PDA

View Full Version : Custom Career Tool - Custom Career Championships

crowtrobot
06-04-2016, 16:19
CUSTOM CAREER TOOL v0.80

by crowtrobot 051616

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sr9k8tmf2uarm6m/Custom_Career_Tool_v0.81_by_crowtrobot.rar

***REQUIREMENTS***

Custom Career Tool 0.81 by crowtrobot rar file

This mod alters the unpacked career files. Please back up your Project CARS Profile before using. Author is not responsible for lost save data or broken profiles or bans.

IMPORTANT NOTE W.R.T. PCARS UPDATES: Further updates to pCARS will prevent the mod from activating properly until the mod files are updated as well. Any alterations to the
career sessions will be lost if the mod is not activated properly.

This mod is intended to allow the user to modify the sessions and grids in Project CARS Career Mode.

Installation instructions:

Unrar Custom_Career_Tool_vXX_by_crowtrobot to <Steam_Directory>\steamapps\common\pCARS - there should be a pCARS_Custom_Career shortcut in this directory, and a folder MODS with folder for Custom_Career_Tool in it at this point.
Run JSGME tool and add Custom_Career_Tool.
Run the Custom_Career_Tool shortcut to start the application.
Select an event on the left to modify race/session parameters. This will also enable modification of the grid.
Click Assign Session to write an individual session (practice 1, qualifying, race...) and/or click Assign Teams to write grid changes.
Run JSGME tool and add Custom_Career_Tool.
Enjoy. Exit pCARS, deactivate in JSGME, re-run Tool and re-activate for further changes.

NOTES:

If Updating from earlier version, unpack everything except the following files, or back them up in your MODS\Custom_Career_Tool directory and replace them after unpacking: \championships\career_championships.bin, \championships\careermotorsportteams.bin, \championships\career_contracts.bin
Tool replaces Test Track Boa Ascent with Willow Springs. This changes a race in one of the invitationals.
Tool creates .bak backup files of all altered files. If anything goes wrong, press Reset button to return to original state.

Change Log:

v0.81 - 051616: Updated for patch 11.
v0.80 - 040616: Initial Version.

crowtrobot
06-04-2016, 16:19
Additional Notes:

Tool only alters current career events. Adding races/sessions/vehicles is not available.
At this time, I have no means of checking a user's DLC purchases, so only non-DLC cars are available for contracts (player-driveable cars) until a time where I can figure a way to verify ownership. DLC cars can still be added to the grid for NPC drivers.
There are no checks for #pit slots for the track, so adding a series with a large grid to a small circuit without pitlane capacity will probably break.
Career mode seems pretty robust w.r.t. handling changes to the files - I haven't run into serious issues with my profile save if I forget to activate the mod before starting Project CARS. The contract and series vehicles recover nicely. The session parameters are loaded at startup though, so if you forget to activate the mod after starting a modified career, the current session will default back to its original state.
That said, I wouldn't recommend continuing the Career in this state, this is untested.

Shadowoff
06-04-2016, 16:34
Good to see that youve been able to release it. IŽll love it

E_Luckow
06-04-2016, 16:36
You are the man!!! Thank you very much!!

Shadowoff
06-04-2016, 16:38
Is it possible to combine it with the custom livery tool?

crowtrobot
06-04-2016, 16:39
I just realized, this is only for the 64-bit version. I will upload a 32-bit version shortly.

Shadowoff
06-04-2016, 16:43
In WEC I cant choose the Corvette and Aston GTE :( Issue or wanted?

crowtrobot
06-04-2016, 16:48
Additional Notes:

Tool only alters current career events. Adding races/sessions/vehicles is not available.
At this time, I have no means of checking a user's DLC purchases, so only non-DLC cars are available for contracts (player-driveable cars) until a time where I can figure a way to verify ownership. DLC cars can still be added to the grid for NPC drivers.
There are no checks for #pit slots for the track, so adding a series with a large grid to a small circuit without pitlane capacity will probably break.
Career mode seems pretty robust w.r.t. handling changes to the files - I haven't run into serious issues with my profile save if I forget to activate the mod before starting Project CARS. The contract and series vehicles recover nicely. The session parameters are loaded at startup though, so if you forget to activate the mod after starting a modified career, the current session will default back to its original state.
That said, I wouldn't recommend continuing the Career in this state, this is untested.

See notes. If it's not appearing for non-bolded entries (non-contract), then yes it's a bug; I'm not seeing that here though.

crowtrobot
06-04-2016, 17:24
32-bit version's going to be a while, the 32-bit career binary is packed much tighter; it's going to require a separate branch of code to parse it out.

