PDA

View Full Version : New Isle of Man TT Motorcycle Racing Game announced.

girlracerTracey
14-04-2016, 20:23
"Bigben Interactive, French leading publisher, is proud to announce a partnership with the Isle of Man Government Department of Economic Development, to produce a brand new motorbike video game dedicated to one of the most famous and heroic racing event: the Isle of Man TT races.

The new TT Isle of Man video game is being developed by Kylotonn Games, a French racing games development studio already known for WRC 5, the 2015 official World Rally Championship video game, acclaimed by the gaming industry and Ping Award winner in the Best Console Game of the Year category.

Bigben Interactive and Kylotonn have already begun a programme to assess, record and digitally map the iconic 37¾ mile TT Mountain Course, which is run entirely on closed public roads. The TT Races is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading motorsport events and has run on the Isle of Man since 1907.

David Cretney MLC, the Department of Economic Development’s political representative for Tourism and Motorsport commented:

“The partnership between Bigben Interactive and the Isle of Man Government represents an opportunity not only to generate additional commercial income but also to increase the profile of the TT Races and broaden the event’s appeal to a wider, younger demographic working alongside a world class partner in the gaming world.”

“For several years now, our team works together with Kylotonn’s developers to create and offer the best depictions of some of the most spectacular racing events like the Isle of Man TT races or the World Rally Championship.”, says Benoît Clerc, Head of Software at Bigben Interactive. “By creating 1/1 the iconic 37¾ miles of the race, we already know that all the motorbike fans will feel the speed and the excitement of being part of the Isle of Man TT races” concludes Benoît Clerc.

TT Isle Of Man – Ride on the Edge, which will be released in 2017, will feature many of the leading teams and riders who will be recreated digitally to accurately represent their team liveries and bike manufacturers. The game will be available for latest generation consoles and PC."

http://www.bigben-interactive.co.uk/bigben-interactive-anounces-brand-new-isle-of-man-tt-races-video-game/

(I notice news of this announcement has been posted in the other thread but thought I would post the text of the announcement here as news).

beetes_juice
14-04-2016, 22:48
Alot of Isle of Man stuff going around today.

Can't be a bad thing :D

girlracerTracey
15-04-2016, 11:52
Alot of Isle of Man stuff going around today.

Can't be a bad thing :D

I agree that it is a positive thing that finally developers are waking up to the existence of the IOM TT track and its huge potential in relation to the racing game genre both for cars and bikes. This awakening, long overdue imo, has to be, generally speaking, a good thing. So I'm happy that things are developingin this direction..if you'll excuse the pun?

WRC5 was Kylotonn's first rally game and I guess they learned what they were doing as they went along. Kylotonn are on record as taking a conscious decision to make the physics in WRC5 "accessible" to a wide audience. The IOM TT racing game will be their first IOM TT Racing game. It will also be their first serious m/c racing game.

The problem, as I see it, is that this is not the 1999 or 2000 and this is not Melbourne House or Milestone (the original line-up) developing gp500 or SBK2001. This is 2016 and racing games tend to be rushed out. An IOM TT racing game is a massive and a challenging project if you are going to do it proper justice.

I would rather it was SMS or iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations who were embarking on this project but I guess we will just have to see how this one goes? The iconic IOM TT motorcycle races I feel deserve that anyone who is developing such a project do it proper justice. As indeed does the recreation of the legendary 37 3/4 mile IOM TT course itself.. On both counts I hope they do it justice.

grT :)

Azure Flare
15-04-2016, 13:16
I would rather it was SMS or iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations who were embarking on this project

Or Image Space Incorporated...

Pisshead30
15-04-2016, 15:31
pity its not codies and the former employees of evolution studios doing the game

Salty Dog
15-04-2016, 16:07
Kylotonn are a bunch of muppets who treat their customers like fools (i was a kylotonn customer with wrc5)

Im going to go on record and say i hold grave fears for this game, if there was a betting market i'd load up that its going to be a complete dud and i wont be giving 1c of my money to those arrogant tools at Kylotonn.

Just have a look through the history of their games, thats enough to see how useless they are.

