PDA

View Full Version : Indy Car SP virtually unplayable on some tracks

bman1972x
27-04-2016, 05:33
What happened to the Indy Car AI? When the US Car pack was released the Dallara quickly became one of my favorite cars. I been driving a few other cars lately but came back to indy last night. Ran a few single player races all with a grid of 26 and had major issues on some tracks.

First ran a 52 lap race on Sonoma GP with AI at 80%. There was a car stuck permanently on the track between turns 9 & 10 (the sweeping right hand corner before the hairpin). Not sure if this car was the problem but after about 8 laps there was only 6 cars left racing, all others had retired.

Then tried the Green Hell, again with AI at 80%. Again after about 3 laps over half the field had retired. I also noticed that all cars in front of me would always get stuck on the carousal. I'm running a similar pace to the AI but every time I get to the carousal I pass them easily as they always get stuck. Not much fun.

Then tried Watkins Glen GP, again with AI at 80%. Every lap multiple cars either crash at turn 7 (toe). I think they clip the inside curb and then hit the outside barrier and it's usually a multi car pileup. Or they go well wide on turn 10 (the second last sweeping left hand corner) and nearly come to a stop. So I bump up the AI to 100% which is above my ability for this car and track combo and start from the back of the grid. Same issue. Despite Crew Chief constantly telling me that I'm about a second down per sector I go from last to 2nd inside 3 laps.

I know people have complained in the past of no retirements but in my races after a few laps there is barely anyone left on the track.

Gave Road America and Bathurst a try and they seem fine (although at Bathurst they clip the inside wall on turns 5 and 17 every lap).

Tried Watkins with Formula C and did not have these issues. Not sure what has happened but I am sure these issues were not not there when the US car pack was released. Hoping the devs are aware of the issues and will implement a fix next patch, especially as they will be including the 24 hour track.

Need to test some other tracks as I'm not sure how prevalent this has become. Hope it gets fixed as the Dallara is really a joy to drive.

Rambo_Commando
27-04-2016, 14:00
I recently race on Sonoma and Watkins Glen with the Dallara and had some great, exciting races. It was in single race mode, AI @ 100. Now I looking to start a career with this beast. Could be a PC only issue.

crowtrobot
27-04-2016, 14:08
I've found a lot of retirements on Sonoma running with Multi-class/LMP grids as well, I think it's the AI's fuel strategy more than a bug with any specific car. It crops up on longer races (20+ laps).

E_Luckow
27-04-2016, 14:28
I have reported this long time ago. Tried a race with GT4 cars, and almost all AI just retired.

Edit: At Sonoma

bman1972x
28-04-2016, 09:11
I recently race on Sonoma and Watkins Glen with the Dallara and had some great, exciting races. It was in single race mode, AI @ 100. Now I looking to start a career with this beast. Could be a PC only issue.

Interesting. Any chance you could do a quick race with the Dallara on Nordschleife and see if the AI get stuck on the carousal.

Cheers