can join ours and be host and set it to their liking.

We really need to push this as driver reputation doesn't work in PCars and this is the ideal replacement for driver ratings, I wonder if it would be possible to add into Autostew to reject drivers from entering a server if their safety rating exceeds a given amount?

Daynja
07-04-2016, 14:48
The concern I raised the other day to Charger, was that the contact/crash points are constant until the race is totally over.

Basically during the AI phase when you cross the line, you are vulnerable to crash points. My AI hit a wall on Bathurst during that phase and i was given points against my safety rating. This could be bad if a person is still on track driving, a lap down and hits our slow & skittish AI car.

Mezzanine
07-04-2016, 15:14
The concern I raised the other day to Charger, was that the contact/crash points are constant until the race is totally over.

Basically during the AI phase when you cross the line, you are vulnerable to crash points. My AI hit a wall on Bathurst during that phase and i was given points against my safety rating. This could be bad if a person is still on track driving, a lap down and hits our slow & skittish AI car.

Hi,

not sure if I got it right, would it mean in szenes like the one below where the AI crashes into the wall multiple times the player would receive penaltypoints?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ1fstsSrLE

cheers

Charger
07-04-2016, 15:49
Hi,

not sure if I got it right, would it mean in szenes like the one below where the AI crashes into the wall multiple times the player would receive penaltypoints?

cheers

That's an extreme example but yes you would but they are working on balancing the system, a few incidents in the big picture of things won't affect it too much.

Daynja
07-04-2016, 16:14
Hi,

cheers

Yes, I got points for my AI leaving the pits and hitting the guy holding the pit board (track Roussen),who was in the way of the garage opening. The points were low, but in an extreme case where the AI went nuts crashing hard into things then the points would be much larger.

Rodders
07-04-2016, 18:14
As mentioned, your safety rating improves very quickly if you race clean and issues like this will have very little impact over time on your rating. Not saying it wouldn't be good to fix it, just that it's not a significant issue on the scale of things.

Also both RWB servers are currently experiencing problems staying connected with the AutoSkew server. All good early adoption fun :)

blak
07-04-2016, 20:06
Looks great!
I have a curious mind am interested in some details :-)
does the server run on win or Linux?
How do you collect the data? from the (default) Lua script, or custom scripting?

thx

Hey KingE71,

curious minds should get their favourite meals :)

Autostew's machines run on Linux. We manage only one dedicated server ourselves. The other three (for now ;) ) are managed by people who got interested in our project and connected their DS with Autostew, so they may be running on Windows or Linux, I don't know.

If it was possible I would be definitely running the game under Linux too :)

To talk with the dedicated servers we are using the HTTP API, that has proven to be very useful even if it's not perfect.

blak
07-04-2016, 20:12
So, I think I'll pass the word to the admins of where I race and see if both parties agree on something like hooking their server to this. They're starting a new championship soon a this could save a bit of work AND still keeps drivers "aware" :)

That would be great :)

You could tell them they can contact us using the contact form at our site: http://autostew.joanardiaca.net/contact/

RomKnight
08-04-2016, 13:31
Done :)

Riccardo De Rosa
09-04-2016, 07:33
I want to thank the work that @blak is carrying out. He is always available and he is very competent. A very useful tool for those who, like me, runs a dedicated server with project cars. :yes:

mr_belowski
09-04-2016, 09:17
Looks interesting. For the guys who have used this, would it make sense to communicate any of the information it provides via crew chief? I've not raced for a while (bloody job...) and have never seen this tool in action so this might be a pointless suggestion, but is there any scope for linking to CrewChief? Not sure how it'd work - REST calls or whatever

blak
09-04-2016, 10:07
Looks interesting. For the guys who have used this, would it make sense to communicate any of the information it provides via crew chief? I've not raced for a while (bloody job...) and have never seen this tool in action so this might be a pointless suggestion, but is there any scope for linking to CrewChief? Not sure how it'd work - REST calls or whatever

Hey Mr Belowski,

you are CrewChief's developer, right? I would like to say first thanks a lot for your work! It has made racing much more enjoyable and almost every serious driver I know is using it.

I think there would be really neat to integrate CrewChief with Autostew. We are still in an early phase so we are not really ready yet for that, but I think it would be possible to give some very interesting messages via crew chief:

* When you get promoted/demoted to a new safety class
* When you break the current world record for the track
* When you crashed excessively, warn that you may be disqualified/kicked
* Also, we are planning to implement championships/leagues in Autostew. It would be cool to have messages like: "With the current standings, you would win two positions in the championship and get to seventh position" or "We would gain a position in the championship if you overtake the driver in front of you"

Probably there would be other cool posibilities I am not seeing right now. We could provide you with an API to get that information.

But we are not really up to this point yet. We are still making Autostew more stable and fixing some design issues (better now than too late) and also working on a better crash points monitoring.

But we would be really happy to do this once we are ready :)

blak
09-04-2016, 10:22
And thanks everyone for the great feedback! It is really appreciated :)

Our top priority right now is to fix the important issues before implementing new features. Next I would like to allow those who are managing the dedicated servers to control their servers via our website.