Not only that but they are proven liars and false advertisers, i own both vita and PS4 versions of WRC5, on the back cover of the vita it advertises night stages with pictures, they are not in the vita version of the game, when asked about it Kylotonn continued to lie and say it was coming, it never did, they eventually admitted it was never coming, just one of the 100 dramas with the game when it came out, they wont be getting a cent of my cash ever again.

girlracerTracey
15-04-2016, 16:21
Lets just say I share your concerns SaltyDog..

grT :friendly_wink:

RomKnight
15-04-2016, 16:27
I don't. I'll never buy a game with one track, even if it is Isle of Man and me liking two wheels more than 4 :)

Salty Dog
16-04-2016, 04:04
Lets just say I share your concerns SaltyDog..

grT :friendly_wink:

GT i dont wanna piss in your pocket too much but very often when reading your posts im left impressed at your knowledge and thinking that you know a hell of a lot about SIM racing, you really know your stuff mate, you would have forgotten more than ive ever known about racing i recon, i'd hate to race you lol.
Its pretty unusual seeing such a well versed racing chick on racing forums, its mostly a male domain just by the nature of the beast, i realise there are lots of other woman racers but i love your passion and involvement GT its very cool, cheers

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
16-04-2016, 11:53
I don't. I'll never buy a game with one track, even if it is Isle of Man and me liking two wheels more than 4 :)I would, if the physics were good enough. Kylotonn though... Yeah, even without ever trying it or really even intending to try I'm gonna go with "100% Will Never Happen™" on that one.

m355y
16-04-2016, 15:09
Was quite interested in this until I saw who was making it. F*cks sake.

RomKnight
16-04-2016, 16:05
I would, if the physics were good enough. Kylotonn though... Yeah, even without ever trying it or really even intending to try I'm gonna go with "100% Will Never Happen™" on that one.

I'd consider it if there were affordable motorcycle sim rigs but, one track would get pretty boring fast. Even in leagues... why, WHY does everyone has to have Spa in the bloody championship???

Shinzah
16-04-2016, 22:35
The amount of double standard on this thread upsets me.

When Project Cars was in development all we heard was that it was another Shift 2. Shift 2 graphics. Shift 2 physics. Shift 2 gameplay.

At least let the game come out and stand on its own merit before crucifying it *and* the developer.

I'm excited for this game and I hope it'll be very good. I refuse to bitch and moan about a developer who has made mediocre products in the past with no knowledge of their current staff or development ideals. Come on guys.

Ian Bell
16-04-2016, 22:37
The amount of double standard on this thread upsets me.

When Project Cars was in development all we heard was that it was another Shift 2. Shift 2 graphics. Shift 2 physics. Shift 2 gameplay.

At least let the game come out and stand on its own merit before crucifying it *and* the developer.

I'm excited for this game and I hope it'll be very good. I refuse to bitch and moan about a developer who has made mediocre products in the past with no knowledge of their current staff or development ideals. Come on guys.

I always wonder at us being crucified for making an 8-9 million selling game reviewed well into the 80's :)

Shinzah
16-04-2016, 22:40
I always wonder at us being crucified for making an 8-9 million selling game reviewed well into the 80's :)

It was baffling to me as well - I thoroughly enjoyed Shift 2 O-o

Azure Flare
16-04-2016, 23:44

You're in the minority.

r_outsider
17-04-2016, 00:09

Had its flaws to be sure, but I also really liked Shift 2. Put many, many hours into that one.

I'll take a wait and see on this IOM game. The course alone will be a massive undertaking, getting the bike physics working in a believable way on that road will be even more of a challenge.

RomKnight
17-04-2016, 00:59
Me and other members here played that one quite a bit too on PS3 even with the problems it had. Good times even if I sucked big time :)

S2U also had the best DLC ever mind you. It was S2U that made me join WMD too.

Shinzah
17-04-2016, 01:34
You're in the minority.

Honestly because people are loud, doesn't make them a majority. S2U was a favorably received game with very decent sales. I'm not going be pretentious and declare I or anyone else who enjoyed the game is in the minority, as I'm not the worlds keeper of subjective opinions, I will however contest that things are much less black and white than some people believe.

