PDA

View Full Version : [NO] GOTY edition will have exclusive dlc?

the_monk
10-04-2016, 21:49
Hi,
Will the Game Of the Year edition come with some exclusive dlc that can't be had in the standard version for free? i heard somewhere that all the dlc will come free eventually to the standard version, is that true?

Thanks.

Sasquatch
10-04-2016, 21:58
No. The Pagani Expansion and Nurburgring track(s) will be DLC the on same day as the GotY edition.

Atleast that's what i've gathered.

cluck
10-04-2016, 22:02
Correct Sasquatch, the GOTY edition will contain all of the DLC released to date plus the upcoming DLC that includes 2 Pagani cars and the Nürburgring 24hr track. That upcoming pack will be available as a paid expansion pack on the same day (or so the news has been thus far).

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
10-04-2016, 23:19
The "exclusive" used in marketing refers to the Pagani Huayra BC (and the Zonda Revolucion as well?) being exclusive to Project CARS, not exclusive to the GOTY edition.

Ray Pim
10-04-2016, 23:31
Will we still get to keep all these exclusive bugs :p

BullWinkle
11-04-2016, 00:00
Will we still get to keep all these exclusive bugs :p

No. "exclusive bugs" will be called 'Features' and will be available as a separate 'Features DLC' after the GOTY release. Please, be patient.
:p

Lewis Puppy
12-04-2016, 01:30
How did Forza 6 get the racing game of the year award with PCARS only getting honorable mention?

Rambo_Commando
12-04-2016, 03:27
How did Forza 6 get the racing game of the year award with PCARS only getting honorable mention?

Really??? So if Forza got the GOTY award, how can Pcars come out with a GOTY edition? Are you sure you don't have the two mixed up?

Lewis Puppy
12-04-2016, 03:44
Really??? So if Forza got the GOTY award, how can Pcars come out with a GOTY edition? Are you sure you don't have the two mixed up?

RACING GAME OF THE YEAR

"Winner: Forza Motorsport 6"
*Need for Speed
*Project Cars

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-2016-dice-award-winners-updated/1100-6434830/

ashasha
12-04-2016, 04:18
Keyword being game, not sim.

Konan
12-04-2016, 05:34

It's almost standard procedure for a game developer to release a GOTY after a year...not much to do with awards (or so i've heard)
Be that as it may...i think SMS is entitled to call it GOTY because to many of us it is anyway...

Sankyo
12-04-2016, 05:49
More than one site or magazine has its game of the year awards, there is no exclusive one-and-only GOTY election that everyone refers to.

12-04-2016, 09:23
Yeah, Project CARS got 4 GOTYs, it was the racing game of the year for Gamespot, PC Gamer, Red Bull and God Is A Geek. At a guess about 20-50 games get a goty every year from various publications.

FS7
12-04-2016, 12:27
Really??? So if Forza got the GOTY award, how can Pcars come out with a GOTY edition?
Maybe because SMS isn't as greedy as Turn10.
Last Forza game to get a GOTY/complete edition was FM3, for all the Forza games after that one's cheapest option to get all DLCs is to buy the season pass, which still isn't as cheap as a GOTY/complete edition.

Rambo_Commando
12-04-2016, 15:37
It's shocking the Need for Speed is included in that category. There isn't even an option for manual transmission in that game. To be honest Pcars shouldn't be labeled as GOTY. It should be called The Definitive Comprehensive Fully Customizable Realistic Racing Simulation To Ever Hit Consoles edition, or PCars TDCFCRRSTEHC edition for short.

cluck
12-04-2016, 15:43
It's shocking the Need for Speed is included in that category. There isn't even an option for manual transmission in that game. To be honest Pcars shouldn't be labeled as GOTY. It should be called The Definitive Comprehensive Fully Customizable Realistic Racing Simulation To Ever Hit Consoles edition, or PCars TDCFCRRSTEHC edition for short.Catchy name :)

Konan
12-04-2016, 15:47
Catchy name :)

Yeah...sounds like about every sentence i speak when i had a few Gin 'n tonics....:cool:

FS7
12-04-2016, 15:49
To be honest Pcars shouldn't be labeled as GOTY. It should be called The Definitive Comprehensive Fully Customizable Realistic Racing Simulation To Ever Hit Consoles edition, or PCars TDCFCRRSTEHC edition for short.
You could call it Goatee edition, or get the Japanese PCP edition.

the_monk
12-04-2016, 20:07
Ok so the dlc(Pagani Expansion and Nurburgring track) will be paid but the GOTY edition gets them all included for free right? thats sounds like a nice deal.

FS7
12-04-2016, 20:17
Ok so the dlc(Pagani Expansion and Nurburgring track) will be paid but the GOTY edition gets them all included for free right? thats sounds like a nice deal.
Yes, for people who still haven't got PCars the GOTY is a great deal.
Also, people who have the disc version of PCars but haven't bought any DLC probably could sell their copy of the game and buy the GOTY edition and save some money.

Azure Flare
13-04-2016, 09:29
You could call it Goatee edition, or get the Japanese PCP edition.

