PDA

View Full Version : Tire pressure issues after pit stop

Rambo_Commando
20-04-2016, 18:45
This was never an issue until a couple days ago. During practice I set my tire pressure to achieve optimum temps. I then use the same pressure to create a pit strategy. At the start of the race everything is fine and car handles great. I enter the pits with the telemetry HUD on. Tires get changed and the correct pressure shows on the HUD. The car auto drives down the pit lane. Once the car gets handed back to the player the pressure now shows much higher. What was 1.25 now shows as 1.61. Does anyone have a work around for this?

TexasTyme214
20-04-2016, 18:50
This was never an issue until a couple days ago. During practice I set my tire pressure to achieve optimum temps. I then use the same pressure to create a pit strategy. At the start of the race everything is fine and car handles great. I enter the pits with the telemetry HUD on. Tires get changed and the correct pressure shows on the HUD. The car auto drives down the pit lane. Once the car gets handed back to the player the pressure now shows much higher. What was 1.25 now shows as 1.61. Does anyone have a work around for this?

I think it's supposed to be this way if the car you're driving doesn't come with tire warmers in practice/qualifying. The pit strategy is setting a cold pressure then is recalculated to a new pressure associated with the tire temperature you exited the pits with.

Mahjik
20-04-2016, 18:53
You need to make sure your pit strategy has the tire pressures set even if you aren't changing tires (i.e. this allows you to make tire pressure adjustments during a stop without changing tires).

Rambo_Commando
20-04-2016, 19:11
You need to make sure your pit strategy has the tire pressures set even if you aren't changing tires (i.e. this allows you to make tire pressure adjustments during a stop without changing tires).

I do. I set my tire pressure in the set up screen and I set the same pressure in the pit strategy screen. I play with tire wear set to x7. So when I pit I actually need to change tires. After the pit stop, when the car is driving down the pit lane, the telemetry screen shows the correct pressure from my strategy, but once the car gets handed back to me the pressure immediately jumps.

Rambo_Commando
20-04-2016, 19:14
I think it's supposed to be this way if the car you're driving doesn't come with tire warmers in practice/qualifying. The pit strategy is setting a cold pressure then is recalculated to a new pressure associated with the tire temperature you exited the pits with.

But then why does the car feel so much different prior to the pit stop?

Schnizz58
20-04-2016, 19:26
I do. I set my tire pressure in the set up screen and I set the same pressure in the pit strategy screen. I play with tire wear set to x7. So when I pit I actually need to change tires. After the pit stop, when the car is driving down the pit lane, the telemetry screen shows the correct pressure from my strategy, but once the car gets handed back to me the pressure immediately jumps.

Mahjik or somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but I think that for classes that use tire warmers, the tire pressures in the setup are cold pressures. So the warmed pressures will be higher. Why it's handling differently, I don't know.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
20-04-2016, 19:39
Mahjik or somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but I think that for classes that use tire warmers, the tire pressures in the setup are cold pressures. So the warmed pressures will be higher. Why it's handling differently, I don't know.Doesn't seem to be that way in my experience, with GT3 (and other tyre warmer classes) the setup pressures are hot pressures.

Mahjik
20-04-2016, 19:44
Mahjik or somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but I think that for classes that use tire warmers, the tire pressures in the setup are cold pressures. So the warmed pressures will be higher. Why it's handling differently, I don't know.

What I've experienced is what Jussi mentioned. I will say that I haven't done a pitstop for a car that doesn't use tire warmers so I'm not sure right now how those react.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
20-04-2016, 20:03
What I've experienced is what Jussi mentioned. I will say that I haven't done a pitstop for a car that doesn't use tire warmers so I'm not sure right now how those react.I've been doing a racing series with a friend using Road cars, which don't have tyre warmers for practice (maybe qualifying too? escapes me at the moment) but do have them for races for some reason, and the pressures seem to be higher than the setup pressure, meaning they're calculating the warm up effect.

Schnizz58
20-04-2016, 20:04
Thanks, I had it backwards in my head. That can happen....

Rambo_Commando
21-04-2016, 02:56
I've been doing a racing series with a friend using Road cars, which don't have tyre warmers for practice (maybe qualifying too? escapes me at the moment) but do have them for races for some reason, and the pressures seem to be higher than the setup pressure, meaning they're calculating the warm up effect.

I think this is what's happening to me in the Formula rookie. This car doesn't have tire warmers in practice and qualifying but starts the race with warm tires. @Jussi, do you have any suggestions for a work around? Maybe setting the pressures lower for pit strategy.

Also what tires do the formula rookie tire use. Are they modelled after the Avon tires in real life? If it is, then the max recommended hot pressure is 1.44 bar, but I'm rejoining the race after changing tires with 1.61 bar.

Is really strange that I've never had this issue in the past 5 seasons of formula rookie. Then all of a sudden I start the FR Euro trophy and now I'm driving like a bat outta hell after pitting.