PDA

View Full Version : How to un-cap FPS with Oculus home, 1.3 runtime

CyJohn
11-04-2016, 08:49
Hi all, wondered if anyone could help.

Brought pcars through Oculus Home to run with my DK2 (for now), when I launch the game to my monitor fps runs as high as possible. As soon as I connect the rift it hits 75fps and won't go above no matter how low I make the settings. Is there a way anyone knows to remove this cap?

Also on a side note, don't suppose there's a way to view fps ingame through the oculus?
(For the moment using the monitor and logs within afterburner)

Many thanks
John

CeeBee2001
11-04-2016, 12:23
Hi all, wondered if anyone could help.

Brought pcars through Oculus Home to run with my DK2 (for now), when I launch the game to my monitor fps runs as high as possible. As soon as I connect the rift it hits 75fps and won't go above no matter how low I make the settings. Is there a way anyone knows to remove this cap?

Also on a side note, don't suppose there's a way to view fps ingame through the oculus?
(For the moment using the monitor and logs within afterburner)

Many thanks
John

Your DK2's native refresh rate is 75Hz. All games are meant to be played on the DK2 at 75Hz. Any more or less FPS and you will experience judder/blurring. 75 is the magic number for DK2. On the CV1 it would lock to 90Hz as it has a 90Hz native refresh rate.

Hope this helps.

CyJohn
11-04-2016, 13:57
I've played other games on much higher refresh rates and while the risk for tearing is there I've never encountered it, with racing sims I want higher to eliminate input lag and ffb loss

snakehands
12-04-2016, 15:08
I've played other games on much higher refresh rates and while the risk for tearing is there I've never encountered it, with racing sims I want higher to eliminate input lag and ffb loss

ATW is supposed to vastly reduce/eliminate lag in v-sync. Anyway, v-sync and VR go hand in hand atm, so no way for you to uncap the frame rate.

TrevorAustin
12-04-2016, 15:58

Not with the DK2 since 0.6 you haven't:)

CyJohn
13-04-2016, 03:37
Not with the DK2 since 0.6 you haven't:)

Haha, you're right. I realised that I've always been using extended mode. Had to with iRacing only using 0.6 and earlier, running windows 10 extended mode was the only way.
My mistake Direct mode caps the frames to refresh rate it seems :)