If there was a version of PCars sold with PCP, I'd buy it.

casscroute
26-04-2016, 12:27
Hi all

I post this just message to know if " 50 + cars (125 total) " are the every DLCs of PCARS1 ?

;)

AbeWoz
26-04-2016, 12:29
the GOTY edition will include the game, all DLC released up to the point, and the yet to be released Nurburgring combined layout + the 2 new Paganis, on May 6th.

casscroute
26-04-2016, 12:35
the GOTY edition will include the game, all DLC released up to the point, and the yet to be released Nurburgring combined layout + the 2 new Paganis, on May 6th.

ok thanks for the answer

FS7
26-04-2016, 13:48
Aside from the last free car, all the content of the GOTY is listed on the official website:

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/cars.html
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/locations.html
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/on-demand.html

Sankyo
26-04-2016, 15:22
Merged with similar thread.

the_monk
02-05-2016, 08:55
so basically the GOTY edition will have all dlc to date & the original/early owners have to still pay for it when it comes out? or will they also get all dlc free?

Bealdor
02-05-2016, 09:08
so basically the GOTY edition will have all dlc to date & the original/early owners have to still pay for it when it comes out?

Correct.

or will they also get all dlc free?

No.

the_monk
02-05-2016, 11:00
Correct.

No.

Thanks for the info, i had sold my copy months back as i got into forza6 but now might buy the GOTY edition to give it another try, nice :-)

AbeWoz
02-05-2016, 11:42
Friday needs to hurry up! My new PC build is done, just waiting for GOTY so I can make the switch from XB1

Machinist90
02-05-2016, 12:07
It's shocking the Need for Speed is included in that category. There isn't even an option for manual transmission in that game. To be honest Pcars shouldn't be labeled as GOTY. It should be called The Definitive Comprehensive Fully Customizable Realistic Racing Simulation To Ever Hit Consoles edition, or PCars TDCFCRRSTEHC edition for short.

NFS has manual transmission...just saying

AbeWoz
02-05-2016, 12:09
NFS has manual transmission...just saying

it does not, it didnt at launch, which is why i took the game back after an hour of playing.

DreamsKnight
02-05-2016, 17:36
it does not, it didnt at launch, which is why i took the game back after an hour of playing.

as a fan of the series, for nfs is necessary: turn left, turn right, throttle, handbrake, nos. no more. :D

DreamsKnight
02-05-2016, 17:40
RACING GAME OF THE YEAR

"Winner: Forza Motorsport 6"
*Need for Speed
*Project Cars

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-2016-dice-award-winners-updated/1100-6434830/

drunked charts.

fallout 4 as game of the year instead of witcher 3 is something absurd. F4 is one of the worst games i ever played. witcher 3 is the best game i ever played.

02-05-2016, 17:50
as a fan of the series, for nfs is necessary: turn left, turn right, throttle, handbrake, nos. no more. :DBah, NFS did fine for almost a decade without any NOS! =)

FS7
02-05-2016, 18:31
It would be nice to have a couple more DLC tracks (as well as a Star Wars livery pack on the 4th and a 1-year anniversary DLC on the 12th) but I'm not expecting any more DLC after the Pagani Nurburgring expansion.

Bah, NFS did fine for almost a decade without any NOS! =)
True, NFSHP2 on PS2 is still my favorite. No upgrades, no nitros, no lame story or cutscenes, I could setup races offline, there wasn't any online-only bs.

MillsLayne
03-05-2016, 03:21
drunked charts.

fallout 4 as game of the year instead of witcher 3 is something absurd. F4 is one of the worst games i ever played. witcher 3 is the best game i ever played.

Fallout 4 is one of the worst games you ever played? Damn, I thought it was one of the best games I've played in a long time.

But the best racing game of the year was always going to be Forza 6 and not because I agree, not at all, but because it caters to the masses, while pCars is actually going for realism above all else. People don't like things that are too realistic and hard.

Konan
03-05-2016, 05:52
Fallout 4 is one of the worst games you ever played? Damn, I thought it was one of the best games I've played in a long time.

But the best racing game of the year was always going to be Forza 6 and not because I agree, not at all, but because it caters to the masses, while pCars is actually going for realism above all else. People don't like things that are too realistic and hard.

You mean SOME people right?
I like it...and millions with me...:cool:
I on the other hand don't understand that some people want their RPG,war games,etc...to be realistic but rather play arcade style racing games....

Bealdor
03-05-2016, 05:54
You mean SOME people right?
I like it...and millions with me...:cool:

Unfortunately the correct term would be MOST.

Konan
03-05-2016, 06:04
Unfortunately the correct term would be MOST.

I know...didn't want to sound too negative...:cool:

MillsLayne
03-05-2016, 06:41
Yeah, we're few among the masses. Luckily, it seems like the sim community is picking up a little bit of steam this year with Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa being released and then pCars 2 next year or whenever.

DreamsKnight
03-05-2016, 11:40
Bah, NFS did fine for almost a decade without any NOS! =)

i'm an old boy with a voodoo2 and after a 9700pro. i think you know what i mean. :D

no story, no immersion, zero linearity, no goals. go there, shoot, go there shoot. witcher 3 is an experience. fallout4 is only smoke in the eyes. IMHO. :D