PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Oculus Home Key

Razep
20-04-2016, 18:19
Hello!

I have bought Project Cars in Steam. Proof you could see below in screenshot. Could you sent me key for Oculus Home key?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9I60CNQm9ctSXQtaDV6bUU2Sjg

AbeWoz
20-04-2016, 18:22
you shouldn't need one since the steam version is VR compatible AFAIK

TheDoctor46
20-04-2016, 18:25
you shouldn't need one since the steam version is VR compatible AFAIK
Plus OH version is using different servers for multiplayer, so you'll only be able to race against other guys playing w/ the OH version in multiplayer (which are very few compared to the steam version)

cluck
20-04-2016, 20:08
SMS are looking at giving Oculus Store keys to people who have purchased the full Project CARS content, including all available DLC. However, at present the Steam version does not have the additional content that is due to be released on the 6th of May, to coincide with the release of the Game of The Year edition. Because the Oculus Store version is equivalent to the Game of the Year edition, I suspect SMS will not be providing these keys until after the 6th of May. The exact details of how to get those keys are not known at this present time so the best thing to do is check back on the forum again after the 6th of May.

And yes, as others have already replied :-

1. The Steam version is now compatible with the Oculus Runtime 1.3, so there is technically no need to have the Oculus Store version
and
2. The Oculus Store version runs a separate multiplayer system, so only Oculus Store players will be able to play each other online. It is, sadly, not possible to mix the two multiplayer systems.

This is just my personal non-moderator take on things, not an official SMS response :)

Thug
21-04-2016, 11:54
SMS are looking at giving Oculus Store keys to people who have purchased the full Project CARS content, including all available DLC. However, at present the Steam version does not have the additional content that is due to be released on the 6th of May, to coincide with the release of the Game of The Year edition. Because the Oculus Store version is equivalent to the Game of the Year edition, I suspect SMS will not be providing these keys until after the 6th of May. The exact details of how to get those keys are not known at this present time so the best thing to do is check back on the forum again after the 6th of May.

And yes, as others have already replied :-

1. The Steam version is now compatible with the Oculus Runtime 1.3, so there is technically no need to have the Oculus Store version
and
2. The Oculus Store version runs a separate multiplayer system, so only Oculus Store players will be able to play each other online. It is, sadly, not possible to mix the two multiplayer systems.

This is just my personal non-moderator take on things, not an official SMS response :)

The official reply is 'it is NOT possible to join Steam MP games if you have the OH version'.

Here is the email I received when I queried about the OH version of Pcars I bought...

Hello Thug,

Thanks for reaching out to Oculus Support.

Unfortunately, titles on Oculus Home do not communicate with titles on Steam.

If you'd like a refund due to your inability to play with your friends, please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Talk to you soon, thanks!

Constantine
Oculus Support

Razep
27-04-2016, 16:02
But if I buy this game in Steam? What official answer of PC developers?
Should I buy all DLC to get Oculus Home key?

Bealdor
27-04-2016, 16:05
But if I buy this game in Steam? What official answer of PC developers?
Should I buy all DLC to get Oculus Home key?

Either that or you buy the GOTY Edition that's coming May 6th. But that's not finalised atm.
But why would you want an OH key if you got the Steam version already?

cluck
27-04-2016, 16:17
@Bealdor - the only reason I can think of, for wanting the Oculus version, is to be able to play the game from the Oculus Store, rather than having to launch it from Steam. I know that sounds like "Captain Cluck of the HMS Bleeding Obvious" but if you are new to PC gaming then having multiple shop-fronts to play your games can be a little awkward (Steam, Origin, UPlay, Oculus Store etc) so it could be that this is why some people are requesting it. However, given the current main disadvantage of the Oculus Store version (ie, the multiplayer is separate from the Steam version, so only other Oculus Store owners can join each other's MP sessions), if you have the Steam version I would stick with it :).

Thug
28-04-2016, 08:02
Agree, stick with Steam.

lukwtwz
15-05-2016, 16:12
I just bought the Game of the Year Edition on Steam (on sale) because I read somewhere that the developers would give a key for Oculus Home if folks bought all DLC on Steam once the full GOTY version was released. According to the emailed Steam receipt, I now have the full GOTY Edition even though Steam gave a $29 discount for the old Steam version purchased last year and charged just $27 total for all GOTY DLC.

Obviously, playing on Steam will generally be preferable, but having the Oculus Home key that was promised would also be good for ATW (Asynchronous Time Warp) and for a fall-back when Steam is occasionally broken, and vice versa.

After searching both this forum and the Oculus forums, I still don't know where to send the email requesting the Oculus Home key.

crowtrobot
15-05-2016, 17:14
I just bought the Game of the Year Edition on Steam (on sale) because I read somewhere that the developers would give a key for Oculus Home if folks bought all DLC on Steam once the full GOTY version was released. According to the emailed Steam receipt, I now have the full GOTY Edition even though Steam gave a $29 discount for the old Steam version purchased last year and charged just $27 total for all GOTY DLC.

Obviously, playing on Steam will generally be preferable, but having the Oculus Home key that was promised would also be good for ATW (Asynchronous Time Warp) and for a fall-back when Steam is occasionally broken, and vice versa.

After searching both this forum and the Oculus forums, I still don't know where to send the email requesting the Oculus Home key.
ATW is working in the steam version.

lukwtwz
15-05-2016, 17:59
Thanks for the input. It's good to know ATW is working in the steam version, but as I said above, it will be not useless to have the promised Oculus Home key, now that I've bought Projects Cars Game of the Year version, for times when Steam version and/or Steam server is buggy or undergoing maintenance. I'll wait for an official statement from the developers and consider the question asked in this thread unanswered (why is it marked 'ANSWERED'?) until it's answered. Questions of why someone might want to play on one platform or other are interesting but tangential to the thread topic.