Azure Flare
17-04-2016, 02:47
S2U was a favorably received game with very decent sales.

I don't trust big-name site reviews, only independent community reviews as they're usually unbiased, save for a few fanboys here and there.

Shinzah
17-04-2016, 03:17
I don't trust big-name site reviews, only independent community reviews as they're usually unbiased, save for a few fanboys here and there.

What even is an unbiased review? A "Big name" site would 'theoretically' have trained journalists with degrees, even that is in jeopardy with such blogsite communities gaining more traction in recent years.

But the average consumer is always going to be significantly biased by nature. Differences in hardware when it comes to PC, or peripherals, significantly sway opinions on experience. Or just differences in people in general lead "independent" reviews as not a very objective source of information. In the end, you know nothing except what the experience has done for you, positively or negatively.

When you say "Usually unbiased save for a few fanboys here and there." My initial thought would be that literally anyone with a non-negative viewpoint is going to be labeled as a "fanboy" by someone with a negative viewpoint.

Such has been my experience in consumer communities. And my experience here.

But the fact stands on its own, the game was not a critical failure. Not among hobbiest sites, professional sites, or communities with the major criticisms coming from the PC simracing crowd, and at the time the game was released, most of that criticism came from people who thought iracing was the be-and-end-all of videogames and were loud about ANYTHING that challenged their views.

Edit: I.E, Joining a community of 'like minded' individuals that think a certain genre, or certain things, aren't what they enjoy is going to do nothing but create a confirmation bias.

Ian Bell
17-04-2016, 03:21

8-9 million people aren't a few fanboys.

Azure Flare
17-04-2016, 03:36
What I meant was the community reviews usually will pick out a game's flaws, while a site like IGN or Gamespot would gloss over the same flaws. I also don't look at just one or two reviews and base purchasing decisions on that alone.

Using Shift 2 as example, the simracing community as a whole dismisses it because the console-oriented half-assed physics. And as I'm sure you know as well as I do, proper physics are top priority in a sim. My experience with the game does fall in line with trustworthy reviews I've seen.

Shinzah
17-04-2016, 03:44
What I meant was the community reviews usually will pick out a game's flaws, while a site like IGN or Gamespot would gloss over the same flaws. I also don't look at just one or two reviews and base purchasing decisions on that alone.

Using Shift 2 as example, the simracing community as a whole dismisses it because the console-oriented half-assed physics. And as I'm sure you know as well as I do, proper physics are top priority in a sim. My experience with the game does fall in line with trustworthy reviews I've seen.

As a whole? I'm here largely because of being active in the Shift 2 section of NoGrip when WMD was first proposed. I consider myself a simracer. I know several others who enjoy Shift 2, and have revisited it multiple times. Who are you to speak for them, or a whole community?

But where did Shift 2 bill itself as a physics-god-tier-awesome-totally-sick-bleedingedge-racingsimulator? It was a need for speed game.

A Need for Speed game.

It was not an ISI title that entered the market with contracts as a platform to produce a modular engine for racing teams. It was not iRacing entering the market with a pedigree physics team and an inplace E-sports system. It was a Need For Speed Videogame.

A series that has now dropped manual gearshifting, day time, and any semblance of realism in its titles at all, ever.

Don't you think that's setting a bar a little high for someone who wasn't even competing in the high jump, mate?

Azure Flare
17-04-2016, 03:49
I used Shift 2 since you brought it up.

Shinzah
17-04-2016, 03:53
I used Shift 2 since you brought it up.

As what? Proof of what I said? That's all you've really accomplished here isn't it?

That people are just going to go around, spreading negativity about things they don't understand and cast doubt on things they can't possibly know, because they've not happened yet. Isn't that what I implied?

Isn't that what you're doing? Making huge sweeping generalizations about everyone in amorphous communities about a game that every major aggregate lists as mostly good to very good across both 'professional' and 'consumer' reviews...?

cluck
17-04-2016, 05:31
It was baffling to me as well - I thoroughly enjoyed Shift 2 O-oDitto and, like yourself, I also wouldn't have got onboard the WMD train were it not for Shift and Shift 2. I sunk many many hours into both of those games.

