PDA

View Full Version : We they ever going to fix the Monza Glitch?

Chap904
09-04-2016, 22:54
This has been an issue since day 1.

for those that dont know what im talking about...
https://youtu.be/JoNOhKVskoY

Olijke Poffer
10-04-2016, 14:03
Bizarre this still is an issue...

FS7
10-04-2016, 14:09
Pileups like that happen at the last turn at Monaco too, it's one of those instances where AI stands for "artificial idiot".

Schumi-
10-04-2016, 14:20
I thought it would be easy just to remove the chicane ? Or is it not as simple as that, does the Ai need to be rewritten ? But apart from that nice little track that is.

FS7
10-04-2016, 15:41
I thought it would be easy just to remove the chicane ? Or is it not as simple as that, does the Ai need to be rewritten ? But apart from that nice little track that is.
Shift 2 had the no-chicane layout, imo SMS should had included both chicane & no-chicane layouts.

Siberian Tiger
10-04-2016, 16:06

Yes, the AI will need a new Path to follow... So it's not that easy ;)

Schumi-
10-04-2016, 16:35
Shift 2 had the no-chicane layout, imo SMS should had included both chicane & no-chicane layouts.

Yes i suppose that would have been the better option.

Yes, the AI will need a new Path to follow... So it's not that easy ;)

Thanks for the clarification, i thought as much.

Leper Messiah
24-04-2016, 18:38
Why on earth do people run so many cars on the junior track? What cars race there in reality?

kevin kirk
24-04-2016, 22:15
I think even if we had a couple of street courses with choke points in the game they would be a pain in the butt to try and race on them because of this.

kevin kirk
24-04-2016, 22:22
Why on earth do people run so many cars on the junior track? What cars race there in reality?...To be fair,AI cant make it thur choke points no matter how many cars are on the grid. Large numbers just makes them stack up but the reason why it all began is the same with one car or a overloaded grid.

Diamond_Eyes
25-04-2016, 10:27
Same deal at Snetterton 100

Leper Messiah
25-04-2016, 18:27
...To be fair,AI cant make it thur choke points no matter how many cars are on the grid. Large numbers just makes them stack up but the reason why it all began is the same with one car or a overloaded grid.

Is the track there for hotlapping or do real cars race there? Or is it a training track? I just don't see the point of racing ai on Monza Junior. (is there a career race there?)

Same deal at Snetterton 100

This is my point with Monza Junior: according to wikipedia Snetterton 100 is mainly used for testing and as a track school, the BMSA raced there but that's against the clock so hotlapping.

TLDR some tracks are just NOT meant for racing!!

kevin kirk
25-04-2016, 18:58
Is the track there for hotlapping or do real cars race there? Or is it a training track? I just don't see the point of racing ai on Monza Junior. (is there a career race there?)

This is my point with Monza Junior: according to wikipedia Snetterton 100 is mainly used for testing and as a track school, the BMSA raced there but that's against the clock so hotlapping.

TLDR some tracks are just NOT meant for racing!!.....lol, its a track in a racing game. That's its purpose for being in the game. Well of course we are going to race cars on it. Wether its a race or not doesn't matter, if you just have 3 cars on the track this still happins. This happins every race at Monaco. Happins with 3 cars and it happins with a full grid. The only difference is less car you can get thur, a lot of cars you cant get thur. Do you queston why players try to have races on the monaco track?

BreadedVirus
25-04-2016, 19:03
I remember this used to happen on the first chicane at Monza on the game Race Pro that came out in 09 on the Xbox 360.

Scuderia Paul
25-04-2016, 19:12
I would hope to see this BS fixed too, but we know it is not going to happen which is dreadful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfESoL5KYMs&list=PLJDklHdRLQS-tF2i0uEjnZ3UMLPIKRbKr&index=8
Glitch and Bugs Playlist (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJDklHdRLQS-tF2i0uEjnZ3UMLPIKRbKr)

kevin kirk
25-04-2016, 19:27
it happins on my xbox one gameplay with extra small grids and large grids and Monaco for me is the worst. The AI cant seem to handle the track funneling down to one lane. Happens extra small grids and full grids. Full grids just adds a stacking up effect after it happins. It almost looks like they try to cut the corner without realizing there is a wall blocking them from cutting the corner.

kevin kirk
25-04-2016, 19:31
more often than not I'm having a great race with the AI. Seems like the places this happins I don't really race on that much. so it doesn't really effect my gameplay to much.

BigDad
26-04-2016, 01:50
This has been an issue since day 1.

for those that dont know what im talking about...
https://youtu.be/JoNOhKVskoY

I like your realism. Are you just using your right stick on the DS4 to look around?

BigDad
26-04-2016, 01:53
.....lol, its a track in a racing game. That's its purpose for being in the game. Well of course we are going to race cars on it. Wether its a race or not doesn't matter, if you just have 3 cars on the track this still happins. This happins every race at Monaco. Happins with 3 cars and it happins with a full grid. The only difference is less car you can get thur, a lot of cars you cant get thur. Do you queston why players try to have races on the monaco track?

And on Californian highway and Azure Coast given that it is not a race track and it would be illegal. lol.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
26-04-2016, 02:08
And on Californian highway and Azure Coast given that it is not a race track and it would be illegal. lol.Well they've clearly closed off the roads and set up barriers, start and finish areas, etc. In effect they are race tracks, they're just temporary ones, just Monaco, Adelaide, Macau etc. =)

And the roads are also way way wider than a real road would be, so one thinks it'd been built with racing in mind. =)

Leper Messiah
26-04-2016, 07:56
.....lol, its a track in a racing game. That's its purpose for being in the game. Well of course we are going to race cars on it. Wether its a race or not doesn't matter, if you just have 3 cars on the track this still happins. This happins every race at Monaco. Happins with 3 cars and it happins with a full grid. The only difference is less car you can get thur, a lot of cars you cant get thur. Do you queston why players try to have races on the monaco track?

People still need common sense with regards to what they do with the tracks, if they are not suited to full on racing in reality then how on earth can anyone expect an Ai (and a tad iffy one at that) cope?

Regarding Monaco, thats a notoriously hard track for humans, once again racing Ai is the equivalent to a lobotomised monkey in brain power compared to a human so it's not going to cope too well is it?

Common sense people, the day an Ai can race around Monaco with no incidents is the day we welcome our Skynet overlord as master of humanity ;)

Looking at other games we seemingly have two choices, an Ai that is aware of the player and can take different lines or one that follows the racing line to the detriment of awareness of the human player and overtaking. I'd rather the former, a couple do that a bit better than others, RF2, GSCE/AMS.

Leper Messiah
27-04-2016, 13:01
Of course I have to add that I'm by no means 100% happy with the Ai in pCARS! It definitely has it's fair share of issue, but I had an awesome race at Zolder yesterday in a Road B career race, I was side by side with the Ai in quite a few situations. Conversely I had a disappointing race with the Ai in R3E at Oschersleben in the ADAC '13 cars. At one point a Corvette span and t boned me as it speared back onto the racing line. ACs seems a bit better, but has issues (from what I've read) of multiclass racing where faster cars get stuck behind slower cars.