PDA

View Full Version : Playseat Challenge or Evolution?

dangerousdriver
11-04-2016, 20:37
Hey,

I am currently running with a T300 wheel with 599XX/F1 rims. I am using a Wheel Stand Pro V2 which is ok, but I am using a fishing chair which I actually like as you can sit low and it is comfortable. However as many of you will know under heavy breaking and steering corrections I end up moving about and jiggling the chair back into place down a straight. Not ideal so it led me to start looking at sim rigs.

I play Project Cars, F1 2015, Dirt Rally etc so whilst I like the look of the Playseat Evolution I have read in various places that it isn't the most comfortable seat in the world and many suffer from numb bum and backache after longer periods. I tend to take part in endurance races and full length F1 races so this doesn't sound great and the padding in the Evolution doesn't look up to much.

Space is not an issue for me and it won't be put away ever, so that's not something I have to worry about. I then watched a review by Inside Sim Racing where they reviewed the Challenge. At first glance it looks flimsy, but actually one of the things I liked was that it had the same style construction as my fishing chair, almost like a hammock which mimics a real F1 seat. It looked comfortable and also you could put the chair into both F1 and Gt seating positions.

Anyone with either can offer their advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've looked at GT Omega as well, and they look good value for money.

Roger Prynne
11-04-2016, 20:43
Well I've got a Playseat Challenge and I was very surprised how solid and comfortable it is.
I suffer from lower back problems and cant sit in the harder racing seats for more than 30 mins or so, with this one I can sit in it for hours on end without any problems at all.
Others might disagree but for me it's the one that works, and for the price it's a great buy.

dangerousdriver
11-04-2016, 20:49
Well I've got a Playseat Challenge and I was very surprised how solid and comfortable it is.
I suffer from lower back problems and cant sit in the harder racing seats for more than 30 mins or so, with this one I can sit in it for hours on end without any problems at all.
Others might disagree but for me it's the one that works, and for the price it's a great buy.

Cheers buddy, it is more solid than it looks. I've got bulging discs at the base of my spine so I get numb bum real quick on most seats whereas using my fishing chair I don't seem to suffer too badly. The evolution looks quite uncomfortable and more sale over substance IMO, but what's the adjustment like in terms of going from F1 to GT? It looks like you can have it leaned back quite a bit. And what's the pedal holder like, is it solid?

Roger Prynne
11-04-2016, 20:58
Yeah it's all solid as a rock, and yes you can recline it like an F1 seat and then change to be more upright if you want.
The only thing I would say about the pedal base is that I need to raise it about 6" to make it more comfortable, especially when in F1 style.

Also you want to get your screen as close to the base of the wheel as you can, but I would do that for any rig anyway.

dangerousdriver
11-04-2016, 21:09
Yeah it's all solid as a rock, and yes you can recline it like an F1 seat and then change to be more upright if you want.
The only thing I would say about the pedal base is that I need to raise it about 6" to make it more comfortable, especially when in F1 style.

Also you want to get your screen as close to the base of the wheel as you can, but I would do that for any rig anyway.

I did wonder about the pedal position in F1 style sitting position. What do you do to raise yours up? I have a 27in monitor that is wall mounted but I'm up real close to it.

Reiche
11-04-2016, 21:13
I can totally confirm what Roger is saying, the Challenge is amazingly solid and comfortable. I also raised the pedal base a bit, I used the packaging of the Gear Shift Support (just cut it into two pieces, attached it with some tape and stabilized the whole thing with two of these yellow inserts of Kinder surprise.. it was supposed to be temporarily for a quick test, but I'm using it for two or three months now; maybe I can upload some pics from my phone).

If the seat is not meant to be moved away, you should check out the "Show your rig" thread or similiar threads in other forums, there are even guys who mounted their screens directly to the seat, etc.

IMO the challenge is absolutely worth its money..