As for the TT game that this thread is actually about, well, I'll wait and see what the end game is like. If they capture 10% of the TT insanity, that's good enough for me :).

Pisshead30
17-04-2016, 07:46

I loved the shift games they were awesome

m355y
17-04-2016, 08:14
Where did the Shift 2 discussion come from? I thought it was terrible on console, the handling made it almost unplayable. Heard a lot of people say it was better on PC.

Getting back on the point about the TT game I get the point about not writing a game off before you've seen it, but..........i really hope they do a better job with it than they did with WRC5, put it that way.

Ryzza5
17-04-2016, 08:23
I remember buying both S2U and DiRT3 about the same time and not really liking either due to how it felt on the G25 at the time. iirc it was kind-of ok on patch 1 but worse on patch 2 (very floaty). I'm aware that there are mods out for it that might improve both but I don't quite have the time to go back. Didn't make it past the 3rd stage of career mode. Shift 1 was enjoyable enough at the time. I'd rather sink that time into pC1 and Dirt Rally.

I'll wait for reviews on the IoM game but if it turns out to be more of the same from them I won't get it just for the track. I'd rather fire up GTR2/GTL/Race 07 and grab a massively long mod track.

girlracerTracey
17-04-2016, 13:30
i'd hate to race you lol.

Thanks for the thumbs up Salty but my race craft is like a mad woman's breakfast.. :very_drunk:

grT
p.s. thanks.

FMS
18-04-2016, 09:54
Certainly a little something to look forward to in 2017. Excellent stuff.

Pisshead30
18-04-2016, 16:45
Heres hoping the developers prove me wrong cos all ive ever wanted was a AAA TT game for PS4

Alan Dallas
18-04-2016, 20:00
I was digging through the Video game Bargain Bin at WalMart. Found MotoGP 15(for XBOne) by Milestone, and it made me wonder why Bigben didn't tap them to make this?

Shinzah
18-04-2016, 20:14
I was digging through the Video game Bargain Bin at WalMart. Found MotoGP 15(for XBOne) by Milestone, and it made me wonder why Bigben didn't tap them to make this?

Milestone has been pretty hit and miss. The MotoGP games tend to be quite good, but Ride wasn't very well received and didn't really live up to its potential.

Edit: In addition, both Big Ben (humorously) and Kylotonn are French. Milestone is Italian.

Alan Dallas
18-04-2016, 20:19
I had forgotten about Ride. Was considering picking up the new MotoX game from Milestone. Now I'm not sure.

girlracerTracey
27-04-2016, 20:10
For those who have not seen this a bit more information on the plans for the game.

"New TT video game set for 2017 launch

Isle of Man TT bosses have announced a new, multi-platform video game simulating riding 200bhp+ superbikes around the iconic mountain course will be launched next year.

There hasn’t been a game featuring the gruelling 37.73 mile Mountain course since the TT Superbikes Legends title for PS2 was released in 2008.

The company taking on the challenge of virtually re-creating the TT course have history in producing top-class racing games having worked on the successful World Rally Championship titles.

A representative from the firm, Big Ben Interactive said: “When you’re doing simulation titles you really want to do the best stuff out there and the TT brings feelings no other competition in the world brings, so we’re pleased to announce that we are working on a new official TT video game.
“We’ve been working on the title for the last year but it’s a long project. We have to take the time to produce it and that means it won’t be out until 2017. The scope of this project is something we have never done before, nobody has ever done it before. It’s a full simulation game and we want it to be as close as possible to the actual TT, for instance the circuit will be a full-scale reproduction.”

Big Ben have already had members of their development team working on the Isle of Man to enable them to begin constructing an image of the course – one of the most difficult parts in creating such a game.

“We’ve had a few members of our development team coming to the Isle of Man taking hundreds or thousands of pictures of the circuit. Of course we will need to work with the Isle of Man to get all the data we can get to create this game.”

But making the circuit as realistic as possible is only part of the challenge, the team are keen to ensure the experience of riding on the game is as close to riding the 200bhp+ beasts we see on the course today as possible.

