PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS PC Patch 10.2 Release Notes

Stephen Viljoen
15-04-2016, 14:28
Hi guys,

The next PC patch is now live. Info below...

PC Patch 10.2 Release notes

* TrackIR - Fixed various bugs to restore proper operation
* Fix issue where in non-VR, the game was defaulting to windowed mode
* Fix Opponent Labels so they show up correctly in VR and non-VR modes (Not working (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46524-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-10-2-Release-Notes&p=1266073&viewfull=1#post1266073), hot-fix incoming ASAP)
* Restored Main Menu top-right X to exit game
* Configured UI so that In-game VR option only show when using VR

Charger
15-04-2016, 14:52
:applause:

Alan Dallas
15-04-2016, 15:19
What a nice thing to wake up to. And activated the AMG. BTW, trying to have my morning coffee and drive the latest car... not easy. :D

MABlosfeld
15-04-2016, 15:22
:applause:

RomKnight
15-04-2016, 15:23
Everyone know caffeine takes 30-45m to take effect (read make you open your eyes in the morning :D )

And didn't you know it is illegal to drink and drive? :P

resmania
15-04-2016, 15:55
Thanks for the TrackIR fix.

Jeanval Lab
15-04-2016, 16:21
i've got many disconnection and crashes in multiplayer, since the launch of this update, driving the new AMG (not tested with other cars to see if it's linked)

RomKnight
15-04-2016, 16:25
If it was on DS servers people will have to update it to use the new merc 1st.

Th3Pr0ph3cy
15-04-2016, 16:35
* Fix Opponent Labels so they show up correctly in VR and non-VR modes

Just tried it... i don't see any opponent labels at all... changed all settings, changed profile ... they don't show up... anyone seeing them?

Just ice
15-04-2016, 16:37
Is this car free. I do not have it in game. small patch downloaded

Siberian Tiger
15-04-2016, 16:40
Just tried it... i don't see any opponent labels at all... changed all settings, changed profile ... they don't show up... anyone seeing them?

Sure you have them activated in the Options? Just to be sure... I'm at Work atm can't try it...

Th3Pr0ph3cy
15-04-2016, 16:42
Sure you have them activated in the Options? Just to be sure... I'm at Work atm can't try it...

Yes absolutely sure. I tried all options. Even assigned a key to change them while on track... not working... :( Furthermore tested 32bit/64bit mode... several servers...

Jeanval Lab
15-04-2016, 16:59
If it was on DS servers people will have to update it to use the new merc 1st.

It could be that. I will see later if it change. Thx for your answer.

Daynja
15-04-2016, 17:00
Thanks for the new Merc. I curently race the older one in a fixed default setup league.

Some feedback for Casey & the audio team:
The new Merc GT3 car feels very similar to the older one (which is a good thing). Rather than a different car under the hood (code wise) it feels like you have fixed the default setup (the older merc default destroys tyres and takes longer to brake).

The new AMG feels like its has more efficient brakes rather than better, as it feels like it doesnt slide/lock everywhere,and doesn't over steer as much as the older one which is good under power especially on slow/hairpin corners,so I expect its tyres would probably last longer as the default setup for the older Merc is a tyre eater and its causing me probs in the league Im in at the moment.

Overall I love the new car, so good work Casey & crew. I get the same/similar times as the older merc, but as its not as sensitive to bumps like Le Mans Bugatti has everywhere it feels like I could be more aggressive during combat.

The audio is identical which is a shame but I get it (no addiotinal cost),and still suffers from the engine ratio to environment problem the older Merc has (being drowned out by other audio, mostly other cars).Please please fix the audio balance for both mercs. Many thanks

Stephen Viljoen
15-04-2016, 17:28

We're chasing it. If it is somehow not working in public patch build, then we'll release a hot-fix ASAP to address it. I'll post updates as soon as we've verified one way or the other.

Stephen Viljoen
15-04-2016, 17:38
We're chasing it. If it is somehow not working in public patch build, then we'll release a hot-fix ASAP to address it. I'll post updates as soon as we've verified one way or the other.

OK confirmed here. Apologies guys, we'll get a hot-fix out absolutely ASAP.

Andy Garton
15-04-2016, 17:40
Apology seconded. We suck sometimes, and this was one of those times.

Siberian Tiger
15-04-2016, 17:42
Quick Support as allways :) Thanks SMS!

AbeWoz
15-04-2016, 17:47
Is this car free. I do not have it in game. small patch downloaded

Yes it's the new free car. It should be at the very top the Mercedes list. AMG-GT3

Thanks for the new Merc. I curently race the older one in a fixed default setup league.

Some feedback for Casey & the audio team:
The new Merc GT3 car feels very similar to the older one (which is a good thing). Rather than a different car under the hood (code wise) it feels like you have fixed the default setup (the older merc default destroys tyres and takes longer to brake).

The new AMG feels like its has more efficient brakes rather than better, as it feels like it doesnt slide/lock everywhere,and doesn't over steer as much as the older one which is good under power especially on slow/hairpin corners,so I expect its tyres would probably last longer as the default setup for the older Merc is a tyre eater and its causing me probs in the league Im in at the moment.

Overall I love the new car, so good work Casey & crew. I get the same/similar times as the older merc, but as its not as sensitive to bumps like Le Mans Bugatti has everywhere it feels like I could be more aggressive during combat.

The audio is identical which is a shame but I get it (no addiotinal cost),and still suffers from the engine ratio to environment problem the older Merc has (being drowned out by other audio, mostly other cars).Please please fix the audio balance for both mercs. Many thanks

New AMG-GT3 uses same engine as the old SLS AMG-GT3 so i'm sure the sounds will be fairly similar IRL as well.

crowtrobot
15-04-2016, 17:58
Apology seconded. We suck sometimes, and this was one of those times.
Eh, "stuff" happens. Good luck with the hotfix, any last minute changes to code always stress me the hell out!

Daynja
15-04-2016, 18:01
Nice.

Please give the audio balance of the Merc's some love in the hotfix too :)

Nwt SPoR
15-04-2016, 18:20
Nice :) Going for a test run now :)

Racer Pro
15-04-2016, 22:05
no more patch for ps4 ? pc have patch 10.1 and 10.2 and ps4 nothing why.

Siberian Tiger
15-04-2016, 22:10
Because in Patch 10.1 and 10.2 there is nothing for the PS4... It is as simple as that.

Next Patch would be Patch 11 for PS4 and Xbone i assume.

Angst1974
16-04-2016, 00:09
I so I had a problem under patch 10.1 where the first time I went to go to any track (TT , Free practice , career race , etc..) The clock would just spin forever , I would exit out and start a second time and it would work. Now under 10.2 this is fixes :victorious:

However randomly when I exit to desktop (with the now there X button) my whole computer reboots.

BullWinkle
16-04-2016, 00:30
@Angst1974
Is both your G29 and Thrustmaster GPX plugged in when in Project Cars? Try with just the G29 and see if it makes any difference when exiting.

TassyDevil
16-04-2016, 06:22
Hi guys,

The next PC patch is now live. Info below...

PC Patch 10.2 Release notes

* TrackIR - Fixed various bugs to restore proper operation
* Fix issue where in non-VR, the game was defaulting to windowed mode* Fix Opponent Labels so they show up correctly in VR and non-VR modes (Not working (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46524-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-10-2-Release-Notes&p=1266073&viewfull=1#post1266073), hot-fix incoming ASAP)
* Restored Main Menu top-right X to exit game
* Configured UI so that In-game VR option only show when using VR

Hi Guys
I have got the 10.2 patch but still will not let me untick widowed mode.
I am running three screens.

Sankyo
16-04-2016, 07:45
Hi Guys
I have got the 10.2 patch but still will not let me untick widowed mode.
I am running three screens.

Did you delete the graphicsconfig.xml file after the update?

Mair0
16-04-2016, 08:16
Game ist still running in windowed mode. I still have to do the workaround.

PostBox981
16-04-2016, 10:45
Game ist still running in windowed mode. I still have to do the workaround.

I have triple screen as well and it worked for me as soon as I found out I have to change the resolution first by scrolling very much to the right instead of left before. After having done that I was able to disable windowed mode and everything´s fine now.

Angst1974
16-04-2016, 11:41
@Angst1974
Is both your G29 and Thrustmaster GPX plugged in when in Project Cars? Try with just the G29 and see if it makes any difference when exiting.

GPX is unplugged . pCars would never run with them both plugged in.

Angst1974
16-04-2016, 11:45
This is new since the patch too.

Start up , continue career mode ...

Closed , verified cache , same error . Free practice seemed to work

OK , seems like my career got corrupted somehow :(

No number or anything showing for the one I was playing . Started a new career it was fine. Error and crash when selecting the nameless one .

dualin
16-04-2016, 12:10
Hi, and what about sli in VR. It's still broken the sli vr support???

Best regards
Dualin

xelapc
16-04-2016, 12:57
It could be that. I will see later if it change. Thx for your answer.

Hi there,

still download patch 10.2 yesterday but can not see or choose the new MB AMG GT3. Obviously the car is in gamestructure but not ingame. What's wrong?? Lucky also have the car in AC with reality skins :p ;-)

Nakamuza
16-04-2016, 14:07
Can't wait till you guys fix the names, trying to identify people who need to removed is very difficult now so online racing is a little frustrating.

Also is anyone experiencing a lot more issues than normal with syncing issues at the start of races? 3/5 races today I have started in random places on the track and could not participate in the race. This isn't a rant just curious to see if anyone else is experiencing similar issues?

