PDA

View Full Version : Fanatec CSP v3 not working plugged into the wheel

Ramiboo
04-04-2016, 19:05
Hi guys, not sure if anyone has had this before and before I log a call with Fanatec I thought I'd ask. I've been racing on PC for a while and was going to jump back into the PS4 for a couple of races with old friends. Unfortunately when I plug my pedals into my wheel directly the inputs do not recognise. Even if I go to assign the inputs first then calibrate I get nothing. The wheel base and M3 GT wheel register without a problem.

I'm running the latest firmware on both. And they both work fine on USB on the PC.

Many thanks

TrevorAustin
04-04-2016, 19:30
Hi guys, not sure if anyone has had this before and before I log a call with Fanatec I thought I'd ask. I've been racing on PC for a while and was going to jump back into the PS4 for a couple of races with old friends. Unfortunately when I plug my pedals into my wheel directly the inputs do not recognise. Even if I go to assign the inputs first then calibrate I get nothing. The wheel base and M3 GT wheel register without a problem.

I'm running the latest firmware on both. And they both work fine on USB on the PC.

Many thanks

Have you edited assignments to the correct joystick buttons and checked in the fanatec csw control panel?

Ramiboo
04-04-2016, 23:03
Hi Trevor, I've connected them to the PC via the wheel too with no joy. There's a tick box to say the pedals are connected but it didn't do anything. I've tried to assign the correct joystick buttons but when I depress the pedal to assign it doesn't recognise that a button was pressed.

Haiden
05-04-2016, 15:00
Try reflashing the firmware with the pedals connected to the wheel base.

RomKnight
05-04-2016, 15:06
A couple of things:
Dont use both USB and base connections at the same time. This can also damage the electronics.
Make sure you dont have the wheel in ps3 mode by mistake or vice versa - PC
Sometimes just reinstalling the drivers - remove them, reboot, install, reboot - suffice.

Ramiboo
06-04-2016, 05:10
Thanks guys. I've done the suggestions above and no joy. I'll raise a support case. The wheel and pedals are new but the CSW v2 base is second hand, 14 months old. Hopefully the support/warranty carry over if something is wrong.