We also need a new logo and our design skills are not really that amazing :P

But maybe someone here want to help us with that! :)

We are looking for:
* A logo
* Does not need to be super-professional
* Preferably light-weight in size
* Optionally with a monochrome version
* From an author who is able to not take it personally if we turn it down
* Free to use and modify for the Autostew project

blak
09-04-2016, 16:39
We just added some more information to the FAQ page: http://autostew.net/faq

Also, we added a description of the current safety classes: http://autostew.net/user/safety_classes

Sh4kE
10-04-2016, 15:31
I wonder if it would be possible to add into Autostew to reject drivers from entering a server if their safety rating exceeds a given amount?

That's exactly what we were thinking. But is still work in progress. We plan that every server will have a setting to kick players which are in a lower class than the setting.
So stay tuned - it's coming soon :)

DragonSyr
10-04-2016, 15:37
btw, something wierd about crashes. in three different races i got penalty while another driver hit me in the back.. why ???

also what is the performance rating numbers? 988 is good or bad?
i got 1000 from the above hits

blak
10-04-2016, 16:52
btw, something wierd about crashes. in three different races i got penalty while another driver hit me in the back.. why ???

also what is the performance rating numbers? 988 is good or bad?
i got 1000 from the above hits

Hi DragonSyr,

as far as I know, there is no piece of software that can reliably find out who is responsible in a racing incident. This is something we simply can't implement right now. Doing this would probably need a team of engineers working dedicately to solve this problem, and we are just two guys who develop this in our spare time.

We have some mechanisms in place to reduce this problem, but a crash between two players will always be logged for both. In the long run, if you drive cleanly and are only hit by others, you will get a better rating than those who drive unsafely.

You can find more information about this in our FAQ page, which we will be updating periodically: http://autostew.net/faq

DragonSyr
10-04-2016, 17:38
thanks for the quick answer :)
good work! i think with this you guys can do that sms cant ......

Riccardo De Rosa
11-04-2016, 05:47
I do not know if it's possible.

a very useful thing is to become admin (host) even if owner of the server enter last.

Another very useful thing it is the possibility to restart the session at a specific time. When you organize events, this aspect becomes important.

Mike Laskey
11-04-2016, 13:50
We love what you're doing here, blak; it's precisely this kind of WMD/Project CARS community initiative that the API was written to support. Good job.

Dozer K.A.O.
11-04-2016, 15:38
i appreciate what you are doing, But i was playing in one of your servers this weekend and was taken out of the track three or four times with 0 consecuences for the mad drivers.

Not trolling, i know that has to be difficult to create an automatic rule for this kind of behavior, but in my case i think is not working fine...yet.

Nelson Pacheco
11-04-2016, 19:20
where could we find this servers???

Charger
11-04-2016, 20:06
i appreciate what you are doing, But i was playing in one of your servers this weekend and was taken out of the track three or four times with 0 consecuences for the mad drivers.

Not trolling, i know that has to be difficult to create an automatic rule for this kind of behavior, but in my case i think is not working fine...yet.

It may have been down at the time, if the server has restarted Autostew goes down, Blak has to relink it manually at the moment, I can guarantee you if it's on it works.

blak
12-04-2016, 01:24
Our FAQ page (http://autostew.net/faq) just got an update and some other minor changes.

Autostew is close to having 200 properly handled races and already over 10.000 driver laps!

We would like to include some general racing rules in our site, but I think ourselves are not experts in this topic (sorry Sh4ke if I am underestimating you!). I set up a wiki at wikia, maybe those who are more experienced in simulation racing could lend us a hand writing a draft here: http://autostew.wikia.com/wiki/Racing_rules

Giovtec
12-04-2016, 02:05
Is good to see how people helps in a good way pCARS to be better little by little :)

DragonSyr
12-04-2016, 10:59
i search my documents and i found this (not made by my , and sorry but i dont remember where i found)
i think that is general for all racing sims.

Conduct

C-1: You must compete in a fair and honest manner.

C-2: You must drive responsibly, in a way that will not ruin the enjoyment for others.

C-3: Offensive language, abuse and discrimination against drivers is strictly outlawed.
Identification

I-1: Always use your recognised online name. Team tags and colours may change, but using someone else’s, or a vulgar name is dishonest and unsportsmanlike.

I-2: Car skins should require no vulgar abusive or discriminative content.
Overtaking

O-1: To obtain right of road position in a corner, the overtaker's car must have substantial overlap of the car that is being overtaken, before they reach the corner's turn-in point. Should the overtaking car not have enough overlap, the leading car may resume its racing line without fear of contact.

O-2: The car on the outside has the right to outside room all the way through the corner – right up to the exit point. That car should not be squeezed against the outside towards the exit point.

O-3: The car on the inside has the right to inside room all the way through the corner - right up to the exit point. That car should not be squeezed against the inside towards the apex area. The ahead driver can still battle for the position of course but must do so while maintaining side room for the behind driver. The practice of going up the inside of an ahead car after that car has already turned in, and where there was no established substantial overlap before the turn-in point, is sometimes referred to as barge passing, (i.e. you barge your way past). Understand that barge passing is a high risk manoeuvre for both you and others. You have no rights what-so-ever as a barge passer.