“There’s also the experience of recreating the feeling, which is the hardest part and where we’ll need to work with TT racers on this. It’s not our first simulation game and it’s very much a case of trial and error until you get something that’s as realistic as possible.”

To help them recreate this feeling, Big Ben are set to work with a leading TT rider over the next few months but aren’t at a stage to announce who this could be.

No further details about the game have been released, although it's expected to be available on multiple platforms including Xbox One, PS4 and PC."

http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/racing/isle-of-man-tt/latest-isle-of-man-tt-news/new-tt-video-game-set-for-2017-launch/#.VyEahVQrJdi

I hope that repeated references in this article to "simulation" are in the true spirit of Kylotonn's plan for this racing game. Fingers crossed that this is the case.

grT

Pisshead30
01-05-2016, 07:53
all we can do is keep our fingers crossed

Pisshead30
01-05-2016, 07:56
I had forgotten about Ride. Was considering picking up the new MotoX game from Milestone. Now I'm not sure.

Even with all the issues in Ride I found it quite enjoyable.
I had mxgp on ps3 then replaced it with mxgp on ps4 found them quite enjoyable too.
Got mxgp2 on release day and love playing it too, definitely an improvement on the original apart from the poor bike sounds still the same sounds as the original in my opinion

Pisshead30
16-02-2018, 16:47
So here's some game play from a preview version of the game due for release on 6th March

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ijBnmQuf0M

bporion
16-02-2018, 17:38
imagine that in VR ! ya I'm one of those now ...

Mad Al
16-02-2018, 18:08
imagine that in VR ! ya I'm one of those now ...

By all accounts, imagine it, is all you will be able to do.. they have no plans for VR (unfortunately)

bporion
16-02-2018, 19:04
By all accounts, imagine it, is all you will be able to do.. they have no plans for VR (unfortunately)

I know :mad:

Pisshead30
19-02-2018, 12:10
Was thinking the same thing when I was playing the new supercross game in 1st person how good bike games would be in VR but unfortunately its not gonna happen anytime soon

Invincible
19-02-2018, 12:35
Was thinking the same thing when I was playing the new supercross game in 1st person how good bike games would be in VR but unfortunately its not gonna happen anytime soon

How would you drive it in VR?! Honestly, even when I use a controller, either one would get all dizzy due to the motion of the driver whilst you're sitting still IRL (just imagine a deep hang off), OR if I follow te movements, I would probably fall off my chair on a regular basis.

Pisshead30
19-02-2018, 12:44
Be a good laugh trying it. Maybe milestone could make a demo for motogp let us have a go

Mad Al
19-02-2018, 12:58
How would you drive it in VR?! Honestly, even when I use a controller, either one would get all dizzy due to the motion of the driver whilst you're sitting still IRL (just imagine a deep hang off), OR if I follow te movements, I would probably fall off my chair on a regular basis.

Well I've tried GP-Bikes in VR and actually found it easier than the 2D onboard

I'm fairly sure the demo works in VR too http://www.gp-bikes.com/

Pisshead30
19-02-2018, 15:51
I presume GP bikes is pc only?

Mad Al
19-02-2018, 16:24
I presume GP bikes is pc only?

Yep.. and has been a work in progress for 10+ years... so I'd very much doubt it will make an appearance on console

Pisshead30
23-02-2018, 15:39
As much as I would like to down the PC gaming route ill just stick my consoles as time is limited with having a toddler around so no point spending money on a pc

Pisshead30
06-03-2018, 00:52
Few gameplay videos I found. Really detest that noise at the start of the race!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJBbNCU0BU0&t=7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX27xuzlT_k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeCe_XKRpGA&t=642s

r_outsider
06-03-2018, 03:04
Not sure how it'll be, but I went against my better judgement and pre-ordered the sucker on XBox. It looks good, we'll see how it plays!

m355y
09-03-2018, 22:14
Amazing how quiet this thread has been despite the game's release! Personally I've been tempted, but haven't bought this yet - mainly because even if the recreation of the TT is impressive, £40-50 sounds like a bit of a rip off for the lack of content. I am quite tempted though. Hope it drops in price quick.

