PDA

View Full Version : Porsche 911R 2016 by JDougNY and GvsE [car mod]

Mike Scott
17-04-2016, 21:33
Porsche 911R 2016

Created by JDougNY and GvsE (aka Mike Scott)
This is our interpretation of the new 911R.
The vehicle is based on the heavily modified model of Ruf RGT8 and modified parts of 991gt3rs (permission to use rfactor gt3rs mod assets granted by PTSoftCorpRFTeam at http://f1classic.your-talk.com forum).
(Modded) ruf rgt8, and sounds by SMS.

Custom physics and model modifications by JDougNY and GvsE.

Update 1.06
change log:
- changed displayed name to 911 R
- fixed bumper flicker (front and rear): new bumper mebs
- realigned edges of front bumper
- changed redline of gauge textures
- alpha channel adjustment to wheel blur texture
- Corrected GUI vehicle image texture for proper display in menus
- ADDED: animated wing! yay! :)

Update 1.04
1 Rescaled carbon cockpit elements
2 Added carbon gear stick
3 Added new tv display logo
4 Added new mirrors
5 Added 911R boot vent cover
6 Added wiper mask to exterior front glass
7 Increased size of front brake discs. Offset front brake discs and calipers more outward.
8 Increased size of rear brake discs
9 Eliminated gap/crack where rear right wheel well and rear bumper meet.
10 Revised torque curve of engine. Lowered rev limiter to 8800rpm
11 Adjustments in CSD file due to rev limiter change
12 Edited Cockpit diffuse/glow textures to reflect 8800rpm redline
13 Edited statistics file due to top speed reduction
14 Edited tach texture for HUD

UPDATE 1.02
- Added a 32bit version of the car.
- (64bit version) Added headlights.dds and headlights.prl file
- (Both versions) Changed steeringwheel LodA meb
Update provided by JDougNY!

Download:

RaceDepartment: here (http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-911r-2016.9942/)

NoGrip: here (http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=43309)

Installation instructions:
1. After extracting the archive move the MODS folder to your Project Cars directory
1.1 There are 2 versions of the vehicle: 32bit and 64bit. If you launch the game from pCARS.exe then use the 32bit ver, and if pCARS64.exe then use the 64 bit variant.
2. Use JSGME to activate the mod (either 32bit or 64bit)
3. Navigate to SteamApps\common\pCars directory and check if you already have mods.txt file.

If you do then:
a. Open it in text editor and add the following lines at the end of the file:
Vehicles\Por_911R\por_911r.crd
:tyres: "Pirelli PZero Corsa-Med" "Pirelli PZero Corsa-Med-Rear" "Pirelli PZero-All Weather" "Pirelli PZero-All Weather-Rear" "Pirelli PZero Trofeo-Soft" "Pirelli PZero Trofeo-Soft-Rear"
:hud: Por_911R

If you do not, then copy the mods.txt file provided in the archive and paste it in this directory.

If you want to uninstall the mod:
1. open JSGME
2. select porsche 911r in the right side pane
3. press arrow pointing to the left (in the central panel)
Done

XenoMan
17-04-2016, 22:34
Found that the exterior model uses the standard ruf's wheel model :)

XenoMan
18-04-2016, 19:37
Despite all disadvantages it's a good mod :) I like physics and ffb of the car. But I found that characteristics is a little bit incorrect... max speed of the real car is actually 320-323 kmh and weight is 1370 kg, but I could be wrong

JDougNy
18-04-2016, 20:24
Disadvantages...too funny. GVSE put a lot of effort into the exterior modeling, plus myself getting in there making wheel models and physics to help out. Some people here seem to act like ungrateful ass hats.

In the game the top speed of the car is slightly better. A game can't simulate all conditions that occur in the real world. Drivetrain losses have been configured into the physics and divided between clutchfriction and frictiontorque. Drag coefficient is set and verified via livetrace. I recorded in statistics the top speed that was reached on Mojave test track and not what was advertised for the car. I could have simply set the statistics to whatever top speed is advertised, but I prefer to go with what occurs in the game. Since the car squeezes out a few more MPH of top speed, it's safe to say that Porsche has over-estimated their HP at the flywheel...again...a common practice for Porsche, Ferrari and Lambo. I could easily cut more power than would be proper via friction..then people would complain about acceleration.

The 1370kg weight is a bit under-quoted and is common practice for Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, etc. Proper research is required...you can't always believe what the manufacturer publishes. The weight I use in the physics is more accurate and includes the driver weight.

