PDA

View Full Version : PS4.5 Neo specs released.

TopAirspace
20-04-2016, 04:44
Original PS4 CPU - 8 Jaguar Cores at 1.6 GHz

NEO CPU - 8 Jaguar Cores at 2.1 GHz

Original PS4 GPU - AMD GCN, 18 CUs at 800 MHz

NEO GPU - Improved AMD GCN, 36 CUs at 911 MHz

Original PS4 Memory - 8 GB GDDR5, 176 GB/s

NEO Memory - 8 GB GDDR5, 218 GB/s

Well these specs are good news for Project Cars on console, and as an Xbox Player ive got to say it looks like the One is not got a hope in hell of parity,

The question is, will Mirosoft respond? You would have to think surely they would need too.. also should both current Xbox and Ps4 owner's be a little annoyed at this?

Is it a slap in the face to all current console owners, or should we look at it as a nice mid life update? They haven't released a price yet though i would expect another 500 odd dollars.

TopAirspace
20-04-2016, 04:58
Forgot to mention that older games will run in a special NEO mode that will offer higher visual fidelity and a more stable frame rate - So definitely good news for Project Cars

Invincible
20-04-2016, 05:42
Aw man! Now I will need a new PS4 (no, I won't "need" it - but I NEED it)... Bummer.

At least the PS4 Neo-Games must NOT offer specific features which cannot be used in the old PS4. Also there will be NO Neo-exclusive games - well... that's what they say now. We'll see if it stays like this.

pavano
20-04-2016, 06:53
Upgrading for many will probably depend on whether games like project cars will offer a patch

Konan
20-04-2016, 07:36
Aw man! Now I will need a new PS4 (no, I won't "need" it - but I NEED it)... Bummer.

At least the PS4 Neo-Games must NOT offer specific features which cannot be used in the old PS4. Also there will be NO Neo-exclusive games - well... that's what they say now. We'll see if it stays like this.

I'm with you on this...I NEED it too...I'll probably wait for a while until i've read some reviews though...

wesker6664
20-04-2016, 08:11
Let's hope they'll work on the cooling system, mine is awfully noisy :mad:

Invincible
20-04-2016, 08:16
Let's hope they'll work on the cooling system, mine is awfully noisy :mad:

Have you cleaned the dust out of your PS4? Because mine isn't noisy. You can hear it only if you are directly in front of the TV.
But I think Sony will need to improve the cooling anyway because a higher clock creates higher temperatures too.

iv-tecman
20-04-2016, 08:17
Upgrading for many will probably depend on whether games like project cars will offer a patch

100% this for a game like Project Cars - hopefully SMS have a dev kit and they just send out a patch to take advantage of the extra power - as lets face it, the game needs all the help it can get with fps in certain tracks and conditions. Project Cars is one heck of a GT /open wheel race game, but the performance at times leaves you thinking - wow that gave me a headache.

upon saying this, I'll buy the new console, as mine is a launch machine and I don't mind forking out for a new console 3 years after my last console purchase.. Bit of a bummer for those that just purchased a PS4 mind.

Invincible
20-04-2016, 08:19
100% this for a game like Project Cars - hopefully SMS have a dev kit and they just send out a patch to take advantage of the extra power - as lets face it, the game needs all the help it can get with fps in certain tracks and conditions. Project Cars is one heck of a GT /open wheel race game, but the performance at times leaves you thinking - wow that gave me a headache.

upon saying this, I'll buy the new console, as mine is a launch machine and I don't mind forking out for a new console 3 years after my last console purchase.. Bit of a bummer for those that just purchased a PS4 mind.

Why would it need a patch then? When there is more power to be had, then Pcars will use it and you will get 60 FPS in situations where the current PS4 drops off.
When I upgrade my CPU / GPU on my PC, I don't need a patch to have a game run smoother at the same graphical settings.
And if the patch where to improve the graphical quality, you might end up in the same place performance wise as you are with the current model. Only looking a bit prettier.

cluck
20-04-2016, 08:39
A small but important question. Are these details confirmed as fact or are these still 'rumours'?

Tomcul
20-04-2016, 08:40
It's good that they are making it more powerful but really it's a kick in the teeth to all the people that bought original ps4 as an 8 year machine.. They could have included the extra power from day one and charged a bit extra..
There's no doubt I'll buy one on launch day more power=better!
But 400 for ps4 and then 400 for ps4.5 along with however much vr will cost, we're running into the price of a pretty decent gaming PC..