Here's my minimum budget solution =D and those racing shoes were just for demonstration purposes =D

dangerousdriver
11-04-2016, 21:17
I can totally confirm what Roger is saying, the Challenge is amazingly solid and comfortable. I also raised the pedal base a bit, I used the packaging of the Gear Shift Support (just cut it into two pieces, attached it with some tape and stabilized the whole thing with two of these yellow inserts of Kinder surprise.. it was supposed to be temporarily for a quick test, but I'm using it for two or three months now; maybe I can upload some pics from my phone).

If the seat is not meant to be moved away, you should check out the "Show your rig" thread or similiar threads in other forums, there are even guys who mounted their screens directly to the seat, etc.

Hey Reiche,

Thanks for the post. How did you raise your pedal base? Did you find the Challenge moved side to side then before you modified it?

I'm leaning towards the Challenge over the Evolution.

Roger Prynne
11-04-2016, 21:24
My pedals are right under my 50" TV and just sit on a 6/8" high small box, they wont move anywhere as they are connected to the seat.
Once your weight is on the seat it's solid.

GrimeyDog
11-04-2016, 21:36
Check out this Rig!!! Not too expensive... only few $$$ more than the playseat Challenge but if you have space for a rig then its a Good buy and can be upgraded over time... There are a few different models that may suit your budget or needs.

I have been looking at Rseat RS1 for a bit now waiting for a price drop especially not that they released the N1 but its Not dropping!!! I don,t want to spend $950.00 total cost with shipping and taxes on it!!!

I'm thinking about getting the Super Sport (Full Bracing) model from this site and its only $620.00 after adding the Fanatec shifter Mount, taxes and Shipping.

Super Sport Evolution - Build Kit - 25 Series – Open Sim Rigs (http://www.opensimrigs.com/collections/plans-and-custom-plates/products/super-sport-rim-rig-plans)

Roger Prynne
11-04-2016, 21:41
The trouble with that is that it's a hard seat, and he suffers from lower back problems like me.

dangerousdriver
11-04-2016, 21:54

Here's my minimum budget solution =D and those racing shoes were just for demonstration purposes =D

Ha ha loving that mod Reiche,

It's amazing what Duck Tape can do! As for the racing shoes, I can't comment lol as to say very German ha ha.

I think I'm going to get the Challenge ordered in the morning. I know I can afford a more expensive rig, but it's true comfort and adjustability I like of this seat.

Thanks for the pics and advice.

dangerousdriver
11-04-2016, 21:55
The trouble with that is that it's a hard seat, and he suffers from lower back problems like me.

Yeah you got that right Roger, all these other rigs seem to have very little padding. The Evolution seems to be quite sparsely padded.

GrimeyDog
11-04-2016, 23:36

Yes i agree:yes: the seat looks cheap and uncomfortable:no:... I'm sure i can get some one to buy it for $60.00 bucks plus shipping:victorious:...LOL...I'm Not going to use their seat...I'm going to use the seat i have... its a junk yard special...LOL took it out of a Subaru Impreza!!! I'm going to use the same wood and some L Bracket's to mount it, that way i don't have to buy the extra buttkicker mounting hard ware!!! I made the buttkicker mount with $20.00 worth of pipe fittings from Home depot:encouragement:

Edit: yes pardon the mess in my man kave, Wood chips and band saw dust:o... I had just finished making the Shifter and Hand brake mount:applouse: Who cares about cleaning up... i was itching to try it out:D

Fafuture
12-04-2016, 13:43
Playseat challenge is awesome. Just got it about two weeks ago. So far it's been great.

Jbpd
12-04-2016, 17:37
I got a challenge at Easter after 2 years of debating on chair!

It's perfect should have got it years ago

pavano
12-04-2016, 18:03
Playseat challenge is awesome. Just got it about two weeks ago. So far it's been great.

I can only second that.
It's a perfect solution, very sturdy.

mkstatto
12-04-2016, 18:46
I was thinking of getting the challenge as were moving house soon, so space will become an issue. How is it for 6"1 bloke who's stomach occasionally likes an alcoholic beverage? :D

Barcode10
13-04-2016, 13:25
The playseat challenge is great. But when i tried lower the seat after i had it in a higher pos for some time it just collapsed almost breaking my legs so i'm back to the first seat position. Dont mess with velcro :)

Roger Prynne
13-04-2016, 14:22
^^^ No probs here when doing that.

