PDA

View Full Version : handicap system..

Madmazz116
08-04-2016, 14:27
just chucking this out there...any ideas on how to implement a handicap system on drivers without them taking advantage of it over 3 races on the single stage tracks? The only thing drivers are allowed to change at the moment is Final drive settings, down force, gears, fuel,

5 drivers.

Cheers

Ray Pim
08-04-2016, 15:03
Interesting, that is kind of related to an issue I'm having...

I race with a few friends online, however I'm consistently faster than them.
We tried restricting me to slower cars but it never really balanced out evenly, I was to fast, or in a car that was far too slow.

You got me thinking that a handicap system that either restricts certain users, or enhances them would be sweet!

cluck
08-04-2016, 15:14
The only thing that springs to mind is restricting maximum restrictor and/or wastegate settings but :-

1. That only works, of course, in cars that have those as adjustable options
2. It requires people to be gentlemen and actually restrict their power. There is no way, short of observing telemetry and laptimes, of proving that they are - to an extent you can enforce it by simply banning them if they don't adhere to those restrictions.
3. It falls outside of your current list of things you can change

What cars are you talking about here or is this an "in general terms" type query? I am not aware of anything else in the game - other than air restrictor and wastegate pressure - that will enforce a restriction in the car power output.

Madmazz116
08-04-2016, 15:42
The only thing that springs to mind is restricting maximum restrictor and/or wastegate settings but :-

1. That only works, of course, in cars that have those as adjustable options
2. It requires people to be gentlemen and actually restrict their power. There is no way, short of observing telemetry and laptimes, of proving that they are - to an extent you can enforce it by simply banning them if they don't adhere to those restrictions.
3. It falls outside of your current list of things you can change

What cars are you talking about here or is this an "in general terms" type query? I am not aware of anything else in the game - other than air restrictor and wastegate pressure - that will enforce a restriction in the car power output.

Just in general really.

cluck
08-04-2016, 16:23
Unfortunately, then, I don't think there's anything in the game that can be used, say, to just globally reduce car performance by a set amount. The only ways of doing that are, as mentioned earlier, reducing the air restrictor size and/or adjusting the wastegate pressure on those cars that allow it. For cars that don't have that, maybe tell the drivers they have to run maximum ride-height and trust that they have done so (or at least prove so via a screenshot of the telemetry page just before the race starts).

Maybe there is something though and I've missed it so best to wait and see what ideas others can come up with :).