PDA

View Full Version : Stock T100/150/300 Pedals vs. T3PA (not Pro)

JohnnyDNGRSLY
06-04-2016, 20:46
I’ve done a few searches and some reading, and I wanted to ask here as well.

I have a new Thrustmaster T150 wheel and, coming from the T80, I know the pedals are not great. I play a lot of pCARS and F1 2015. When I got the T150 I immediately opened the pedal set and installed a second torsion spring in each of the pedal hinges (Thrustmaster’s stock pedals use a torsion spring like the one below looped around the hinge point to apply leverage across the axis of the pedal; I simply added a second spring to increase resistance from the measly 6lbf. that I measured out of the box).

What I want to ask is: if I’m not interested in the clutch pedal because a possible shifter upgrade is way over my horizon at this point, and I have perhaps a bit of curious interest in the conical brake mod, but mainly what I’m looking for is more pedal resistance as I’m more the “positional memory” kind of racer than the “muscle memory” kind…

…are the T3PA pedals worth a $100 upgrade to the setup I described above?

Also, due to cost and space concerns, I’m not looking at the T3PA Pro set, just the standard set.

Thanks in advance!

Fight-Test
06-04-2016, 23:26
I’ve done a few searches and some reading, and I wanted to ask here as well.

I have a new Thrustmaster T150 wheel and, coming from the T80, I know the pedals are not great. I play a lot of pCARS and F1 2015. When I got the T150 I immediately opened the pedal set and installed a second torsion spring in each of the pedal hinges (Thrustmaster’s stock pedals use a torsion spring like the one below looped around the hinge point to apply leverage across the axis of the pedal; I simply added a second spring to increase resistance from the measly 6lbf. that I measured out of the box).

What I want to ask is: if I’m not interested in the clutch pedal because a possible shifter upgrade is way over my horizon at this point, and I have perhaps a bit of curious interest in the conical brake mod, but mainly what I’m looking for is more pedal resistance as I’m more the “positional memory” kind of racer than the “muscle memory” kind…

…are the T3PA pedals worth a $100 upgrade to the setup I described above?

Also, due to cost and space concerns, I’m not looking at the T3PA Pro set, just the standard set.

Thanks in advance!

Good questions. I have a load cell on my brake but I am looking to do something like this for the acceleration. On the t3pa's, Im not sure if the brake mod will go on those. Maybe a quick search to verify that they will for sure house the brake mod as the pro's have specific holes drilled in the pedal casing for it to attach to. In the picture of the t3pa's im looking at I can't see where it connects. Im pretty sure they both have the same inner workings so theres a good chance the mod connection holes are there but just can't see them in this picture, or its a old picture.

The t3pa's pro's with brake mod where a huge improvement over the stock pedals and the springs in the stock pedals will break at some point. With the load cell its even better but I think the brake mod would be great for "positional memory" once it breaks in which takes about a week of use. I also don't use a clutch pedal and actually completely removed it and put the brake pedal where clutch is to give a much better and comfortable placement of my feet and legs. I also only use left foot braking so its perfect for me.

Switching to the t3pa's is night and day over the stock pedals. Then with the mod its even better. Good luck, your on the right track. sorry I couldn't be more help.

gotdirt410sprintcar
07-04-2016, 00:10
I been think about some way to mount those springs that stretches just not sure how yet. You would be pulling the spring when pushed it would give a little more weight to the pedals

Panopticism
07-04-2016, 00:44
Disabling autoclutch and having use of a clutch pedal has numerous advantages for cars with sequential-manual gearboxes.