ShimonART
13-04-2016, 14:37
can someone tell me here if the playseat evolution pedal mount strong enough for load cell brakes ?

morpwr
13-04-2016, 15:15
can someone tell me here if the playseat evolution pedal mount strong enough for load cell brakes ?

I had an older version and it works but it will flex with the load cell. I retired mine this year and went with the gt omega and love it. The seat is more comfortable and no center pole plus almost zero flex.

Haiden
13-04-2016, 18:03

I had an older version and it works but it will flex with the load cell. I retired mine this year and went with the gt omega and love it. The seat is more comfortable and no center pole plus almost zero flex.

IMO, Playseat has good brand recognition, which is why it comes up so often. But it's priced roughly the same as much better quality rigs that are about the same size and don't have a center posts. It's worth the extra $30 or so (and couple hours of research) to get a sturdier, open-leg rig, with more adjustment options (seat, wheel deck, and pedal deck) and more upgrade options for future additions. And, regardless how sturdy you think the Playseat is, there are much sturdier rigs out there for the roughly the same price. You just have to look them up. If you have the space for a Playseat Evolution, you have the space for a number of other (sturdier) rigs.

wesker6664
14-04-2016, 09:29
I've looked at GT Omega as well, and they look good value for money.

If you got the money, go for it ! I've had a playseat before, but the center pole is annoying and the seat while good looking is not comfortable for long runs because of the very bad back support. The GT Omega is very high quality, good looking, comfortable, and adjustable. Also made a PVC rig but it's not sturdy enough and the constant cracks were really annoying. Unlike wheels and pedals which are always evolving, a rig will last many years so IMO go straight away for a good one :)

sherpa25
30-04-2017, 06:42
Hi, considering getting a Challenge (using a WSP but its not stable, esp when braking w/ my G27 w/ Ricmotech LC, or twists when turning hard). Anyway, Id like to know how high is the center of the seat from the floor (range)? Id like to compare with my current setup with an office chair & triples on a desk. Hope its not too low, though i can still lower my triples a bit from the ergotech triples stand.

Fanapryde
30-04-2017, 09:27
Playseat is always one of the first brands to show up when you are looking for a rig to get a better race feeling than on a office chair or foldable wheel stand.
It happened to me years ago and I bought one, a Playseat Evolution (never tried the Challenge (which is a foldable).
I kept it for about two or three weeks...
I can see people being happy with it, but I was not.
Despite the advertising it is not as adjustable as I wanted it to be (no adjustable wheel or pedal angle), it is by far not as sturdy as I wanted it te be, the center post is... well... :culpability: , the seat itself is totally uncomfortable especially for longer sessions (I do have a bad back though), heavy braking caused the pedal platform to bend, strong FFB makes the steering post jump...and I can go on for a while.

There are much, much better alternatives than the Playseat IMO.

I replaced it with the RaceRoom 2000, which was a lot better, but still lacked angle adjustment for wheel and pedals, so I got the Simetik K2 which was a HUGE improvement.
Finally (and this will be the last rig I ever need) I went for the (IMO) best solution, an aluminium 80/20 rig from Sim-Lab P1: https://sim-lab.eu/product/p1-chassis/

Roger Prynne
30-04-2017, 11:03
Hi, considering getting a Challenge (using a WSP but its not stable, esp when braking w/ my G27 w/ Ricmotech LC, or twists when turning hard). Anyway, Id like to know how high is the center of the seat from the floor (range)? Id like to compare with my current setup with an office chair & triples on a desk. Hope its not too low, though i can still lower my triples a bit from the ergotech triples stand.

From my ass to the floor is about 9", so quite low.
Very stable once your sitting in it, adjustable wheel angle and length of the pedal platform.
Adjustable seat position, as in F1 style or hard top.

