PDA

View Full Version : Buying Pcars for PC

oneBIGkicker
06-04-2016, 15:07
PC just arrived yesterday!!
Went to buy Pcars from steam, and saw cost $45? I thought the price was dropped to 20 range?
Is there a better way to get PCars for PC than $45 thru steam?

if not, ill pony up for the cost.

Siberian Tiger
06-04-2016, 15:11
There where some Sales when the Price dropped....
https://www.steamprices.com/de/app/234630/project-cars

And there is also the pCars GOTY Edition which will be released on 6th of May including all DLC!

AbeWoz
06-04-2016, 15:27
PC just arrived yesterday!!
Went to buy Pcars from steam, and saw cost $45? I thought the price was dropped to 20 range?
Is there a better way to get PCars for PC than $45 thru steam?

if not, ill pony up for the cost.

personally I would wait until the GOTY edition comes out May 6th. It will include base game plus all DLC

Ch1ps N Queso
06-04-2016, 17:00
Buy a steam key for under 30 on G2A.

Edit: looks like the price went up. Now around 37.

Anddd when you're ready you should join us on Sunday nights. We're all console to PC guys as well.

RomKnight
06-04-2016, 17:07
I'd also wait for the GotY edition ATM.

Ch1ps N Queso
06-04-2016, 17:16
A guy is coming over from Shitbox One, just got his snazzy new PC, and you guys expect him to wait a month to play pCARS on it. Hahaha

AbeWoz
06-04-2016, 17:35
A guy is coming over from Shitbox One, just got his snazzy new PC, and you guys expect him to wait a month to play pCARS on it. Hahaha

I'm in the exact same boat. and TBH i've had close to zero issues with my console version. I just wanted to switch to PC for better immersion, leagues, mods, etc.
I actually race (on XB1) with a guy who plays primarily on computer, and he even said the console version is not the shit box that some people make it out to be.
It's been exponentially improved since launch, but regardless, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

RomKnight
06-04-2016, 17:55

Well, GotY Edition its just around the corner and it'll bring all updates and content in probably a more fair price.

For someone who's moving to pc ( :thumbs_up: BTW :) ) I guess it is the smart move. Not that I'm the most patient guy :D but I think it is the best advice for someone that waited this long. Besides tomorrow we'll know when the new free car will be available so best guesses for GotY and a decision from the OP can be made :)

oneBIGkicker
06-04-2016, 18:32

was thinking same, I have been waiting on PC, waiting on Monitors, stands, Rig, adaptors, Now I need to wait a month to save some coin.

Not yet sure if I will wait or pay more, I have some other sim titles on PC that I can do for free for a bit, so will just wait for now. (but that might change when I get home)

Thanks again for help and info!

Ch1ps N Queso
06-04-2016, 19:06
was thinking same, I have been waiting on PC, waiting on Monitors, stands, Rig, adaptors, Now I need to wait a month to save some coin.

Not yet sure if I will wait or pay more, I have some other sim titles on PC that I can do for free for a bit, so will just wait for now. (but that might change when I get home)

Thanks again for help and info!

Good luck and enjoy your new PC.

daohaus
07-04-2016, 22:53
recent convert as well. Sold off all my pCARS title on xboxone and PS4 now it's all in on the PC

rauf0
07-04-2016, 23:00
https://isthereanydeal.com/#/search:project%20cars;/scroll:%23gamelist

Silraed
08-04-2016, 13:45

Nobody expects him to do anything. People were just making it known that the GOTY edition will be released in about a month and will be significantly cheaper overall, which seems relevant because he seems to be in position where saving money is important. You know, giving advice like the poster asked for.