XenoMan
18-04-2016, 20:49
Disadvantages...too funny. GVSE put a lot of effort into the exterior modeling, plus myself getting in there making wheel models and physics to help out. Some people here seem to act like ungrateful ass hats.

Sorry, but I'm not telling that the model itself is bad, it's pretty good, but there's some places that catch the eye... And thank you for the answer to the characteristics issue :) You guys have made a great job althrough

Umer Ahmad
18-04-2016, 22:55
Chill out guys. No need to insult anyone's work, directly or indirectly. Some people are spending many personal hours on these mods. There's no competition, it's for the benefit of all players

Davidiano
19-04-2016, 00:01
BIG thank You,great work guys. Keep it up :)

crowtrobot
19-04-2016, 00:27
Looks great guys, nice to see a proper Porsche here :)

rangerman65
19-04-2016, 08:21
Thanks for the car guys and many thanks for the hard work you all put in.

BuToNz
19-04-2016, 09:13
Don't worry about the 'negative' comments guys, I'm sure it's just passion for perfection.

Great mod and keep up the great work! :)

six75
19-04-2016, 09:58
fantastic model for me

but I have a problem, the car and transparent.
You see the pilot , wheels , brakes , exhausts , but the bodywork and transparent
Use TV 4K and ultra details

help please

Sankyo
19-04-2016, 10:15
fantastic model for me

but I have a problem, the car and transparent.
You see the pilot , wheels , brakes , exhausts , but the bodywork and transparent
Use TV 4K and ultra details

help please

If you set car detail to high, does it go away?

six75
19-04-2016, 10:26
my detail is ultra!
car ultra

Sankyo
19-04-2016, 10:41
my detail is ultra!
car ultra

Yes I understood that. If you turn it to High, does it solve the problem?

hotak
19-04-2016, 10:44
It's working for me with detail on ultra, very nice car, but for some reason the rims texture/reflecrion seems wrong to me, can't really tell why.
The physics seem well done, very fun car to drive on cali highway

six75
19-04-2016, 10:50
Yes I understood that. If you turn it to High, does it solve the problem?

no
I tried both medium-high ultra - always the same
the audi mod instead works perfectly

konnos
19-04-2016, 13:01
Thank you very much everyone involved. I just wanted to say that I did not have to modify mods.txt as it appears that the line was added automatically when I enabled the mod with JSGME.

IJOJOI
19-04-2016, 13:12
i... just... love... you!!
I wish I had the money to buy a real one..
Already saving for a older 997 or something similar.

I am just in love with these!

Great work!!

konnos
19-04-2016, 14:23
I cannot see the car in my car list. The mods.txt is as it should

Mike Scott
19-04-2016, 16:21
Please do not post here about any other cars. This thread is dedicated to Porsche 991R and kindly keep it this way. I'd appreciate it if you removed the links and pictures to other mods because you will put us in a bad situation with forum moderators here.
We do not post about other mods here on purpose because it is against the rules here.

We comply with the rules of NoGrip so keep relevant discussions there. Please.

konnos
19-04-2016, 17:11
Is there something I might be doing wrong with the mod? I have followed the instructions, but I cannot see the car in the car list. The only other mod I have used is the MachineDojo R8 posted a few days ago and that works and it's basically the same install process. Just to make sure, I disabled the Audi R8 at JSGME and then enabled the Porsche, but still nothing.

XenoMan
19-04-2016, 17:15
Is there something I might be doing wrong with the mod? I have followed the instructions, but I cannot see the car in the car list. The only other mod I have used is the MachineDojo R8 posted a few days ago and that works and it's basically the same install process. Just to make sure, I disabled the Audi R8 at JSGME and then enabled the Porsche, but still nothing.

Throw mods.txt into the pcars folder (Steam\steamapps\common\pCars) and write this in the end:

Vehicles\Por_911R\por_911r.crd
:tyres: "Pirelli PZero Corsa-Med" "Pirelli PZero Corsa-Med-Rear" "Pirelli PZero-All Weather" "Pirelli PZero-All Weather-Rear" "Pirelli PZero Trofeo-Soft" "Pirelli PZero Trofeo-Soft-Rear"
:hud: Por_911R

konnos
19-04-2016, 17:17
It's already there

XenoMan
19-04-2016, 17:22
It's already there

So... you have to do a second step :)

konnos
19-04-2016, 17:37
No I mean, the file is there and the text is as you described, I did follow the instructions that were in the download link, just the car is not appearing for me. Any other reason it is not there?