O-4: Where an ahead driver has clearly made a sufficient error to warrant a passing move, a behind driver may attack their position, with due caution and care, regardless of whether there was any pre-existing overlap. E.g. - If the ahead driver brakes too late and drifts out wide of the apex and then has to reduce speed etc. This would be a valid passing opportunity regardless of whether there was pre-existing overlap. However, there is still substantial responsibility on the overtaking driver to take all necessary care to avoid contact. Small errors by the ahead driver may not be sufficient to justify an attacking passing move however. Just because the ahead driver gets a bit out of shape at times does not give you an automatic right to pass uncontested by them or a right to room. You still have to judge if their error provides sufficient opportunity for a safe pass to take place.

O-5: Ahead drivers have the right to choose any line down a straight. The ahead driver may make one move to block the opposing car, and one move to return to the racing line before the next corner - Unless the opposing car has overlap.

O-6: Ahead drivers have the right to take any line through a corner, unless an opposing car has overlap.
Lapping

L-1: It is a fundamental rule of motorsport and sim racing that when a driver receives a blue flag, this is to let the driver know that a faster car is about to overtake and put that driver a lap down.

L-2: The driver that is overtaking/lapping the slower car must treat the situation as though a normal competitor is being overtaken - and not assume the lapped driver should leap out of the way at all costs.

L-3: The driver that is being lapped should let the lead driver past and/or not resist to be overtaken. Only move out of the way for the lead driver when you believe it is safe to do so. For example, not on the apex of a corner.
Contact

CT-1: Even if the above rules are adhered to at all times, contact between cars is always a possibility.

CT-2: If a driver has breached one of the Rules of Racing, and has resulted in contact and/or a time or position advantage. That driver must apologize, and forfeit the position to the affected driver. If the affected driver is unable to continue, sufficient action should be encouraged at the Server Admin's discretion.

CT-3: If a driver who has breached one of the Rules of Racing is most affected by the incident, this driver has no right to claim any form of position or compensation for this error.

CT-4: Behind drivers are expected to anticipate the possibility that ahead drivers may have longer braking zones, and can make mistakes. Behind drivers should drive accordingly, always maintaining separation.

CT-5: The behind driver has a responsibility to not run into the back of a ahead driver. The ahead driver does not have to try to avoid you. If all else fails, the behind driver should run their own car off the track to avoid such a collision.

CT-6: Malicious or inappropriate braking or slowing is strictly prohibited.
After an Incident

AI-1: Any driver rejoining the track after a spin/crash/off has the responsibility of not driving into other competitors - regardless of position or situation. Use reset button with caution.(this is a big problem online )
AI-2: On-track drivers at racing speed always have right of way over anyone returning to the track, even if the incident was not your fault.

AI-3: Your right of way does not exist until you are up to racing speed on-track.

AI-4: Always use your mirrors, look buttons and mini-map (if available) to check for oncoming traffic. Not doing so is highly dangerous.

AI-5: If a competitor's car has come to a halt on the track, either through spinning or crashing, then that driver must apply the brakes and not move whatsoever. This helps oncoming traffic find a route through the incident as a moving chicane is a lot harder to avoid and will result in a collision.

AI-6: The stationary driver must either spectate as soon as possible, or if safe to do so, return to racing speed once all oncoming traffic has passed.

AI-7: If a racer's car is severely damaged either through contact or a driver's own hardware, it is highly recommended that they retire as soon as possible. If, however, the driver attempts to return to the pitlane for repair, they should remain off the racing line at all times, and drive at a vastly reduced speed whilst being fully aware of approaching traffic.

AI-8: A damaged car recovering to the pits has no right of way whatsoever.
Pitstops

P-1: Cars on-track have right of way over any drivers entering or exiting the pitlane.

P-2: Drivers must keep within the pit exit line.

P-3: Cars on the pit driving lane have right-of-way over cars in, and coming out of, the pit stall lane.

P-4: When leaving the pit stall, drivers must join into the pit lane immediately unless there is oncoming traffic.

macmac__
12-04-2016, 11:40
i search my documents and i found this (not made by my , and sorry but i dont remember where i found)
i think that is general for all racing sims.

Seems like a good summary, probably this (https://www.lfs.net/news/239) is the source, later written to wiki (http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Rules_of_Clean_Racing).

DragonSyr
12-04-2016, 13:08
i think this is it .
i dont keep notes for the sources.
i will try on my next copies :)

Mezzanine
12-04-2016, 14:28
Hey blak,

I would love to be able to sort the list of players (http://autostew.net/user/list) in oder to see the toprated users, you propably already thought about that, too.
It would make it easier to see if I overtook you with the perfomancerating, I saw you currently lead the field ;-)

Good work & nice racing with you! cheers

PS.: Current Top50:

DragonSyr
13-04-2016, 10:47
still dont understand the numbers....
examples above,
i see safe driver (blak) with 1096.
i see rookie (spyder)with 1012
and i see me as rookie with 988

what mean the number?
higher is good ? bad? or ιt does not have to do with the class of the driver?

blak
13-04-2016, 11:09
Yesterday we made the driver list sortable, just click on the table headers to sort by the different fields :)

Mark Silcock
13-04-2016, 11:20
examples above,

what mean the number?

I think the number is a performance rating which is different to safety rating.

Mark Silcock
13-04-2016, 11:25
Would it be possible to detail the performance rating a little more? Maybe a typical scenario from a race containing a range of racers.

