PDA

View Full Version : [Web] SimRacingManager

oscarolim
26-04-2016, 21:19
What is it?
SRM (SimRacingManager) allows you to manage your virtual races. Create leagues, divisions and championships. Control who can join, your rosters, results and much more.

What can I do?
You can create championships, with as many races as needed, as well as support races (for example qualification). The attribution of points is very flexible, with the ability to remove points for penalties and add a note or the reasons.
Leagues and championships feature a dashboard page with information about current standings, next races, and more.

What does it offer?
Management of roster, where you can add people to a championships ou share a link to have people join. Championships can be public or private. Ability to add a car selection with a limit of number of cars available.

While the site supports other games, the integration with Project Cars is deeper than with any other game.

That's all cool, but that's all your site does?
No. It is also the home of the Project Cars leaderboards by vHUD. If you use my Windows or Android app, vHUD for Project Cars, when doing time trial laps you can upload your times to the site and compare them with other laps based on the car, track and other options you can choose.
This also feeds into the Rivals mode both apps offer, with the times being fetched from the site.

Website http://SimRacingManager.com

Other projects
vHUD for Project Cars (Windows / Android) (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43245-Windows-Universal-Android-(available-now)-vHUD-for-Project-Cars)
Universal FFB Settings for XB1 WebApp (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33366-Universal-FFB-Settings-for-PS4-XB1-WebApp)
Universal FFB Settings for PS4 WebApp (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33367-Universal-FFB-Settings-for-PS4-XB1-WebApp)

morpwr
27-04-2016, 00:58
Just a quick question. Why are my time trial times showing I'm using assists when I'm not? The last two cars I did times with did this. I did go back and check the formula c tonight and the assists where definitely off. Other than this loving the app!

oscarolim
27-04-2016, 08:03
The Game's API sometimes sends that information as true, even if you have no assists in the car. It seems is more reliable if you complete turn off the assists (instead of leaving them in real in the game settings).

morpwr
27-04-2016, 11:01
The Game's API sometimes sends that information as true, even if you have no assists in the car. It seems is more reliable if you complete turn off the assists (instead of leaving them in real in the game settings).

Ok I will try that. Thanks

rosko
14-05-2016, 21:27
This is great, really useful being able to organise my best times, not something you can do in the game. Just wish i could run it on windows 7 to free up my android. I also learnt that if you set assists to real they default to on, that was something i was not aware of. Guess im more of a crap driver than i thought. Will it store lap times you do in free practice or just TT? I tend to use FP more as i can meddle with setups and compare times, I'm not sure i fully understand if setups carry over to TT or it's just a base setup.

oscarolim
15-05-2016, 15:52
Just TT, as it is a fairer way to compare the times (free practice allows different track times, weather conditions, things that I don't have information about to make it fairer).
That being said, if you use either of my apps you can save the lap times as a CSV file, and after my well deserved holiday, you'll be able to upload that to the site and compare them to some degree (without telemetry).

I do believe in TT it uses the setup assigned to the car, but maybe someone can clear that bit.

inthebagbud
15-05-2016, 18:37
TT use your tuned setup for the car

oscarolim
05-06-2016, 15:20
Minor update released today.

5th May 2016 - 1.3.1
- Added ability to have timed races
- Fixed an issue preventing connecting a league's user to an account through an email invite
- Fixed issues displaying the player's controller method

vahagn_hayk
07-06-2016, 04:00
would be nice if it was offline, or downloadable/ or possible to implementing into "racers" own league website with your copyright, have to go and visit another website makes it less interesting and especially knowing data is stored with someone else regardless of how important or unimportant it is. just my 2c, great work nonetheless!

oscarolim
07-06-2016, 06:49
Download and embed options are doable in the future. Offline is more difficult, since the point of this is to share among several users, something that offline would make it very difficult.