E_Luckow
06-04-2016, 17:35
Thank you again. I have to run the game in 32 bits. In 64 bits I experience very odds stutters.

Shadowoff
06-04-2016, 17:36
I cant choose the Ruf RGT8 in the WEC :( It get replaced by the oreca lmp2 or BMW m3 :/

Edit: Also not the Z4

Edit Edit: My fault... Forgot that I start in Tri Nations GT... SORRY

Slowsley
07-04-2016, 09:32
Just to clarify, you can't change the grids at all, can you? If I understand correctly, you are just able to select a contract for any car/livery on offer by SMS in that series, or does this work in conjunction with the custom grid tool somehow? Just to note, the original post says to run Custom_Grid_Tool and then open Custom_Career_Tool, but I'm thinking that this was a type-o.

Like say I wanted to make a Blancpain GT3 series that has 5 endurance races, but no GT3 series on offer has 5 races...I wish we could just find any series with 5 races in it and put a GT3 grid into it, but as I understand, it seems like there are current limitations to making that possible.

crowtrobot
07-04-2016, 12:25
Just to clarify, you can't change the grids at all, can you? If I understand correctly, you are just able to select a contract for any car/livery on offer by SMS in that series, or does this work in conjunction with the custom grid tool somehow? Just to note, the original post says to run Custom_Grid_Tool and then open Custom_Career_Tool, but I'm thinking that this was a type-o.

Like say I wanted to make a Blancpain GT3 series that has 5 endurance races, but no GT3 series on offer has 5 races...I wish we could just find any series with 5 races in it and put a GT3 grid into it, but as I understand, it seems like there are current limitations to making that possible.
You can change the grids for series where it is sensible (GT4, GT3, Endurance, LMP). I disabled the single-make entries since all of the liveries are included already, not much sense in altering the grid in these cases.

To change the grid:

Click on an entry in the table on the right and then use the drop down boxes to select a vehicle, then a livery. There are only certain liveries that are available to the career mode.
Bolded entries are contracts.

It is possible to edit the series/grid/contracts to fully change say the Formula A series to a longer GT3 series, but I will have to bring out more controls in the GUI. I didn't include these as I haven't yet put the thought into how the UI will work, or what ramifications it could have on the career mode (i.e. if you edit a series to allow GT3, join the series, but forget contracts, you get stuck with no way to start the career, etc)

Hope that helps.

Slowsley
07-04-2016, 13:45
You can change the grids for series where it is sensible (GT4, GT3, Endurance, LMP). I disabled the single-make entries since all of the liveries are included already, not much sense in altering the grid in these cases.

To change the grid:

Click on an entry in the table on the right and then use the drop down boxes to select a vehicle, then a livery. There are only certain liveries that are available to the career mode.
Bolded entries are contracts.

It is possible to edit the series/grid/contracts to fully change say the Formula A series to a longer GT3 series, but I will have to bring out more controls in the GUI. I didn't include these as I haven't yet put the thought into how the UI will work, or what ramifications it could have on the career mode (i.e. if you edit a series to allow GT3, join the series, but forget contracts, you get stuck with no way to start the career, etc)

Hope that helps.

Ahh ok I see now. I think I've got it all. It would be great if someway the predefined careers in the game were just used in your tool as a the way you have to select the number of races in your series, but as far as what they're called or what's on the grid, that could be up to the user. But without knowing anything about it, I could imagine that significantly increasing the time put into creating it, and I could see how you'd want to actually play sometime. Thanks once again man, I'm sure that I'll cook up something good with it! I'm thinking Blanpain Enduro with (hopefully) that 488 on the way. Do you plan to get mod cars in there?

crowtrobot
07-04-2016, 15:16
Ahh ok I see now. I think I've got it all. It would be great if someway the predefined careers in the game were just used in your tool as a the way you have to select the number of races in your series, but as far as what they're called or what's on the grid, that could be up to the user. But without knowing anything about it, I could imagine that significantly increasing the time put into creating it, and I could see how you'd want to actually play sometime. Thanks once again man, I'm sure that I'll cook up something good with it! I'm thinking Blanpain Enduro with (hopefully) that 488 on the way. Do you plan to get mod cars in there?
Yeah, changing the names of the events is out of the scope of the project for me. Changing the name in the binary falls into the "adding things" category unfortunately; this tool can just rearrange what has been provided by SMS. Also, I don't think it would be a simple task to get the event in-game once the name was changed. Like you said, I do want to actually play the game at some point :)