Pisshead30
09-03-2018, 22:55
Here's a video of me doing a time trial lap of the main TT course, few stupid crashes lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Nsru6htxU&t=54s

cxMilk
10-03-2018, 00:03
Amazing how quiet this thread has been despite the game's release! Personally I've been tempted, but haven't bought this yet - mainly because even if the recreation of the TT is impressive, £40-50 sounds like a bit of a rip off for the lack of content. I am quite tempted though. Hope it drops in price quick.
Same. $70+ for one circuit, even if it is IoM with 1:1 detail as they say, seems pretty optimistic on their part. The game looks good, no doubt, but for the content provided, I don't see myself sticking around long enough on the game to justify the price. I'll enjoy the videos posted here for now.

r_outsider
10-03-2018, 00:54

Haven't had a chance to fire it up yet! I shall post my thoughts this weekend. It is a lot of money for basically one circuit, yes, but it is one heck of a circuit.

Robhd
10-03-2018, 06:57
Six pages in, loads of off topic blather (check)
still no thoughts from anyone who has actually played the damned game yet. (Check)

.... Yup, must be the project cars forum....lmao

Have a great weekend folks and hey.. Someone... Anyone who has played the game... Whats it actually like to play??

Interchangeable
10-03-2018, 09:38
still no thoughts from anyone who has actually played the damned game yet. (Check)

Have a great weekend folks and hey.. Someone... Anyone who has played the game... Whats it actually like to play??

A bit more sensitive than ride and the Milestone MotoGP games but you can get use to it pretty quickly. In fact, I always found ride abit slow and heavy and not reactive enough so this suits me better IMHO. It's maybe abit too reactive at speed and not reactive enough at lower speed corners but you get use to pretty quickly. I think this is the first bike game that I've played that's more enjoyable and maybe easier playing in 1st person than it is in 3rd, plus the sense of speed in 1st person is INSANE!! There's a few parts under tree's at the Isle of Man which look mentaly fast when you're doing 190mph+. The supersports are much less reactive and really, really nice to ride. The superbikes are just mental!

The rider animations are shocking but hopefully they'll be improved...

You will crash! I even if you're the God of this game you will crash at some point 'cause the TT is just that difficult! Oh and they don't tell you about bumps in the road so you have too find them yourself!

I play the game with low assits, auto weight movement and auto gears and found it pretty manageable and easy to get a hold of after 30mins or so of playing. I've done the full TT course 2 times in my short playing of the game and also checked out one of the made up tracks.

It's worth a check out that's for sure, even just for the TT!

For the record, I'm playing this on PS4. There's quite a big frame rate drop just after the start line which isn't great but over than that it runs pretty well! Considering the amount of detail they've put into the TT!

I think it has a 30FPS lock? :mad:

Pisshead30
10-03-2018, 18:44

As you can see in previous posts were I posted a gameplay video ive played the game and love it. Mind you the TT races for me has been an obsession from childhood so im in gaming heaven.
Ive only done one race on the fictional tracks the rest of the time has been lap after lap on the main course in time trial. I play in first person view all the time because its far easier to see how close you are to the hedges walls etc.
The rider animation is a bit overboard in my opinion and gets annoying in 3rd person but most of the time in that view im too busy concentrating on the road to notice.
As far as assists go I have the following;

ABS-OFF
TCS-OFF
ANTI-WHEELIE MEDIUM
ANTI-STOPPIE HIGH
RACE LINE-ON
BRAKES-COMBINED
TRANSMISSION-MANUAL

I play on a ps4 pro and have no frame rate issues apart from my eyes not being able to cope with 206mph down Sulby straight lol

Mad Al
10-03-2018, 18:49
When it eventually makes it to Steam, I'll certainly give it a shot.. one question, if you just want to lap the Island in Time Trial, is everything unlocked up front ?

Robhd
10-03-2018, 19:53
Can i be Joey?? Or Robert, or Michael or William? Ago or Mike.. Heck, suddenly i am in a Beautiful South song!

