PDA

View Full Version : On Demand?

DaGengster
05-04-2016, 15:04
I just got the game yesterday and I read about the On demand thing on the site.
Can someone explain to me what it is? It seems like a season pass (As in you get all the dlcs for free if you buy this subscription thing) but I cant figure out how to actually buy it or even how much it is.
When I clicked on the on demand box ingame, it just brought me to the dlc list on steam.

Raven403
05-04-2016, 15:08
Honest answer is......It just means the DLC is broken up into different packs. Available separately through Steam. Far as I know there is no season pass. The Game of the Year Edition coming out in May will have all the DLC included in it tho. But the DLC packs are available in the Steam Store.

cluck
05-04-2016, 16:56
^^^ what the Raven said :). Way back when, a Season Pass was mooted but it was too risky to commit to guaranteeing content at specific times, so SMS moved to monthly DLC packs instead. Some contain just cars, some contain a track and cars. Free cars have also been released, which you should have automatically in your car list :).

There's currently only one more DLC pack that we know about coming and that's due out on the 6th of May, to coincide with the GOTY (Game of The Year) edition. It will contain the 24-hour layout of the Nürburgring circuit and 2 new Pagani cars (Pagani Zonda Revolucion and Pagani Huayra BC, which will be exclusive to Project CARS).

MysterG
05-04-2016, 17:01
I think the 'On Demand' moniker was a slightly (IMO) confusing way of saying "You choose whatever DLC you want" rather than having to pay for stuff that might not interest you.

FR-Alan
06-04-2016, 11:49
But if you intend to play in VR on demand through oculus store, they will probably "demand" you to buy all dlc or to buy the GOTY edition.

cluck
06-04-2016, 11:51
But if you intend to play in VR on demand through oculus store, they will probably "demand" you to buy all dlc or to buy the GOTY edition.The Oculus Store version contains all the DLC already, including the upcoming pack :). It is already equivalent to the GOTY edition.

Bealdor
06-04-2016, 11:52
But if you intend to play in VR on demand through oculus store, they will probably "demand" you to buy all dlc or to buy the GOTY edition.

... or just use the Steam version you already own. :rolleyes:

Edit: Ninja edit