Once SMS/Machine Dojo releases some sort of structure for the way the mod cars are implemented, I'll do my best to get them in the career mode.

shiftee
07-04-2016, 17:23
awesome work and I am excited to try this out tonight, but a little confused on set up. Do I use this tool before accepting my next contract and edit the series I am going to join -- or do I accept the contract first and then before starting it, exit game and change the variables with this tool (I am currently at the end of a season in my career).

also, do you really deactivate the mod in JSGME after playing every time, and then re-activate it before you launch pcars every time -- or is this just for when you are done with a season and need to make changes to your next series? in other words, should it stay active in JSGME as long as you are running the same settings, or do you need to deactivate and reactivate each time regardless?

crowtrobot
07-04-2016, 17:40
awesome work and I am excited to try this out tonight, but a little confused on set up. Do I use this tool before accepting my next contract and edit the series I am going to join -- or do I accept the contract first and then before starting it, exit game and change the variables with this tool (I am currently at the end of a season in my career).

also, do you really deactivate the mod in JSGME after playing every time, and then re-activate it before you launch pcars every time -- or is this just for when you are done with a season and need to make changes to your next series? in other words, should it stay active in JSGME as long as you are running the same settings, or do you need to deactivate and reactivate each time regardless?
I haven't tried modifying a currently signed contract, I only tested new careers. I found that if you start a career race with a modified contract and the mod deactivated, it will still load the modified contract, so my guess would be that you'd either have to finish the season or start new to change cars. Session parameters are loaded at startup, so even if your next race on the calendar is scheduled to be Spa for example, if you edit the race to be Lemans and restart pCARS, the next career race will be at Lemans.

You should leave the mod activated in JSGME until you want to change something. So if you finish a race and then want to change the location of the next race, or change weather in one of the upcoming sessions, you'd have to deactivate and re-activate. Same if you want to change the grid or a car for a contract. All JSGME does is basically copy+paste files and create backups, so think about it like you're modifying the files in the MODS directory using the tool, then copying them over to the Project CARS working directory.

shiftee
09-04-2016, 01:13
Ok after switching my desktop from 4K to 1080p, I was able to get this tool running no problem. I noticed the DLC tracks were available so I tried them, but they just got stuck on the loading screen in career. I assume this is because you were not able to find a way to verify users had paid for the content? Would be cool if SMS helped you out in that regard, seeing as the tracks should have been seamlessly integrated into an existing carreer anyway like most of their competitors do with DLC.

Would be cool if you were able to switch to any car (even road cars) as you mentioned above, as really that's the last restriction as far as using any track and any car. Sounds like that could be a headache though, great job on this… Going to keep me playing career for a looooong time. like til Pcars2 drops... Your hard work is much appreciated!!!

Oh last question, should this load before the AI lights mod or after ? I currently have career tool loading first, seems to make more sense but haven't raced in bad weather yet.

Robes
09-04-2016, 09:35
So I've given this a bash however I can't seem to get random weather to work. Any ideas?

Also, weirdly the game now turns my first name into ******** in career mode.

Robes
09-04-2016, 10:20
scrap that, random weather is working. I didn't realise you needed to re-activate the mod.

Robes
09-04-2016, 14:20
So, my take on this is that it's really fantastic and brings alive the career mode. However, the random weather is just that - random weather. It could be stormy in practice beautiful sunshine in qualy and fog in the race. It's clear why SMS didn't implement it because it needs a control the flow of the weather.

I was thinking, it would be great to set up say 20 or so weather lists and then assign those to each race randomly - would that be possible? Each year the races could all be randomised again but the weather slots would tell a story and not be competely random. Does that make sense?

crowtrobot
09-04-2016, 15:53
Ok after switching my desktop from 4K to 1080p, I was able to get this tool running no problem. I noticed the DLC tracks were available so I tried them, but they just got stuck on the loading screen in career. I assume this is because you were not able to find a way to verify users had paid for the content? Would be cool if SMS helped you out in that regard, seeing as the tracks should have been seamlessly integrated into an existing carreer anyway like most of their competitors do with DLC.

Would be cool if you were able to switch to any car (even road cars) as you mentioned above, as really that's the last restriction as far as using any track and any car. Sounds like that could be a headache though, great job on this… Going to keep me playing career for a looooong time. like til Pcars2 drops... Your hard work is much appreciated!!!