All in all for the price it's a great seat.

sherpa25
01-05-2017, 07:47
From my ass to the floor is about 9", so quite low.
Very stable once your sitting in it, adjustable wheel angle and length of the pedal platform.
Adjustable seat position, as in F1 style or hard top.

All in all for the price it's a great seat.

Wow, 9" will be a challenge in finding how I'd be able to lower my triples.
Do you experience any wiggle when hard turning, or is it still, and/or up/down movement of the wheel (ex. pulling when hard braking)? I have these issues with my WSP v2, though with the latter I use a hard LC (Ricmotec) w/c gives me a tendency to pull the wheel slightly when hard-braking (and the WSP center pole moves slightly).

sherpa25
01-05-2017, 08:01
Playseat is always one of the first brands to show up when you are looking for a rig to get a better race feeling than on a office chair or foldable wheel stand.
It happened to me years ago and I bought one, a Playseat Evolution (never tried the Challenge (which is a foldable).
I kept it for about two or three weeks...
I can see people being happy with it, but I was not.
Despite the advertising it is not as adjustable as I wanted it to be (no adjustable wheel or pedal angle), it is by far not as sturdy as I wanted it te be, the center post is... well... :culpability: , the seat itself is totally uncomfortable especially for longer sessions (I do have a bad back though), heavy braking caused the pedal platform to bend, strong FFB makes the steering post jump...and I can go on for a while.

There are much, much better alternatives than the Playseat IMO.

I replaced it with the RaceRoom 2000, which was a lot better, but still lacked angle adjustment for wheel and pedals, so I got the Simetik K2 which was a HUGE improvement.
Finally (and this will be the last rig I ever need) I went for the (IMO) best solution, an aluminium 80/20 rig from Sim-Lab P1: https://sim-lab.eu/product/p1-chassis/

Lucky you guys have many options within your locations, and easy to ship. The PS Challenge appears to be the lightest I can have someone carry from the US.

Olijke Poffer
01-05-2017, 10:32
Do you experience any wiggle when hard turning, or is it still, and/or up/down movement of the wheel (ex. pulling when hard braking)? I have these issues with my WSP v2, though with the latter I use a hard LC (Ricmotec) w/c gives me a tendency to pull the wheel slightly when hard-braking (and the WSP center pole moves slightly).

I bought a Playseat challenge the other day and it is very comfortable. When you don't sit in the seat you could think, mmm is this stable enough. But once you sit down your weight will put everthing firmly on the ground. It is not unstable or wiggles in any direction. The fun part of this playseat challenge is that you feel the FFB vibration through the whole seat and makes it feel like your car is vibrating. It is not that your whole playseat moves or something like that. It is just a light vibration of the tubes. A cool addition if you ask me. I'm 1,87 meters in length and My weight is arround the 85 kilo. I fit in the seat without any problems..

Roger Prynne
01-05-2017, 12:42

No I don't experience any 'wiggle' at all, and I know what you mean by the pulling the wheel when hard breaking but it deals with that no probs.
Like Olijke says, the sutle vibration goes right through the frame of the seat and gives a very good feeling.

sherpa25
02-05-2017, 13:46
Really a dilemma on how i can lower my triples, as theyre on an office table. Thinking if i should find a way to do it the other way, w/c is to raise the challenge.lol. You guys have any pics of your rig, @roger prynne, @olijke poffer, to see your monitors relative to your challenge? No prob if none. Thanks again.

Roger Prynne
02-05-2017, 15:07
I sit in front of a 50" TV that's setup so that it's just at the right height and the wheel is about 18" from the screen and matches the onscreen wheel (which I have turned off)

So yeah you would need to make some drastic changes or build something to suit.

Mahjik
02-05-2017, 17:14
http://mahjik.homestead.com/files/House/Interior/PC_Setup/PICT3957.jpg

Really a dilemma on how i can lower my triples, as theyre on an office table. Thinking if i should find a way to do it the other way, w/c is to raise the challenge.lol. You guys have any pics of your rig, @roger prynne, @olijke poffer, to see your monitors relative to your challenge? No prob if none. Thanks again.