I'm liking the AMG btw :D keep up the hard work guys.

Konan
16-04-2016, 15:02
Quick Support as allways :) Thanks SMS!

Yeah...thumbs up for the entire team... :applause:

BullWinkle
16-04-2016, 15:22
This is new since the patch too.

Start up , continue career mode ...

Closed , verified cache , same error . Free practice seemed to work

OK , seems like my career got corrupted somehow :(

No number or anything showing for the one I was playing . Started a new career it was fine. Error and crash when selecting the nameless one .

Only thing I can suggest now, and you probably won't like it is to rename your default.sav file (probably corrupt) located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\Your ID\234630\local\project cars\profiles
You will loose all your career progress/game settings and controller settings, not a nice option I know, but maybe necessary. You can always un-rename it if it doesn't help.

Angst1974
16-04-2016, 17:06
Only thing I can suggest now, and you probably won't like it is to rename your default.sav file (probably corrupt) located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\Your ID\234630\local\project cars\profiles
You will loose all your career progress/game settings and controller settings, not a nice option I know, but maybe necessary. You can always un-rename it if it doesn't help.

I just deleted my career , and that seems to of fixed the problem. I was on LMP1 championship season , trying to do the zero to hero accolade . SMS owes me a Steam achievement !! I so HATE the damn karts :p

Slowsley
16-04-2016, 21:00
No AMG for me...:(

BullWinkle
16-04-2016, 21:39

You should have it available if your on the latest patch(s). try verifying game cache if you haven't already.

Umer Ahmad
16-04-2016, 23:35
Restart PC (that will force a STEAM restart which should pull down the update unless you have auto-updates disabled in STEAM settings).

Extreme Lower Left corner of the game main menu should show something like: v2.0.0.1215 (that was the version sent out Friday with the new Mercedes)

xelapc
17-04-2016, 16:04
AMG GT3 is now ingame. What I did is that I repaired my gamefiles by clicking the option "check gamefile" (Spieldateien auf Fehler überprüfen) in steam. Open steam in your steam folder by clicking steam.exe.

Schadows
18-04-2016, 12:02
Extreme Lower Left corner of the game main menu should show something like: v2.0.0.1215 (that was the version sent out Friday with the new Mercedes)Don't have my gaming PC with me right now, but shouldn't it be 10.2.0.0.1215 ?

haydnbuzz
18-04-2016, 21:22
Thanks SMS, faith restored and I stand corrected. Thank you for the Freetrack fix. :D

Chin
19-04-2016, 01:56
Appreciate the fixes with this patch...

rustymike12
19-04-2016, 10:10
What a nice thing to wake up to. And activated the AMG. BTW, trying to have my morning coffee and drive the latest car... not easy. :D

Just saw this, instead of coffee, try beer!

Stephen Viljoen
19-04-2016, 17:21
Hi all, just a heads-up that we plan to push the hot-fix with the fix for the opponent labels out later today. All being well, it should be with you very shortly.

dualin
19-04-2016, 17:24
Hi @Stephen Viljoen and what about the SLI problem? When can we play with our SLI's???

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Dualin

cluck
19-04-2016, 17:46
Hi all, just a heads-up that we plan to push the hot-fix with the fix for the opponent labels out later today. All being well, it should be with you very shortly.Just tested it and can confirm it's working OK for me in Quick Race Weekend mode at least. Will try with Oculus Rift aswell and will report back shortly :).

Thanks for the fix guys :yes:

EDIT : And working on the Oculus Rift too (again, only tested in QRW so far). Excellent stuff :yes:

EDIT : Tested in multiplayer and can confirm also working there :yes:.

EDIT : Just to add, I tested switching the labels on and off multiple times whilst driving and it worked perfectly each time :).

cluck
19-04-2016, 19:43
Just tested it and can confirm it's working OK for me in Quick Race Weekend mode at least. Will try with Oculus Rift aswell and will report back shortly :).

Thanks for the fix guys :yes:

EDIT : And working on the Oculus Rift too (again, only tested in QRW so far). Excellent stuff :yes:

EDIT : Tested in multiplayer and can confirm also working there :yes:.

EDIT : Just to add, I tested switching the labels on and off multiple times whilst driving and it worked perfectly each time :).As an addendum to this, the labels in VR mode are VERY clear. I haven't raced without my Rift for 18 months, so I don't know if it did this before, but the driver labels rotate as you pass cars, so that the name is always facing you. Anyway, the devs have definitely listened to the complaints about the labels being quite small and hard to read, because you would have to be near blind to not be able to read them now :).