John Hargreaves
20-04-2016, 08:46
Bodes quite well for pCars 2 if this turns out to be accurate, might give SMS a bit of headroom to do a few more tricks.

wesker6664
20-04-2016, 08:55
Have you cleaned the dust out of your PS4? Because mine isn't noisy. You can hear it only if you are directly in front of the TV.
But I think Sony will need to improve the cooling anyway because a higher clock creates higher temperatures too.
Unfortunately it's been noisy right from the start, as was my first PS3. My friends told me that their PS4 don't make so much noise, i guess i'm really unlucky...

Anyway i'll grab a PS4 Neo as soon as it comes, hoping for a 60fps patch for Dark Souls 3 :D

Konan
20-04-2016, 08:58
Unfortunately it's been noisy right from the start, as was my first PS3. My friends told me that their PS4 don't make so much noise, i guess i'm really unlucky...

Anyway i'll grab a PS4 Neo as soon as it comes, hoping for a 60fps patch for Dark Souls 3 :D

The fan noise could be related to ventilation issues...be sure to put it in an open space where it can get rid off the hot air easily...

Bealdor
20-04-2016, 09:02
A small but important question. Are these details confirmed as fact or are these still 'rumours'?

It's all just rumours atm.

TopAirspace
20-04-2016, 09:02

Seemingly official Specs, announced through IGN

Invincible
20-04-2016, 09:03

These seem to be confirmed. According to serveral sites like eurogamer http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-sonys-plan-for-playstation-4k-neo-revealed the DEV-kits are on their way. Who knows, maybe even SMS gets a shipment these days.

TopAirspace
20-04-2016, 09:08
Why would it need a patch then? When there is more power to be had, then Pcars will use it and you will get 60 FPS in situations where the current PS4 drops off.
When I upgrade my CPU / GPU on my PC, I don't need a patch to have a game run smoother at the same graphical settings.
And if the patch where to improve the graphical quality, you might end up in the same place performance wise as you are with the current model. Only looking a bit prettier.

This would be my line of thought too? Atleast as project cars is concerned anyway as the game seems to use every drop of processing power that is on hand.
An exampe being the difference in performance between running a 20 car grid and a 44 car grid.

iv-tecman
20-04-2016, 09:25

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=200362192

It was mentioned (and ok its all rumour) but to use the additional power then games would need patching. Sometimes even PC games need better GFX profiles etc to take advantage of power increases. Drivers for AMD are often released to ensure games run smoother etc..

Its not just a case of throwing extra power at these games, so project cars might run just as poorly on the newer higher spec PS4 then the current model. Hence why I said - maybe it needs a patch. Still, until the newer hardware is out there, who knows.

wesker6664
20-04-2016, 09:36
It's all just rumours atm.
I think the source is trustable, the specs are very plausible, release date corresponding to the Playstation VR, no BDXL player to keep the price low,... i'd say i's 99% true, let's hope for some leaks during the DevCon in may :)

cluck
20-04-2016, 09:46
I think the source is trustable, the specs are very plausible, release date corresponding to the Playstation VR, no BDXL player to keep the price low,... i'd say i's 99% true, let's hope for some leaks during the DevCon in may :)But just to be clear, it is still a rumour, albeit one that is appears to be based on very reliable information? This is at the heart of the question I was asking. Just because a number of news sites have run the same story, doesn't make it automatically fact ;). That said, the information does look plausible and, if true, it is indeed a very healthy step up in performance :).

I know it might seem pedantic, but until it is confirmed by Sony, it is all hearsay and conjecture, regardless of the trustworthiness of the sources :).

Racer Pro
20-04-2016, 10:53
thanks sony now i sell my ps4 and i buy a pc.

Invincible
20-04-2016, 11:01
thanks sony now i sell my ps4 and i buy a pc.

On PC your hardware is obsolete and outdated even faster. A new generation of GPU's pops up every two years. Also no one requires you to buy a new PS4.

cluck
20-04-2016, 11:23
thanks sony now i sell my ps4 and i buy a pc.Would you sell your existing car and buy a bicycle when the car manufacturer releases an upgraded version of the car you own? I really don't understand this mentality :confused:

TopAirspace
20-04-2016, 11:25
On PC your hardware is obsolete and outdated even faster. A new generation of GPU's pops up every two years. Also no one requires you to buy a new PS4.

Yeah very true, even a modest pc gamer would likely spend more than $500 every two years on upgrades,
$500 every two years equates to only $2,000 every 8 years...

I'm happy to be spending $400 odd dollars for a mid life update, though i would want to see some significant gains, thats all

konnos
20-04-2016, 11:34
While the spending is a little more on PC as far as hardware goes, so is the quality of life and things you can do with your PC. The only reason for me to get a console is to bring it to the living room and not take up too much space. My 2.5 year old PC runs full grids with 45+fps and is also an AMD GPU which are not favoured in this game. It's all about initial cost I think. People are daunted by the high initial price tag.

iv-tecman
20-04-2016, 11:45
Would you sell your existing car and buy a bicycle when the car manufacturer releases an upgraded version of the car you own? I really don't understand this mentality :confused:

Agreed. Some really do like to go all hyperbole - its just a newer version for a bit of tech that is now 3 years old. Mobile phones update much quicker, PC GFX at one time updated every three months it seemed back in the late 90's.

PC gaming is very expensive if you want the cutting edge, even mid range PC specs need updating every three years if you want to keep playing the latest games..

I can see the devs being more unhappy with this then consumers, as it means they have to test their game on two different PS4 models meaning more costs in testing and optimization.

BigDad
20-04-2016, 13:04
Hopefully they will give a decent trade in on the older ps4 .
If ps4 neo is true it can only be a good thing fo psvr and console gaming in general .
I'll still get it day one and give my ps4 to my kids to upgrade their ps3 .

Diamond_Eyes
20-04-2016, 15:54
PS4K/PS4.5/PS4 "NEO" whatever is IMO to better support the upcoming Sony VR headset

TheDoctor46
20-04-2016, 15:55
There goes the next benefit for console gaming... a service free platform that provide vanilla gameplay w/o bothering about technical details whatsoever AND w/o a split of your userbase. Looks like developers arent happy as well: https://twitter.com/notaxation/status/722487768291479554

This all to me sounds like they're hitting optimization boundries (software/hardware) for PSVR ...but instead of further optimizing the PSVR they decided to upgrade the PS4... and next year's claim for PSVR will be 'runs best on PS Neo' :p

GrimeyDog
20-04-2016, 16:09
Sounds like a Hoax to Me...It will serve No benefit...Games will have to be Made for 2 different PS4 systems otherwise this New system will have No benefit not to Mention the online problems it will cause when 1 system can process faster than the other... Now if the alledgedly New PS4.5 is 4k Ready then it almost makes sense but Gaming will be the same just 1 has Higher resolution than the other si that should Not affect online game play.

konnos
20-04-2016, 16:27
There goes the next benefit for console gaming... a service free platform that provide vanilla gameplay w/o bothering about technical details whatsoever AND w/o a split of your userbase. Looks like developers arent happy as well: https://twitter.com/notaxation/status/722487768291479554

This all to me sounds like they're hitting optimization boundries (software/hardware) for PSVR ...but instead of further optimizing the PSVR they decided to upgrade the PS4... and next year's claim for PSVR will be 'runs best on PS Neo' :p

To be honest, there is only as far as optimising can get you. It just lacks the sheer power to accomodate the titles to come in the next 2 years of VR, when it will probably retire and the new-gen will be coming out. It's a good move from Sony, but it is going to be expensive and there should be a trade in option for people that already have a PS4, like 150-180euros if you trade in your old one for the NEO.

wyldanimal
20-04-2016, 17:19
Just the way the times are..

MicroSoft XBOX one is also Getting an Updated New Version.
in Fact the Specs of the New X-Box are very Similar to the Specs of the PS4.5 4K

So the Industry has set the Next Level of Performance, and both Leaders are releasing new hardware, that will still be Backward Compatible with Existing
Games.

Even New Games won't be Allowed to Be Exclusive to the New Hardware..
New games must also have a tuned down version for the Current Platforms.

So it's a Win Win on both ends...

Keep your existing PS4 and you can still play all the new releases..
or Buy the Latest's and Best, you get to see better graphics, better effects.. But game play will be the same...