In iRacing you dont see how the system rates you but once you understand that you're given car number is your expected finish position it's pretty easy to understand how to improve your rating.

Mark Silcock
13-04-2016, 11:27
What does the little cog and 100 mean under drivers names?

Schadows
13-04-2016, 12:02
Would it be possible to detail the performance rating a little more? Maybe a typical scenario from a race containing a range of racers.

In iRacing you dont see how the system rates you but once you understand that you're given car number is your expected finish position it's pretty easy to understand how to improve your rating.

Taken from the site's FAQ

How is the driver performance rating calculated?
We use the Elo rating system. You will be considered a winner over every driver who finished in a worse position than yours, but also over all drivers who completed a lap in any stage of the race but did not finish the race itself.

In the Elo rating system, winners take points from losers. The beautiful thing about it is that the amount of points taken depends on the expected result of a game. Thus, if you lose against a driver who is much better than you, you will lose few points, but if you win against that same driver, you will get a lot of points from him. The same happens when you win or lose against drivers who are worse than you.

The maximum points you can win from beating another driver is 2 per race (the "k" value). Therefore, if you win a race against 20 other players, you can get up to 40 points if all had a better rating than you.

blak
13-04-2016, 12:09
examples above,

what mean the number?

Hey DragonSyr,

your safety class (Rookie for now) is independent of your performance rating (the number).

The safety class is calculated taking into account how often a driver is involved in a crash. If you open your (profile page (http://autostew.net/user/76561198108453002)) you will see a number next to your safety class, this describes how often you are involved in a crash. For this number, lower is better, because crashes make this number higher, and clean laps reduce it.

The performance rating is calculated taking into account your race results and it's independent from your safety rating. It describes your race results (against whom you win or lose) and is calculated using the Elo rating system (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system) that is used in many other games. Basically, this rating assumes you will more probably win against lower rated drivers and lose against higher rated drivers. It is updated after each race you participate in. You count as having participated in a race once you finish a lap in any stage. So leaving a race where you have a bad position won't save you from losing performance points. This also encourages drivers to complete full races.

I hope this helps clearing it up.

Cheers,
Joan

Mark Silcock
13-04-2016, 12:11
Yes I have read that.

Does the rating not go down?

It says the max points is 2, is that the only amount of points or are there other factors that give you less points?

blak
13-04-2016, 12:12

We definitely want to improve the system, but development takes of course some time and effort (and we are doing this only for the fun) so please be patient or try to find a developer who want to help us :)

hat does the little cog and 100 mean under drivers names?

It's the AI difficulty level for AI drivers.

blak
13-04-2016, 12:27
Yes I have read that.

Does the rating not go down?

It says the max points is 2, is that the only amount of points or are there other factors that give you less points?

Yes, you can also lose up to 2 points per driver you lost against. The only factors that affect your performance rating are:
* Winning and losing a race against other human drivers.
* Having finished a lap in any stage of the event, then leaving the race for any reason. Drivers who leave will be considered as having lost against all drivers who stayed in the race, even against those who retire, are disqualified or otherwise do not finish the race buy stay connected. So it makes more sense for your rating to retire and stay connected in the race than disconnecting. This is to discourage drivers from leaving a race they participated in and not allowing them to "cheat" by leaving.

We will be soon also implementing "unranked" sessions for those who want to race without changing their performance rating.

Mezzanine
13-04-2016, 12:44
Yesterday we made the driver list sortable, just click on the table headers to sort by the different fields :)

Hey blak,

great & well done thank you!

I've got one more question: We've been using autostew in a league event last night. Purpose of the event is to give new players the possibility to show their racing skills in order to maybe be part of the league.
It seems one of the new players has been kicked from the race (there was an accident). This feature is generally fine and one of the best parts of autostew in my opinion.

The question is, would it maybe be possible to suspend this feature for a given server/session/race?
Maybe like an option for the servers admin?

cheers & thx again! cu on track

blak
13-04-2016, 13:52
Hey blak,

great & well done thank you!

I've got one more question: We've been using autostew in a league event last night. Purpose of the event is to give new players the possibility to show their racing skills in order to maybe be part of the league.
It seems one of the new players has been kicked from the race (there was an accident). This feature is generally fine and one of the best parts of autostew in my opinion.

The question is, would it maybe be possible to suspend this feature for a given server/session/race?
Maybe like an option for the servers admin?

cheers & thx again! cu on track

Sure, this is one of the top features in our to-do list! See our tasks here (https://waffle.io/Autostew/autostew).

DragonSyr
13-04-2016, 14:15
Hey DragonSyr,

your safety class (Rookie for now) is independent of your performance rating (the number).

The safety class is calculated taking into account how often a driver is involved in a crash. If you open your (profile page (http://autostew.net/user/76561198108453002)) you will see a number next to your safety class, this describes how often you are involved in a crash. For this number, lower is better, because crashes make this number higher, and clean laps reduce it.

The performance rating is calculated taking into account your race results and it's independent from your safety rating. It describes your race results (against whom you win or lose) and is calculated using the Elo rating system (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system) that is used in many other games. Basically, this rating assumes you will more probably win against lower rated drivers and lose against higher rated drivers. It is updated after each race you participate in. You count as having participated in a race once you finish a lap in any stage. So leaving a race where you have a bad position won't save you from losing performance points. This also encourages drivers to complete full races.

