PDA

View Full Version : V10 brought back some issues...

Fromnevernever
14-04-2016, 18:47
Hi guys,

First of all, let me thank you for the continued development and fixing of the game. I appreciate your efforts and feel valued as a consumer.

This is not the first thread I create about these issues. I was very pleased to be answered in the thread and see in further updates the issues fixed, but now I fear they are back.

1) AI went back to speeding through grass and gravel when you "close their door" in a sharp turn or chicane. This speeding happens without the lose of grip and speed. I had a situation when the AI followed me through 4 different curves all in the grass while I was on tarmac. Our speed and control was the same, in disparity of the terrain conditions.

2) If you are in the middle of the pack (e.g. POS 10/20) and pressuring POS 9 for an overtake, you and POS 9 start gaining terrain from POS 11 and losing ground to POS 8. When you pass POS9 and go over to catch POS 8, the same thing happens. Suddenly POS 9 is much slower than you and POS 8 (which was almost overtaking POS 7 just a few curves ago) suddenly cannot catch POS 7 anymore. This creates a situation that the driver battling position is always "dettached" from both front and back packs. This little "void" keeps on progressing with you and feels really weird. I don't know if this is an issue or not, but I noticed as a pattern.

3) Once AI is pressure, they start braking later and speeding earlier (as expected). They also often lose control (also as expected). However, most of the times, in despite of losing control, they don't lose speed or hurt their lap times, through regaining control easily and automatically (in a sort of robotic way). They may even bump you out of the track because "they must follow the optimum path". The issue with that is...

4) Once AI bumps you out of the track, you receive a penalty for cutting corners. This was fixed on previous versions but "reappeared". Also, the "sensitivity" for cutting corners detection went back on being high.

As I stated in my previous thread, I really wanted to like this game. I can say that I like it more today then 6 months ago, for example. However, starting to face those issues again, after being fixed makes me really frustrated.

Please guys, this is constructive criticism. I know many will feel the urge to call me "casual" or "noob", but I'm pretty sure at least part of the issues described above are not related to my excess or lack of ability to play. I'm really into simulation and don't like arcade games - thus why I'm in PC.

At least I've stopped facing the AI winning a race while in the pits on a mandatory pit race. :D

Once again, thank you for your continuous support and a hope to continue to see the fixes coming.

All the best!

Schnizz58
14-04-2016, 18:58
I don't think they ever stopped cutting corners. At least I never noticed it.
This actually sounds fairly normal. If two cars are fighting for position, they will both lose ground to the rest of the field.
Agree but this hasn't changed since I've been playing. The AI cars have an almost pathological need to stay on the driving line.
Again I'm not sure this was ever addressed in previous releases. They did change the rules for cutting the track but I don't think they ever really got it dialed in. I got a warning just the other day for cutting the track and I still had two tires inside the white lines. Also note that the rules are stricter for qualifying than for the race and stricter for the race than practice.

Redslayer
14-04-2016, 20:58
I don't think they ever stopped cutting corners. At least I never noticed it.
This actually sounds fairly normal. If two cars are fighting for position, they will both lose ground to the rest of the field.
Agree but this hasn't changed since I've been playing. The AI cars have an almost pathological need to stay on the driving line.
Again I'm not sure this was ever addressed in previous releases. They did change the rules for cutting the track but I don't think they ever really got it dialed in. I got a warning just the other day for cutting the track and I still had two tires inside the white lines. Also note that the rules are stricter for qualifying than for the race and stricter for the race than practice.

For #2 he's saying he's losing the cars ahead (realistic) while pulling away from the cars behind (unrealistic).

Schnizz58
14-04-2016, 21:27
For #2 he's saying he's losing the cars ahead (realistic) while pulling away from the cars behind (unrealistic).
I see....yeah, that's pretty weird. In any case, I don't think any of these issues were ever fixed so I don't think they're "back", just "still here".

Fromnevernever
18-04-2016, 02:54
Thanks for the comments guys!

Well... to address Schnizz58: the issues weren't probably gone, but they have been better "tuned". At least, while playing in the same category I've noticed a much more fair cutting identification system and it suddenly got bumped back up. That's probably why I thought it was gone. But good point. It may never have been vanished in the first place.

To address Redslayer: you're right, that's what I've meant. That seems very unrealistic and it is a pattern.

Let's see if the developers continue to be responsive.

All the best!