PDA

View Full Version : [HowTo] Register Vehicle Mods

Elmo
22-04-2016, 16:25
Since Patch 10.2 we support an easy way to include vehicle related mods. There is now no need to unpack any boot pakfiles or use any tools to run the mods.

Three types of mods are currently supported:

Full vehicle mods
Custom liveries (more than one per vehicle)
Tyre Mods

The vehicle and livery mods are registered with the game via a mods.txt file (example below). Tyre mods are via a tiremod.rg file. Both of these are placed in the game data root folder (same location as the exe)

Note: These instructions are how to register community created mods with the game, not how to create the mods themselves. See existing mods for examples.

Vehicle Mods
Vehicles mods are registered via mods.txt by adding the crd entry along with sub entries to set the tyres and hud to use by the vehicle.

To add a vehicle the format is:

(path to vehicle crd file)
:tyres: (list of tyres that the vehicle can use)
:hud: (vehicle name) } Only add one of :hud: or :hudmotec:
:hudmotec: (vehicle name) }
On loading the game will search for the vehicle mod CRD file and add it to the vehicle list, when the vehicle is selected it will attempt to load it. We have added overrides in code to allow loose loading of the following types when loading a vehicle mod:

*VEHNAME*.cdfbin
*VEHNAME*.edfbin
*VEHNAME*.gdfbin
*VEHNAME*.sdfbin
*VEHNAME*.hdtbin
Collision/*VEHNAME*.xml
Collision/*VEHNAME*.joi.xml
Collision/*VEHNAME*.sys.xml
statistics/*VEHNAME*.mrdf
vehicles/*VEHNAME*.vdfm
*VEHNAME*.csd
*VEHNAME*.cpt
*VEHNAME*.cgp
*VEHNAME*.cdv
*VEHNAME*.cdp
*VEHNAME*.vhf
*VEHNAME*_cockpit.vhf
*VEHNAME*.rcf
*VEHNAME*_hr.rcf

Multiple vehicle mods can be registered via mods.txt, see the attached file for examples

Custom Liveries
This refers to adding custom liveries to non-mod vehicles.

Place the modified RCF in the data folder and then register it with mods.txt. That RCF will now be loaded instead of the default one in the game data. Note some vehicles look for a HR RCF file first, so that file will have to be modified and registered instead.

As an example the following lines can be added to mods.txt to override both of the livery RCF files for the Formula A

Vehicles\formula_a\formula_a.rcf
Vehicles\formula_a\formula_a_HR.rcf

New tires
To add new tires, simply add the tiremod.rg in your root folder: 232076 (rename to "tiremod.rg")
The file itself can have any new treads, carcasses, heat models, and tires. Any tire with the same name as an existing tire will be ignored. Any RECORD with the same name as an existing RECORD will be ignored.

More examples:
For an example you can look at this test implementation (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34577-Machine-Dojo-Modding-Team-Projects-Discussion&p=1264780&viewfull=1#post1264780) and MDMTs R8 Mod (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44774-2015-Audi-R8-LMS-(MDMT-MOD)-Release-Thread)

Mods.txt:

licorne06
22-04-2016, 16:46
Thank you to you for this information. I kept track of Florence there is a way to put it?

RomKnight
22-04-2016, 16:59
IIRC tracks are possible but takes a lot of work as it is. SMS can add support to them though but not yet in (if it ever comes)

Alex Hobbs
22-04-2016, 18:28
Would you mind clarifying how the addition of tire files works? I stuck a tire.rg with new tires into the root folder that addressed a tire to the P1 GTR we're working on. It didn't work, so I thought I'd address the car to the tire in the mods.txt as well. Still nothing. I figured maybe there's a conflict with tire.rg being the filename, so I changed it, still nothing. As a last straw I put the filename into the mods.txt to try and get it to load that way, but still no dice. Are there any other criteria to get it working? :)

FWIW I also tried putting it in vehicles/physics/tires and addressing it there, but still no luck

AbeWoz
22-04-2016, 18:31
see if this works: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46086-WEC&p=1269216&viewfull=1#post1269216

Alex Hobbs
22-04-2016, 18:37
see if this works: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46086-WEC&p=1269216&viewfull=1#post1269216
That is for textures, I am talking about physics code :)

AbeWoz
22-04-2016, 18:38
ah my mistake, i missed that bit.

crowtrobot
22-04-2016, 19:14
FWIW:

As of 04/20/16, edited .crd files for existing vehicles will not load (which I guess makes sense as it is not in the list provided of loose files loaded by mods.txt), which means re-classifying vehicles is out. Ged said he might look into this - this way Custom Grid can be modified to use this new implementation. Custom Livery Tool has already been updated.

Any hope of getting non-vehicle loose files added to this as well? I'm asking with interest in the \championships\ folder, M4MKey would probably be interested in the weathereffects.bff to get the Lights mod implemented easily.

Finally, thank you to everyone involved in adding this support - makes things much easier for everyone to enjoy the mods that help us enjoy the game :)

LamboMantisMan23
22-04-2016, 19:19
Is this the supposed 'documentation'?

LamboMantisMan23
22-04-2016, 19:19
Would you mind clarifying how the addition of tire files works? I stuck a tire.rg with new tires into the root folder that addressed a tire to the P1 GTR we're working on. It didn't work, so I thought I'd address the car to the tire in the mods.txt as well. Still nothing. I figured maybe there's a conflict with tire.rg being the filename, so I changed it, still nothing. As a last straw I put the filename into the mods.txt to try and get it to load that way, but still no dice. Are there any other criteria to get it working? :)

FWIW I also tried putting it in vehicles/physics/tires and addressing it there, but still no luck

The rg has to have the name tiremod.rg

Alex Hobbs
22-04-2016, 19:24
The rg has to have the name tiremod.rg

Does that mean you have a working method? Because I just did that and still nothing working here :)

LamboMantisMan23
22-04-2016, 19:29
Does that mean you have a working method? Because I just did that and still nothing working here :)

What are you putting in the file?

Alex Hobbs
22-04-2016, 19:39
What are you putting in the file?

As a test it's the old tire.rg with the handling mod I made previously. I'll have a look at copying over the base tire code for a clean file but the physics debug has no mention of loading a second .rg file

EDIT: Coped over the base templates and code and then transplanted the new tire code in but still no dice. I guess I'll just wait for the proper documentation :)

Elmo
22-04-2016, 20:04
Indeed, the tiremod.rg is missing at the moment. Will post here as soon as I have it.

Alex Hobbs
22-04-2016, 20:33
Thanks! Much appreciated :)

Elmo
25-04-2016, 07:03
Tiremod.rg added to the first post. Be aware to rename it properly (the forum doesn't allow to upload files with "suspicious" file types).

ermo
25-04-2016, 09:10
Great to see that it is becoming possible to mod in an easier way! :yes:

What are the odds of getting access to the documentation/specs/API of the .cdfbin (or any .*bin) binary packing format such that we can work with plain text/human-readable .cdf etc. files in version control systems for better maintainability? Ideally, we (the community) could develop tools that do isometric conversions back and forth between e.g. .cdf and .cdfbin, unless of course you consider this a one-way transformation (from .cdf -> .cdfbin) from your point of view?

To be clear, I'm not asking for any tools or any code drop, just the docs/specs for how to do this, which I assume that you already have internally -- if nothing else, then encoded in the .h/.cpp files that implement this functionality on your side of the fence. :)

LamboMantisMan23
25-04-2016, 09:31
^^ Also wouldn't mind the same sort of thing when editing MEB and 3D files with all the extra UV layers and so on to create tools to do all that tedious hex editing for us.

Alex Hobbs
25-04-2016, 10:04
Thanks for the template Elmo, what's the next step to get this working? I followed the template structure with my own tires and nothing, so the next step was to get the template file you posted and try and address a renamed version of that tire to the P1 we're working on, but still nothing despite tagging the car in the .rg as well as the mods.txt for safe measure. The debug files are also making no mention of a second .rg file. Is tire support coming in a future patch or is it supposed to be working atm? :)

Alex Hobbs
25-04-2016, 11:32
Also since this is a how to thread about modding, have you any ideas why this is happening? I cloned out a FRS RB a few days back and had a similar error where it wasn't loading a chassis file despite the names being correct and I assumed it was the game bugging out due to the names of the chassis being different to the name of the vdfm which is an annoying additional problem but not the biggest of my issues. However, I just cloned out a formula C for testing purposes and the vehicle wouldn't load into the menu, with this error:

Everything was renamed from formula_c to formulh_c to ensure a new name and that every name was identical. As you can see the game is failing to load the hdtbin, despite the hdtbin being present and correct on the other side of the screenshot. Am I missing something?

JDougNy
25-04-2016, 14:24
This goes with what Ermo posted about coded physics files.

A member named Shiimis had done quite a bit of translating of the physics files. I took over and added more translations and became a maintainer of the information. Other members have contributed along the way, too. Since the physics data is coded, I discuss what's in the files at another site, along with providing access to the info via public folder.

Some time ago, Shiimis also created a binary file modification tool which will take a specifically formatted text file and generate the coded physics files. This tool was left in my hands to where I would still need to create the various formatted text files and supporting template binary files to work with the tool. In most cases, this tool would cause more harm than good. The reason being are the many "Unknown" parameters in the physics files.....especially in the Chassis file (CDFbin).
As as example, when I need to change from RWD to AWD, I know to grab a chunk of data at the bottom of the CDFbin, and replace the data in my own file, along with changing a series of bytes and floats in another section of the file. Also, if the chunk of data I added in was different in length, I have to revise a group of byte count registers at the top of the file. I refer to this as "Blind" editing...don't know what's in all of the data, I just know that's what needs to be done to get the results I'm looking for. Likewise, there's a bit of blind editing to change a car from a H-shift manual to a semi-auto/sequential (just changing a series of bytes and floats in a section of the code).

I guess the point to this post is, whether or not, SMS would be open to providing a matrix to all of the parameters that may reside in each of the coded physics files. We see there is a hex string (ID) for each parameter. In most hex strings there are also bytes to denote the format of data to follow (byte, float, 32bit decimal, etc). So, the proposed matrix would include the hex string (ID), the name of the parameter and maybe a description of the function if it's not so obvious. Also, the meaning of the chunk of code at the very end of the CDFbin (after the RearRight section with byte length noted at address 0x20)

If I had a better grasp on all of the "Unknowns", I could look into creating something more functional to work with the binary file modification tool by Shiimis.

Henrique Clausing
25-04-2016, 19:23
By this new method, is safe to use a MOD with custom liveries, for multiplayer championships without being banned by Steam's VAC ?

Tommi-TAG
26-04-2016, 12:57
Thanks for the Modding support, SMS.
I appreciate everyone involved to make it possible for us! :)

crowtrobot
26-04-2016, 13:08
By this new method, is safe to use a MOD with custom liveries, for multiplayer championships without being banned by Steam's VAC ?
Yes*, but bear in mind that everyone on the server needs to have the same livery files (art and .rcf) or the liveries will not show properly.

*My testing's been limited to p2p connections, so I can't say one way or another w.r.t. dedicated servers. My guess is that there would not be any risk of VAC ban there either, but don't quote me.

Henrique Clausing
26-04-2016, 14:02
Yes*, but bear in mind that everyone on the server needs to have the same livery files (art and .rcf) or the liveries will not show properly.

*My testing's been limited to p2p connections, so I can't say one way or another w.r.t. dedicated servers. My guess is that there would not be any risk of VAC ban there either, but don't quote me.

Ok, thank you.

JDougNy
26-04-2016, 17:03
Not sure if this has been covered by the testers of the new mod code.
There appears to be an issue with the huds. I have 4 of my cars in the Mods.txt with the proper :hud: entry for each car.
All tach textures are saved with correct compression level with alpha and no mip-maps.
All folder and file naming is correct.
In the game, only one hud is acknowledged....the 3rd car in the mods.txt

ddaniels
29-04-2016, 02:07
I was trying to add some custom liveries to my game without success. The instructions state "Place the modified RCF in the data folder ". Which data folder is being referred to? Is it the main folder with the exe. or some other one. Also, where is it best to place my new liveries? Thanks for any help.

Tommi-TAG
29-04-2016, 17:34
I was trying to add some custom liveries to my game without success. The instructions state "Place the modified RCF in the data folder ". Which data folder is being referred to? Is it the main folder with the exe. or some other one. Also, where is it best to place my new liveries? Thanks for any help.
Hi, ddaniels.
I was also interested in the new Custom Liveries Support System. And thanks to the information and support from Elmo (SMS), Ged Keaveney (SMS), JDougNY and crowtrobot, I could find out how it works

(Edited: 01/05/2016)
Moved the Links and the file to my next post.

At the moment, this file includes only Readme with Credits because, without support from SMS, JDougNY and crowtrobot, I could have done nothing. Thanks again to everyone. :)

I think you already know how to install mods.txt and MODS folder with JSGME.
I'm going to complete the file including all necessary information and post it here hopefully this weekend.
Hope this helps until then. :)

Tommi-TAG
01-05-2016, 04:09
Hello.
I edited a sample Livery Pack for testing "Custom Liveries".
Also, I wrote a small guide about how to use "Custom Liveries".
Thanks again to everyone involved for making "Vehicle Mods" possible.
Hope this information helps. :)

@ SMS Dev Team
I don't have enough experience about "Custom Liveries" yet.
Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. I'll correct it as soon as possible. :)

Description

- This is a sample Livery Pack for testing and to show it's possible to

"replace" all original liveries,
"add" multiple new custom liveries,
and use Fresnel & Spec Maps for them.

- Project CARS "Patch 10.2" or higher has to be installed.

- In this package, I used "Formula B" cars for testing.

#1 - #23 cars: replaced with the original liveries
#24-#27 cars: added as new Custom Liveries (with Fresnel & Spec Maps)

<Note 1>
- The Modding way of "Custom Liveries" can't be used (partially) for the car which originally does not have Custom Livery option in the game.
(e.g.) McLaren cars.

<Note 2>
- The player can use any Custom Liveries in-game.

On the other hand,
- the Custom Livery which was "replaced" with the original livery appears as AI opponent's livery in-game.
- But, the Custom Livery which was "added" as new one doesn't appear as AI opponent's livery in-game.

So, if you want to use some livery for AI opponent's car, please replace the original one with that Custom Livery.

Credits

* Slightly Mad Studios *

* JDougNy *
- Thanks to JDougNy for unpacked files and Modding support for the community.

* crowtrobot *
- Thanks to crowtrobot for unpacked files, Modding support for the community and the idea to use simple "Color + Number" liveries for testing.

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/download/u2a6rj8z88yi6zw/pCARS+Custom+Liveries+Test+Formula+B.7z

Forum Threads & Posts that helped a lot

- [HowTo] Register Vehicle Mods (This thread)
The main thread of the official "Vehicle Mods" support. (Thanks to Elmo.)
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46663-HowTo-Register-Vehicle-Mods

- "Test Package" by crowtrobot. (Thanks to crowtrobot.)
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34577-Machine-Dojo-Modding-Team-Projects-Discussion&p=1264597&viewfull=1#post1264597

- Description about how to use crowtrobot's Test Package. (Thanks to Ged Keaveney.)
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34577-Machine-Dojo-Modding-Team-Projects-Discussion&p=1264780&viewfull=1#post1264780

- "Custom Liveries Tool" by crowtrobot that enables the advanced custom liveries management. (Thanks to crowtrobot.)
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44730-Custom-Liveries-Tool-Livery-Manager-and-Livery-Package-Export

- Vehicle custom liveries - How to + FAQ
Basic information & tutorial about how to create Custom Liveries and how to use Fresnel & Spec Maps. (Thanks to Fernando Pedace.)
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21857-Vehicle-custom-liveries-How-to-FAQ

About ".rcf" files

crowtrobot's "Custom Liveries Tool" includes all ".rcf" files for all cars.
(Thanks again to crowtrobot for his support.)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44730-Custom-Liveries-Tool-Livery-Manager-and-Livery-Package-Export

Basic Guide

(P.S. The attached images look a bit blurred, sorry. The original image files are included with .PNG format in the archieve.)

About the Base File Reference System

About "How to change the Color of the Wheels"

About "How to add Fresnel & Spec Maps"

About "How to add new Custom Liveries"

Video Preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL9CNW-rik4

Installation & Uninstallation

Please refer to the Readme included in the archive.

ddaniels
02-05-2016, 22:48
Tommi-TAG thanks for taking the time to make the guide. I didn't realize JSGME was required or the exact layout. I was able to get some of the gt3 car skins working and have plenty more to add. Thanks again.

Tommi-TAG
03-05-2016, 15:48
Tommi-TAG thanks for taking the time to make the guide. I didn't realize JSGME was required or the exact layout. I was able to get some of the gt3 car skins working and have plenty more to add. Thanks again.
Thanks for your reply, ddaniels. I'm glad to hear it worked. :)
It is not complex once we understand the base system. But it was not easy for me to make Custom Liveries work at first. And thanks to everybody's support, I could find out the way to make everything work step by step.

JSGME is a Mod Manager and not a must to use Custom Liveries. JSGME makes it easy to install/uninstall the Mods. and many Modders on this forum use it. So, I used it for this test package, too. :)

Thanks again!

Alex Hobbs
05-05-2016, 18:44
I'm gonna have to be 'that guy' and bump for an answer on these 2 posts: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46663-HowTo-Register-Vehicle-Mods&p=1270313&viewfull=1#post1270313

Sorry to be annoying, I just have a few projects waiting on this info :)

LamboMantisMan23
05-05-2016, 19:03
I'm gonna have to be 'that guy' and bump for an answer on these 2 posts: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46663-HowTo-Register-Vehicle-Mods&p=1270313&viewfull=1#post1270313

Sorry to be annoying, I just have a few projects waiting on this info :)

EDIT: Thought it was the chassis file problem, sorry

JDougNy
18-05-2016, 01:53
Just wanted to note that it appears that the tiremod.rg is working. Here is an example of adding new tread, new carcass, new heat, and new tyre names

# New tread template example
TEMPLATE INTERMEDIATE_RTRX seta_flash_tread
model "TreadI.Flash"
Cdef_lofreq "0.5 4.0 0.001 1.5"
Cdef "0.78 0.0015"
Cadh "0.65 25.0"
Ctear 0.2
Ctack "0.63 0.63 1.0"
Cwear 3.6e-10
temp_ideal "105.0 15.0"
temp_falloff "0.008 0.002 0.004 0.002"
temp_limit "100.0 55.0"
cure "2.0 4000.0 390.0"
hardness 50.0
channel_coverage 0.15
resistance "2.0e6 0.5e3"
thickness "3.5e-3 7.0e-3"
hysteresis "0.0 0.0 0.0"
seta_scale "0.75 0.75"
heating_scale "1.0 1.0 1.0"
thermal_conductivity 0.15
flash "3.0e-5 1.8 0.0"
surface_layer 2.0e-3
advection 2.1
critical_wetness 0.75
wet_cool_scale 35.0
thermal_patch_conductivity "1.5 200.0 150.0"
temperature_display "25.0 107.0 140.0"
wear_overflow 0.1
shear_thickness "2.5e-3 0.0"

# New Soft Tread example
RECORD Falken_RTRX_Soft_Tread INTERMEDIATE_RTRX
Cwear 4.0e-10
temp_limit "105.0 60.0"
seta_scale "1.0 0.75"
flash "3.0e-5 0.85 0.0"
#wear_overflow 0.08

# New carcass template example
TEMPLATE RTRX-R1-Template seta_flexi_carcass
model "CarcassI.Flexi"
load_stiffness 0.40e5
load_stiffness_per_pressure 1.30
load_damping 1200.0
load_damping_bias 0.0
rotational_damping 0.1e2
long_shape_stiffness 1.0e4
long_center_stiffness "6.0e5 1.0e3"
inflation_shape "100000.0 200000.0 300000.0"
buckling 0.0
critical_inclination 5.0e-3
rolling_resistance 1.5e5
rollover "5.0e-2 3.5e3 0.3"
flexi_size "8 2 0.3"
deformation_damping "1.0e-3 1.0e3"
slow_deformation_damping "5.0 1.0e-2 1.0e4"
sidewall "3.75e5 6.0e3 4.0e5 1.0"
tread "6.0e6 6.0e6 6.0e6"
layer "1.0e6 2.0e6"
carcass_heating 0.5
sigmoid_range "0.2 1.0"
sigmoid_shape "0.01 0.02 0.001"
patch_sizing "0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0"
profile 41
ply_factor "0.0 0.0"
flex_drag_factor -0.6
gyro "0.1 0.05"
pressure_scale "0.65 0.4"
load_scale "2500.0 0.04 0.8"
#sidewall_offload "0.14 0.20 0.9"
sidewall_offload "0.085 0.26 1.0"
deflated_extra_heating "20.0 40.0 1.0"

# New Carcass example
RECORD RTRX-Road-255-35 RTRX-R1-Template
load_stiffness 1.58e5
load_stiffness_per_pressure 1.10
profile 35
long_center_stiffness "10.0e5 1.0e4"
sidewall "4.9e5 5.5e3 4.9e5 1.0"
tread "4.9e5 4.9e5 4.7e5"
layer "4.0e6 3.0e6"
carcass_heating 0.3
long_flex_bite 1.3
inflation_shape "200000.0 260000.0 300000.0"

# New Carcass example
RECORD RTRX-Road-325-30 RTRX-R1-Template
load_stiffness 1.66e5
load_stiffness_per_pressure 1.20
profile 30
long_center_stiffness "10.0e5 1.0e4"
sidewall "4.9e5 5.5e3 4.9e5 1.0"
tread "4.9e5 4.9e5 4.7e5"
layer "4.0e6 3.0e6"
carcass_heating 0.3
long_flex_bite 1.3
inflation_shape "200000.0 260000.0 300000.0"

# New Front Heat example
RECORD RTRX_front_heat heat_network
model "HeatModelI.Network"
carcass_to_air 20.0
air_to_air "10.0 10.0"
brake_to_air 50.0
rim_to_air 10.0

# New Rear Heat example
RECORD RTRX_rear_heat heat_network
model "HeatModelI.Network"
carcass_to_air 20.0
air_to_air "10.0 5.0"
brake_to_air 50.0
rim_to_air 10.0

# Track-only R-Compound
RECORD Falken_RTRX_Soft seta_tire
name "Falken RTRX-Soft"
model "TireI.Seta"
tags "ford_mustang_rtrx, Soft, front, default"
tread_config Falken_RTRX_Soft_Tread
carcass_config RTRX-Road-255-35
heat_config RTRX_front_heat

RECORD Falken_RTRX_Soft_R seta_tire
name "Falken RTRX-Soft-Rear"
model "TireI.Seta"
tags "ford_mustang_rtrx, Soft, rear, default"
tread_config Falken_RTRX_Soft_Tread
carcass_config RTRX-Road-325-30
heat_config RTRX_rear_heat

# Max or UHP Summer tire
RECORD Falken_RTRX_Summer seta_tire
name "Falken RTRX-All Weather"
model "TireI.Seta"
tags "ford_mustang_rtrx, Street, Wet, front"
tread_config street_pirelli_pzero
carcass_config RTRX-Road-255-35
heat_config RTRX_front_heat

RECORD Falken_RTRX_Summer_R seta_tire
name "Falken RTRX-All Weather-Rear"
model "TireI.Seta"
tags "ford_mustang_rtrx, Street, Wet, rear"
tread_config street_pirelli_pzero
carcass_config RTRX-Road-325-30
heat_config RTRX_rear_heat

It's all loading up for my new project car and things seem fine.

JDougNy
18-05-2016, 02:27
Edited my prior post as I was able to make new tread, new carcass, new front/rear heat and new tyre names work in the tiremod.rg

satco1066
18-05-2016, 10:11
Just wanted to note that it appears that the tiremod.rg is working. Here is an example of adding new tread, new carcass, new heat, and new tyre names

It's all loading up for my new project car and things seem fine.

That sounds great.
Hopefully, loading of changed tire physics is disabled in league races like NVidia/Logitech Challenge

Alex Hobbs
18-05-2016, 10:14
Confirmed working, cheers Doug!

Terror Noodle
22-01-2017, 19:26
Hello all,

I have tried for quite a while now to install vehicle mods for the Huracan GT3, 2015 Audi R8 LMS, McLaren 650S GT3, etc... for Project Cars 64-bit update 11.2. I've tried JSGME, changing mods.txt, and even tiremod.rg. No matter what guide I follow, I can't get any of these vehicles to show up in the car list in the game. This is very frustrating and if anyone has any info, fixes, etc. for this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Terror Noodle
22-01-2017, 20:25
Hello all,

I have tried for quite a while now to install vehicle mods for the Huracan GT3, 2015 Audi R8 LMS, McLaren 650S GT3, etc... for Project Cars 64-bit update 11.2. I've tried JSGME, changing mods.txt, and even tiremod.rg. No matter what guide I follow, I can't get any of these vehicles to show up in the car list in the game. This is very frustrating and if anyone has any info, fixes, etc. for this, I would greatly appreciate it.

UPDATE: It turns out the mods do work, I just have to edit mods.txt and tiremod.rg if necessary. However I find that JSGME does not properly unpack files, so i have to do it manually for each mod. Which means that if I want to uninstall a mod, i have to find all the individual files... Not ideal but it works.

vegaguy5555
17-06-2017, 15:53
Hi guys. I read as much as I can and understand some of it. Not sure where most of these files are?

I have enabled mods before with good results mostly. But am having a problem with the new Porsche 918. It shows in the index and I can click on it. The program crashes when going to track or garage. The wheel spins for a few seconds then 'unsuspected' massage I click ok and Pcars is shut off.

LamboMantisMan23
22-06-2017, 12:53
Hi guys. I read as much as I can and understand some of it. Not sure where most of these files are?

I have enabled mods before with good results mostly. But am having a problem with the new Porsche 918. It shows in the index and I can click on it. The program crashes when going to track or garage. The wheel spins for a few seconds then 'unsuspected' massage I click ok and Pcars is shut off.

The car shouldn't be crashing the game. You must have installed incorrectly. Are you using JSGME?

vegaguy5555
22-06-2017, 20:49
Yes I am using JSGME. I have installed about twenty other cars successfully.

There is other options, no roof, wheels.... So I'm wondering if I was soppoed to install the packages?

It shows up in the index with a picture. I can even look at it if I scroll through in garage but it crashes if I just try opening the car from the list to garage or track.

LamboMantisMan23
23-06-2017, 12:21
Yes I am using JSGME. I have installed about twenty other cars successfully.

There is other options, no roof, wheels.... So I'm wondering if I was soppoed to install the packages?

It shows up in the index with a picture. I can even look at it if I scroll through in garage but it crashes if I just try opening the car from the list to garage or track.

Very strange, it must be something on your end because many people are using the car successfully

vegaguy5555
25-06-2017, 16:02
I am having a hard time understanding this. I have installed twenty or more mods that all still work but now I can't anymore.

I'm get a (unhandled exception trapped, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) on the past three install. I can't figure out what I'm doing different/wrong?

Reiche
25-06-2017, 19:02
You're not necessarily doing something wrong, this can happen sometimes. Did you try renaming your default.sav?

Roger Prynne
25-06-2017, 21:08
You're not necessarily doing something wrong, this can happen sometimes. Did you try deleting your default.sav?

Renaming is better, so if it made no difference you can always revert back to the original.

vegaguy5555
26-06-2017, 20:35
Thanks guys! Will give it a try when I get home.

Over the weekend counted and I have 32 working mods. I uninstalled them all and just tried the Spyder but it didn't help. I have downloaded the F40 as well and its doing the same thing.

Serotoninjunkie
26-10-2017, 16:58
Got a similar problem:
First, the Audi R8 LMS 2015 doesn't even show up when I activate the mod with JSGME, even though it worked previously. I took a break from the game for a few months and came back today. I downloaded the Alpina b6 gt3, Ferrari 488 gt3 and the 650s gt3. The audi still doesn't show up, the alpina had an installer, but doesn't show up either. Then we come to the most frustrating bits: the 650s and the 488 do show up, but when I'm trying to look at them in the garage I get this message:
BDgbFatal
File:Source\Platforms\Win\CMeshPrimitiveType.cpp
Line:753
Func:MWL::Renderer::WinRenderer::CMeshPrimitiveType::LoadBinaryMeshFromResource

Mesh file does not exist: vehicles_488_gt3\ferrari_488_gt3_caliper_rr:loda.meb
after that I get the old EXEPTION_BREAKPOINT shtick and all.

I don't know what to do anymore. I deleted the savefile, no effect. I uninstalled and reinstalled the mods re-edited the mod.txt file, no effect. Nothing seems to change anything and I'm now reminded why I took the break from the game, but if anyone could help me I'dbe very thankful.

Edit: Got the Alpina mod to work, but that causes a crash to desktop, like the 488 and 650s, the moment I want to have a look at the thing in the garage. Same errormessage like above, just another mesh that wasn't found. It's unspeakably irritating.

Edit no. 2: Ran the game in both 32 and 64bit, makes no difference.

FXAlanPOSH
19-10-2018, 11:02
Dud i love your Mods. LOVE THEM. not sure you could use them in a competition. but for personal non commercial projects its of course fine.