Oh last question, should this load before the AI lights mod or after ? I currently have career tool loading first, seems to make more sense but haven't raced in bad weather yet.
The road cars are only used in the invitationals, not the career mode, so that'd again fall into "adding". I haven't bothered to look at the invitationals file, but at first blush it doesn't look too complicated.

w.r.t. AI lights: it shouldn't really matter, the AI lights mod only modifies the files in the weatherdata pakfile, so it shouldn't conflict.

shiftee
09-04-2016, 19:23
Getting the hang of this now, just had a multiclass endurance race on Willow Springs where LMP2 was the top class (replaced LMP1 with GT3/4) and random rain and fog was heavily involved. Realistic? Maybe not. Crazy Fun? Hell yeah.

crowtrobot
10-04-2016, 05:11
So, my take on this is that it's really fantastic and brings alive the career mode. However, the random weather is just that - random weather. It could be stormy in practice beautiful sunshine in qualy and fog in the race. It's clear why SMS didn't implement it because it needs a control the flow of the weather.

I was thinking, it would be great to set up say 20 or so weather lists and then assign those to each race randomly - would that be possible? Each year the races could all be randomised again but the weather slots would tell a story and not be competely random. Does that make sense?
Yeah, the truly Random behavior is something I did consider this while making the tool (thought about doing my own weighted random scheme, randomizing between groups, etc). Possible feature to include in the future if enough people are asking. For now I'm pretty content just mixing up conditions on my own, or limiting Random to one slot so you don't get a bunch of crazy conditions over the course of the race.

shiftee
11-04-2016, 17:29
Yeah, the truly Random behavior is something I did consider this while making the tool (thought about doing my own weighted random scheme, randomizing between groups, etc). Possible feature to include in the future if enough people are asking. For now I'm pretty content just mixing up conditions on my own, or limiting Random to one slot so you don't get a bunch of crazy conditions over the course of the race.

yeah I am starting to see the downside of completely random, since such a large percentage of weather types include rain -- I am getting rain in every race, multiple times per race. I don't have the options in front of me, but for example if 5 of 12 weather options has rain then you are getting 42% chance of precipitation which is obviously pretty high. then if you have random in multiple slots, you are practically guaranteeing rain at some point if the race is long enough.

I think I will start using your method of leaving only one slot random (although it pains me to know any of the weather types beforehand haha). I can live with that, but weighted would be nice...just to make the fog much more rare (I find it the least impressive visually too) and the rain slightly less common.

KkDrummer
12-04-2016, 08:33

yeah weather lists sound like a good idea. Let's say list 1 and call it Dry and give it: clear, cloudy and overcast....list 2: Dry/Wet: clear, cloudy, overcast, light rain...then list 3 with dry foggy conditions....list 4 with light foggy/light wet conditions etc... etc....

Tommi-TAG
16-04-2016, 11:15
Thanks for this great Custom Career Tool, crowtrobot.
The tool works fine for me, too. And it's amazing that you made it possible to change almost every race setting of each event. This tool makes the Career Mode more replayable and also expands the possibility of the Career Mode. I'm going to try what I've wanted to do.
Thank you! :)

KkDrummer
16-04-2016, 18:38
I can't get this to work for some reason....got it unzipped, I can run it,select championships, edit championships and assign them fine...them I assign cars and change the whole grid. I click Assign, but only the first team (two cars) remain saved, the rest of the grid goes back to the original car lineup. And when I try going to career in the game I can only continue my existing career. Can anyone can help? thanks!

crowtrobot
16-04-2016, 20:31
I can't get this to work for some reason....got it unzipped, I can run it,select championships, edit championships and assign them fine...them I assign cars and change the whole grid. I click Assign, but only the first team (two cars) remain saved, the rest of the grid goes back to the original car lineup. And when I try going to career in the game I can only continue my existing career. Can anyone can help? thanks!

If an invitational got added for the paganis got added it might throw indexing off within the code that parses out the binary. There are unfortunately a few hard coded values in my app that would need to be updated. Will check when I have access.

crowtrobot
18-04-2016, 03:29
If an invitational got added for the paganis got added it might throw indexing off within the code that parses out the binary. There are unfortunately a few hard coded values in my app that would need to be updated. Will check when I have access.
Not really sure what I was thinking when I typed this...even if anything had changed in the career file with the update, it wouldn't affect the mod, as it is using a loose copy that is independent of the pakfiles.

@ KkDrummer:

Can you tell me which discipline (GT3, Endurance, etc) you are trying to edit where you are only able to edit the first team?

And you're saying that the "New" button is not available for the career mode?

It looks like it is working here on my end.

