PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Calibration PS4 (T300RS)

bigal1000
07-04-2016, 19:58
I'm brand new here and to Project Cars. I have the T300RS wheel. I was reading an old thread here about calibrating it stated to hold mode button and right or left d-pad till light flashes 4 times this gives you 900 degrees, then you can go to games and finish calibrating did I get this right? Thanks for any help.

Firstly set the wheel rotation to 900 degrees. {on the steering wheel itself} This is done by pressing the dpad button left or right and pressing the mode button once. the mode light will flash.1 Flash - 270 degrees.2 Flashes - 360 degrees.3 flashes - 540 degrees.4 flashes - 900 degrees.5 flashes - 1080 degrees.

(So it needs to flash 4 times. Then the wheel is set to 900 degrees.

Then go to the wheel calibration page in the game. Start Calibration. Rotate the wheel all the way anticlockwise till it stops, then press next.

{this next bit is what I and most people have been doing wrong as the directions on screen are not clear or accurate}

Then rotate the wheel clockwise till it reads 900 degrees exactly. then press next.

Hopefully it should then match the cockpit view and be easy to drive.

The fine tuning of the wheel can then be done.)

tgrey
08-04-2016, 08:09
I'm brand new here and to Project Cars. I have the T300RS wheel. I was reading an old thread here about calibrating it stated to hold mode button and right or left d-pad till light flashes 4 times this gives you 900 degrees, then you can go to games and finish calibrating did I get this right? Thanks for any help.

Firstly set the wheel rotation to 900 degrees. {on the steering wheel itself} This is done by pressing the dpad button left or right and pressing the mode button once. the mode light will flash.1 Flash - 270 degrees.2 Flashes - 360 degrees.3 flashes - 540 degrees.4 flashes - 900 degrees.5 flashes - 1080 degrees.

(So it needs to flash 4 times. Then the wheel is set to 900 degrees.

Then go to the wheel calibration page in the game. Start Calibration. Rotate the wheel all the way anticlockwise till it stops, then press next.

{this next bit is what I and most people have been doing wrong as the directions on screen are not clear or accurate}

Then rotate the wheel clockwise till it reads 900 degrees exactly. then press next.

The fine tuning of the wheel can then be done.)

Yeah, set your wheel to 900 first, and then do the in game wheel calibration. Once you've done it that way you should be able to get in any car with cockpit/helmet cam, and the steering wheel rotation in the game will match your wheel.

konnos
08-04-2016, 12:55

I am pretty sure about this. You do not rotate the wheel until it reads 90degrees (i m assuming you made a typo on the 900). You rotate the wheel until it is physically at 90 degrees. Not at the screen, the 90 degrees are for your real wheel.

wyldanimal
08-04-2016, 18:27
here's what I have ALWAYS done..
1) I never used the T300's mode to change from default to 900.
Just plug in the T300 and Go...

Calibration...

Turn Wheel as far as it will Go. ( You will feel it stop, but there is a bit more you can turn it yet. force it the last 10 degrees, and Hold it there and press X
then use the Display and turn the wheel till it Shows 900. Hold it on 900 and press X

That's it...

I found the Karts and F1 cars to have very Quick, too Quick Wheel response.

In the Options I can Adjust the Wheel Sensitivity..
and In each Car I can Adjust the steering ratio

bigal1000
08-04-2016, 18:34
here's what I have ALWAYS done..
1) I never used the T300's mode to change from default to 900.
Just plug in the T300 and Go...

Calibration...

Turn Wheel as far as it will Go. ( You will feel it stop, but there is a bit more you can turn it yet. force it the last 10 degrees, and Hold it there and press X
then use the Display and turn the wheel till it Shows 900. Hold it on 900 and press X

That's it...

I found the Karts and F1 cars to have very Quick, too Quick Wheel response.

In the Options I can Adjust the Wheel Sensitivity..
and In each Car I can Adjust the steering ratio

Excellent that is plain and simple.........

lancashirelad
11-04-2016, 21:47
I've never calibrated my T300 with project cars and it works fine.
Edit- I'm not saying you shouldn't, just you don't need too imo.