PDA

View Full Version : Car keeps moving from standstill after fuel runs out. BUG? Or Realistic?

Konigstiger
07-04-2016, 04:33
I have tried both the Mitsubishi Evo X and the Aston Martin Hydrogen hybrid and after reaching 0 fuel and coming to a complete halt, I have noticed that I can still move, albeit very slowly, either by pressing the forward button (default keypad arrow up) or moving the wheels left and right whilst pressing forward. It slowly starts creeping forward and once you get momentum, you start to accelerate albeit in snail speeds. Also, it was on a flat plain map (24 hour le mans map)
Is this because of the design of these specific cars? maybe if i used an all petrol vehicle without any turbo, it wouldn't have worked?
I bought this game because it was supposed to be hyper realistic but I was let down. Maybe it needs fixing or it is how it works in real life

Rambo_Commando
07-04-2016, 05:06
Thats because one of the pit crew hides in the trunk. When you run out of fuel he jumps out and starts pushing the car. The reason why you're moving at snail speed is because it's quite hard for one person to push a car, which is REALISTIC.

Ryzza5
07-04-2016, 06:17
I believe it has been done this way on purpose. The very slow speed is enough of a race-ruining penalty.

Similarly, you can drive out of a gravel trap in pCARS, when often reality bites much harder.
For example: http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/04/03/svg-gutted-after-oil-spill-denies-victory/

Craig Martin
07-04-2016, 12:33
Reminds me of the thread from a guy who reckoned that if you turned the wheel really, really fast (only possible with a joypad iirc) from one side to another then the car behaved "unrealistically". I would have thought that the issue of what the car did when it ran out of fuel would not be particularly high up on the list of things to do by the devs. Surely, run out of fuel, car comes to a halt - restart the race if you like - is enough?
Funny that you feel let down by such a minor issue, it is after all a racing/driving simulator, not a parking/breaking down simulator but it's good we're all different I guess.