Cornflex
18-04-2016, 07:34
Is it possible to edit the amount of weather slots per session? Would be very cool.

KkDrummer
18-04-2016, 15:55
Hey Crowtrobot! I am trying to edit LMP1 Championship. Tracks, dates/times and weather are all editable, but I can only add um team. The app saves the first entry only, I am trying to replace the entire grid with GT3 cars.

New is available. I enter my name etc... but the game takes me to default opening race in the LMP1 category (January), not the one I edited (first even should be in May). I've checked the length of the races and first race, they don't match the details of my personalized career.

Thanks!

crowtrobot
18-04-2016, 16:18
Hey Crowtrobot! I am trying to edit LMP1 Championship. Tracks, dates/times and weather are all editable, but I can only add um team. The app saves the first entry only, I am trying to replace the entire grid with GT3 cars.

New is available. I enter my name etc... but the game takes me to default opening race in the LMP1 category (January), not the one I edited (first even should be in May). I've checked the length of the races and first race, they don't match the details of my personalized career.

Thanks!
w.r.t. the personalized career not showing up: Doesn't sound like you've activated it with JSGME after you've edited. Did you remember that step?

w.r.t. the cars resetting: I am not seeing this problem here. I can change the LMP1 WorldChampion set to include all GT3 cars. Change the entries, then click Assign Teams? Make sure you change the liveries for both entries on the team, seems to crash when you click Assign if the liveries are not correctly associated with the vehicle for both teammates. It will automatically select an appropriate livery once you click on an entry (though it seems as if I missed an available livery for the Aston GT3 if you are selecting it in a contract).

All that being said, if you're changing the grid to be all GT3 cars, I don't think you'll be able to access it once everything's changed. I did not bring out the parameters that change what contracts are allowed for an event, so despite changing the contract to a GT3 vehicle, the contract type required for the event might still be stuck at LMP1, in which case you'd fail one of the entry requirements. If it works, definitely let me know.

KkDrummer
18-04-2016, 19:57
w.r.t. the personalized career not showing up: Doesn't sound like you've activated it with JSGME after you've edited. Did you remember that step?

w.r.t. the cars resetting: I am not seeing this problem here. I can change the LMP1 WorldChampion set to include all GT3 cars. Change the entries, then click Assign Teams? Make sure you change the liveries for both entries on the team, seems to crash when you click Assign if the liveries are not correctly associated with the vehicle for both teammates. It will automatically select an appropriate livery once you click on an entry (though it seems as if I missed an available livery for the Aston GT3 if you are selecting it in a contract).

All that being said, if you're changing the grid to be all GT3 cars, I don't think you'll be able to access it once everything's changed. I did not bring out the parameters that change what contracts are allowed for an event, so despite changing the contract to a GT3 vehicle, the contract type required for the event might still be stuck at LMP1, in which case you'd fail one of the entry requirements. If it works, definitely let me know.

got it working!! I reset that LMP1 career and started a GT3 UK instead. I think the problem was the JSGME which I got running before customising the championship. The only thing I need to test further is changing the date of the race....It does not seem to work, I have to stick with the default otherwise it loads the original track....Thanks for your help Crowtrobot!

111222_1234
19-04-2016, 00:54
Hey crowtrobot, unfortunately i'm part of those unable to play on the 64bits version, i tried before and my computer has issues with it, so i wonder if you made any progress towards a version of the Carrer Tool for the 32bits (i'm aware of your post #9 page #1 about the data been packed tigher) or its not possible?

On another note, thank you very much for your work, i've been using the Custom grid tool and will someday try the Custom Livery tool (a bit too heavy for my connection atm).

crowtrobot
19-04-2016, 01:02
Hey crowtrobot, unfortunately i'm part of those unable to play on the 64bits version, i tried before and my computer has issues with it, so i wonder if you made any progress towards a version of the Carrer Tool for the 32bits (i'm aware of your post #9 page #1 about the data been packed tigher) or its not possible?

On another note, thank you very much for your work, i've been using the Custom grid tool and will someday try the Custom Livery tool (a bit too heavy for my connection atm).

Hi <numbers> ;)

TBH I was looking to update the tools to use the new modding implementation today and realized I had totally forgot about the 32bit version of the Career Tool. It's going to be on the backburner for a bit, I want to get the Grid and Livery Tools up and running and working nicely with this new modding support.

The good news is that the new support will allow me to cut the size of the Livery Tool from 2GB unzipped, to around 30MB, so that should certainly help you if you have data caps!

kyroszz
26-04-2016, 21:31
crowtrobot

Thank you so much for your work dude.