Chawabax
07-06-2016, 07:37
I made an Android app to share informations about our championships using free Google services, FUSION Tables or a simple GOOGLE spreadsheet (first is a real database, fast to update via remote, the second one is not a real database but still accepting limited SQL commands and updating in 10-15 minutes).
App is dead, but the concept was working good

oscarolim
08-06-2016, 16:55
Tomorrow (9th June) between 1AM and 2AM GMT the website might be unavailable while server upgrades are made.
This will also affect lap times uploaded through the App's Rivals feature.

oscarolim
11-06-2016, 18:00
I made an Android app to share informations about our championships using free Google services, FUSION Tables or a simple GOOGLE spreadsheet (first is a real database, fast to update via remote, the second one is not a real database but still accepting limited SQL commands and updating in 10-15 minutes).
App is dead, but the concept was working good

For the plans I have in mind, an offline app would not be a good option. In the future I might add offline options, but for now that is not in the plans.

Update released today.

11th May 2016 - 1.4
- Added ability to use imported times from the vHUD for Project Cars apps, Windows 1.2.20 and Android 1.0.6 (more information (http://simracingmanager.com/projects-list/sim-racing-manager/importing-race-results))
- Display of the date next to each lap time uploaded from Time Trial

oscarolim
17-06-2016, 21:52
New update released today!

17th May 2016 - 1.4.1
- League's page only lists leagues that have at least one active championship
- Added the time difference to the Leaderboards and Track results
- Added information about the Game and Platform to the championship lists
- Added a -> (arrow) to links through the site to make it clear that you can click on it
- New calendar design for Leagues and User dashboard

FlyinJake
09-08-2016, 10:27
vHUD sometimes fail to upload my fastest laptimes to SimRacingManager.
Posting it here since I dont know which one is the root-cause.

Is there a logfile I can look at to see why it fails to upload?

oscarolim
10-08-2016, 09:43
If the lap is not clean, it will not upload.
Or are you getting the warning on the app saying it failed to upload? When that happens is because the app couldn't connect to the server. For this I plan to introduce some recovery code, that would save the lap on the device to try to upload at a later date (so it's not lost).

Also if the lap is not on time trial, then you need to register and add your Player Code to the app for the laps to upload.

No log file available, sorry.

oscarolim
12-09-2016, 08:16
Good morning.

I've released an update where now each championship has it's own wall, where registered users that are part of the League's roster can write and comment.
For now it supports only text, support for youtube videos and images (hosted elsewhere) will come this week. Support for images hosted on the platform will come at a later date (need to think about the best way to do that in terms of bandwidth usage).
There is also on the plans to add a championship gallery of images, those will be hosted locally.

Corylus
12-09-2016, 09:58
This application looks great. I have tried vHUD only as a Windows app but it couldn't seem to work in sync with pCars. I will look more in details to see how it works and look forward to experiment this.
Thank you for your work.

oscarolim
12-09-2016, 11:08
As a heads up, the Windows app for now only works if used on a different device than the one used to run the game (so you can't have the game and the app run on the same PC).

Also I just updated the site with support for images hosted elsewhere, youtube videos and xboxclips videos. Just add the links on the text and it will be interpreted by the site.
Videos have a link to load them, so it doesn't spam the wall on load. Eventually I can add options to have it autoload or as it is, as a user preference.

Corylus
12-09-2016, 14:31
I just tried with the Windows vHUD version on the laptop. Steam is installed on both computers so that streaming of both is possible. pCars is also installed on the laptop.

I clicked before the session on "start engine" and the screen was saying "waiting for valid session". So I launched pCars on the main computer, did 28 laps on TT mode as clean as possible. There is a code that you mention on your website we must paste into vHUD. When I quit the session, I looked at the laptop but unfortunately, it was still saying "waiting for valid session".

Just some minutes ago, I got vHUD on my Android phone and hope it will help working on this. The three upload parameters are all turned on and I will restart a session to see if it works on the phone.

I will inform you if there is still an issue.

oscarolim
12-09-2016, 14:33
Let me know how it goes or hit me up with a PM if you have further issues :)