Mike Scott
19-04-2016, 19:02
Is the MODS folder in the same directory as pcars exe? Post the path to mods folder please.

six75
19-04-2016, 19:31
It's working for me with detail on ultra, very nice car, but for some reason the rims texture/reflecrion seems wrong to me, can't really tell why.
The physics seem well done, very fun car to drive on cali highway

this is the problem:

NaRP
19-04-2016, 19:51
Not working for me.
if i create Mods folder. add or not add correct path to crd file = not working.
if i don't create Mods folder and add files in exiting folder (like animation, etc)... asking to replace files...No, absolutely not ! i want to keep my original files.
So ! don't work. :(

konnos
19-04-2016, 20:35
OK I have found what was wrong and now I see the car in my car list. Basically, the rar you download has got a "Porsche_911R_V1.01" folder in it. Despite what the instructions say, this is not the folder you should be extracting into the MODS folder in PCars. Open that Porsche folder, go into MODS and this is the Porsche folder you should be extracting into your MODS folder... If you didn't bother opening the original Porsche folder you wouldn't know that.

Mike Scott
19-04-2016, 21:18
six75, NaRP
the mod isn't installed correctly. Please see konnos' post above for tips on what went wrong. Correct path to the 911 in your MODS after extracting should be: SteamApps\common\pCars\MODS\Porsche 911R '16 (V1.01) and not SteamApps\common\pCars\MODSPorsche_911R_V1.01\MODS\Porsche 911R '16 (V1.01). Look inside the unpacked archive and you can basically copy the MODS folder that's inside the archive and paste it in your game directory. Then activate with JSGME.
I hope this is clear.

Edit: I changed installation instructions in the first post (the extraction bit might have been confusing). Hope this will eliminate your problems. Good luck! :)

walken
19-04-2016, 22:26
Great work guys !!! Love the 'new' feeling that this car transmit me with ffb !!! Thank You !!!!

NaRP
20-04-2016, 05:54
six75, NaRP
the mod isn't installed correctly. Please see konnos' post above for tips on what went wrong. Correct path to the 911 in your MODS after extracting should be: SteamApps\common\pCars\MODS\Porsche 911R '16 (V1.01) and not SteamApps\common\pCars\MODSPorsche_911R_V1.01\MODS\Porsche 911R '16 (V1.01). Look inside the unpacked archive and you can basically copy the MODS folder that's inside the archive and paste it in your game directory. Then activate with JSGME.
I hope this is clear.
Edit: I changed installation instructions in the first post (the extraction bit might have been confusing). Hope this will eliminate your problems. Good luck! :)
Thanks, but i think i'll keep mod what can works without replace files and no activation/unactivation by jsgme: more easily for me.

konnos
20-04-2016, 07:35
@NaRP
I didn't have to replace any files. Also the JSGME, take 1 minute to do. Copy the program, run it, click the mod you want activated and click again to activate. No fuss.

six75
20-04-2016, 13:25
thanks guys now works great

Jack Spade
20-04-2016, 14:33
Tweaker Files 2.8.2 posted - Porsche 911r added.

KkDrummer
20-04-2016, 20:53
this is the problem:

I am having this exact same problem...copied the folder from MODS into mods in PCars directory...added Porsche in JSGME and copied the details from the txt. into the mod.txt (right below the Audi details). Other mods I have active: career and Audi.
I've also tried deactivating the other two mods, but still no luck.
Anyone can help? Thanks!

Mike Scott
20-04-2016, 21:15
Have you followed revised instructions on page 1 here? You shouldn't have a mods folder inside another mods folder. The problem illustrated in that snap was due to incorrect mod installation.

Btw, we should have a 32 bit version of the 911r soon. If you run the game in 32bit mode you are probably experiencing crashes with the mod. Hold tight, help is coming.

Mike Scott
21-04-2016, 07:43
UPDATE 1.02 (by JDougNY)

see first post for links

- Added a 32bit version of the car.
- (64bit version) Added headlights.dds and headlights.prl file
- (Both versions) Changed steeringwheel LodA meb

KkDrummer
21-04-2016, 08:27
Have you followed revised instructions on page 1 here? You shouldn't have a mods folder inside another mods folder. The problem illustrated in that snap was due to incorrect mod installation.

Btw, we should have a 32 bit version of the 911r soon. If you run the game in 32bit mode you are probably experiencing crashes with the mod. Hold tight, help is coming.

Yes, I have. Within the mods folder I have the Porsche folder, not another mod. I run the game on 64bit mode. I will remove 1.01 and download 1.02 to see if it does the trick...at work now, will do it tonight. Thanks.

