PDA

View Full Version : [YES] Fanatec + PS4, works?

Boskapongen
14-04-2016, 12:42
Hello! Can anyone confirm Fanatec Wheel Base V2 in combo with ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW M3 GT2 EU works on PS4?
Fanatecs page does not say anything about compatibilty PS4 on neither of the units.

AbeWoz
14-04-2016, 12:52
AFAIK, its Xbox and PC only.

Sankyo
14-04-2016, 12:56
Hello! Can anyone confirm Fanatec Wheel Base V2 in combo with ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW M3 GT2 EU works on PS4?
Fanatecs page does not say anything about compatibilty PS4 on neither of the units.
Fanatec is negotiating the new Sony requirement of official licensing, and for that they had to take down all mentions of PS4 compatibility. All current hardware works with the PS4 just fine, though.

Boskapongen
14-04-2016, 12:57
AFAIK, its Xbox and PC only.

Yes, i read that stuff with license issue, but does it work? :)

"PlayStation compatibility
You might have already noticed that we have removed the icons to show the PlayStation compatibility on our website. So what does that mean?

As part of the licensing process for a new, officially licensed racing wheel, Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) has asked us to stop promoting our unlicensed wheels as beeing PlayStation compatible and we are happy to comply with that. As soon as we have a fully licensed PlayStation wheel on the market, we will officially announce the compatibility again.

If you already purchased a Fanatec product with previously promoted PS3 or PS4 compatibility, basically nothing will change for you. The compatibility for those wheels still depends solely on the game developers and if they decide to add/keep support for their wheels in their games or not.
If you purchase a new wheel from us from now on we will only guarantee the PC or Xbox One compatibility as advertised."

Ryzza5
14-04-2016, 13:16
Just a little sad that Driveclub never added support for my Fanatec, citing it being 'unsupported'. Never responded when I followed up asking if they could unofficially support it like pCARS PS4 does.

Boskapongen
14-04-2016, 13:47
Just a little sad that Driveclub never added support for my Fanatec, citing it being 'unsupported'. Never responded when I followed up asking if they could unofficially support it like pCARS PS4 does.

But now Codemasters bought that studio so maybe in future :)

Haiden
14-04-2016, 15:51
Yes. It still works.

Technically, the CSW-v2 has never been PS4 compatible. The game developers were the ones adding support for the Fanatec wheel. This is why you have to use the DS4 controller to navigate the PS4 menus outside of these games. If it were truly PS4 compatible, you'd be able to control the PS4 dashboard, like you can on Xb1. All Sony did was ask them to stop advertising it as PS4 compatible. Fanatec isn't changing their base firmware, so it will still work with existing PS4 games that support the wheel, and also with any future games, if the developers build in support for the CSW-v2. I'd be surprised if the bigger sim titles dropped Fanatec support from future versions.

D3L8OY
28-04-2016, 10:49
Just Got PCars on PS4 today after being on XBOne, the PS4 is brilliant with the Fanatec V2 base, also there are features that the Bone can't do even thought I have the XBOne Club Sports wheel. you just turn on the wheel and press the Y button with the Select button on the wheel and put it into PC mode and all works great in the game, you need a controller to navigate the PS4 menus but the game works great.
I was surprised to see the small LED screen on the wheel shows the gear selection yet it does not on the XB, the Rumble on the brake and accelerator works correctly on the V3 pedals, yet on the XB only the brake rumble works.
So far very happy with the PS4 version.

Abbey Road NW8
07-05-2016, 15:40
Yes, I confirm the CSW base works fine on Project Cars and PS4.
I have the Porsche 918 RSR wheel and the leds and gear panel are fully functionnal.
CS pedals v3 and CS handbrake are also fully functionnal.