PDA

View Full Version : After latest patch, graphics are blocky, anyone else notice this?

Lewis Puppy
09-04-2016, 16:02
After the latest patch, graphics are blockier, anyone else notice this? I run on max settings and thought my eyes were getting worse or something, or maybe too many beers, but something is really wrong. In cockpit view, the focus is off when viewing afar at Imola. It kinda acts like the helmet cam and yes i know the difference. I love this game with 125 hrs in just 6.5 months and this is the real issue that I've questioned. Any thoughts?

E_Luckow
09-04-2016, 16:22
What you mean with blockier? Would you mind to share some pictures?

Did you checked your graphic configurations after the patch?

Lewis Puppy
09-04-2016, 16:28
I have, multiple times since the patch. I readjusted to highest (ultra) in all setings. Don't get me wrong, it's still looks good, but not as great as before the patch. And I'm just talking about looking into the distance while driving has gotten worse

E_Luckow
09-04-2016, 16:36
I have, multiple times since the patch. I readjusted to highest (ultra) in all setings. Don't get me wrong, it's still looks good, but not as great as before the patch. And I'm just talking about looking into the distance while driving has gotten worse

Have you changed the drivers? (guess not)

I use to race at Imola quite a lot. Didn't see anything wrong. Maybe, just maybe, I think the AA filters are a little bit worse after the patch.

Lewis Puppy
09-04-2016, 16:42
Yes, all my drivers are updated and pc's working fine. And yes, I agree that the AA filters seem a little bit worse after the patch and that's with DS16X AA setting.

Sankyo
09-04-2016, 18:44
Could you post some pictures that show the objects that have become worse in your opinion?

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
09-04-2016, 18:49
Is it possible you're running a lower resolution? Mine was dropped down to 720p after the previous update.

Lewis Puppy
09-04-2016, 22:19
After some more hours on Imola, I've discovered that it's just one of those more resource intensive tracks. I've tried to install Shadowplay to record a video, but that made it undrivable with the drop in FPS, especially with 24 cars on the track. I'm going to have to compromise on some settings with certain tracks, even in the dry

What is Jitter Tweak?

ELAhrairah
09-04-2016, 23:20
After some more hours on Imola, I've discovered that it's just one of those more resource intensive tracks. I've tried to install Shadowplay to record a video, but that made it undrivable with the drop in FPS, especially with 24 cars on the track. I'm going to have to compromise on some settings with certain tracks, even in the dry

What is Jitter Tweak?

Begin with turning down:

- reflections
- Environment Map
- shadows

Lewis Puppy
09-04-2016, 23:53
Begin with turning down:

- reflections
- Environment Map
- shadows

Okay, so after 3 more hours spent on a race and then experimenting afterwards on settings, this is what I've come up with as my optimal settings:

Resolution: 1920x1080 59 Hz
Texture Resolution: High
Texture Filtering Anisotroptic 16x
V-Sync No
Anti-Aliasing DS9X
FXAA - Off
SMAA - Off
Reflections - High
Environment Map - Low
Car Detail - High
Track Detail - High
Shadow Detail - Medium
Enhanced Mirror - Yes
Motion Blur - High
Render Frames Ahead - 4
Detailed Grass - Medium
Particle Level - Medium
Particle Density - Medium
Stretched Headlight Reflections: Yes

Now I'm also aware that if I go out on the track as the only car for hotlaps, sure I can put everything on ultra settings. But I always prefer to have 23 other cars out on the track with me to push me :)

ELAhrairah
09-04-2016, 23:58
Okay, so after 3 more hours spent on a race and then experimenting afterwards on settings, this is what I've come up with as my optimal settings:

V-Sync No
Anti-Aliasing DS9X
FXAA - Off
SMAA - Off
Reflections - High
Environment Map - Low
Car Detail - High
Track Detail - High
Shadow Detail - Medium
Enhanced Mirror - Yes
Motion Blur - High
Render Frames Ahead - 4
Detailed Grass - Medium
Particle Level - Medium

Now I'm also aware that if I go out on the track as the only car for hotlaps, sure I can put everything on ultra settings. But I always prefer to have 23 other cars out on the track with me to push me :)

ds9x :cool:

E_Luckow
09-04-2016, 23:58

V-Sync No
Anti-Aliasing DS9X
FXAA - Off
SMAA - Off
Reflections - High
Environment Map - Low
Car Detail - High
Track Detail - High
Shadow Detail - Medium
Enhanced Mirror - Yes
Motion Blur - High
Render Frames Ahead - 4
Detailed Grass - Medium
Particle Level - Medium

DS9x??? Man, this AA level is just for screenshots, never for racing!! Can your rig deal with DS9X?? The better combo for me is MSAA or High and FXAA (high)

Lewis Puppy
10-04-2016, 00:09
DS9x??? Man, this AA level is just for screenshots, never for racing!! Can your rig deal with DS9X?? The better combo for me is MSAA or High and FXAA (high)

Yes, tried and tested at Imola with BMW 320 Turbo Group 5. Worked wonderfully on my one monitor. But I will also try your settings next time as well.

10-04-2016, 00:23
What is Jitter Tweak?Jitter Tweak is a largely obsolete setting that was originally used when SMS was rewriting the whole render pipeline to reduce input lag. Initial work caused the view to "jitter" quite a lot during lateral movements on the screen, so the tweak was introduced, higher settings smoothing things out somewhat.

It isn't really useful these days.

ELAhrairah
10-04-2016, 01:04
Yes, tried and tested at Imola with BMW 320 Turbo Group 5. Worked wonderfully on my one monitor. But I will also try your settings next time as well.

If you go with ds4x you can leave other AA mostly off. And you can go for the highest settings for all the rest of the settings except for enviroment map, reflections and shadows. Would keep these on high or medium, they eat a lot of fps

Lewis Puppy
10-04-2016, 02:31
If you go with ds4x you can leave other AA mostly off. And you can go for the highest settings for all the rest of the settings except for enviroment map, reflections and shadows. Would keep these on high or medium, they eat a lot of fps

Thanks for your settings advice. I just tried it but I actually prefer mine better. I can see so much further and clearer with mine! :)

Lewis Puppy
10-04-2016, 15:36
After some more experiments, I was even able to add Medium SMAA to my DS9X AA and still be silky smooth. However, I don't think my eyes can tell the SMAA addition :)

V-Sync No
Anti-Aliasing DS9X
FXAA - Off
SMAA - Medium
Reflections - High
Environment Map - Low
Car Detail - High
Track Detail - High
Shadow Detail - Medium
Enhanced Mirror - Yes
Motion Blur - High
Render Frames Ahead - 4
Detailed Grass - Medium
Particle Level - Medium

ford85
13-04-2016, 00:09
Is there a reason you run the game at 59hz instead of 60? I assume you have a 60hz monitor, no?

Lewis Puppy
13-04-2016, 00:13
Thanks, good catch. I'll try to adjust it next time

13-04-2016, 05:35
Is there a reason you run the game at 59hz instead of 60? I assume you have a 60hz monitor, no?Sometimes Windows just reports it in an odd way for some monitors, and you can't select higher than that. It doesn't make an actual difference as far as I can see.

Lewis Puppy
01-05-2016, 17:14

V-Sync No
Anti-Aliasing DS9X
FXAA - Off
SMAA - Off
Reflections - High
Environment Map - Low
Car Detail - High
Track Detail - High
Shadow Detail - Medium
Enhanced Mirror - Yes
Motion Blur - High
Render Frames Ahead - 4
Detailed Grass - Medium
Particle Level - Medium

I had to bring it down to ds6x now. It's working really well