KkDrummer
21-04-2016, 18:11

ok..I've tried 1.02 but nothing. Even tried it on 32bit, but no luck either. I've attached some screenshots so you can see what I am doing (probably something wrong lol):

the path where the Porsche mod (and my other two mods) is saved is: C:\Games\Project CARS\MODS

konnos
21-04-2016, 18:59
what's is inside that porsche folder? if you see another MODS folder in there, you copied the wrong folder.

KkDrummer
21-04-2016, 19:51
what's is inside that porsche folder? if you see another MODS folder in there, you copied the wrong folder.

Inside the porsche folder: animation, audio, GUI, Pakfiles and vehicles...

Machinist90
21-04-2016, 20:29
good to see the cars flowing in,nice work keep it up

tekin
21-04-2016, 21:14
this is the problem:

I am also having this same problem see screenshot...:disgust:

on win7 x64.. 2015 Audi R8 LMS and Pagani Zonda R Evolution working fine

tried the suggested fixed in this thread no joy car appears to be transparent (drive well though)

pls help me fix it PLEASE

Mike Scott
21-04-2016, 22:34
something that caught my eye: one of you with problems had game files located in "r.g.catalyst" folder (your JSGME gave you away), which looks to me like a cracked edition of the game. As such it might not be patched to the latest version, and only the latest version allows the game to load bmt (material files which display textures). Machine Dojo car has all materials in mtx format, which also explains why you see their car and not ours.
Just a thought.

DinoM
22-04-2016, 06:24
this is the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MjpfCj_C7M

I have no such problem.

Anyway thanks for the mod. It has been incredibly good.

tekin
22-04-2016, 07:24
something that caught my eye: one of you with problems had game files located in "r.g.catalyst" folder (your JSGME gave you away), which looks to me like a cracked edition of the game. As such it might not be patched to the latest version, and only the latest version allows the game to load bmt (material files which display textures). Machine Dojo car has all materials in mtx format, which also explains why you see their car and not ours.
Just a thought.

I am also having this same problem see screenshot...:disgust:

on win7 x64.. 2015 Audi R8 LMS and Pagani Zonda R Evolution working fine

tried the suggested fixed in this thread no joy car appears to be transparent (drive well though)

pls help me fix it PLEASE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MjpfCj_C7M

I have no such problem.

Anyway thanks for the mod. It has been incredibly good.

hi

im running v10.0.0.0.1200 NOT CRACKED version 2015 Audi R8 LMS and Pagani Zonda R Evolution working fine

pls help

lollygag
22-04-2016, 08:02
Current version is 10.3.0.0.1220

rangerman65
22-04-2016, 08:42
KkDrummer and six75 you've both been found out now go and buy the game instead of using pirated software

tekin
22-04-2016, 10:50
Current version is 10.3.0.0.1220

Thx

will update and report

barcode
23-04-2016, 00:15
This is a brilliant car, all the way around. It is unbelievable how much fun this baby generates on the Nordschleife. Is that base setup based on the real world? It feels much more intuitive to drive for me than the Ruf...

Thanks!

JDougNy
23-04-2016, 13:51
This is a brilliant car, all the way around. It is unbelievable how much fun this baby generates on the Nordschleife. Is that base setup based on the real world? It feels much more intuitive to drive for me than the Ruf...

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. I pretty much rewrite everything in the physics that I do. It's a blend of real data and/or following real formulas, along with some live monitoring on the track for recording of Aero downforce and drag. The spring/bump/rebound rates may appear different than other setups for a similar car. That would be due to me designing the suspension motion ratio to a specific level, my target front/rear spring frequency, my selected level of critical damping and my default rebound:bump ratio.

tekin
26-04-2016, 22:04
hi

im running v10.0.0.0.1200 NOT CRACKED version 2015 Audi R8 LMS and Pagani Zonda R Evolution working fine

pls help

ok update done

now working fine

great mod

thx for helping me

Tommi-TAG
28-04-2016, 18:18
Thank you very much for your full car Mods, JDougNY and Mike.
Every car looks very beautiful. And I'm enjoying the atmosphere in the cockpit of each car. Also, the physics are very well balanced and nice to drive.
I can't imagine how much time and efforts you put in these cars. But I sincerely appreciate both of you for all your hard work.
Thanks again! :)

Mike Scott
28-04-2016, 21:03
@Tommi-TAG,
thank you for the kind words.
It does take a lot of time to prepare these mods: I started almost a year ago and been learning ever since with very patient guidance of JDougNY. This project has been most rewarding, though, as I got to manipulate the body of rgt8 in Zmodeller2 to make it look as close to 911R as possible. Then JDougNY bashed my work, and it took 5 revisions to get it to look the way it does now. Of course, he also did wonders to make the car handle as it does as well as put some finishing touches on the model.
Btw, feedback like yours makes it worthwhile sharing these projects with the community at large.
Finally, there will be an update at some point that addresses reported and unreported problems.

