PDA

View Full Version : Any way to use Simvibe with a ButtKicker on Xbox one?

gazza1101
10-04-2016, 08:19
As above really, I have a Earthquake shellshox that is similar to the Buttkicker, it works great without the software but its on the first floor with wooden floorboards and when turned up to a decent level it can be heard at certain frequencies below, I was hoping I could tune these frequencies out. I would also like to use it any way as it sounds as if it improves the whole fun factor, UDP maybe, also any advice on isolating the vibration from my metal cockpit to the floor would be helpfull, I have rubber washers between the 2 parts of the frame where the shellshox is connected and pipe lagging tubes on the frame where it touches the carpeted floor?

Ryzza5
10-04-2016, 09:03
If SimVibe supports reading pCARS UDP shared memory data over the LAN, and you have a second sound card setup as per requirements, then I guess it could work (if your PC and PS4 are close enough together for the cabling). Maybe get in contact with them to ask.

Try asking them:
http://simxperience.com/en-us/contactus.aspx

gazza1101
10-04-2016, 16:04
If SimVibe supports reading pCARS UDP shared memory data over the LAN, and you have a second sound card setup as per requirements, then I guess it could work (if your PC and PS4 are close enough together for the cabling). Maybe get in contact with them to ask.

Try asking them:
http://simxperience.com/en-us/contactus.aspx. Thanks for the reply, I have contacted them but had no reply.

Slowsley
12-04-2016, 00:24
Try some rubber isolators. Buttkicker sells some and I'm sure there are plenty of others.

Ekay.jay
12-04-2016, 02:07
Can you not just run your audio from your ps4 to your pc, the from your pc to the amp that powers the buttkickers? I have been wondering this myself as I play on console but would love to use simvibe for my 4 aura pro shakers.

gazza1101
12-04-2016, 05:41
Can you not just run your audio from your ps4 to your pc, the from your pc to the amp that powers the buttkickers? I have been wondering this myself as I play on console but would love to use simvibe for my 4 aura pro shakers. I dont think you can, i think Simvibe needs to know which game you are loading, i know XSimulator has a UDP plugin so I am guessing it would be possible for Simvibe?

hkraft300
12-04-2016, 06:29
If you run Buttkicker from your amp, you'll get low frequency (bass) audio signals to shake your rig.
If you run Buttkicker through something like simvibe, I'm guessing you can channel some SoP FFB signal through to it.
I've raced on rigs (hyperstimulator with rfactor) with 4-corner shakers that respond to ffb signals (not audio like buttkicker) and it is fantastic not just for immersion but to feel what the car is doing.
For consoles, the only way at the moment is what Ryzza said, unless Simvibe get Xbox/PS support.

Ekay.jay
12-04-2016, 12:01
I dont think you can, i think Simvibe needs to know which game you are loading, i know XSimulator has a UDP plugin so I am guessing it would be possible for Simvibe?

I did some reading on the simvibe. It works off the ffb/telemetry, not the audio like I thought.

gazza1101
12-04-2016, 16:33
If you run Buttkicker from your amp, you'll get low frequency (bass) audio signals to shake your rig.
If you run Buttkicker through something like simvibe, I'm guessing you can channel some SoP FFB signal through to it.
I've raced on rigs (hyperstimulator with rfactor) with 4-corner shakers that respond to ffb signals (not audio like buttkicker) and it is fantastic not just for immersion but to feel what the car is doing.
For consoles, the only way at the moment is what Ryzza said, unless Simvibe get Xbox/PS support. I think the Pc needs to know which game is being played as the actual simvibe software has shortcuts to the Game executables...Thanks for the replies, hopefully Simvibe will be in touch.

hkraft300
12-04-2016, 16:48
Maybe you could duplicate the ffb signal from your wheel and send it to the buttkicker with some filtering?

Ekay.jay
12-04-2016, 17:14
I think the Pc needs to know which game is being played as the actual simvibe software has shortcuts to the Game executables...Thanks for the replies, hopefully Simvibe will be in touch.

Please let us know what they say, as im interested also.

gazza1101
12-04-2016, 19:58
Please let us know what they say, as im interested also. will do