I did not test your Tool yet but I'm basically reinstalling PCars because of it. :D

shiftee
27-04-2016, 17:01
crowtrobot

did you ever try contacting SMS or their forum representatives about how to detect whether a user has bought paid DLC or not? I love this tool, but I would really love to be able to add any of the DLC tracks I paid for to my career races. there must be a way, heck I'll send in a copy of all my digital receipts for a DLC version haha...

Zurzefarolas
28-04-2016, 12:21
Am I the only one with this problem?? I cannot expand the size of the UI, so I cant change the cars or skins of a championship. It does change the symbol when I try, it just will not resize.

Any ideas ??

shiftee
28-04-2016, 14:33
Am I the only one with this problem?? I cannot expand the size of the UI, so I cant change the cars or skins of a championship. It does change the symbol when I try, it just will not resize.

Any ideas ??

what is your desktop resolution? I had to change mine to 1080 in order to use this tool, did not scale well with higher resolutions.

Zurzefarolas
28-04-2016, 14:46
what is your desktop resolution? I had to change mine to 1080 in order to use this tool, did not scale well with higher resolutions.

Mine was 1440... that was the problem, thank you :)

And thanks crowtobot for this fantastic tool !

goon
28-04-2016, 14:53
Whoops, wrong thread, please ignore.

goon
30-04-2016, 08:56
I take it the tool is not working with 10.3? Every time I click to start a race I get the loading screen to go to track, then get a black screen and have to force close the game. Just checking I'm not doing something wrong.

shiftee
30-04-2016, 13:26
I take it the tool is not working with 10.3? Every time I click to start a race I get the loading screen to go to track, then get a black screen and have to force close the game. Just checking I'm not doing something wrong.

Man I was having the exact same problem and thought it was because I had just installed the Audi and Porsche mod cars, but once I uninstalled everything I still couldn't get my career to load a track without the black screen. Every time I forced project cars to close I would also have to use steam to verify my files as I would lose some each time.

I didn't realize there was even a 10.3 update since I last played, I really wish steam allowed us to not automatically update… I was perfectly happy with the game before. I hope this can get sorted out, as I don't think I can go back to playing vanilla career after using this awesome tool!

crowtrobot
30-04-2016, 13:35
I haven't had a chance to test lately, have you tried deactivating the career mod with JSGME, verifying your Game Cache (Steam: right click Project Cars -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity...), then re-activating the mod?

EDIT: I've had the same problem. Looks like there has been an update, I'll hopefully have new versions out sometime this weekend.

shiftee
10-05-2016, 17:11
EDIT: I've had the same problem. Looks like there has been an update, I'll hopefully have new versions out sometime this weekend.

I don't mean to be "that" guy, as I am sure you are busy with other stuff...but have you had a chance to look at fixing the career tool work with update 10.3? My career is pretty much stuck since update 10.3, I really hope its not anything too involved and is possible to get working again. I love this mod and don't want to go back to strictly vanilla!

crowtrobot
10-05-2016, 17:21
I don't mean to be "that" guy, as I am sure you are busy with other stuff...but have you had a chance to look at fixing the career tool work with update 10.3? My career is pretty much stuck since update 10.3, I really hope its not anything too involved and is possible to get working again. I love this mod and don't want to go back to strictly vanilla!
Hi, been meaning to post an update, sorry. It's a little more involved than simply updating the packages, I've got to update some registers for the career file, and re-familiarize myself with the structure to do so. It's not an inordinate amount of work, I just need to find some time to focus on it. Been concerned with getting my real life car on the track lately, haven't had quite as much time for pCARS, but I promise I haven't forgotten about the mod! :)

goon
11-05-2016, 09:05
Looking forward to it, and thanks for all your work.

crowtrobot
16-05-2016, 15:52
Quick update while I'm on lunch at work: new version should be ready to go soon, as long as I get some time to finalize the package tonight.

crowtrobot
17-05-2016, 03:44
Version 0.81 is out, first post updated.

If updating from an old version:

Either unpack everything except the following files, or back them up in your MODS\Custom_Career_Tool directory and replace them after unpacking: \championships\career_championships.bin, \championships\careermotorsportteams.bin, \championships\career_contracts.bin

I'm not sure what will happen to a running career if the participant vehicles get changed out from under it mid-season, so either backup the career files listed above, or start a new career with the new version.

goon
18-05-2016, 11:08
Thanks, looking forward to giving it a whirl at the weekend.

