PDA

View Full Version : your choice of classes of car?

seb02
18-04-2016, 10:12
If you had the opportunity to distribute 80 race cars in the classes, what would be your choice?
here my choice :

- 23 GT : 15 GT3 (with GTE) and 8 GT4
- 16 Endurance : 6 LMP1, 6 LMP2 and 4 LMP3
- 15 Retro : 3 Group 5, 3 Group 4, 3 Group C, 3 Group A and 3 Trans AM
- 13 Touring : 4 WTCC, 3 DTM, 3 V8 supercars and 3 TCR
- 3 Nascar
- 5 open wheel : Formula A, B , C , Gulf and Indycar
- 2 Rallycross
- 3 one make series like renault trophy megane V6, Clio 3 and RS01

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
18-04-2016, 10:15
10 Road A, 25 Road B, 25 Road C1, 15 Road C2, 5 Road D. Some wiggleroom in the numbers since it's hard to say outright what class each car would fall into before testing.

Cheesenium
18-04-2016, 15:44
For me, a wide selection of cars from various disciplines.

GT wise, GT3 is a must with more than a dozen models. GT 4 too needs a huge expansion to perhaps close to 10 cars. Along with various single cups, like Gallardo Super Trofeo or RS01. Then, a good selection of Group 5 up to 5 unique models. Historic GT3 and so on also need more cars. I think Pcars also need single make pseudo GT/ LMP like Aquila cup. Having some super GT would be nice, especially GT500.

Touring wise, this discipline needs major expansion. More group A, probably another model or two for 2013 touring cars. V8SC has potential for expansion along with the UTE race cars. Also, perhaps more on Clio cup level race cars with maybe something like fiat 500 Abarth cup. More historic touring cars too. Most important addition for touring, Pcars really need the TCR touring cars but SMS really need to acquire new licenses like Seat, Volkswagen and Honda as WTCC license might be hard to get. Probably Aussie race cars or European midgets would be a nice entry to touring cars.

LMP, I think more LMP 1 would be nice but unlikely. LMP 2 and LMP 3(under the new ACO standard) would probably need quite a few cars. Classic LMP like group 4 and group c definitely need more cars, perhaps even fictional group 4 to expand the class.

Open wheel wise, I think we do need GP2 or at least license generic Dallara version. Also, likely a 2017 fictional F1 along with the V12 era fictional F1. Also, we need new license for the historic class as essentially, what we have now are only Lotus. Also, I think Formula SAE would be a nice entry point to open wheels. Would be nice if we get 90s Indy like those CART open wheels.

Road cars wise, I think just grab whatever manufacturer can provide but we definitely need licenses like Honda, Nissan and even more Chevy cars to make each road class less euro centric. Also, I think a track day hyper car class would be nice with FXX K or P1 GTR.

If there are off-road content, I think a few category of rally cross will be great, like group B rally cross, a junior class like S1600 in dirt rally and also the current GRC or RX pro level rally cross. Also, I hope to see the dirt ovals sprint cup cars or trophy trucks.

Stock cars definitely need a massive expansion. Not just more modern stock cars but also a variety of vintage ones from 90s to 50s.

Essentially, I just hope almost every class has major improvements in terms of cars selection. No class should be left behind as Pcars strength is on multi discipline.

Diamond_Eyes
18-04-2016, 16:38
30% GT all sub-classes (current & Historic)
15% Touring (current & Historic)
20% Open wheelers (current & Historic)
15% Endurance (current & Historic)
20% Road cars all sub classes (current & Historic)

18-04-2016, 16:48
30% GT all sub-classes (current & Historic)
15% Touring (current & Historic)
20% Open wheelers (current & Historic)
15% Endurance (current & Historic)
20% Road cars all sub classes (current & Historic)Current percentages:

27% GT
12% Touring (Stockcars were counted here)
14% Open-Wheel (karts counted here because a) they are open-wheel and b) they're definitely in the traditional open-wheel path)
16% Prototype (which I asume you meant by endurance)
31% Road

So a bit overrepresented in road cars and underrepresented in open-wheelers, but other than that very close to what you were asking. Seems like they were on the right lines. =)

ELAhrairah
18-04-2016, 17:08
30% endurance GTE included (a race class that is winning populairity fast)
35% gt3 ( it all started with GT3 if you ask me )
20% openwheel F1, and a selection of a few other formulas
15% American autosport ; indy and nascar.
0% roadcars ( it should be a racing and not a driving simulator anyway)

I hope this made 100% i hate math :D

Edit: i killed the roadcars

Diamond_Eyes
18-04-2016, 17:12
ermmmmm, I hate math too but you got 105% total :rolleyes:

"Right back to school,
Look back I sift through all the cliques,
Roaming the halls all year making me sick,
While everyone's out trying to make the cut"

ELAhrairah
18-04-2016, 17:20

"Right back to school,
While everyone's out trying to make the cut"

Wel screw roadcars then :D

18-04-2016, 17:30

"Right back to school,
While everyone's out trying to make the cut"Excel did that actually, probably a rounding error. =)

EDIT: Ah, that was for EL, nevermind.

BreadedVirus
19-04-2016, 01:42
If you had the opportunity to distribute 80 race cars in the classes, what would be your choice?
here my choice :

- 23 GT : 15 GT3 (with GTE) and 8 GT4
- 16 Endurance : 6 LMP1, 6 LMP2 and 4 LMP3
- 15 Retro : 3 Group 5, 3 Group 4, 3 Group C, 3 Group A and 3 Trans AM
- 13 Touring : 4 WTCC, 3 DTM, 3 V8 supercars and 3 TCR
- 3 Nascar
- 5 open wheel : Formula A, B , C , Gulf and Indycar
- 2 Rallycross
- 3 one make series like renault trophy megane V6, Clio 3 and RS01

This is a definite winner....