PDA

View Full Version : Steering degrees problem

eiwhatsup
23-04-2016, 20:25
ok t300 rs. set to 1080, everuthing properly calibrated etc.

Formula B. Oulton Park. The car has 720 or more wheel degrees of rotation. The usual with FB. Nothing wrong

Formula B. Nurburing GP. The car has about 420 wheel degrees of rotation. what?

known bug or any other problem with the game?

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
23-04-2016, 20:47
Check the setups for both tracks, is the steering ratio the same? The wheel rotation isn't limited by a set number of degrees, it's a function of how many degrees the wheels can turn times the steering ratio.

eiwhatsup
24-04-2016, 08:37
You mean the steering ratio option in the car setup?. It doesn't matter then. Wheel has a lot less rotation on Nurburing GP.

What kind of bug is this lol?

cluck
24-04-2016, 09:14
Just tried the FB at both tracks with a default setup and the wheel rotation was identical on my G25.

24-04-2016, 09:16
Even with a modified setup (different overall for both tracks but the same steering ratio on both) I got the same degrees on both tracks.

BTW, if you change the steering ratio setting in the setup the effect won't show up until you restart the game sometimes. That one is a known bug.

eiwhatsup
24-04-2016, 11:02
BTW, if you change the steering ratio setting in the setup the effect won't show up until you restart the game sometimes. That one is a known bug.Have to check that out. didn't know (annoying bug if so OMG!). I'll report on this one later

BTW I wanted to add to my first post when I said the wheel turns x degrees in this track and x in this other [B][I]until it hits the soft lock (wmy wheel is set at 1080). I know it was not important anymore and that you took it for granted, but just in case

cluck
24-04-2016, 11:04
eiwhatsup - I've edited your post - please refrain from swearing on the forum, it's not necessary.

Aizcold
24-04-2016, 11:14
Even with a modified setup (different overall for both tracks but the same steering ratio on both) I got the same degrees on both tracks.

BTW, if you change the steering ratio setting in the setup the effect won't show up until you restart the game sometimes. That one is a known bug.
You don't have to restart the game, it's only the session you need to restart for the changes to take effect. Still annoying but less so than restarting the whole game.

eiwhatsup
24-04-2016, 12:46
BTW, if you change the steering ratio setting in the setup the effect won't show up until you restart the game sometimes. That one is a known bug.hey man It was that. omg what kind of bug is this lol. Confirmed you have to restart the race instead of the very game btw

Anyway thanks for the help. But now that I learn about this..., is there something more related to setup effects that I should know of?, apart from the accel. diff. lock setup that works the opposite way to the explained thing of course.

24-04-2016, 16:37
hey man It was that. omg what kind of bug is this lol. Confirmed you have to restart the race instead of the very game btwYeah, that's a weird bug, thankfully it's indeed only the session, not the whole game. And luckily it's not a setting you usually have to play with too much.

Anyway thanks for the help. But now that I learn about this..., is there something more related to setup effects that I should know of?, apart from the accel. diff. lock setup that works the opposite way to the explained thing of course.Well the brake mapping slider doesn't seem to be doing anything, other than that everything seems to work, on my computer at least.

And accel diff lock isn't exactly wrong, but it's way too limited. With high acc lock the car can be more clunky and unresponsive under partial throttle, but if enough weight is on the outside tyre then it can yank the car around by forcing torque to go to the outer tyre. So the "limit your ability to turn" bit is quite questionable. But high acc giving "better traction" and low acc causing "possibility of wheelspin" are both correct. With higher accel lock you're sending more torque to the tyre with more grip, enabling you to use your available traction much better, and with low values the inside wheel can spin up unnecessarily. The thing is though that low acc lock does prevent power oversteer, so while you get a lot of wheelspin, you only get it at one wheel, so you're not losing control. Simultaneously it'll prevent you from accelerating as quickly as you could if you sent more torque to the outer tyre. But likewise too high acceleration lock can try to force the car around because not only are you sending more torque to the tyre with more grip (causing a yawing torque effect on the car), once you do get wheelspin you get it at both wheels, meaning the car will be very unstable.

So yeah, the description is not exactly wrong as such, but it's much too simplified to be useful. We're talking about a very dynamic situation with multiple things affecting the end result.

eiwhatsup
24-04-2016, 16:55
update:

actually, the game needs to be rebooted in order to make the steering option work lol.

How on Earth weren't things like this sorted in 10 patches?

i've also found out in Formula B many other problems like medium slicks being a lot faster than softs. Softs also seems to be like sort of rushed in what It comes to programming. Not only they offer less grip and are more prone to spin out, but you can't also feel things like the extra force and vibrations through the force feedback when you turn to try the wheel while locking the tyres. However this effect is in the medium tyres through foce feedback

Also, who made the Formula B AI ? It's just blind kamikazes. omg how can they release the game with the AI in such state?

Don't know whether or not this is a Formula B only problem, but things like this very much prove this game is far from completion