TheDoctor46
20-04-2016, 17:30
^do you have a quote regarding the XBOX? Because the last thing I heard was Phil Spencer saying there wont be an upgrade for XB1. :confused: If thats what you get from the lifespan of one console generation, I'm done w/ consoles. All AAA titles released were very underwhelming, had more fun playing indie games and those dont need a more performant platform anyway.

wyldanimal
20-04-2016, 17:30
Trade in Smade in...
Why does everyone Always feel they are Entitled.

I paid $400 bucks 2 years ago.. I should get a Trade in!

Sell it on E-bay! that's your trade in...

No Hardware vendor, None, Ever has had a non-Obsolete clause, that would allow you keep trading up to the Next Best thing..
So why do you think you're entitled to one Now?

Hardware becomes Obsolete. You Keep the Old, or you Sell it and buy the New..

( maybe you should Look at Renting from RAC or Aarons )

Pay a weekly Fee, and when the New one comes out, you take it back and get the New one..
or you can rent to Own it...

aarons:
*Total Monthly Payment: $89.99 /month (plus tax) • Total Cost of Ownership: $89.99 x 12 Months = $1,079.88 (plus tax)

RAC
$29.99 per week* Number of payments: 52 | Total price: $1559.48

Yes, that is the Price of Non-Obsolescence
$1,079.88 or 89.99 per month!
or
$1559.48 $29.99 per week!
Now that's a Bargain!

TheDoctor46
20-04-2016, 17:37
Dunno who you're talking to, because Im not talking about costs :rolleyes:

Konan
20-04-2016, 19:38
Dunno who you're talking to, because Im not talking about costs :rolleyes:

Post #28...

Redslayer
20-04-2016, 21:38
Looks like my Next console won't be a Sony one, if I even bother with another console. This is a complete slap in the face to the entire current PS player base. If people wanted to have to upgrade every few years, they'd be playing on PC.

Hopefully the Next Xbox is better than how the Xbox one turned out, so I can just get my console only friends to switch to that next gen.

morpwr
20-04-2016, 21:44
I don't really see a problem with it. If you want the latest greatest then buy it if not keep the ps4. Either way all the games will still be compatible. From what I read all games starting in October will have to work on either platform. So if you want the best resolution 4k and frame rates youll want a ps4.5 or whatever they call it. Its still way cheaper than a pc and nobody bats an eye at buying a phone every year or two.

Redslayer
20-04-2016, 22:07
^do you have a quote regarding the XBOX? Because the last thing I heard was Phil Spencer saying there wont be an upgrade for XB1. :confused: If thats what you get from the lifespan of one console generation, I'm done w/ consoles. All AAA titles released were very underwhelming, had more fun playing indie games and those dont need a more performant platform anyway.

I believe he's spewing nonsense, because you're correct, that is what Phil Spencer said.

Redslayer
20-04-2016, 22:08
I don't really see a problem with it. If you want the latest greatest then buy it if not keep the ps4. Either way all the games will still be compatible. From what I read all games starting in October will have to work on either platform. So if you want the best resolution 4k and frame rates youll want a ps4.5 or whatever they call it. Its still way cheaper than a pc and nobody bats an eye at buying a phone every year or two.

The problem is consoles only advantages over PC has been the fact that you don't have to worry about upgrades every few years, and devs knew exactly what they were working with so optimization was easy. This literally eliminates both with one stone.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bioware-founder-on-ps4xbox-one-upgrades-itd-be-a-g/1100-6438664/

morpwr
20-04-2016, 22:41
The problem is consoles only advantages over PC has been the fact that you don't have to worry about upgrades every few years, and devs knew exactly what they were working with so optimization was easy. This literally eliminates both with one stone.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bioware-founder-on-ps4xbox-one-upgrades-itd-be-a-g/1100-6438664/

It still is an advantage. The problem is right now technology has taken a big leap and sony wants to keep up so consoles don't get left behind. The improvements in the ps4 should allow developers an easier time going from pc to the ps4 because they wont need to downgrade to console as much. Vr is coming and same there to get the most out of it they needed to do something so pcs don't have a huge advantage. Lets face it our games have gotten a lot better in a short time and we still want more from them unfortunately our consoles are maxed out and need an upgrade to keep up. I'm all for it. Do I need a ps4.5 no will I buy one for better graphics and 4k hell ya!