I hope this helps clearing it up.

Cheers,
Joan

helps a lot! thank you for your answer.

ps . Check pm for logo link (i tried to make decent and unassuming as possible) no big deal but is something :)

Mbondracing
14-04-2016, 22:42
I love this think it's a great idea and the more servers using the system the better. My work schedule prevents me joining a league so anything that lets me have clean casual races and I'm on board. Had two awesome races today in autostew servers. My only issue I'd like to comment on was that I seemed to have points added to my safety rating even though I was hit from the side? And also once I hit a barrier (no other cars near me or involved) and it affected my safety rating. Any way that can be improved?

Thanks once again for implementing this idea.

Umer Ahmad
14-04-2016, 23:35
A hit is a hit. There's no distinguishing one incident from another, and also "no fault".

Over the long run the "safe & clean" guys will benefit from the points/rating system as they will have less incidents overall against their score/rating.

Charger
15-04-2016, 02:04
A hit is a hit. There's no distinguishing one incident from another, and also "no fault".

Over the long run the "safe & clean" guys will benefit from the points/rating system as they will have less incidents overall against their score/rating.

Exactly, I have been kicked 3 times from my own server and it wasn't my fault, crashes that happen you have to avoid more, it's not your fault but if you don't take avoiding action you are also at fault or just damn unlucky and have no time to react, as happened to me, tried to avoid it but got caught up, if I had backed off when I saw the Shitstorm coming down I may have survived, hindsight is a great thing.

My driver rating has gone up but my safety rating is all over the place due to incidents, if the incidents don't happen in the first place then you don't have to avoid them, just drive safe, it will eventually force people to be clean, it's just a matter of time.

A clean driver will eventually prevail.

Mbondracing
15-04-2016, 07:53
Game on then! Racing clean is always my top priority that's for sure.

One thing I do know is that as a casual racer on pcars I'll only be using autostew servers now!

FR-Alan
15-04-2016, 11:39
Hi all, and aplosgise if already written somwhere but it is possible to locate the point of impact on a car ?
I mean, like in other games or in real life, the fault could be 95% coming from behind and causes by the front of the car.
Fault could be much increased if you hit with the front than with the back for example.
Regards

Mark Silcock
15-04-2016, 12:46
Exactly, I have been kicked 3 times from my own server and it wasn't my fault, crashes that happen you have to avoid more, it's not your fault but if you don't take avoiding action you are also at fault or just damn unlucky and have no time to react, as happened to me, tried to avoid it but got caught up, if I had backed off when I saw the Shitstorm coming down I may have survived, hindsight is a great thing.

That's exactly the kind or race awareness that happens over time when you have a system like this and the one in iRacing, and it is currently lacking in the MP Pcars races I have been in. Once you get over the "it's not my fault I shouldn't get penalised" issue and realise that you have to be aware of these incidents see them happening before they do and back off, you become a better driver.

Think of it this way, if you were racing for real with your own car, someone spins in front leaving you no where to go and you hit them, does the other driver pay your damages because it wasn't your fault? Thats racing.

Unless you are a reckless driver the safety rating will take care of itself as long as you learn from it.

Mahjik
15-04-2016, 13:13
I mean, like in other games or in real life, the fault could be 95% coming from behind and causes by the front of the car.

This isn't exactly true. How this is looked at in real life, is looking at each car's telemetry. If the stewards determines the car in front braked early, it will put the car in front at fault for the car behind running into it (and there was a recent example of this). Issues like that require much more data and human eyes to analyze which is why just about every current effective automated system (like iRacing) puts both cars at fault by default.

FR-Alan
15-04-2016, 13:28
This isn't exactly true. How this is looked at in real life, is looking at each car's telemetry. If the stewards determines the car in front braked early, it will put the car in front at fault for the car behind running into it (and there was a recent example of this). Issues like that require much more data and human eyes to analyze which is why just about every current effective automated system (like iRacing) puts both cars at fault by default.
You are probably right for the real life racing. I was talking for real life driving. If you hit a car from behind you are 100% responsible (in my country...) cause you should have 100% control of what you do when you are behind. Unless you prouve that the guy in front make something deliberary weird.
i agree it s with looking cars telemetry, and if it is possible, to locate the contact if possible ?

Mahjik
15-04-2016, 13:36
i agree it s with looking cars telemetry, and if it is possible, to locate the contact if possible ?

I doubt it's exposed via the API's, but the game engine does know where the contact happened. Still, you cannot automatically assume the person in the rear is responsible. If you do, what happens is that you get people abusing this by slamming on their brakes during races to have people run into them and hurt their safety rating. This is exactly why iRacing does NOT do this and assigns blame to both cars.

FR-Alan
15-04-2016, 15:34
If you brake on purpose to do it, you will be hit by some, but you will probably mostly get overtaken :D

Ralph B
17-04-2016, 13:42
Since a while I'm regularly visiting the autostewed Nürburgring servers. Must say, it's a pretty good thing. Maybe still not perfect, but a very great improvement in comparison to other servers. Unlike other public servers the amount of crash-idiots is pretty low. And if there are any, they get kicked pretty fast.
Annother great feature is the multiple class filter. It allowes to mix different classes. I prefer historical cars - with this function you can have the whole bandwith of old cars without beeing limited to a single class for example. That's great! Much thanks for developing it! I think, it should have earned the title "pCars mod of the mpnth" or something like this!