Mezzanine
19-04-2016, 22:29
As an addendum to this, the labels in VR mode are VERY clear. I haven't raced without my Rift for 18 months, so I don't know if it did this before, but the driver labels rotate as you pass cars, so that the name is always facing you. Anyway, the devs have definitely listened to the complaints about the labels being quite small and hard to read, because you would have to be near blind to not be able to read them now :).

That sounds very nice, it would sure be great to be able to read the names above the cars. In normal non VR mode though they are not working "well".
The video below is from a fun/induction race last night (hotfix is installed) within RSR (which by the way was 110% fun as always, no need to tell you - you know these guys).

But as you can see at the start there are no names above the cars arround.
Then there are some names shown above some cars further down the road. No chance to be able to read them though.
It gets better when the field sorts a little, then at least there is something above the cars in front but there is 0% chance to be able to read this tiny something.

The one situation you are actually able to read it is when you drive directly beside or behind someone. Thats what the UI is showing anyway.

I'm sure people would love if you could improove this a little more. Is there a chance for even hotter fix?

The video is 720p/30 only but hey you all got the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkf2FYLmGPk

btw. I thought you' were using your headset every race you do in RSR, I was actually loosing concentration imagining using one too and doing lazy mistakes while you overtake me :)

cluck
19-04-2016, 22:38
Oh, that's a pity :(. I must admit, the multiplayer session I joined seemed to work perfectly OK and the QRW seemed OK aswell. However, I have just fired it up again and saw exactly what you saw. I suspect it might be related to number of cars visible in front - when I tested earlier, I was quite close to the front of the grid, whereas the random grid position in my latest test put me further back.

EDIT : If I get time tonight I'll try some proper testing both with the Oculus and on the normal monitor. I'll test with me starting near the front of a packed grid and then gradually move my starting position back. I'm not sure if I can get screenshots of the Oculus display but I will get shots from the monitor test. Of course, that's assuming nobody does this between now and this evening :).

Henrique Clausing
20-04-2016, 12:08
What about last update (19/04/2016) 10.3, 29 MB ??? Anyone have downloaded it on Steam yesterday too?

Bealdor
20-04-2016, 12:09
What about last update (19/04/2016) 10.3, 29 MB ??? Anyone have downloaded it on Steam yesterday too?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46524-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-10-2-Release-Notes&p=1267978&viewfull=1#post1267978

Angst1974
21-04-2016, 23:35
I so I had a problem under patch 10.1 where the first time I went to go to any track (TT , Free practice , career race , etc..) The clock would just spin forever , I would exit out and start a second time and it would work. Now under 10.2 this is fixes :victorious:

\

and now clock spinning problem is back... fun

Rofas
30-04-2016, 17:12
Between reflection low/envmap high no difference in fps compared to reflections ultra/envmap ultra, was there a deliberate downgrade to gain better performance in this regard or is there some unknown issue? I've just checked Build 1001 of pcars and there is a big difference in fps when I do exactly the same test. Also in pcars2 there seems to be a big effect when I cange these settings, in particular reflections.

Umer Ahmad
01-05-2016, 03:12
I seem to remember it was intentional

Rofas
05-05-2016, 08:45
In clear weather no difference, there is a difference in rainy weather at night, although the performance penalty is much smaller than it was. I believe this is the reason why pcars1 performance so much better than pcars2 actually.

Beans
05-05-2016, 18:56
and now clock spinning problem is back... fun
I have had this problem, but I know for sure in my case that is related to my PC problems and not the game. For instance if my PC reboots while in game or has a BSOD the game may not load. Another words, If I was playing Practice mode at the time of the crash, I get the spinning clock after rebooting. I can often load another game mode and then go back to practice and it will load. If the crash is bad enough, it will corrupt the game save file. I am constantly saving known good state of the file for this reason.

BullWinkle
05-05-2016, 19:27
I have had this problem, but I know for sure in my case that is related to my PC problems and not the game. For instance if my PC reboots while in game or has a BSOD the game may not load. Another words, If I was playing Practice mode at the time of the crash, I get the spinning clock after rebooting. I can often load another game mode and then go back to practice and it will load. If the crash is bad enough, it will corrupt the game save file. I am constantly saving known good state of the file for this reason.

Have you monitored your CPU/GPU temps while in Project Cars yet? Your 780 possibly has collected abit of dust and overheating. Which can shut down your system and or reboot. Same goes for the CPU fan/heatsink. Re-applying new thermal paste on cpu/gpu could be an option too. :)

Beans
06-05-2016, 02:19
Have you monitored your CPU/GPU temps while in Project Cars yet? Your 780 possibly has collected abit of dust and overheating. Which can shut down your system and or reboot. Same goes for the CPU fan/heatsink. Re-applying new thermal paste on cpu/gpu could be an option too. :)

Thanks, I have checked for that, but I think it's the chipset. It doesn't have a proper fan - long story. I have water blocks, but the system is a temporary setup - sigh, until I get the time.