Tommi-TAG
21-05-2016, 04:40
Thanks for the update, crowtrobot.
(I've been busy this week, and I'm sorry my comment is late.)
The tool works fine as always. And it's a great experience for me to play Career Mode with Custom Championship, Career Carset, Mandatory Pit Stop & More.
I think it's not easy to keep updating the tools. So, I sincerely appreciate you for taking your time for the community and making our dreams (Custom Grid, Liveries & Career) possible.
It's always fun to find what I/we can do with your tools. I'm going to enjoy my dream career. :)
Thanks again!

goon
21-05-2016, 15:32
It worked perfectly today. I had two fantastic LMP-2 races in career, with a much more realistic race time. Thanks again for your effort making this mod.

shiftee
23-05-2016, 17:26
returned to my career in midseason and worked great, no issues. thanks again for all your dedicated work. this tool really should be way more popular, a lot of the career guys on pc probably stopped visiting the forums are are missing out! heck, I didn't even know this subforum existed until a few moths ago...pretty game changing once I did :)

shiftee
04-06-2016, 02:06
Should I be able to edit invitational series with this tool? I'm almost positive I have changed tracks for invitationals in the past, but any one I try now closes out the career tool application (crashes). For example, as soon as I click on Historic TC2 Escort Classic Trophy it will crash. Are these invitationals editable for anyone else?

Otherworld
10-07-2016, 18:32
That mod is really useful, but is there any way the Classic tracks could be added to it?

crowtrobot
11-07-2016, 13:16
Should I be able to edit invitational series with this tool? I'm almost positive I have changed tracks for invitationals in the past, but any one I try now closes out the career tool application (crashes). For example, as soon as I click on Historic TC2 Escort Classic Trophy it will crash. Are these invitationals editable for anyone else?
The invitationals are defined in a different file, which I never got around to decoding/integrating into the mod. If I recall correctly, the track/weather might be editable, but the car selection will not be.

That mod is really useful, but is there any way the Classic tracks could be added to it?
Hi Otherworld,

Yes, it's possible, but since it was paid DLC it was deliberately left out because I couldn't figure an easy way to verify whether or not the user actually bought the appropriate DLC package. It's kind of unfortunate, as better integration of the DLC cars into the career was one of the motivations for the mod in the first place, but it's not my content to give away.

shiftee
14-07-2016, 16:51
Hi Otherworld,

Yes, it's possible, but since it was paid DLC it was deliberately left out because I couldn't figure an easy way to verify whether or not the user actually bought the appropriate DLC package. It's kind of unfortunate, as better integration of the DLC cars into the career was one of the motivations for the mod in the first place, but it's not my content to give away.

I hope some day SMS will make all the DCL free or something, so you can lift those restrictions. Kills me I can't put any DLC tracks into my career after even buying the GOTY steam bundle to get the remaining car packs I never picked up. more of a complaint about how SMS handled DLC in career (or lack thereof), but this tool could have fixed it if there was some way to tell a user had purchased it. so frustrating..

Arhok
15-08-2016, 18:03
Is there any way to add mod cars to race with them in the gt3 championships??

crowtrobot
15-08-2016, 19:35
Is there any way to add mod cars to race with them in the gt3 championships??
I think I had the audi_r8 mod added in at one point on my own system; it's not straight-forward. The car list is more or less hard-coded (I never quite figured out how the registers for each section of the career binary file are defined), so you have to replace a vehicle, rather than just adding it in.

You'd have to use a hex editor to open either careermotorsportteams or careercontracts binary files (depending on whether you want the AI to have the car, or the player to have a contract for it), change the name of an existing vehicle (whose name is at least as long as that of the modded vehicle), to that of the modded vehicle. Then either change the names of the liveries for the modded vehicle to match those of the ones you replaced in the modded vehicle's .crd, or change the names of the liveries for the existing vehicle inside the binary file (though again, these names will have to match up in character length).

It's not a simple process, particularly if you aren't familiar with hex-editing files.

Arhok
18-08-2016, 20:45
I think I had the audi_r8 mod added in at one point on my own system; it's not straight-forward. The car list is more or less hard-coded (I never quite figured out how the registers for each section of the career binary file are defined), so you have to replace a vehicle, rather than just adding it in.

You'd have to use a hex editor to open either careermotorsportteams or careercontracts binary files (depending on whether you want the AI to have the car, or the player to have a contract for it), change the name of an existing vehicle (whose name is at least as long as that of the modded vehicle), to that of the modded vehicle. Then either change the names of the liveries for the modded vehicle to match those of the ones you replaced in the modded vehicle's .crd, or change the names of the liveries for the existing vehicle inside the binary file (though again, these names will have to match up in character length).