Above is an old photo of my setup. Changes have happened, but from the seat & monitors perspective it's still the same. My monitors are a tad too high. It's not too bad but they are a little higher than what I would want if using a triple screen monitor rack. I got lucky that my old desk was a little lower than most.

You have already mentioned your options:

Raise the sim rig
Buy a lower desk
Buy a dedicated monitor triple screen rack for your sim rig
Do nothing and live with it

The "buy" options will cost you money which is likely undesirable. Even then, using the dedicated monitor stand would require to purchase another monitor for your desk work. I would try to see if you can live with it. I'm not sure how high your monitor stands are for the desk, but there maybe something you could do with removing the default monitor stand and see if you can do something custom which would move them closer to the top of the desk.

Olijke Poffer
02-05-2017, 19:23

This is my setup. Sorry no pic with a running pcars on screen but you get an idea.
When I sit down I just see my cockpit without the wheel as I turned it off. I have set the FOV to 46.
Looks really nice. The scale of the game world is just spot on..

TKMSte66
04-05-2017, 10:08
I bought a Playseat Challenge the other month for 150. Has to be the best 150 I have ever spent.

I too have lower back paid when sat in 'hard' seats for too long. I have spent all day in this seat with no issues and even prefer sitting in it to watch tv rather than the Sofa.

Once sat in it it is solid as a rock and the adjustment is fantastic. I used a Quality street tin to raise the pedals and it's pretty perfect.

The only real fault I can think of is that the position of the wheel can not be adjust further away. I tend to find when sat more upright it's a little to close. Reclined it is fine. This is something I can live with.

I honestly don't think you can go wrong with the challenge in all honesty.

TKMSte66
04-05-2017, 10:12
I bought a Playseat challenge the other day and it is very comfortable. When you don't sit in the seat you could think, mmm is this stable enough. But once you sit down your weight will put everthing firmly on the ground. It is not unstable or wiggles in any direction. The fun part of this playseat challenge is that you feel the FFB vibration through the whole seat and makes it feel like your car is vibrating. It is not that your whole playseat moves or something like that. It is just a light vibration of the tubes. A cool addition if you ask me. I'm 1,87 meters in length and My weight is arround the 85 kilo. I fit in the seat without any problems..

I really like the vibrations too. Actually gives a lot of immersion.

sherpa25
05-05-2017, 15:36
@Mahjik, whats the height of your table? And how much lower would the center of your monitor need to be ideally? I just want to get better measurements. Thinking how high I might need a platform, as my table is around 30" high, and with the triples on an Ergotech stand, the lowest part of the monitors could be around 31-33" high.

Roger Prynne
05-05-2017, 19:37
The bottom of my screen (that's the actual screen itself) is exactly 2' from the floor, if that's any help.

Mahjik
05-05-2017, 20:26
@Mahjik, whats the height of your table? And how much lower would the center of your monitor need to be ideally? I just want to get better measurements. Thinking how high I might need a platform, as my table is around 30" high, and with the triples on an Ergotech stand, the lowest part of the monitors could be around 31-33" high.

That's about where mine is at currently. My table is 28" and the bottom of the monitors is right about 30-31".

nhraracer
06-05-2017, 16:56
Had a playseat challenge for 1 day. Sent it back. Felt like a toy. I bought this from Ebay and am COMPLETELY satisfied! Amazing product! Even comes with Shifter mount and single monitor mount. The seller designed it and is his baby.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252176561433

Djuvinile
08-05-2017, 13:25
Had a playseat challenge for 1 day. Sent it back. Felt like a toy. I bought this from Ebay and am COMPLETELY satisfied! Amazing product! Even comes with Shifter mount and single monitor mount. The seller designed it and is his baby.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252176561433

Thats more than 3 times the price of a Playseat Challenge! , bet u cant give me 3 times the price in pro's for this thing.
Next to that it's not foldable, and i dont agree with the toyish feel ur talking about.

