PDA

View Full Version : Can we get the cheat times deleted?

Tbolt47
14-04-2016, 11:28
I would like to see the "cheat" times deleted from the Time Trial times. For instance, Road America has three - an 11 second, a 14 second and a 27 second one. Would be nice if all these fake times were removed to clean up the boards.

Craig Martin
14-04-2016, 11:50
There's quite a few of these now. Would be nice to get the obvious ones sorted. I appreciate though it takes time and effort to review ghost files for the ones that just seem a little too quick compared to everyone else.

beetes_juice
14-04-2016, 13:07
This x1000.

Just looks like amateur hour with the 10 - 30 second lap times at the top.

Know its not an official site but upon entering the start page of pcars.13ms.de/ (everyone uses this) you are greeted with the Monza GP leaderboard...

Diamond_Eyes
14-04-2016, 13:32
There's quite a few of these now. Would be nice to get the obvious ones sorted. I appreciate though it takes time and effort to review ghost files for the ones that just seem a little too quick compared to everyone else.

Not much time and effort and no need to review ghosts, this can be done by inspection.

Craig Martin
15-04-2016, 11:55
Thanks for volunteering :)

Sankyo
15-04-2016, 12:05
BTW these aren't necessarily cheat times, i.e deliberate bugged times by using an exploit. They can be game hiccups resulting in unrealistic times.

I'll inquire with the devs what can be done about them.

Craig Martin
15-04-2016, 12:17
Nice one Remco, I know you guys have other more important stuff to worry about.

Tbolt47
15-04-2016, 12:31
BTW these aren't necessarily cheat times, i.e deliberate bugged times by using an exploit. They can be game hiccups resulting in unrealistic times.

I'll inquire with the devs what can be done about them.

I realize they maybe bugs that why I put cheat in inverted commas, I wasn't necessarily suggesting anyone was a cheat, though maybe some are, I've no way of knowing.

Thanks for speaking to the devs. Using the website leaderboard it's very quick to pick out all the incorrect lap times and wouldn't have though it would take much to delete them.

cluck
15-04-2016, 12:59
I realize they maybe bugs that why I put cheat in inverted commas, I wasn't necessarily suggesting anyone was a cheat, though maybe some are, I've no way of knowing.

Thanks for speaking to the devs. Using the website leaderboard it's very quick to pick out all the incorrect lap times and wouldn't have though it would take much to delete them.There are over 120 cars. There are just under 100 track layouts. Even if each one only takes 30 seconds (to open the table, inspect, ascertain it's obviously a bogus time and remove it), that's still nearly 100 hours of work :o.

I know it is not "our" job to do that, but it might help if we pull together and go through the list to compile the really obvious bogus times into this thread. That will save a lot of time and 'could' see it sorted more quickly :).

Raven403
15-04-2016, 13:07
There are over 120 cars. There are just under 100 track layouts. Even if each one only takes 30 seconds (to open the table, inspect, ascertain it's obviously a bogus time and remove it), that's still nearly 100 hours of work :o.

I know it is not "our" job to do that, but it might help if we pull together and go through the list to compile the really obvious bogus times into this thread. That will save a lot of time and 'could' see it sorted more quickly :).

It doesn't take 100 hours to cycle through the Leaderboards website, shouldn't take long to sort out.

cluck
15-04-2016, 13:13
It doesn't take 100 hours to cycle through the Leaderboards website, shouldn't take long to sort out.I based the 100 hours on an arbitrary "30 seconds to identify a bogus time and remove it from the leaderboard database" - there are 12000 combinations to look through ;).

Craig Martin
15-04-2016, 14:42
I'll offer to take Donington (both layouts) and report back here.

Tbolt47
15-04-2016, 14:51
I based the 100 hours on an arbitrary "30 seconds to identify a bogus time and remove it from the leaderboard database" - there are 12000 combinations to look through ;).

That depends if you want to look at each car, I was really only talking about the silly fast lap times - if you go to the leaderboard site and select the track and overall best you can see the incorrect times at the top (Monza GP has 3 for example). It would take me about 15 minutes to find them all. Maybe the devs could do those ones and then we could have a thread for people to report any others they find.

Diamond_Eyes
15-04-2016, 15:24
Cluck, you're fired...

beetes_juice
15-04-2016, 15:25
All outrageous times:

Monza GP: Top 3
Azura Coast: Top 2
Brands GP: Top 1
Brno: Top 1
Spa: Top 3
Hock GP: Top 2
Imola: Top 1
Nords: Top 3
Road America: Top 3
Silverstone GP: Top 1
Silverstone Int: Top 2

Quick rundown of top overall times on all tracks. 22 in total. Took about 10 minutes if anyone wants to double check. Used pcars.13ms.de

cluck
15-04-2016, 15:27
That depends if you want to look at each car, I was really only talking about the silly fast lap times - if you go to the leaderboard site and select the track and overall best you can see the incorrect times at the top (Monza GP has 3 for example). It would take me about 15 minutes to find them all. Maybe the devs could do those ones and then we could have a thread for people to report any others they find.Ah, er, :o. I only ever look at the leaderboards from the old WMD dev forum, hence why I thought it would take so long :o. I feel a little silly right now :D.

Roger Prynne
15-04-2016, 18:04
Silly clucker :stupid: