PDA

View Full Version : T-80 wheel not working

Pops Racer
27-04-2016, 18:09
Well this is strange...

Got a t80 i been using since i bought p-cars.
I have trouble getting the wheel to "log in" as the controller but it finally does and so i get ready to race a bit and i notice the controls suck so i go see if my settings are messed up.
Then i see that the ps4 does not recognize the wheel and is treating it as an analog controller.

I slide the ps3/ps4 selector switch a bunch....no change..
Reboot the ps4, load game.... Still will not recognize the wheel.
Reboot again, shut off real analog controller only use the wheel,,, no good... Back to checking connection and selector switch...no good.

So now i may have to reset the system?
I will later this evening once i backup files as the reloading of all my other games will take a bit.
Anyone else have/had this issue?

ports
27-04-2016, 18:37
Have the wheel connected before you turn on the ps4 use the button on the ps4 to turn it on and keep the controller turned off. And use the wheel to start the game and use the X button on the wheel when you get to the start menu then it should work.

Pops Racer
27-04-2016, 19:21
Thanks for the reply!
But no good trying anything.
Did a quick system reset and now only one controller at a time is allowed to be active which is completely different from times before.. While using the wheel i could have the dualshock on(crew chief talking through speaker) now it is one or the other not both.
I isolated the wheel as the only controller(shutting off DS and using only wheel)
I have had glitches with the wheel being "shutoff" as the controller in the past but unplugging it and re-plugging worked..even in a race.
I think the wheel is broken and not sending the proper "handshake" OR the ps4 lost its driver files..(highly improbable)
No way to test either.
I think the fact only one controller at a time being "on" is a clue but again i only have one DS so i cannot test every condition with two controllers.
I know the t-80 is cheap shite and it has historically shown a number of minor glitches so there may have been a board failure or something..ps4 working normally otherwise.
At least it is not an expensive wheel that is faulty but at 100$+ there will be no replacement of the t-80
I do wonder if others have had similar issues with the t-80?

Pops Racer
27-04-2016, 19:30
One other possibilty is that the last update now sees the t-80 as an analogue controller? The wheel does work just all the wheel related setup menu options are missing...on the otherhand, i remember always seeing a wheel icon on the main ps4 screen whenever i turned on the wheel and now it is the analogue icon that appears when intializing.
Since it is not a FFB wheel they may have no need to treat it as a wheel any longer?
I will make some settings adjustments and race a bit with it and see.

Pops Racer
27-04-2016, 19:59
Well here is the update.
Wheel and pedals will work but has a 3 inch dead spot that settings in both setup menu and car setup menus can not affect.
Once the wheel is turned enough it acts okay (seems proportional once it gets passed the deadspot) but none of the steering setting can reduce the amount of center dead-spot.
I think the wheel is broken in some manner that is forcing the ps4 to treat it differently.
Being unable to affect any change in the center dead-spot may be another clue.

Pops Racer
27-04-2016, 20:01
Also, can we get an options access while on the track? The loading times are a bit long when i have to quit to adjust something...

Pops Racer
27-04-2016, 20:06
Deadspot adjustment works on the dualshock so it is an issue with the wheel.
Over a hundred dollars for a few months play is a bit steep i would stay away from the t-80 wheel

Udd-
02-05-2016, 11:47
Have you tried holding in the ps button on the wheel while connecting it to the USB on the ps4? Theres 2 modes, gamepad mode and wheel mode. Try it

Pops Racer
06-05-2016, 20:49
Thanks for the reply Udd!
Yes i tried every combination of connection to no avail.
Threw the t-80 in the trashbin a few days after i posted. It was broken.
My old hands can not race with the dualshock so i am out of the running until i can afford areplacement
Thanks thrustmaster for a total piece of shite in the t80.
I did buy the zonda nordschieff dlc as i support p-cars but no competitive racing for me until i can get a wheel. Loyal fan an all..
Hope to see you all soon on the track!!

amazed
07-05-2016, 13:56
T100 or T150 next step up performance and price wise for the PS4, don't know if this is of any help?

Udd-
07-05-2016, 19:41
Went from a t80 to Logitech G29 after a month. Loving it. Hope you get another wheel soon

BCJM76
07-05-2016, 21:48
Thanks for the reply Udd!
Yes i tried every combination of connection to no avail.
Threw the t-80 in the trashbin a few days after i posted. It was broken.
My old hands can not race with the dualshock so i am out of the running until i can afford areplacement
Thanks thrustmaster for a total piece of shite in the t80.
I did buy the zonda nordschieff dlc as i support p-cars but no competitive racing for me until i can get a wheel. Loyal fan an all..
Hope to see you all soon on the track!!

If the wheel was only a few months old, why throw it out? It should have a 1 year warranty on it. Send it back to Thrustmaster and make them fix it or replace it. Did you try getting in contact with Thrustmaster customer service?