Olijke Poffer
08-05-2017, 13:28
Thats more then 3 times the price of a Playseat Challenge! , bet u cant give me 3 times the price in pro's for this thing.
Next to that it's not foldable, and i dont agree with the toyish feel ur talking about.
Exactly my thoughts.. ;)
I love the Playseat challenge and does not feel like a cheap toy by all means..

Human_bean
12-05-2017, 06:30
wheel stand pro

Olijke Poffer
12-05-2017, 06:48
I had a Wheel Stand Pro at the time I still had my Xbox One. Also a very nice rig to use but I prefer the Playseat challenge.
You just sit very comfortable in it. Much better than with a WSP on a chair or couch.

iiEJSii
12-05-2017, 07:28
I have the playseat challenge, recently brought it when I decided to graduate from my home made wooden wheel stand (awful but it did the job lol) and an old camping chair the same as you. I have the same issue as Rodger, suffer from lower back pain after about 30-60 minutes at the very most, the first time I tried the playseat, I didn't know at the time, but I'd been sat in it for 7 hours testing different cars are different tracks with no issue from my back pain. Having not tried the evolution I can't comment on what's better, but for an entry level rig on a budget, it's by far a best buy. I got mine for a total of 134 including delivery from boysstuff.com ordered on the Friday night around midnight and it arrived Saturday morning and I only paid for standard delivery. Highly recommend the challenge mate, especially as it's all integrated together in one easy to build and use seat. One recommendation, as i found out to my extreme discomfort, when you're sat on the chair, don't try and adjust the two Velcro straps either side of you, I ended up with gravity taking 14 stone of fat arse tumbling to the ground and quite quickly not only had the metal plate holding the wheel slamming into my shins and knees, but a very damaged pride lol

Roger Prynne
12-05-2017, 10:06
I have the playseat challenge, recently brought it when I decided to graduate from my home made wooden wheel stand (awful but it did the job lol) and an old camping chair the same as you. I have the same issue as Rodger, suffer from lower back pain after about 30-60 minutes at the very most, the first time I tried the playseat, I didn't know at the time, but I'd been sat in it for 7 hours testing different cars are different tracks with no issue from my back pain. Having not tried the evolution I can't comment on what's better, but for an entry level rig on a budget, it's by far a best buy. I got mine for a total of 134 including delivery from boysstuff.com ordered on the Friday night around midnight and it arrived Saturday morning and I only paid for standard delivery. Highly recommend the challenge mate, especially as it's all integrated together in one easy to build and use seat. One recommendation, as i found out to my extreme discomfort, when you're sat on the chair, don't try and adjust the two Velcro straps either side of you, I ended up with gravity taking 14 stone of fat arse tumbling to the ground and quite quickly not only had the metal plate holding the wheel slamming into my shins and knees, but a very damaged pride lol

Same here, but I think mine was about 128 at the time.

sherpa25
13-05-2017, 14:13
Thanks for the info.

The bottom of my screen (that's the actual screen itself) is exactly 2' from the floor, if that's any help.
Ok, thats 9" I have to find a way to lower my screens.

That's about where mine is at currently. My table is 28" and the bottom of the monitors is right about 30-31".
In your case, your seat appears to be higher than the challenge seat, almost like my office chair at its lowest.

sherpa25
13-05-2017, 14:21
I had a Wheel Stand Pro at the time I still had my Xbox One. Also a very nice rig to use but I prefer the Playseat challenge.
You just sit very comfortable in it. Much better than with a WSP on a chair or couch.
Yeah, why Im trying to replace my office chair which stays upright. I found one that allows locking at different reclining positions, so its an option for me.

Reiche
13-05-2017, 15:31
The only real fault I can think of is that the position of the wheel can not be adjust further away. I tend to find when sat more upright it's a little to close. Reclined it is fine. This is something I can live with.