TopAirspace
21-04-2016, 00:19
Well I've not owned a Playstation since Ps2, but the direction sony are taking is looking very appealing..

If Microsoft aren't to relese an updated console then what is to happen to them in terms of parity? It's not exactly news to anyone that even as things currently stand the Xbox has been fighting to keep up..

Playstation have a much better toy in the way, are offering the possibility of playing games like Project Cars in VR, potential 4k resolutions etc.. all Microsoft seem interested in is creating tacky holograms allowing you to play Minecraft on your coffee table.....

I think Microsoft have to do something, maybe they have some big anouncments for E3 this year. If they aren't launching a new console then is cloud the answer? Hmm

I'm sinking fellas, and I'm sinking in a bloody Ps4 thread :ambivalence:

BigDad
21-04-2016, 07:00
Trade in Smade in...
Why does everyone Always feel they are Entitled.

I paid $400 bucks 2 years ago.. I should get a Trade in!

Sell it on E-bay! that's your trade in...

No Hardware vendor, None, Ever has had a non-Obsolete clause, that would allow you keep trading up to the Next Best thing..
So why do you think you're entitled to one Now?

Hardware becomes Obsolete. You Keep the Old, or you Sell it and buy the New..

( maybe you should Look at Renting from RAC or Aarons )

Pay a weekly Fee, and when the New one comes out, you take it back and get the New one..
or you can rent to Own it...

aarons:
*Total Monthly Payment: $89.99 /month (plus tax) • Total Cost of Ownership: $89.99 x 12 Months = $1,079.88 (plus tax)

RAC
$29.99 per week* Number of payments: 52 | Total price: $1559.48

Yes, that is the Price of Non-Obsolescence
$1,079.88 or 89.99 per month!
or
$1559.48 $29.99 per week!
Now that's a Bargain!
How is getting a trade in entitled ?
When you upgrade your car you can sell it privately or you can go to a car yard and trade it in.
So when the Neo comes out i can take it to my local " game trader " and get a trade in and hopefully it will be a fair trade in to lessen my out of pocket expense .
Doesn't sound entitled !
Why when someone make a post on a forum someone else comes up with a holier-than-thou response ?

Invincible
21-04-2016, 07:11
How is getting a trade in entitled ?
When you upgrade your car you can sell it privately or you can go to a car yard and trade it in.
So when the Neo comes out i can take it to my local " game trader " and get a trade in and hopefully it will be a fair trade in to lessen my out of pocket expense .
Doesn't sound entitled !
Why when someone make a post on a forum someone else comes up with a holier-than-thou response ?

When you're saying that you hope a retailer offers a trade in, it's not entitled. But in your previous post it sounded like you meant that Sony itself should (read: demand they have to!) offer a trade in. And that sounds entitled to me.

Just don't ask at gamestop for a trade in. They'll offer you like 20 bucks for your PS4 :p

BigDad
21-04-2016, 07:19
Fair enough but someone telling me to go rent a console . ggf.
Demand ?? I said "hopefully" they will give a decent trade in.
And who know Sony might offer something ?
My local EB will still offer $200=)

Invincible
21-04-2016, 07:28
Fair enough but someone telling me to go rent a console . ggf.
Demand ?? I said "hopefully" they will give a decent trade in.
And who know Sony might offer something ?
My local E will still offer $200=)

I can't speak for wyldanimal, but to me the rental "advice" sounded a bit ironical, as it would be a complete waste of money.

And if you're getting a 200 $ trade in, that sounds fine to me. Depends on the price of the PS4 Neo. I will probably sell my old PS4 on eBay as soon as I got the newer version. But even that will have to wait until three to four months after release, when the prices have settled down a bit.

BigDad
21-04-2016, 07:32
I can't speak for wyldanimal, but to me the rental "advice" sounded a bit ironical, as it would be a complete waste of money.

And if you're getting a 200 $ trade in, that sounds fine to me. Depends on the price of the PS4 Neo. I will probably sell my old PS4 on eBay as soon as I got the newer version. But even that will have to wait until three to four months after release, when the prices have settled down a bit.
I thought he sounded that not just the advice .lol
Neo will be day one for me regardless and as i said my ps4 will go to my kids anyway .

wesker6664
21-04-2016, 07:48
This is a complete slap in the face to the entire current PS player base
I don't understand that ? No one is forcing you to buy a new PS4, it's been said from the beginning that the regular PS4 will continue to be sold and supported. With a 40 millions user base it'll probably be the main target for developpers.