Tommi-TAG
29-04-2016, 00:04
@Tommi-TAG,
thank you for the kind words.
It does take a lot of time to prepare these mods: I started almost a year ago and been learning ever since with very patient guidance of JDougNY. This project has been most rewarding, though, as I got to manipulate the body of rgt8 in Zmodeller2 to make it look as close to 911R as possible. Then JDougNY bashed my work, and it took 5 revisions to get it to look the way it does now. Of course, he also did wonders to make the car handle as it does as well as put some finishing touches on the model.
Btw, feedback like yours makes it worthwhile sharing these projects with the community at large.
Finally, there will be an update at some point that addresses reported and unreported problems.
Thanks for your kind reply, Mike.
Reading your message, I really take my hat off to you for your efforts.
And I feel very special sitting behind the wheel of your cars!
Once again, I'm very grateful to you for what you've accomplished! :D

Mike Scott
03-05-2016, 10:13
In the upcoming update we are planning to introduce a few visual improvements like rescaled carbon parts of the cockpit, new all-carbon gearstick, improved 911R TV display logo, new mirrors, and 911r vents cover on the boot (unfortunately the wing will remain for now as is, i.e. non-animated rgt8 bit). A couple of happy snaps:

XenoMan
03-05-2016, 12:03
In the upcoming update we are planning to introduce a few visual improvements like rescaled carbon parts of the cockpit, new all-carbon gearstick, improved 911R TV display logo, new mirrors, and 911r vents cover on the boot (unfortunately the wing will remain for now as is, i.e. non-animated rgt8 bit). A couple of happy snaps:

Great! Can't wait :)

NemethR
04-05-2016, 14:28
This car is amazing, love the sound, and the feel of it!
This car feels so good, its so predictable, yet drifts easily, but is also easy to control, a lot fun to drive, its really amazing what you guys did with this car.
I tought I try it at Monza for a few laps, and ended up driving 35 laps, it was so fun I just could not stop.
Love, how you can drift it in the 2nd shicane, and in the Lesmos.

Porsche advertised this car as "toroughbred", and that is exactly how it feels in game!
Thank you so much for bringing this car to us.

MacPhisto
04-05-2016, 15:58
I appreciate that you guys are working on further updates after release. Thank you for all the effort.

barcode
05-05-2016, 00:00
Had a little 2 lap race at the Nordschleife with it against my buddy in the GT3RS, we were both going at it, maximum attack. Oh, the joy! You can tell how close these two are in performance, and you can really feel the weight difference and downforce difference when pushing them. We switched cars in the next round, which had even more mistakes in it. I just want to throw this thing in the next corner even harder than before......

Thought you might enjoy this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBZxOri1LBY

Mike Scott
05-05-2016, 15:36
Thanks for sharing the video: nice to know the cars are put to good use ;)

In other news: update 1.04 is out :D (see first post for details)

IJOJOI
05-05-2016, 15:47
Thanks for sharing the video: nice to know the cars are put to good use ;)

In other news: update 1.04 is out :D (see first post for details)

Thx!

XenoMan
05-05-2016, 20:24
Love that back vent cover :)

Mike Scott
14-05-2016, 18:13
Hi folks,
I've been working on the boot so that it looks just like on the real car, and I'm happy to say that it looks very promising! JDougNY took care of making it move.
Also managed to fix the flicker of bumpers (on some tracks if you follow AI cars you can observe that), and realigned the edges of the front bumper so that it fits like a glove now. Anyway, here's what will be included in the upcoming update :)

Krus Control
15-05-2016, 01:28
Just had a go with this mod and it's exceptional. I really recommend putting the Denloc D40 tires on. I think this provides the most realistic experience. I would honestly put these on every road car except the top road A. But yeah, having tons of fun with this thing.

Mike Scott
16-05-2016, 15:22
Update 1.06 is live.
Refer to first post for download links and change-log.

NemethR
29-05-2016, 15:05
Very nice, for just driving around this is my favorite car now, just love how the car feels/drives... not to mention looks :)

daohaus
22-06-2016, 23:38
This car is amazing, right down to the exhaust note. Thank you for this. Now downloading the RS

sim_driver85
12-01-2019, 17:37
Amazing high quality mod and thnx to the modders. 911 R & Cayman, both a joy to drive and drift. ;)