Raymond de Vries
22-04-2016, 16:43
Great initiative!! Love to see more servers using autostew.
Maybe you can show on the autostew website if a server is passworded.

kzyto
24-04-2016, 11:40
First i just want to say that it is really great what you guys are doing for Project Cars.

I only have some issues trying to find the servers. It is not really clear for me how i can find and join the Autostew servers. If i try to search for autostew in de serverlist there is no server been found.

Riccardo De Rosa
24-04-2016, 11:50
Look here
http://autostew.net/session/servers
in lobby you have to search for the exact name (including upper and lower case) as it appears in the server page.(Link above)

Rodders
25-04-2016, 17:30
Platform is now staying up much much better so well done whatever you done AS team.

Safety reductions are only seem to give you 200 odd per race now rather than a hundred or so for every lap though so watch your safety rating :o

kicker83
25-04-2016, 19:59
This initiative is awesome! I just registered in the website. I have a dedicated server, and I would like to register it.

Thanks for your work :)

Charger
26-04-2016, 01:04
It just gets better and better, nice work, looking forward to the DS Admin ;-)

Dalhil
26-04-2016, 11:00
Awesome project Blak, do you think in the future it will be possible to filter any stats per server? It would be nice for each server to have its own stats.

About contacts points, i see a lot of points are given when you hit barriers or cones, are those values configurable?

Rodders
26-04-2016, 12:59
Platform is now staying up much much better so well done whatever you done AS team.

Safety reductions are only seem to give you 200 odd per race now rather than a hundred or so for every lap though so watch your safety rating :o

And that's the safety point reductions working as intended again :)

Blak said they changed it from a "per clean lap" reduction to distance driven and the algorithm that works it out just needed tweaked.

blak
26-04-2016, 23:23
We have been continuing our work on Autostew and our newest changes deserve an announcement here :)

Adding and managing your DS

If you manage a DS and you want to connect it to Autostew, you may do so now via the DS admin zone (http://autostew.net/accounts/) at our website. You can also manage the setup rotation and setup queue for your server from Autostew.

Live race dashboard

When you open the details of an ongoing race, Autostew will refresh automatically every 10 seconds. This means you can open the race on a second screen, a tablet or any other device and use it as a dashboard that shows you the current status of the race!

We have also made a lot of minor improvements and fixes.

Charger
27-04-2016, 00:21
Excellent, noticed the refresh was updated and have just registered the DS admin, safety and driver ratings seem spot on now, doing it by km per incident is much better, I am actually a safe driver now lol.

kicker83
27-04-2016, 07:39
We have been continuing our work on Autostew and our newest changes deserve an announcement here :)

Adding and managing your DS

If you manage a DS and you want to connect it to Autostew, you may do so now via the DS admin zone (http://autostew.net/accounts/) at our website. You can also manage the setup rotation and setup queue for your server from Autostew.

Live race dashboard

When you open the details of an ongoing race, Autostew will refresh automatically every 10 seconds. This means you can open the race on a second screen, a tablet or any other device and use it as a dashboard that shows you the current status of the race!

We have also made a lot of minor improvements and fixes.

Awesome!!! I already added my server to DS admin. I'll test it this evening.

Is there any way to donate?? I can't see any option in website.

Thanks!

kicker83
27-04-2016, 09:36
How works "Setup rotation"? Is it supposed that I can configure de circuit rotation, and Autostew website communicates with my DS HTTP API? I can't see anything in my log, and the configurations are not being configured in my DS.

Thanks!!!

blak
28-04-2016, 21:13
Hi kicker83,

I think we could already solve your problem via mail, but just in case anyone else wonders:

Yes, Autostew can set the setup rotation via the HTTP API. But this only works if the serverControlsSetup setting is set to true in your server.cfg. If set to false, the players can choose the race setup.

Ramiboo
03-05-2016, 10:50
Hey Blak,

I see there are some features to disable Kicks now. I've made the changes to our DS's, is there a way for me to get them active with you. Or is that still a backend admin thing. :)

miguelingt
04-05-2016, 12:14
Hi. my dedicated server is online and registered but Still I can not see the live timing and time records of the sessions. The server is running with lua scripting enabled. Is lua compatible with Autostew?

kicker83
04-05-2016, 13:09
Hi Miguelingt, I'm in the same situation, but it seems that the server in autostew is not working correctly. Lets wait until the developers tell us anything about the problems.

Is only HTTP API, i think LUA API its not supported.

hophans
04-05-2016, 13:31
Hi. my dedicated server is online and registered but Still I can not see the live timing and time records of the sessions. The server is running with lua scripting enabled. Is lua compatible with Autostew?

I run 2 server with autostew at the moment along with a wide range of lua scripts and that doesn't seem to have any impact on the link.
I might add that the scripts i run is for ping check, afk drivers etc. so it doesn't do anything with the http api.

i mainly run 3 league sessions a week and public availability and all records seems to be ok for me.

Ralph B
11-05-2016, 09:46
I'm running pretty often at the Nordschleife - mainly Vintage cars. What about those "Touristenfahrten" servers, which are more the less open 24/7. Who is operating them? They're using an autosteward, but I don't see them on the serverlist. As well there are no laptimes and drivers listed on the autostew-list. Do we speak obout the same thing or is there annother, similar system?