Pisshead30
10-03-2018, 22:27
When it eventually makes it to Steam, I'll certainly give it a shot.. one question, if you just want to lap the Island in Time Trial, is everything unlocked up front ?

Yes you can go into time trial pick whatever track you want including fantasy tracks,full laps of the tt track or pick sections (12 in total) of the tt track to do. All bikes are available in time trial

Pisshead30
10-03-2018, 23:45
Great video with John McGuinness commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMbIUwUKmt4&t=3s

All the bikes from the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nsLZsp4MUY&t=337s

cxMilk
11-03-2018, 01:50
Anyone have some footage of any of the fantasy tracks to share? How are they in comparison to the beautiful job they did with IoM itself?

May have to stroll through YT and see if I can find some footage in the meantime.

m355y
11-03-2018, 09:02
Watched some of the YouTube vids of the fantasy tracks - they look alright actually. The TT course is literally the only reason I'd buy this, though (probably like most people!!)

Interchangeable
11-03-2018, 09:29
Can i be Joey?? Or Robert, or Michael or William? Ago or Mike.. Heck, suddenly i am in a Beautiful South song!

These are all the bikes and riders in the game so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nsLZsp4MUY&feature=youtu.be

No classic riders as yet but hopefully they'll be added in as DLC.

Mad Al
11-03-2018, 10:04
These are all the bikes and riders in the game so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nsLZsp4MUY&feature=youtu.be

No classic riders as yet but hopefully they'll be added in as DLC.

Bruce rode the RCV213-S in 2016 ?
No Suzuki or Bimota for the Superbikes.. No Suzuki in the Supersport (yep, they may have been horribly under represented in both classes, but they were there)

Let's hope they put some decent classic machines out ..

r_outsider
11-03-2018, 18:32
I've killed McPint!!!

So, thoughts. First off, the game is beautiful. Running on an X1X, it looks great, and like everyone else said, don't bother with any camera view that isn't first person. Second, as others have said, the control takes some getting used to, but after playing for a bit, I'm pretty sure every Milestone game in my collection is ruined. You certainly can't ride like a meathead and get away with it. I really like the way the bikes move around, the way the bumps and undulations affect them, they've done a good job. No game will ever nail the feeling of piloting a bike, but this one gives a pretty decent approximation. But that learning curve while trying to learn new bikes, physics, and very, very challenging tracks is going to be steep. I did a couple of laps of the TT circuit (no leaderboard times from me for sure), absolutely loved it, tried a couple of the other tracks in career, I thought they were well done, and that's as far as I got before my brand new One X bricked itself (grrr...).

I also want to mention the sound. After too many bike games that sound terrible, the bikes (that I had a chance to try, at least) are a revelation. I loved it! Thought the wind could be louder at speed, and the collision sounds were over the top, but having a Fireblade that sounds like a Fireblade, and not like a small kitchen appliance that's about to toss its guts all over your house like they do in Ride was great (seriously, I own two bikes and have another that's similar to another bike in Ride 2, the bike sounds in that game are s***).

Bottom line, if you like the TT, this game is totally worth it, and if you don't, it's not. I like it and I'm glad I bought it, I've been waiting a long time for something like this. I'll likely spend most of my time just running the track in time trial on the Snaefell circuit.

r_outsider
11-03-2018, 18:46
Bruce rode the RCV213-S in 2016 ?
No Suzuki or Bimota for the Superbikes.. No Suzuki in the Supersport (yep, they may have been horribly under represented in both classes, but they were there)

Let's hope they put some decent classic machines out ..

Yes he did. And here's hoping for a lot more content by way of DLC.

Mad Al
11-03-2018, 19:06
Yes he did. And here's hoping for a lot more content by way of DLC.

I wonder if Honda said no to a license for it, so they've had to use the Fireblade for Bruce instead..

Pisshead30
11-03-2018, 19:44
Anyone have some footage of any of the fantasy tracks to share? How are they in comparison to the beautiful job they did with IoM itself?

May have to stroll through YT and see if I can find some footage in the meantime.

