PDA

View Full Version : G29 FFB problems on PS4

qbRace
10-04-2016, 09:55
Hello guys,
I'm new here at this forum and I think I'm at the right place for my problems with the ffb.
I bought the G29 for the PS4 and the first time I was playing pcars, the ffb felt not good and weak. Driving on straight line is ok, but when I'm cornering the ffb is away and I feel no curbs or something like that. Generally I don't feel very much. No oversteering, no understeering.
So I tried to improve it, but I have no idea what I should change for an improvement. I put the main strenght up but then it began to shake as crazy.
I want, that the ffb feel most realistically.
Did someone had the same problem with it, or does someone know a solution or a link to a page, which could help?

BCJM76
10-04-2016, 12:43
Try this:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35635-G29-Discussions-Plus-Support-and-Settings&p=1254727&viewfull=1#post1254727

roberto81
11-04-2016, 16:16
I've a problem with the wheel aswell I've configured the steering as its says but soon as i leave the pits the car just goes off to the left into the barrier can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong thanks

cmch15
11-04-2016, 16:46
I've a problem with the wheel aswell I've configured the steering as its says but soon as i leave the pits the car just goes off to the left into the barrier can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong thanks

Ps4? Have you calibrated the wheel? Have you got the switch on the wheel set to PS4?

I have had this once where the wheel had rotated to the left whilst loading, exited the pits and what you describe happened. Return to pit, rotated the wheel to centre, problem solved.

roberto81
11-04-2016, 17:04
it's switched to ps4 it doesn't calibrate when the game loads up like my old thrustmaster used to all the buttons work in the menus I've followed the calibration menu as its says but the wheel also feels really loose like there's nothing there and soon as I go to track the car goes into the barrier, I can turn the wheel but it will just go in a circle no matter what i do

cmch15
11-04-2016, 17:20
Ok, so starting from the beginning.... PS4 off, G29 plugged in both USB and mains. When you turn the PS4 on, the wheel should rotate fully in both directions, which sounds like its not doing.

All cables (pedals/shifter) securely connected to the wheel base?
Are you plugging it straight into the console, and not through a hub?

roberto81
11-04-2016, 17:28
followed all those steps checked all leads plugged in no Hub and the wheel does not rotate in direction after turning on the PS4 on, it's a brand new wheel from Logitech today

roberto81
11-04-2016, 17:32
I just reset the ps4 for the 5th time doing nothing different and it suddenly sprung into life and started moving on start up

cmch15
11-04-2016, 17:37
Edit: Keep an eye, any signs of trouble get it exchanged. :)

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
11-04-2016, 17:52
I always have my G29 unplugged from mains and no USB inserted until I have loaded the game then when it says press x I plug mains in and connect USB my wheel then calibrates and then I press the options button on G29 this will connect the G29 to ps4 by pressing x it will then go back to the pcars screen saying press x, press x on the G29 and I'm ready to race

cmch15
11-04-2016, 18:45
Interesting way around, but proves it should work either way. :)