Rodders
11-05-2016, 12:02
I'm running pretty often at the Nordschleife - mainly Vintage cars. What about those "Touristenfahrten" servers, which are more the less open 24/7. Who is operating them? They're using an autosteward, but I don't see them on the serverlist. As well there are no laptimes and drivers listed on the autostew-list. Do we speak obout the same thing or is there annother, similar system?

I think they use a different system from AutoStew.

My club (RWB) is very excited about when the DS admin gets activated and you can set a minimum safety rating to join the servers. AutoStew is going to become extremely effective when that happens and you can join servers with much more assurance you're going to get a good quality racing experience. We will likely keep one of our servers at Rookie so people new to AutoStew can join and work on improving their safety rating and the other initially at Safe Driver, dropping to Class C and maybe lower when appropriate.

Even before this point it's already effective in eliminating the deliberate rammers, for example a player currently called RWB Amik (not a member of the club) has visited AS servers and done his smashy smashy thing and in only 23Km accumulated an almost 42000 safety rating. What this means is any driver-driver contact now and he is auto-kicked from an AutoStew server meaning you are safe from him already on activated servers :)

dhosein
16-05-2016, 13:31
Just an idea that comes to mind, but would it be possible to introduce a convention of including [AS] as part of the server name for servers running AutoStew? It'd make it a LOT easier to find/filter relevant servers in the list...

Rodders
18-05-2016, 14:07
Just an idea that comes to mind, but would it be possible to introduce a convention of including [AS] as part of the server name for servers running AutoStew? It'd make it a LOT easier to find/filter relevant servers in the list...

Our servers all have the word - AUTOSTEWED at the end ;)

dhosein
20-05-2016, 10:16
Our servers all have the word - AUTOSTEWED at the end ;)

That's exactly the sort of thing - it's really helpful. But would be more helpful if everyone running an Autostew server did the same.

I figured [AS] doesn't take up much space from the server name (which only has so many characters available anyways) and would be useful alongside the similar convention used to highlight languages [IT], [FR], [GER] et al.

Rodders
20-05-2016, 11:21
I think the AS guys are working on the ability to join servers from the AS website. So go onto their site, look for active races you like and join from there ;)

I reckon it's also good to have an indicator in the server name regardless.

Riccardo De Rosa
06-06-2016, 08:37
it would be useful to have a filter in the records section for each server.

Dalhil
06-06-2016, 08:53
it would be useful to have a filter in the records section for each server.

agree, i already asked (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46276-Autostew-making-online-racing-fun!-(WORK-IN-PROGRESS)-(PC-only)&p=1270766&viewfull=1#post1270766) but still don't know if developers are oriented to add this feature in the future or not

Rodders
10-06-2016, 19:28
Would love to know when the minimum safety rating controls to join will be active. Screaming out for it - in a nice way of course :)

Raymond de Vries
18-06-2016, 17:16
I wanted to start a server with just 1 class/car and not GT3 for a change. And i choose the Formula Rookie or IRL Formula Ford.

The name of the server became; Ray's Rookie Races.
And because my intention was to integrate AutoStew, i placed [AS] in front of it.

So i started reading and downloaded the DS and installed a updated server.cfg file.
Then the server was there! :)
Then it was gone.
Then it was gone.

Meanwhile i registered to the AS ds-admin section.

Then it was gone.
Then it was gone.

I went bezerk and it seems my router does not support forwarding and stuff :(

So i decided i wanted the server online and grabed a host service. A nice one, and it's Online now 24/7 :)

[AS] Ray's Rookie Racing.

I added a server with all infos and tested the link adress:9000 and it works.
Server is running!, Players are in there, but AS-website say's it is not running.

Is this normal? What is going to happen next?

Grtz,
Ray

Raymond de Vries
18-06-2016, 18:24
agree, i already asked (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46276-Autostew-making-online-racing-fun!-(WORK-IN-PROGRESS)-(PC-only)&p=1270766&viewfull=1#post1270766) but still don't know if developers are oriented to add this feature in the future or not

Here (http://waffle.io/Autostew/autostew) you can see/follow the progress in Autostew development/features/requests wafflewise.
You can add a issue/request.

Grtz.

Raymond de Vries
19-06-2016, 12:47
@Blak
Is the contact Form active at the autostew site?

F1_Racer68
20-06-2016, 19:12
I wanted to start a server with just 1 class/car and not GT3 for a change. And i choose the Formula Rookie or IRL Formula Ford.

The name of the server became; Ray's Rookie Races.
And because my intention was to integrate AutoStew, i placed [AS] in front of it.

So i started reading and downloaded the DS and installed a updated server.cfg file.
Then it was gone.
Then it was gone.

Meanwhile i registered to the AS ds-admin section.

Then it was gone.
Then it was gone.

I went bezerk and it seems my router does not support forwarding and stuff :(

So i decided i wanted the server online and grabed a host service. A nice one, and it's Online now 24/7 :)

[AS] Ray's Rookie Racing.

I added a server with all infos and tested the link adress:9000 and it works.
Server is running!, Players are in there, but AS-website say's it is not running.