Lots of footage of fantasy tracks on ROBO46 youtube channel

m355y
14-03-2018, 07:04
Caved in after getting paid and bought it on XB1. I think the novelty of driving the full TT course will wear off eventually, but for now I love it. Great sense of speed and the graphics/representation of the track are properly amazing. Even on the base XB1 (would have got in on PS4 but my HD is full and I can't bring myself to delete anything else!)

I think the XB1 controller is probably better for this anyway.

Pisshead30
16-03-2018, 21:20
Caved in after getting paid and bought it on XB1. I think the novelty of driving the full TT course will wear off eventually, but for now I love it. Great sense of speed and the graphics/representation of the track are properly amazing. Even on the base XB1 (would have got in on PS4 but my HD is full and I can't bring myself to delete anything else!)

I think the XB1 controller is probably better for this anyway.

Ive got it for my ps4 pro and have been trying to get a disc copy for my forza6 xbox1 but local stores are sold out. What HD have you in your ps4? why don't you upgrade to a 2TB no more deleting

m355y
25-03-2018, 19:38
For the record, still love this game. The novelty hasn't worn off yet. You compare the TT course on this to the Ulster GP/NW200 tracks on Ride 2 and there's really no comparison. The detail is incredible. Every bump, every kerb, every hedgerow next to the track, it's bloody beautiful. The lighting too, when you go under the trees around Glen Helen and again further round the track, it feels like you're going into a tunnel, it's so convincing.

To begin with the handling irked me a bit. If you push a bit hard, you oversteer and just lose it. It seems like you're a passenger. But you learn, to ease the bike through, to be gentle and flowing. For ages, I couldn't get round a lap without crashing, then it clicks and you just kind of stop. You learn the danger parts (the chicane jump through the village about two thirds of the way round, the couple of hairpins, the corners with lots of camber) and you think ahead. But it's still so easy to forget yourself, push a bit hard and you're off. But that's good.

The feeling of concentrating round the track, watching the split times and comparing yourself to the likes of Michael Dunlop and John McGuinness, it's thrilling. I finished fifth the first time I really felt confident enough to try a full TT race but spent most of the race about ten seconds behind McGuinness in the lead, gaining a bit, losing a bit, before on the final lap I had a total brainstorm and crashed out about three times because I got a sniff of glory and got carried away.

I reckon a bit more practise and I'll be there - then the challenge is upping the difficulty.....

Well, WELL worth buying this I think. There's not a whole load to it sure, but if you want a proper experience then this is unmissable if you're a fan of bike racing games. And the TT track is amazingly well realised.

Ps I'm definitely going to invest in a bigger HDD. It's only 500GB.

bporion
25-03-2018, 21:20
what controller do you use ?

Pisshead30
28-03-2018, 08:18
I'm definitely going to invest in a bigger HDD. It's only 500GB.

Id recommend a 2TB drive and its not hard to do

pippinfort
29-03-2018, 12:29
Assuming everything has a price ...

... I wonder what it would cost to get their IOM TT track into pCars?

m355y
29-03-2018, 19:07
It's public roads isn't it? So would they have to pay for a licence at all? Maybe like Azure Coast the licence just applies to using the name?

Know there have long been rumours it will appear in GT Sport. Polyphony scanned it a couple of years back but I'd assume that was maybe with a view to a sequel to their own TT game, maybe before the licence went elsewhere.

pippinfort
30-03-2018, 09:31
I was thinking more along the lines of SMS buying the data representation of the track and converting for use in pCars.

I don't know if this is even possible, or, if development houses share / license IP in this way.

It's public roads isn't it? So would they have to pay for a licence at all? Maybe like Azure Coast the licence just applies to using the name?

Know there have long been rumours it will appear in GT Sport. Polyphony scanned it a couple of years back but I'd assume that was maybe with a view to a sequel to their own TT game, maybe before the licence went elsewhere.

marts.sum
30-03-2018, 11:31
Fun game, great sense of speed. Not usually one for bike titles but this handles really nicely on the controller and in first person. Sure some more knowledgeable people could pick holes in the physics and such but as a semi-arcade racer it's a lot of fun tearing through these narrow roads.

Pisshead30
07-04-2018, 14:39
I finally managed to get a disc copy for xbox too should be interesting to see how it compares to ps4...