PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] Lack of HP of my cars

nac82
11-04-2016, 20:27
Hello all,

I recently view with my HUD that my cars can't reach full power. I explain myself. For example, the M1 Procar have more than 400HP but when i'm riding the car, I can view on the telemetry that the max of HP is 380Hp. How is it possible ? It seems the AI is not affected by this. I have the same with the Toyota TS040, the full power is only 450HP but the specifications show more than 1000HP ! Is it a bug ?

Thank you,
Nac

venomreturn
11-04-2016, 20:34
Do you play with auto gear ?

nac82
11-04-2016, 20:37
No, manual gear...

venomreturn
11-04-2016, 20:40
For the toyota it's because there is 2 engine, 1 works all the time and is around 450/500HP and another one wich is a KERS system. It only works with energy after braking.
For the BMW i have absolutely no clue

venomreturn
11-04-2016, 20:44
I just tried the M1 , i reach 453/455 HP in straight

nac82
11-04-2016, 20:54
Maybe it's the setup i'm using... I've just tried the R8 v10 on Monza, can't reach the 550hp :/

RomKnight
11-04-2016, 21:41
What track? because altitude matters ;)

And BTW, you use a wheel or pad? It you use a wheel (plus pedals ofc) check the telemetry to see if the throttle bar is reaching to the top. Got a friend last championship that noticed (last race :D ) he was slow than everyone else because of potentiometer problems on the throttle pedas which was just above 80% ;)

/edit

ops, you used Monza already. TBH I don't really have on the top of my head where monza is in terms of altitude (which really hurts non-turbo cars) so... yeah. at least someone might be able to answer better.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
11-04-2016, 21:50
Many of the power figures in the car info screen aren't accurate, for example the Ginetta G55 GT3 is claimed to produce 525 bhp but it produces at MOST 498 bhp. Also remember that the higher you are above sea level the less power you have available if you're driving a naturally aspirated car. At Nordschleife or Bathurst will have a lot less power than you would have at Dubai for example.

Also w.r.t. the Toyota TS040 specifically, the power output listed in the car info is STRICTLY the peak power output with the full power of the gas engine as well as the hybrid power, you can only reach this momentarily if you manage to get the gas engine to peak power while still having hybrid power left.

You can only really reach the true peak power of any given car at the lowest altitude track in the game, which is the Mojave Test Track. The 1M Procar produces 486 bhp there, without hybrid power the Toyota TS040 reaches about 524 bhp, and the R8 V10+ can hit 557 bhp. If you can't reach that at Mojave, the main reason that comes to mind is you're not getting 100% throttle input like you should.

nac82
12-04-2016, 08:18
Many of the power figures in the car info screen aren't accurate, for example the Ginetta G55 GT3 is claimed to produce 525 bhp but it produces at MOST 498 bhp. Also remember that the higher you are above sea level the less power you have available if you're driving a naturally aspirated car. At Nordschleife or Bathurst will have a lot less power than you would have at Dubai for example.

Also w.r.t. the Toyota TS040 specifically, the power output listed in the car info is STRICTLY the peak power output with the full power of the gas engine as well as the hybrid power, you can only reach this momentarily if you manage to get the gas engine to peak power while still having hybrid power left.

You can only really reach the true peak power of any given car at the lowest altitude track in the game, which is the Mojave Test Track. The 1M Procar produces 486 bhp there, without hybrid power the Toyota TS040 reaches about 524 bhp, and the R8 V10+ can hit 557 bhp. If you can't reach that at Mojave, the main reason that comes to mind is you're not getting 100% throttle input like you should.

I can't hit 557Hp with my Audi R8 V10+ and when I watch the throttle bar is not reaching the top. BTW I'm using a PS4 pad...

nac82
12-04-2016, 08:50
Just found where it came from... Throttle sensitity was at 15... I set now at 100 and I can go at full throttle and power :) Hit 480hp with the procar at Mojave and almost 540hp with the R8 V10+. Thanks all for your answers :)

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
12-04-2016, 09:11
Yeah, sounds like it was a calibration issue then. You shouldn't neet 100 sensitivity though, that's going to make giving the car a little throttle difficult... Can you calibrate your triggers anywhere?

hkraft300
12-04-2016, 10:15
I haven't found a way to calibrate or reset the DS4. Best solution I've found is to play another game (BF4 specifically) then come back to pcars. Haven't had a problem with triggers but I am having issues with the R stick being enthusiastic to spike left when I've got it at minimal angles. Spun me more than a few times when I'm making minor corrections.

nac82
12-04-2016, 10:55
I don't have an idea where else I can calibrate the triggers... Maybe the solution of Hkraft300 will be good. I'll try later to go on BF Hardline and come back to PCARS.
Anyway, the throttle difficult is not so hard to manage for me :)