PDA

View Full Version : Please fix the names.

Charger
11-04-2016, 19:35
I know it's in the pipeline and it was a consideration for Oculus to get it working but not having names over drivers is turning online races into a complete mess.

Rammers have realised that is near impossible to say who just hit you up the arse and they are using it with impunity, now we have a rating system on our server we have become a target for idiots who think it's funny to make you lose points, brake checking seems to be the current fun thing to do as a person who hits someone in the rear gets a lot more points than those who are hit.

I know Oculus users needed it but I am sure they are suffering the same as normal players are with this problem.

Can this not be pushed into a small patch for everyone instead of waiting to get it in a normal patch?

It takes an awfully long time to go through the HTTP API on the DS to look at the players number reference and match it to a name after you have found the impact points on the list, this is if you have a DS, P2P must be a nightmare with the wrong players being accused and kicked as they happened maybe to be near the impact and accused of it.

It is really spoiling the online play at the moment and people are getting tired of it.

PS I am not whinging, I love this game but my god it takes a lot out of you when you are doing your best and some tool comes along and ruins it.

Charger
12-04-2016, 01:42
Gotta love people who give a bad rep with a tag like this 'QQ u know it will be fixed, so I'd say u r whinging'

If you have something to say 'man up' and say it in public you tool.

Sankyo
12-04-2016, 05:56
No need to start calling names about a bad rep, yes it's irritating but then posting such a message about it isn't going to help and only drags the whole forum down.

As for the OP, yes the devs are aware of all of that and as explained already, pushing out the Oculus patch had priority over fixing the name size.

FR-Alan
12-04-2016, 08:09
Dear Remco,
We try as much as we can to pull up this game to the level it deserve. Reporting things, bugs, etc... We are very very patient i think for a product we payed to work.
Investigation on small things are still running for months...
We understand than adding new feature could be difficult, but fixing the existant is necessary.
Best regards

Sankyo
12-04-2016, 08:32
Dear Remco,
We try as much as we can to pull up this game to the level it deserve. Reporting things, bugs, etc... We are very very patient i think for a product we payed to work.
Investigation on small things are still running for months...
We understand than adding new feature could be difficult, but fixing the existant is necessary.
Best regards
It will be fixed, as the OP already indicated in the first sentence.

hkraft300
12-04-2016, 17:05
Not easy to see player names stuffing up a session on PS4 either, but the position/ number is easy enough to see.
I just look up who's in the lobby, match the name to the number.
Hopefully get them kicked during quali, before race starts.

LamboMantisMan23
12-04-2016, 17:20
It will be fixed, as the OP already indicated in the first sentence.

Why does this thread exist then...

Sankyo
12-04-2016, 19:05
Why does this thread exist then...

Some people have this urge to post what they're thinking. :)

Thread has served its purpose though, so closed.