I see in your signature that you have a CSR, but Fanatec then provided a CSW V1, then V2 ; i don't think we can say it's a slap in the face of CSR owners right ? More options are better, and IMO the technology is moving too fast for a 7/8 year life cycle.

Konan
21-04-2016, 10:06
I don't understand that ? No one is forcing you to buy a new PS4, it's been said from the beginning that the regular PS4 will continue to be sold and supported. With a 40 millions user base it'll probably be the main target for developpers.

I see in your signature that you have a CSR, but Fanatec then provided a CSW V1, then V2 ; i don't think we can say it's a slap in the face of CSR owners right ? More options are better, and IMO the technology is moving too fast for a 7/8 year life cycle.

Agreed...but there are also guys like me who get very twitchy when something better comes out...explaining to the wife that it's just an upgraded version might prove very difficult to get away with in my case...:cool:

Invincible
21-04-2016, 10:11
Agreed...but there are also guys like me who get very twitchy when something better comes out...explaining to the wife that it's just an upgraded version might prove very difficult in my case...:cool:

For me it was like:
Me to GF: a new Ps4 incoming
Gf: when and how much?
Me: dunno, but it's faster than the old one.
Gf: doesn't matter then. I'll get one eventually.
Me: why?
Gf: because of reasons.

KkDrummer
21-04-2016, 10:50
If streaming does not come in next 4-5 years, I think Sony is planning to release a new console every 3 years so they can keep their consoles competitive with PC gaming. Sony would be silly to ignore the changes MS is making and moving towards PC gaming and PC gaming itself getting cheaper. A 7 year console cannot compete with a mid tier gaming PC.

Maybe MS will put out an upgradable console that runs Windows 10, so instead of buy a new console you would be buying parts. Basically a PC with no restrictions to developers like Sony will do with their 4.5 console. An Xbox upgradable console would allow for changing performance settings like a PC, so you don't have to upgrade as you can tweak with your system yourself....will see it in the coming months....the only thing I know is that MS were announcing an Xbox 1.5 and not Sony, all hell would be breaking loose by now lol.

Bell-ian
23-04-2016, 07:36
Ps4 neo dose not exist nothing been said by Sony

Konan
23-04-2016, 07:41
Ps4 neo dose not exist nothing been said by Sony

Nice likeness to the real one....:rolleyes:

TopAirspace
23-04-2016, 11:22
Nice likeness to the real one....:rolleyes:

I think he was Tying to spell END :p

MutantOctane
23-04-2016, 12:48
Looks like I need to make the jump to PC gaming. Always preferred console - one purchase lasting several years, all games optimized to the same end point specs. But if the consoles are going to enter an arms race of regular upgrades, I might as well as be a PC gamer (and benefit from 3rd party add-ons).

konnos
23-04-2016, 13:39
Don't be so quick to jump, this might just be a one time thing because of the timing. Basically, the specs on release were lower than they should have been. Moreover, the sudden rise of VR demand means that consoles will struggle with proper VR games (not those silly show-cases that exist now) and so they decided that it would be best to upgrade a little. Just wait it out and see how it pans out.

FS7
23-04-2016, 21:53
First Morpheus, now Neo... when is Trinity going to be available?

xtro
02-05-2016, 23:30
I cant wait to buy this thing... Im tired of the average graphics on my ps4. Since consoles are now similar in architectures to pc just Keep the same peripherals and ecosystem same os for a long time but upgrade the hardware at a faster pace. Every 2 or 3 years... 4.5 5 5.5 etc until streaming is possible and all the 3d hardware companies go out of business. They can also as easily release games that says "required ps4.5 or above". Who cares people will upgrade eventually. Same as pc gaming but its still cheaper and keeping simplicity of use. Forcing devs to support 1 version below is ok i guess

Jescott71
04-05-2016, 19:14
I've brought and owned every Playstation console that's been released so far, loved every one of them, but I absolutely will not be buying this one. If we're going to start having Playstation's with decimal points and different specs for different systems, I'm not interested. The main reason I play games on consoles is because everything is the same and equal in terms of performance, you pay a one-time price for 4 to 5 years of use. I'll spend more and buy a gaming PC and regularly upgrade that if this is to be the new model for how consoles will be released.