PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] Formula A - loss of power to the wheels during tight turns

kpxmanifesto
18-04-2016, 01:23
Well the title pretty much says it all. When driving an FA car I'll go into a corner that requires me to turn hard but during that turn i'll lose all power to the wheels. The engine will rev to the max but the car won't accelerate. Now when I straighten the wheel out the power will return. What is this and how can I change it? PS 4 controller settings are default, no driving aids on.

Ixoye56
18-04-2016, 05:18
Auto Clutch ?

hkraft300
18-04-2016, 11:05
Auto Clutch ?

Highly recommend mapping a button to auto clutch, and turning it off once you get rolling.

Sankyo
18-04-2016, 11:12
Well the title pretty much says it all. When driving an FA car I'll go into a corner that requires me to turn hard but during that turn i'll lose all power to the wheels. The engine will rev to the max but the car won't accelerate. Now when I straighten the wheel out the power will return. What is this and how can I change it? PS 4 controller settings are default, no driving aids on.

What does the telemetry HUD show when this happens? Does it show clutch being applied by the game?

kpxmanifesto
19-04-2016, 01:08
Ok I resolved the problem. It wasn't the auto clutch. What was wrong was I bound the handbrake to the L3 button on my ps4 controller. Now during hard turns I have the tendency to push left/right really hard on the left joystick. When I do that I end up pushing the joystick down(which triggers the L3 button) causing the handbrake to engage during the turn. So that explains it lol. Anyways thanks all for the help.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
19-04-2016, 09:49
Hehe, great to hear you figured it out. =)