PDA

View Full Version : Regarding LMP1 contracts in career

Rambo_Commando
13-04-2016, 17:32
In the open wheel class, the cars are the same except for the livery, when you sign a contract for West Force or Orion Racing you know what car your racing, FA for example. How does the contract selection work for LMP1? The cars are all different. I mean, if you sign an LMP1 contract, how do you know what car you will be driving? Say for example I wanted to sign for a team racing a TS040, in the contract selection, does it also state what car the team races? My next question is that I normally get two contracts to choose from within a tier in open wheel, is it the same in LMP1 and does that mean that I might not get to race the TS040?

Sorry for asking such a noob question but since I got this game I've never ventured outside of open wheel racing in the career.

AbeWoz
13-04-2016, 17:35
In the open wheel class, the cars are the same except for the livery, when you sign a contract for West Force or Orion Racing you know what car your racing, FA for example. How does the contract selection work for LMP1? The cars are all different. I mean, if you sign an LMP1 contract, how do you know what car you will be driving? Say for example I wanted to sign for a team racing a TS040, in the contract selection, does it also state what car the team races? My next question is that I normally get two contracts to choose from within a tier in open wheel, is it the same in LMP1 and does that mean that I might not get to race the TS040?

Sorry for asking such a noob question but since I got this game I've never ventured outside of open wheel racing in the career.

short answer: yes it does.
When you start a new LMP1 career (fresh/brand new) it states the type of car.
If you are continuing from another motorsport discipline, the email contract invite will state the type of car you will be driving.

crowtrobot
13-04-2016, 17:38
The contract will tell you what type of car you'll be driving (though not the livery, the teams don't necessarily match up to the livery selection for said team).

In the multi-class series you'll get a few contracts offered initially, but some of the others have conditions to be met (win the season, win a particular race, etc.), so you might not see all options right away. I think the TS040 crops up right away if you start a new LMP1 season, and would show up again if you were to get an offer from a different discipline after you completed your first season.

Rambo_Commando
13-04-2016, 17:41
Thanks guys

Tomcul
13-04-2016, 17:59
Problem arises when you've been offered renewed contracts tho it doesn't say what car you'll be using, now that's ok if you're renewing the contract straight away but if you move on to another team/car the contract renewal offers don't take long to get mixed up.

Rambo_Commando
13-04-2016, 18:27
Ok. That's what I was wondering too. I plan on using the RWD LMP1 car, do you know if that contract is offered right away after moving up from FA?

FS7
13-04-2016, 19:46
Ok. That's what I was wondering too. I plan on using the RWD LMP1 car, do you know if that contract is offered right away after moving up from FA?
Yes, I remember contracts for RWD LMP1 being available in LMP1 & Endurance after I won FA World Championship.