I don't know if it's dependent on the wheel you use, but with my G25 there were three positions you could mount the wheel deck to.

Default as shown above, but you can use the mounting wholes at the front/rear edge of the deck plus two of those wholes where it is mounted as default.

Not really a thing for a quick change, but you have some variation. I was once prepairing for a race with the FR3.5 and it felt like a huge difference with the rift on.

Regarding the height.. I used the Challenge a long time until my Rift arrived in front of my 21:9 34" screen on my desk. It's not ideal, but it totally is an option to try if you don't have the space or the will to spend more money on other solution.

ShneebnaMRR108
14-05-2017, 16:04
I added some additional foam to the Evolution back and seat, and it did the trick for me.

TKMSte66
23-05-2017, 11:19
I don't know if it's dependent on the wheel you use, but with my G25 there were three positions you could mount the wheel deck to.

Default as shown above, but you can use the mounting wholes at the front/rear edge of the deck plus two of those wholes where it is mounted as default.

Not really a thing for a quick change, but you have some variation. I was once prepairing for a race with the FR3.5 and it felt like a huge difference with the rift on.

Regarding the height.. I used the Challenge a long time until my Rift arrived in front of my 21:9 34" screen on my desk. It's not ideal, but it totally is an option to try if you don't have the space or the will to spend more money on other solution.

I have a TX and unfortunately it only mounts in one place. Like I said, it's a very minor issue. I couldn't be happier with the Challenge.

Although I have noticed that the bolts that secure the adjustment system to the plate for the wheel base have come slightly loose. Tightened them back up and it's fine but maybe something for people to keep and eye on.

Chaospunx
27-06-2017, 12:33
Love my playstation challenge and also sit in it to play normal games

sroc3
29-07-2017, 19:32
I just got mine this past week and the Challenge is WAY better than using my Wheel Stand Pro. Like most have stated here, it hugs your body, is firmly planted when driving and great for people with limited space. Some say it is expensive but for roughly $250 delivered it does exactly as advertised. My TV is a bit higher up but once I start driving it works great!

ImpliedConsent
11-08-2017, 18:25
(Old thread alert)
I have the original Playseats Evolution (notice the "s" at the end of Playseats). I'm going to guess about 7-8yrs old. I also ordered the seat slider and shifter mount. I've been running a G27 since it was announced.
The worst part of the Evo is the center post for the steering wheel. I've learned to work around it, but man, if there was ever an update to that POS design, get it (apparently the Challenge is the answer). Even the Revolution looks like a nut-cracker.
I'm not too upset with the seating cushioning or position. They seems fine to me. The only thing I'm doing after a good Endurance race is sweat. What I really like about the Evolution is the multiple ways I can adjust my seating/wheel/pedal positions on the fly (hey, I've got kids). It's also a VERY solid seat setup.

Klondike68
03-09-2018, 18:22
Hi there.

I am thinking about buying one of these Playseat Challenge.

I do have room and money for a bigger more sturdy rig. But I am not sure if I want to have a real big iron monster in my room. So thats why I am considering this one.

I read about it, and it seems everyone is pretty happy with it, also its faily cheap so if regret the buy, then I can always sell it with a small loss to someone else.

Anyway I do have one question.

I am about 6,5 feet tall ( 1,96 cm. )

Do you think it will be ok for me. Or am I to tall for the playseat challenge ?

Olijke Poffer
04-09-2018, 05:05
I think you’re a bit to tall to fit in well. I had one too and I did fit in but I had not that much spare space left. I’m 1.87mtr
Nevertheless it was a fine chair.

Klondike68
07-09-2018, 07:39
Well I went ahead and bought the Playseat Challenge.

Just used it for a couple hours.

So far I am pretty happy with it. Its pretty good for what it is. A litle cramped, but not so much that it becomes a pain.

Even at my 196 cm. 95 KG its ok. Much better than my old wheelstand.

So happy. I am now using my old G 25 in a much more real setup. Also bought a Drivehub, so can play all Xbox One / PS 4 games with the G25 :-)