PDA

View Full Version : Ki too slowly

MIKEE74
10-04-2016, 08:18
The Game is unusable.
The Ai to slowly.
Only Multiplayer but this I dont want to.
I will the old patch 5.0

Azure Flare
10-04-2016, 09:22
Ki?

Panopticism
10-04-2016, 09:55
My guess is that they are referring to the AI(künstliche Intelligenz) being too slow in career mode.

ObiMobi
10-04-2016, 11:24
Ki?

German word for "ai"

bporion
10-04-2016, 14:29
Put the ' ki ' dificulty higher .

DragonSyr
10-04-2016, 16:02
except this is hurt and blind :)

Shadowoff
10-04-2016, 16:10
Put the ' ki ' dificulty higher .

100% AI is still pretty slow... The AI make so many useless mistakes... They could be 1 second faster on each track and on some even more... Also in career. The AI is there faster then in single player, but still not fast enough...

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
10-04-2016, 16:11
German word for "ai"So how do they write "aikido"? =)

Azure Flare
10-04-2016, 16:18
Only Multiplayer but this I dont want to.
I will the old patch 5.0

I've also noticed something else. How do you expect to race online using the 5.0 patch when we're on 10.1?

Roger Prynne
10-04-2016, 16:19
Have you looked at any of the good videos in this thread?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21976-pCARS-YouTube-Video-Thread-Single-Player

Panopticism
10-04-2016, 16:43
I've also noticed something else. How do you expect to race online using the 5.0 patch when we're on 10.1?

Pretty sure they're saying that they don't want to play multiplayer, even though it's the only source of competition that is fast enough.

Was the AI faster back in 5.0?

Seelenkrank
10-04-2016, 16:49
a buddy from a forum had an idea how to adjust the AI.
take the times from the timetrail database as reference!
maybe first legit 10 times and make a average from this times = the time for 100% AI on this track with this car.
(maybe lower the average ~5% so you had a chance to win at 100%)

MIKEE74
10-04-2016, 17:14
Was the AI faster back in 5.0?
Yes, i have make ever 75% or 80% and have good Chance for Win.
Now with 100% ever wins.
The Storymode is better,
but i cant good drive wirth Super Carts

Roger Prynne
10-04-2016, 17:23
You don't have to start with carts if you didn't know, you can start with any you like.

MIKEE74
10-04-2016, 17:53
I know.
i have this write, because with this i cant assess the AI in the career.
I musst can better drive, and i can asses the Ai.

Konan
10-04-2016, 18:45
100% AI is still pretty slow... The AI make so many useless mistakes... They could be 1 second faster on each track and on some even more... Also in career. The AI is there faster then in single player, but still not fast enough...

Some people are just hard/impossible to please...not long ago i read that the AI doesn't make enough mistakes :confused:
A perfect example of the difficulties the Devs can come across...AI too difficult -> complaints....AI too easy-> complaints.
So they chose the middle-ground -> complaints....
No matter what or how perfect a game is,there will always be some people who have to complain about something...
Right or wrong,i'll leave that in the middle...(and open for complaints) :rolleyes:

Edit: suggestion (albeit somewhat on orthodox) you can setup your car to be slower than the AI and create a more challenging experience like that....

Roger Prynne
10-04-2016, 19:50
Some people are just hard/impossible to please...not long ago i read that the AI doesn't make enough mistakes :confused:
A perfect example of the difficulties the Devs can come across...AI too difficult -> complaints....AI too easy-> complaints.
So they chose the middle-ground -> complaints....
No matter what or how perfect a game is,there will always be some people who have to complain about something...
Right or wrong,i'll leave that in the middle...(and open for complaints) :rolleyes:

Edit: suggestion (albeit somewhat on orthodox) you can setup your car to be slower than the AI and create a more challenging experience like that....

Exactly, but some people can't seem to grasp this.

Konan
10-04-2016, 19:57
Exactly, but some people can't seem to grasp this.

Agreed...can't blame a guy for (continuously :cool:) trying though...lol
At least the options are mentioned...now it's up to them to use them (or not) :rolleyes:

E_Luckow
10-04-2016, 23:30
I don´t have this problem. I must be really slow :cool:

kevin kirk
11-04-2016, 01:38
Why don't you just do like they do in real life if your so much faster than everyone else. Put a BOP on your car, restrictor,or use hard tires,plenty of was to even it out.

