PDA

View Full Version : Car classes and lack of cars....

BreadedVirus
16-04-2016, 02:54
Why is the GT3 class the only class of cars with such a big selection of cars? There are plenty of other car classes that need attention.

Photonenbert
16-04-2016, 06:04
Why is the GT3 class the only class of cars with such a big selection of cars? There are plenty of other car classes that need attention.

sadly you cant just get any car you would like in the game, one the manufacturer mostly decides on what they want to give to the game after devs sent in their wishlist and then they can only hope for the best or two you have lots of money I guess.

you would also have to get the license of not only the car but also the series. Im also unsure if having the series license gives you ability to have all the cars...like you could have the license for DTM but can you get each of the three cars then as well? idk but could again be a problem as well.

its sadly not that easy and with time for development with a small amount of people in a top notch racing sim we cant have GranTurismo-car-counts.

I can say I think we have done great on car selection :)

ELAhrairah
16-04-2016, 06:50
i hope pcars2 has a bit more wec classes to balance things out. Overal i am ok with what we have. The e-tron and ts-040 made a lot good for me.

seb02
16-04-2016, 12:46
i hope pcars2 has a bit more wec classes to balance things out. Overal i am ok with what we have. The e-tron and ts-040 made a lot good for me.

Project cars is a good game but miss wtcc, dtm and ovals. Raceroom is a very great game there is wtcc and dtm and ovals with mods. M'y team stopped to play project cars for that. We have hoped more wtcc more dtm and ovals but no. Always gt3 cars.

BreadedVirus
16-04-2016, 14:18
sadly you cant just get any car you would like in the game, one the manufacturer mostly decides on what they want to give to the game after devs sent in their wishlist and then they can only hope for the best or two you have lots of money I guess.

you would also have to get the license of not only the car but also the series. Im also unsure if having the series license gives you ability to have all the cars...like you could have the license for DTM but can you get each of the three cars then as well? idk but could again be a problem as well.

its sadly not that easy and with time for development with a small amount of people in a top notch racing sim we cant have GranTurismo-car-counts.

I can say I think we have done great on car selection :)

Thanks for your response. It's a great game, was just curious with regards to the amount of gt3 over other classes.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
16-04-2016, 14:35
Thanks for your response. It's a great game, was just curious with regards to the amount of gt3 over other classes.GT3 is super popular as a class these days, it is the most requested one, even when there already are several of them and many people are asking for other things. The manufacturers also seem to be good to deal with for licensing, and they provide great racing to boot. It may well be the biggest single class of racing cars out there today, with something like 40 different cars still being homologated. So yeah, kinda makes sense that there'd be many of them, even if branching out to other areas would also be appreciated.

Personally I'd hoped pCARS had gone more like Assetto Corsa with the licensing, with only a few racing cars and many more road cars, especially in the lower ranges. That's one thing I do like about AC, their ratio of road cars to racing cars being heavily skewed towards the road cars. =)

E_Luckow
16-04-2016, 15:38
Project cars is a good game but miss wtcc, dtm and ovals. Raceroom is a very great game there is wtcc and dtm and ovals with mods. M'y team stopped to play project cars for that. We have hoped more wtcc more dtm and ovals but no. Always gt3 cars.

Raceroom with mods?? Ovals? The game is not moddable.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
16-04-2016, 15:56
Yeah, I was wondering about that too. =/

seb02
16-04-2016, 16:16
Raceroom with mods?? Ovals? The game is not moddable.

Yes you are right. Sorry, it's a mistake between R3E and iracing because we have them. All that to say we dont play pcars nomore. As i said it s good game but too lacks. Personal opinion

Poulka
16-04-2016, 18:14
I just prefer the racing cars. Road cars are okay, but I want to race so I spend most of my time with race cars. It doesn't matter on class or era.

FS7
16-04-2016, 18:56
I prefer race cars over road cars (imo racing games are about racing cars, road cars are more of a additional game mode), I wouldn't mind SMS adding more road cars in PCars2 as long as there's a lot of racing cars/classes to choose from.
Also, although having more cars in certain classes would be nice I'm more worried about having more classes, I'd rather have the GT-R Super GT500 than having a GT-R GT3.