PDA

View Full Version : Update seems okay

Pops Racer
07-04-2016, 16:39
The last update seems better.
Cars seem to have a better "weight" in corners.
I heard that nothing was done with rendering but tracks seem more realistic and speed is easier to judge.
I have a t-80 wheel which is one step above analog sticks but i noticed a change to the positive in control so i wonder if a better wheel might be a good upgrade now?
Anyhoo i like the direction P-Cars is headed wth the simulation...

Konan
07-04-2016, 16:43
The last update seems better.
Cars seem to have a better "weight" in corners.
I heard that nothing was done with rendering but tracks seem more realistic and speed is easier to judge.
I have a t-80 wheel which is one step above analog sticks but i noticed a change to the positive in control so i wonder if a better wheel might be a good upgrade now?
Anyhoo i like the direction P-Cars is headed wth the simulation...

I don't know if this helps but a step up from the T80 is the T100...not costly and you have ffb....

Pops Racer
07-04-2016, 16:55
I wonder how much better FFB wheels are. I use sight and sound to judge(corner marker wheels squealing) which is the same as sticks.
I like the t-300 with removable wheel but will have to wait. I do wonder how much better a ffb is tho

Konan
07-04-2016, 17:00
It makes a world of difference in creating an immersive experience...actually feeling every bump and hole in the track....feeling the car loose grip and therefore having to fight with your steering wheel to get back in control...
Just some examples...I'm sure there will be others to confirm and /or add to this....:cool:

Schnizz58
07-04-2016, 17:05
I agree with Konan. FFB is useful for the immersion factor even if it doesn't help you drive better. However I think it does that too, at least in my case.

Konan
07-04-2016, 17:09
May i suggest to install a separate setup (if you haven't already) because the reason i sold my wheel and wheelstand was because i play on my living room TV and had to install/uninstall everything all the time....in the beginning i didn't mind but at the end i couldn't be bothered anymore.....:eek:

GUTTER-BOY
10-04-2016, 20:54
I went from a T80 to a T150, and it was a good update to have the FFB. Having the feedback helps you FEEL the car sliding and lets you recover it faster than non-FFB when your brain needs to SEE it sliding then realize you need to try and correct it.

B&H has the T150 on sale:http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1181609-REG/thrustmaster_4169080_t150_rs_racing_wheel.html

I've never tried a T100, but it seems hard to find one. $150 for the T150 is a pretty good deal. B&H sometimes has flash sales and I picked up the T3PA pedals for only $75 w/free shipping.

Konan
10-04-2016, 21:03
I went from a T80 to a T150, and it was a good update to have the FFB. Having the feedback helps you FEEL the car sliding and lets you recover it faster than non-FFB when your brain needs to SEE it sliding then realize you need to try and correct it.

B&H has the T150 on sale:http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1181609-REG/thrustmaster_4169080_t150_rs_racing_wheel.html

I've never tried a T100, but it seems hard to find one. $150 for the T150 is a pretty good deal. B&H sometimes has flash sales and I picked up the T3PA pedals for only $75 w/free shipping.

The T150 is actually better because the T100 is a PS3 wheel which is compatible with Ps4...therefore it misses the "share" and "PS" button...
The price here in Belgium is slightly less then the 150 but hardly mentionable.
I believe when i bought my T100,the T150 wasn't on the market yet,otherwise i would have bought that instead...