11-04-2016, 06:51
Most series don't use individual BoP, and I can see the point against slowing yourself down to match the AI: It's no longer a proper accomplishment to win against the AI if you're having to resort to weighing yourself down, you can't go "Yes, I finally beat them!"

But it's about the only option you tend to get. And it's not pCARS alone that suffers from this, in ISImotor games I've always tended to use AI difficulty in the 110-120% range (at which point the AI cheats by definition) or using a slow car on purpose, and in Gran Turismo it was normal to have to take a car that has 150-250 hp less power than the race allowed just to balance out the AI (would have liked to use that in Shift 2 as well, but the AI automatically balanced around your car so it wasn't possible). And I still ended up winning against Skyline GT-Rs, Jaguars etc. with a (almost completely non-tuned) Mazda Demio, on the bloody High Speed Ring. =P

Konan
11-04-2016, 07:17
Most series don't use individual BoP, and I can see the point against slowing yourself down to match the AI: It's no longer a proper accomplishment to win against the AI if you're having to resort to weighing yourself down, you can't go "Yes, I finally beat them!"

But it's about the only option you tend to get. And it's not pCARS alone that suffers from this, in ISImotor games I've always tended to use AI difficulty in the 110-120% range (at which point the AI cheats by definition) or using a slow car on purpose, and in Gran Turismo it was normal to have to take a car that has 150-250 hp less power than the race allowed just to balance out the AI (would have liked to use that in Shift 2 as well, but the AI automatically balanced around your car so it wasn't possible). And I still ended up winning against Skyline GT-Rs, Jaguars etc. with a (almost completely non-tuned) Mazda Demio, on the bloody High Speed Ring. =P

I beg to differ on your first point....the accomplshment of winning against the AI is even greater when you know you've got a slower car....
As i said,it is a bit unorthodox to tweak your car down in order to have a more challenging experience but that's just what it's meant for: to have a more challenging experience....
I'd rather win a race by fighting for every spot then finishing first x seconds in front (while usually taking the lead after 2 or 3 laps) :cool:

11-04-2016, 07:27
I'd rather win a race by fighting for every spot then finishing first x seconds in front (while usually taking the lead after 2 or 3 laps) :cool:Heck, I'd rather even come 3rd in a race fighting for every position than winning by a minute. But I really wish I could go all out when doing it, driving as fast as possible with a setup that's as fast as I can make it, pushing to the limit all the time instead of shooting myself in the foot on purpose before starting the race. =)

Konan
11-04-2016, 07:40
Heck, I'd rather even come 3rd in a race fighting for every position than winning by a minute. But I really wish I could go all out when doing it, driving as fast as possible with a setup that's as fast as I can make it, pushing to the limit all the time instead of shooting myself in the foot on purpose before starting the race. =)

A valid point...but as the saying goes: "you have to fight with what you've got"
At the moment these are the options we got so we'll have to make the best of it as is....
The OP is "KI too slowly"... Nothing to do about that except slowing yourself down i'm affraid...
Question asked -> question answered...
Not the answer he would have wanted but hey...it is what it is...

E_Luckow
11-04-2016, 13:00
About the OP... I assume all the driving assists are off, right?

Shadowoff
11-04-2016, 16:47
About the OP... I assume all the driving assists are off, right?

Yep, driving for example the Aston GTE. I drive with real assists and turn TC off, means that Im driving in the Aston GTE without assists and am still faster than 100 AI

kevin kirk
11-04-2016, 19:55
For me on 80 to 90, There are certain times during the race I'm faster but I'm never faster all the way through the race. Seems to level out if I let the race play out.

bporion
11-04-2016, 19:59
Yep, driving for example the Aston GTE. I drive with real assists and turn TC off, means that Im driving in the Aston GTE without assists and am still faster than 100 AI

Maybe your just that good ?? :-)

E_Luckow
11-04-2016, 20:35

Have you tried racing backwards? :cool:

Roger Prynne
11-04-2016, 20:47
Or with your eyes closed :biggrin-new:

bporion
11-04-2016, 20:50
How about you do a lap anywhere you want and post your time ? I want proof the Stig is playing Pcars !!

Konan
11-04-2016, 20:58
Or with your eyes closed :biggrin-new:

That's for online only....:rolleyes:

MIKEE74
12-04-2016, 19:07
My tread in the German Forum;
https://www.pcars-forum.de/thema/5781-die-ki-ist-einfach-viel-zu-schwach/