It's not a simple process, particularly if you aren't familiar with hex-editing files.

Thx mate, i appreciate you took the time to reply, i have not idea about hex-editing files but i supposse i can google tutorials, i just wanted to start a gt3 carreer with a gt3 car mod (not the audi) but if you said that is not that easy it is gonna be almost imposible for me then xD.

Thanks anyways, im still using your custom race mode, that one allow me to use mod cars so thanks you very much for that, that mod totally changed the game for me xD

evergreen1976
26-09-2016, 19:56
Thx a lot crowtrobot :thumbup

Now i can change the race time and weather. Really helping me out racing in carrer when it took dawn or night race which really disturb my cornering calculation due to visibility lackness. I always race with 100% Ai , thus demand me to always have a good cornering.

Btw, I have a different procedure compare to your instruction. is this alright ?
What i always do to make it work is like :
After drop all the mod files in Pcars installation folder..
1. Run the application (pCARS_Custom_Career shortcut)
2. Click reset > choose event > change time/weather > assign session > close the app
3. Run JSGME > Active "custom_career_tool" > close
4. Play game > continuing career progress > and it working
5. After finishing the race > quit game > Run JSGME and deactivate the mod > close JSGME.

Thats work and no error or anything.
Just a masterpiece mod :thumbup

Wish you all the best luck :)

crowtrobot
28-09-2016, 13:51
Thx a lot crowtrobot :thumbup

Now i can change the race time and weather. Really helping me out racing in carrer when it took dawn or night race which really disturb my cornering calculation due to visibility lackness. I always race with 100% Ai , thus demand me to always have a good cornering.

Btw, I have a different procedure compare to your instruction. is this alright ?
What i always do to make it work is like :
After drop all the mod files in Pcars installation folder..
1. Run the application (pCARS_Custom_Career shortcut)
2. Click reset > choose event > change time/weather > assign session > close the app
3. Run JSGME > Active "custom_career_tool" > close
4. Play game > continuing career progress > and it working
5. After finishing the race > quit game > Run JSGME and deactivate the mod > close JSGME.

Thats work and no error or anything.
Just a masterpiece mod :thumbup

Wish you all the best luck :)
That procedure is fine. All JSGME is doing really is copying/backing up files, you could run without it if you really wanted, it's just a nice safety measure to allow people to restore their game back to vanilla without having to reinstall. All you want to do is make sure that you run the Career Tool to update the career files, then make sure those edited career files are the ones in the pCARS directories so that they are loaded when you start up the game. Glad you are enjoying the mod!

pfannkuchen
05-01-2017, 16:29
Hello, is there any possibility to incorporate DLC content into the vehicle/track selection?

My intent is to race the Toyota TS040 in a custom career WEC but unfortunately it does not appear to be an option at this time. Are there any alternative suggestions?

Racer_S
06-01-2017, 00:25
Thanks for the update, crowtrobot.
(I've been busy this week, and I'm sorry my comment is late.)
The tool works fine as always. And it's a great experience for me to play Career Mode with Custom Championship, Career Carset, Mandatory Pit Stop & More.
I think it's not easy to keep updating the tools. So, I sincerely appreciate you for taking your time for the community and making our dreams (Custom Grid, Liveries & Career) possible.
It's always fun to find what I/we can do with your tools. I'm going to enjoy my dream career. :)
Thanks again!

Just came in to to say HI! :cool:

jamieson5000
16-03-2017, 21:28
Thank you so much for this!!

Martin03
22-09-2017, 22:22
Hi, have you/will you look into making this for pCars 2 sometime in the future? Great mod that saved career mode in pCars 1 for me, so would love to have it in pCars 2(speccially since they now force us to do open wheel racing on snow...)

shiftee
04-10-2017, 21:03
Hi, have you/will you look into making this for pCars 2 sometime in the future? Great mod that saved career mode in pCars 1 for me, so would love to have it in pCars 2(speccially since they now force us to do open wheel racing on snow...)

Yeah I would love to see a Pcars2 version eventually. Even if they add the custom championships, it will be separate from the career...this tool allows us an endless offline career. I got to race rookie formula out on the California highways thanks to this mod, it gets tough seeing the same tracks over and over (and weather). hope you get some time to port it over at some point... and thanks for saving Pcars1!

cjhill44
09-10-2017, 11:13
has anyone tried this to see if it will work in PCars2 without any modifications? Being hopeful here I know :cool: