PDA

View Full Version : Dash camera

konnos
26-04-2016, 08:15
I am trying to position my camera to put it right behind the dashboard, but the problem is that as soon as the camera enter windshield territory the lighting compensation activates and makes my windshield tinted. What can I do to avoid activating this?

Dakpilot
26-04-2016, 10:57
If you are using cntrl/k i believe starting in bonnet cam and moving to behind windscreen can help in this situation, been a while so I may be wrong :cool:

I found adjusting each time to be a little irritating, so have not used for a while, wish custom cntrl/k positions could be saved and there was a default reset function, although it is great to have cntrl/k as an option

Cheers Dakpilot

konnos
26-04-2016, 12:21
Indeed that did the trick. I was starting from cockpit or helmet camera and they have adaptive lighting. Thanks.

kevin kirk
26-04-2016, 14:54
If you are using cntrl/k i believe starting in bonnet cam and moving to behind windscreen can help in this situation, been a while so I may be wrong :cool:

I found adjusting each time to be a little irritating, so have not used for a while, wish custom cntrl/k positions could be saved and there was a default reset function, although it is great to have cntrl/k as an option

Cheers Dakpilot.....console users cant even move the free camera around at all so be glad you can. We are stuck with seats that are way to high even after moving the seat down and there are a couple of cars that we cant use cockpit view because the camera isnt positioned over the actual seat in the car. There are many cars, some making them undrivable in cockpit view, that have some sort of major cockpit view issues that could be fixed with free cam on consoles.

mjemec11
26-04-2016, 14:57
You can use the ctrl+k combo on PS4.

kevin kirk
26-04-2016, 15:10
You can use the ctrl+k combo on PS4. I would be tickeled to death if this was avalible for xbox. I have spent hours and hours searching trying to find a way I can do this on xbox to try and fix the cockpit views but I cant find anyone that has ever achieved any sort of free camera on any game with a usb keyboard. The part that drives me crazy is the range of the seat moving down is so small but in the same car the range of the seat moving up will go so far up your head is thur the roof of the car.

TopAirspace
26-04-2016, 15:39
I have xbox one version and use Ctl + k command all the time

TopAirspace
26-04-2016, 15:46

All camera views edited using Ctl + K on Xbox One

kevin kirk
26-04-2016, 15:49
I have xbox one version and use Ctl + k command all the time.....holy crap tell me how your doing it. Do you have a usb keyboard? What model is the keyboard? Does it give you free camera in cockpit view allowing you to move to adjust cockpit view for game play?

TopAirspace
26-04-2016, 15:54
Works with any keyboard, Hold down Ctl then press k, then use the Q,W,E,A,S,D keys to move the camera around. Works with every view :cool:

kevin kirk
26-04-2016, 16:02
Works with any keyboard, Hold down Ctl then press k, then use the Q,W,E,A,S,D keys to move the camera around. Works with every view :cool:

how are your hooking a keyboard up to your xbox, thur the usb port on the side with a adaptor?

TopAirspace
26-04-2016, 16:10
how are your hooking a keyboard up to your xbox, thur the usb port on the side with a adaptor?

Yep, on the front lefthand side USB port (lefthand side if you are facing your console)

TopAirspace
26-04-2016, 16:14

Cheers Dakpilot

Yes that is correct, if you move the bonnet cam back behind the windscreen you will have no dark contrasting issues! I race like that quite often actually

kevin kirk
26-04-2016, 16:17
Yep, on the front lefthand side USB port (lefthand side if you are facing your console)

thanks, I could never find anyone that actually hooked a keyboard up to xbox with project cars and seen that this worked for free camera in project cars. I just only found people that just used it for typing and so on in other games.

TopAirspace
26-04-2016, 16:18
thanks, I could never find anyone that actually hooked a keyboard up to xbox with project cars and seen that this worked for free camera in project cars. I just only found people that just used it for typing and so on in other games.

No probs, so have you got it working now?

kevin kirk
26-04-2016, 16:49
No probs, so have you got it working now?..im looking for a keyboard now. Might get lucky and family member has a old one laying around( I only have a laptop when online). If not i will just buy one in a day or two.

kevin kirk
26-04-2016, 20:12
No probs, so have you got it working now?....keyboard in the mail and will be here around this weekend.