PDA

View Full Version : Why is it the worst drivers have the most elitist attitudes online?

Redslayer
02-04-2016, 20:38
I had a guy yesterday using the whole "I had the line" "It's the rear cars job to pass cleanly!" spiel after wrecking one of my friends (Ironically, as the passing car lol) and then running into me and nearly wrecking me repeatedly before finally just flat out ramming me as hard as he could a few times and spinning himself out on a straight away lol.

We argued afterwards, and I tried to explain to him that just because you have the lead spot entering a corner doesn't mean you hold your line to a T no matter what and just wreck anyone around you. If that were the case, there would never be any passing in real life racing of any sort. But he was so sure he was perfect and I was wrong I may as well have argued with my Dr pepper can about the incidents.

One of which he started cleanly behind me and dive bombed me nearly killing us both lol. But apparently he had the line on that too lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAIaO7CKUaA

Description on the vid has more details of each incident. And while I admit, the last one I could have tried a little harder to avoid, after being repeatedly hit by someone, you tend to stop giving them extra space, and had he held his line, there would have been no contact anyway.

Normally I would have just glossed over the whole ordeal and chalked it up as just another bad driver. But his elitist tone and refusal to take blame for anything pissed me off a bit. lol.

Titzon Toast
03-04-2016, 12:17
Looks like you found yourself racing against a world class grasshole there, he seemed determined to use hotlapping lines in a race, you can't do that.
Watching him spin out at the end was good.

hkraft300
03-04-2016, 12:43
^+1
Doesn't matter if you have the line but got a guy next to you on the exit, you don't run wide, push him off track and expect him to concede the wrestling match and drop the anchor.

Give him space drag him to the next corner and the next: see who buckles first and who comes out on top = racing.

That guy wasn't very much in control of his car.

Haiden
03-04-2016, 13:54
That guy was obviously an idiot. Lot of them online. I was in an FA race yesterday, passed a guy on the straight, coming out of Eau Rouge--just dusted him. There was a huge gap between us as I approached the next turn. I hit the brakes, start to turn in, and wham! Out of nowhere he dive bombs into the inside and nails me. Total jerk move, because there was absolutely no way he was going to take that turn at that speed. He was just pissed that I passed him. Luckily damage was turned off, which I actually didn't realize until he hit me and my car was fine...LOL.

Redslayer
03-04-2016, 17:37
^+1
Doesn't matter if you have the line but got a guy next to you on the exit, you don't run wide, push him off track and expect him to concede the wrestling match and drop the anchor.

Give him space drag him to the next corner and the next: see who buckles first and who comes out on top = racing.

That guy wasn't very much in control of his car.

Well honestly, if he'd held his line, I'd have backed out before we got to the turn at the end, and tried again in the next turn. I was blatantly faster than he was, but as you could see, any time I got near him, I got run off the track. The one where he turned into the side of me when I had the inside, I could have simply stayed on the throttle and forced him off and possibly crashed us both, but instead, I backed out trying my best not to wreck us both. By the end, I simply couldn't drive for both of us anymore lol.

After he spun is when he started running his mouth. Acting like I had been wrecking him the whole race lol. I wish I could have recorded the voice chat. Granted, I wouldn't have been able to post it on here due to language >.> What's real crazy is, I wasn't even actually that mad about it until he started acting like I was in the wrong the whole time. Even after that last contact I was only mildly irritated. I was satisfied with the fact that he spun himself lol.

hkraft300
03-04-2016, 22:38
When you were chasing him it was clear the type of driver he is, the way he punted off the other guy. The way he was going you didn't have much choice but to dive bomb to try get past him anyway.
But the attitude would've ticked me off too. Some guys really lack situational awareness and, like toast said, racing like he's alone on track and owns it - that's not racing.
How's it a race if everyone just moves out of the way for you and gives up their position?

maxx69
06-04-2016, 15:24
I was called a few names that weren't that flattering by a guy the other night . This guy rammed me from behind and then went off track , trying to pass on the outside of the corner . He then tried ramming me off the race line to get back on track.....then he tried to ram me again on the next corner and put himself in a spin and off into the sand trap . Then gave me a load of abuse saying I was driving dirty .
I just left the race and remembered why I don't race randoms online as nearly every race is ruined by idiots who use you as a brake .
Send me a psn and I'll invite you to our community of clean racers , we have regular events and impromptu meets

Redslayer
06-04-2016, 18:35
I was called a few names that weren't that flattering by a guy the other night . This guy rammed me from behind and then went off track , trying to pass on the outside of the corner . He then tried ramming me off the race line to get back on track.....then he tried to ram me again on the next corner and put himself in a spin and off into the sand trap . Then gave me a load of abuse saying I was driving dirty .
I just left the race and remembered why I don't race randoms online as nearly every race is ruined by idiots who use you as a brake .
Send me a psn and I'll invite you to our community of clean racers , we have regular events and impromptu meets

Whats your PSN? I'm always looking for people to at random lol. I don't race super consistently once summer sets in but still.

hkraft300
06-04-2016, 22:34
Gentlemen, meet:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26968-PS4-NAME-THE-*OTHER*-CLEAN-DRIVERS

Don't be shy, now! ;)

Redslayer
07-04-2016, 02:35
Gentlemen, meet:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26968-PS4-NAME-THE-*OTHER*-CLEAN-DRIVERS

Don't be shy, now! ;)

That one guy in the video in post 5 had the line! Why didn't he run that guy off the track?

maxx69
07-04-2016, 13:56
Whats your PSN? I'm always looking for people to at random lol. I don't race super consistently once summer sets in but still.

PSN , Maxx69 .
More than welcome to join up , bud :)

EvilEd71
07-04-2016, 21:41
i think this has more to do with spacial awareness ..there just isnt the awareness in a game as in real life if driving in cockpit view ...hopefully VR will make it better when it comes out ...but its pretty pricey .

Redslayer
07-04-2016, 22:50
i think this has more to do with spacial awareness ..there just isnt the awareness in a game as in real life if driving in cockpit view ...hopefully VR will make it better when it comes out ...but its pretty pricey .

Did you watch the video? lol. Sometimes I can understand awareness not being the best, and a little contact doesn't bother me (in fact, if you never make contact, you aren't trying hard enough lol) but there's a line where it becomes unreasonable. And that guy crossed it repeatedly.