Is this normal? What is going to happen next?

Grtz,
Ray

Do you mind sharing which host service? I am looking for something fairly inexpensive and also North America based. I assume your's is EU based?

Raymond de Vries
20-06-2016, 20:06
Yes. This server is based in Germany.
Rackservice.org
You also have the option for server in u.s.
And optionally a ts3/mumble server.
They also have good support. They answered me within a hour with al my tickets.
Grtz

Raymond de Vries
23-06-2016, 19:24
Nevermind Autostew, i give up for now.
i will kick manualy. and hope to find an other way, like the guy with Nürburgring server.

Grtz

Rodders
27-06-2016, 18:23
Anyone know where the AS dudes are as it's been silent on the dev front for about 4 weeks now?

Completely appreciate this is done in your own time guys and the efforts so far have been excellent - just excited to see what happens next or know if you've had to cease development for now?

Eli
27-06-2016, 21:53
This seems like the ideal server but have not seen it online yet. I do hope that you guys get this server filled up because racing online in my first week of playing Pcars seems really poor.

Charger
28-06-2016, 01:08
Look out for RWB Racing, it's active every day with Autostew on it.

Eli
29-06-2016, 08:51
So I joined the autostew empty server and have had a good 2 hours of playing with a max. of around 12 racers. That is what I am looking for! I think it is nice to have these stats registered autostew.net and compare to the other

Rodders
30-06-2016, 10:58
So I joined the autostew empty server and have had a good 2 hours of playing with a max. of around 12 racers. That is what I am looking for! I think it is nice to have these stats registered autostew.net and compare to the other

AS is helping keep the worst sorts from ruining play at the moment however until you can set minimum safety ratings to join servers and people start realising they can't even join a large number of the popular servers, it's not quite sinking in for many. TBH I'd say most people joining our servers don't even know what it is so you still get a lot of poor driving.

It's a step in the right direction but still no substitute for an alert server admin. We tend to always have at least 1 member monitoring and kicking on our servers.

I'll say this though, don't get too precious about your safety and driver rating as we've found it starts to make the racing just a bit too serious and makes tempers fray more. Outwith league races and events, we tend to want fair racing but fun racing, with accidents taken in good nature. When you start stat chasing I find it ruins things a bit. Just keep your safety rating in a reasonable place and it's all good ;)

F1_Racer68
30-06-2016, 14:48
AS is helping keep the worst sorts from ruining play at the moment however until you can set minimum safety ratings to join servers and people start realising they can't even join a large number of the popular servers, it's not quite sinking in for many. TBH I'd say most people joining our servers don't even know what it is so you still get a lot of poor driving.

It's a step in the right direction but still no substitute for an alert server admin. We tend to always have at least 1 member monitoring and kicking on our servers.

I'll say this though, don't get too precious about your safety and driver rating as we've found it starts to make the racing just a bit too serious and makes tempers fray more. Outwith league races and events, we tend to want fair racing but fun racing, with accidents taken in good nature. When you start stat chasing I find it ruins things a bit. Just keep your safety rating in a reasonable place and it's all good ;)

^^ Bingo! That's the key to finding the balance for a system that will actually work. To strict and you either make it too competitive or risk creating a very fractured community with small grids on each server. Too loose a policy and it renders the system useless.

It's a fine line between one scenario and the other.

dhosein
01-07-2016, 09:39
I never seem to see AS servers running these days - although plenty in the idle list. Are servers not running AS any more for some reason?

Raymond de Vries
01-07-2016, 09:58
A lot of those are new servers, but they need to be activated manualy by one of the autostew devs.

Rodders
01-07-2016, 13:16
I never seem to see AS servers running these days - although plenty in the idle list. Are servers not running AS any more for some reason?

The RWB servers have it working more often that not. They drop off sometimes but usually come back pretty quickly and I think there is some sort of auto-reconnect setup.

We have people on most nights.

Riccardo De Rosa
07-07-2016, 09:57
I believe that it has been abandoned... Not answer from long time and not update.

hophans
07-07-2016, 09:58
I believe that it has been abandoned... Not answer from long time and not update.

I have been making a port of it.
It is WIP but working atm.

Rodders
07-07-2016, 12:26
Interesting! Keep us posted how you get on please.

Rodders
07-07-2016, 12:29
RWB 2 not connected anymore as I had to change the API port and no idea if/when the AS guys can re-configure at their end.

hophans
07-07-2016, 13:53
I have ported AutoStew, Working and running.

It did require a good amount of work to port it from a virtual environment to a dedicated server and ALOT of rewriting.
I am currently testing for stability witch the original autostew suffered from but it looks very good at the moment.

I run this on a test base for a league/race group at the moment but for serious people that want a look at it you can pm me.

Charger
07-07-2016, 14:40
PM'd

Raymond de Vries
10-07-2016, 03:58
New HamsterStew logo looks great guys. So far no problems here. Grtz

Jason PLAdoh
10-07-2016, 18:24
Raced on Autostew this afternoon, only five of us, but was good fun, very clean racing, I spun, My bad, Probably second race since buying the game where I was not smashed of track.

Well done hophans, I will be seeking out Autostew servers from now on.

Project cars Team really ought to get on board with this.

J

Bearboy
18-07-2016, 08:41
Great work hophans :cool: