PDA

View Full Version : What happens to the members wishes?

goeiste
26-04-2016, 03:43
On the Project Cars forum are the two sticky questions. (yeah i know there are more)

1. What cars do you want to see in-game?
2. What tracks do you want to see in-game?

How does WMD decide which cars and tracks come into a new DLC? Do they (really) listen to all the wishes of their forum members?, and what do they do with all those car wishes (to me there are like a gazillion)? Do they sort them out and put the car with the most wishes in a new DLC?
Over 4000 treads of car wishes and over 1400 treads of track wishes (and still growing...), what happens with that, or does WMD use them also in Pcars II?
Like "Bannochbrae" (as far as i know) was never mentioned in a wish list, but came in a DLC.
In the track poll the "Isle Of Man TT" is on top with 9,30% (511 of the 5496 Voters), will that be one of the next new tracks?
Will there come a poll of the cars also?

Just wondering..... :)

maurice-pascale
26-04-2016, 04:54
I dont think we will see anything of it in the game.....maybe in pcars 2 but wouldnt make any sense because those threads are for the allready released game...

and with the "Isle of man TT".....they dont work on this track to bring it as a DLC....they started to pay attantion for this track in the last few weeks, when a member on this forum done a suggestion about a cheap laser scan, for producing this track for Pcars.....

When this is the most wanted track for the game and nothing ismin work for it....then i dont think we will see anything out of both topics.........just a time waste, to let people hope....for a year now..and longer how it seems....

SlowBloke
26-04-2016, 05:57
Or u could take it as face value.... they asked what the community wants to see and figure if its feasible?

Better they ask than not.

Only a time waste if u want to see it as one.

Konan
26-04-2016, 06:04
FYI...the next DLC is one of the most wanted tracks by the community...they couldn't implement it at first but almost moved heaven and earth to get it in at the end...
It's exactly what SlowBloke stated....wishes are all good if they are feasible...

Rob Prange
26-04-2016, 11:27
How does WMD decide which cars and tracks come into a new DLC? Do they (really) listen to all the wishes of their forum members?, and what do they do with all those car wishes (to me there are like a gazillion)? Do they sort them out and put the car with the most wishes in a new DLC?
Over 4000 treads of car wishes and over 1400 treads of track wishes (and still growing...), what happens with that, or does WMD use them also in Pcars II?
Like "Bannochbrae" (as far as i know) was never mentioned in a wish list, but came in a DLC.
In the track poll the "Isle Of Man TT" is on top with 9,30% (511 of the 5496 Voters), will that be one of the next new tracks?
Will there come a poll of the cars also?

Just wondering..... :)

When it comes to the decision which cars and tracks are added, a multitude of factors need to be considered, including licensing, which can be tricky.

So while we`re not able to honor all wishes or automatically include the most requested cars, these threads and all other feedback is certainly helpful to determine which kind of vehicles you guys are after most, helping us to shape future content :)

Riccardo De Rosa
26-04-2016, 12:35
It would be nice if the SMS would make available a guide to create circuit. (not a 3d guide)
Modder performs all the work and then deliver this work to the sms. Then they put it in the game if it meets all of the guide parameters and if sms consider appropriate for their title.

Sloskimo
26-04-2016, 12:42
It would be nice if the SMS would make available a guide to create circuit. (not a 3d guide)
Modder performs all the work and then deliver this work to the sms. Then they put it in the game if it meets all of the guide parameters and if sms consider appropriate for their title.

Not sure that would work very well from a legal point of view. if it worked like that SMS would not have to license any track, they could just rename one of their employees into "Trackimodo" and have at it.

Riccardo De Rosa
26-04-2016, 12:50
Bannochbrae is a fictional circuit and no need license.. but is very nice ;)

Sloskimo
26-04-2016, 12:55
Bannochbrae is a fictional circuit and no need license.. but is very nice ;)

Thought you meant real life circuits, but yeah, fictional circuits are fair game.

Riccardo De Rosa
26-04-2016, 13:15
On my pc I have AC and rFactor 2 just because I can put my circuits or because i have a lot of it. I prefer Project Cars and if I could do the same the other two sim would not exist on my PC... and I'm not alone.

Konan
26-04-2016, 13:15
Thought you meant real life circuits, but yeah, fictional circuits are fair game.

Yes...but if they resemble the original too much they wouldn't be allowed either...(Sakitto had to be modified for that reason)

Sloskimo
26-04-2016, 14:04
Yes...but if they resemble the original too much they wouldn't be allowed either...(Sakitto had to be modified for that reason)

Oh bummer :) so you mean to say we cannot make Tandpoort, Macaw etc? :) Oh well, there's something to be said for that, even though trademark and copyright law got way out of control since the internet boomed.

Ran into a multi mill lawsuit myself a few years ago on copyright, it's all a bit silly sometimes, but in this case it seems fair enough.

Konan
26-04-2016, 16:08
Oh bummer :) so you mean to say we cannot make Tandpoort, Macaw etc? :) Oh well, there's something to be said for that, even though trademark and copyright law got way out of control since the internet boomed.

Ran into a multi mill lawsuit myself a few years ago on copyright, it's all a bit silly sometimes, but in this case it seems fair enough.

I know that for Sakitto they had to remove the Ferris wheel and a bridge...i don't know how much the track resembles the real one though.
So maybe it's more about the features surrounding the track then the layout itself?

LogRoad
26-04-2016, 16:16
Don't forget the devs also have their own wishlists. And the first SMS/WMD car we saw was the Lotus 49. I wonder how the in-house wishlist would look next to the community wishlist (which seems to include every car ever imagined).

Konan
26-04-2016, 16:17
Don't forget the devs also have their own wishlists. And the first SMS/WMD car we saw was the Lotus 49. I wonder how the in-house wishlist would look next to the community wishlist (which seems to include every car ever imagined).

Yeah...a bit impossible to accomplish...lol

Umer Ahmad
26-04-2016, 17:17

For those of you with access, here's the community list (http://pcars2.wmdportal.com/forumdisplay.php?189-Ideas-Under-Consideration) we're reviewing for pCARS2 (not cars/tracks but features).

Since I came to the company from the community I have a interest in seeing some of these community ideas into pCARS2. Then there's the business reality of "cost" (time/money/people) so that helps us filter the list. If something's just too expensive...probably not gonna happen.

Rambo_Commando
26-04-2016, 18:50
The formula for success:

Pcars2 = Pcars1 - bugs + improved AI + ovals + better UI + more cars + more race tracks - coleslaw

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
26-04-2016, 18:53
Oh bummer :) so you mean to say we cannot make Tandpoort, Macaw etc? :)Macau is a street track, yes? That could be possible, you can't copyright a public road like that, only stuff relating to a specific race on it. That's why our Monaco GP circuit is called "Azure Circuit", but is the same layout otherwise.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
26-04-2016, 19:03
The formula for success:

Pcars2 = Pcars1 - bugs + improved AI + ovals + better UI + more cars + more race tracks - coleslawBah, I wouldn't buy that, that's way too unambitious. I would be so disappointed if SMS didn't further improve some of the (already exceptionally good) physics. There are still tons of stuff they could do with integrating weather and ToD features to affect the racing surface, the engine and the aerodynamics, the differential model could use more types of models supported (torsen, locker, lateral active torque biasing, better AWD implementation, etc.), dampers could be upgraded to support switchover force instead of a static switchover velocity, stuff like that.

Basically, even though the physics and features of the game are already great and many aspects are far ahead of the competition, there are still things they could do to improve those, and if they didn't it wouldn't be a pCARS 2, it'd be a pCARS 1.5, in my eyes.

Thankfully I know that the devs are mad enough to improve everything like that even without anyone telling it to them. They're nothing if not ambitious. =)