PDA

View Full Version : Advice on AI difficulty

LeMansnut
03-04-2016, 11:30
I took part in a solo race at Le Mans & drove the Audi LMP1 Prototype with a car setup used from the Project Cars car setup site. I had difficulty of AI set to 100% and still found myself driving past other AI LMP1 prototypes.

My question is how do you make the AI cars more difficult if you're using car setups that get you round the circuit quicker.

hkraft300
03-04-2016, 12:30
- make your pit strategy worse to reduce your advantage.
- make your car slower to reduce your advantage.
- join a league and race people.
- pick a "slower" car.

BTW were you driving the Audi R18 eTron or the R18 TDi? The TDi is a bit slower, but not by much at fast tracks.

Shadowoff
03-04-2016, 14:06
- make your pit strategy worse to reduce your advantage.
- make your car slower to reduce your advantage.
- join a league and race people.
- pick a "slower" car.

BTW were you driving the Audi R18 eTron or the R18 TDi? The TDi is a bit slower, but not by much at fast tracks.

Ye:

-Turn restrictor down (Im still faster then lol)
-choose just hard tires
-ask SMS to improve the AI
-use highest down force

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
03-04-2016, 14:23
The AI seems to have slowed down in an update that came not too long ago. I've been doing a series of races with a friend, we're using Road B cars and purposefully slowing them down to enable the AI to fight with us. In the first three races we ended up around 8th and 9th places in every race, the AI controlled BAC Monos and McLaren F1s being outright faster, with no way to beat them barring accidents and pit strategy. Then suddenly in the last two races we're easily finishing 1st and 2nd. It's a shame but there's not much that can be done about it.

kevin kirk
03-04-2016, 16:14
For me several things play a big part in the AI. For when I'm running at the front,not having a good amount of time for quali to take place is the biggest. A short quali means the cars that have to warm up their tires don't get enough time to warm up their tires and get a good lap. You might as well set the grid to random because you end up with the slow cars and fasts cars all mixed up. That will make you seem faster simply because your racing a car that really should have started way back in the grid and the car you should be racing that matches your speed is stuck back in the pack from his quali on cold tires. Then you have the matter of the fast cars getting damage from coming up thur the pack also slowing them down. To have a competitive race, I have to set the AI more for how slow I become with tire fall off rather than set them to how fast I am. I allways seem like the fastest in the early part of the race and early parts of the run. Its when tire wear, track change, and alittle damage takes effect. The slow A.I become faster than me.

Mahjik
03-04-2016, 23:55
The AI is at a disadvantage on tracks with long straights. Unfortunately, there aren't separate AI setups for each track, so the AI won't be running low downforce and adjusted gears. The only way to even it out is is to run a fairly default setups against the AI.

kevin kirk
04-04-2016, 00:41
The AI is at a disadvantage on tracks with long straights. Unfortunately, there aren't separate AI setups for each track, so the AI won't be running low downforce and adjusted gears. The only way to even it out is is to run a fairly default setups against the AI.....I was wondering if the AI ever slow down their pace for what ever reason. Then pick their pace back up. Maybe to save tires or cool down their tires or what ever, or are they running as fast as they can go every lap all the time.

Mahjik
04-04-2016, 01:02
....I was wondering if the AI ever slow down their pace for what ever reason. Then pick their pace back up. Maybe to save tires or cool down their tires or what ever, or are they running as fast as they can go every lap all the time.

As far as I know, they run as hard as they can and are only slowed by damage...

danowat
04-04-2016, 08:45
The AI seems to have slowed down in an update that came not too long ago.

Definitely worse in some cars than others, the AI now seem to really struggle to drive the RUF GT3